AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 20:32   Link #201
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, it still looks promising to me, and esp after the second pv thing above. Very nice.

Here's a hopin'!
Old 2012-06-11, 22:06   Link #202
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Interesting trivia - Tari Tari is the only original (non-adapted, non-sequel) anime of the Summer season. Ironic, isn't it?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 08:34   Link #203
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

All the more reason to watch it. We need more original works and less light novel adaptations.
Old 2012-06-12, 15:14   Link #204
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Incredibly generic trailer (but less so than the first and original concept) with nice looking scenery which most likely are leftovers from Hana Saku Iroha. But then again, if they're gonna keep that kind of color, it should be something to look at. Passing for now, but tell me if it breaks the mold by a bit with good sound or characters or something.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 18:35   Link #205
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for newtype scans:

Last edited by Ravenblitz; 2012-06-14 at 03:36. Reason: sry
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:30   Link #206
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for newtype scans:
The second one isn't Tari Tari .____.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 13:05   Link #207
Kattaro

Well, I like Hanasaku Iroha so I going to watch this anime.
I don't know why but I like music in this CM and in previous PV.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Kattaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 01:20   Link #208
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattaro View Post
Well, I like Hanasaku Iroha so I going to watch this anime.
I don't know why but I like music in this CM and in previous PV.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
10:00. so this is not a late-night anime?
Old 2012-06-20, 02:11   Link #209
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
10:00. so this is not a late-night anime?
Hanasaku Iroha also aired around that time on a Sunday. I think it might be the same timeslot actually.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 03:56   Link #210
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I don't know about the others here, but the main aspect of this anime that prevents me from getting hyped about it is the art style. It just looks dull and soulless, especially when compared to the striking art styles used for Canaan and Angel Beats. Of course, that doesn't say much about how good the anime will actually be.

The PVs are just PVs. It's possible that this anime will contain interesting dialogue or marvelously relaxing slice-of-life scenes, but neither of those have been captured properly by the trailers.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 07:51   Link #211
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I don't know about the others here, but the main aspect of this anime that prevents me from getting hyped about it is the art style. It just looks dull and soulless, especially when compared to the striking art styles used for Canaan and Angel Beats. Of course, that doesn't say much about how good the anime will actually be.

The PVs are just PVs. It's possible that this anime will contain interesting dialogue or marvelously relaxing slice-of-life scenes, but neither of those have been captured properly by the trailers.
You're not alone. I was heavily criticizing the character designs and they seem to have not gotten any better. Seriously looks like an economic version of Iroha designs. At least it's not as bad as Another though .

But as good as Canaan and Iroha designs were, nothing will beat True Tears character designs...
Old 2012-06-24, 13:33   Link #212
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Looks like it will have 13 episodes.

If Ultimatemegax or someone else can make sure that the 13 on Animax's page refers to episodes, I'd appreciate it.

Hoping that this is one of the simulcasts that Crunchyroll will announce at AX.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 14:01   Link #213
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Looks like it will have 13 episodes.

If Ultimatemegax or someone else can make sure that the 13 on Animax's page refers to episodes, I'd appreciate it.

Hoping that this is one of the simulcasts that Crunchyroll will announce at AX.
tvk announced earlier it would be 13 episodes. Guess I forgot to post it here for some reason. Animax's site does confirm Tari Tari will be "13 episodes (1 cour)."

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 08:36   Link #214
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
tvk announced earlier it would be 13 episodes. Guess I forgot to post it here for some reason. Animax's site does confirm Tari Tari will be "13 episodes (1 cour)."
Given its a SoL, I'm glad it's 13 episodes. One of the primary reasons why Hanasaku Iroha wasn't "top tier" last year was that it was too long for its own good, leading to some fillerish episodes. Granted they were superior filler episodes compared to your average "cute girls doing cute things" type of shows.

1 cour should remove a significant amount of filler potential.
Old 2012-06-28, 12:34   Link #215
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Filler episodes are not generally a bad thing when done right. It helps with the character development and gets more background info on certain characters or events which helps build up a better storyline. I wish it was 26 episodes instead, not that I'm saying that 13 episodes is not enough to flesh out a complete story. It just becomes more challenging to pull it off successfully. I never thought Hanasaku Iroha would have filler episodes when it flow so nicely with the important episodes. I just never noticed that when I've seen other shows that make it obvious.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 14:36   Link #216
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Given its a SoL,1 cour should remove a significant amount of filler potential.
Does not compute.

The point of SoL is that it's made of filler,so the issue wasn't the filler itself,it was that (some) people didn't find it good.You can have a large number of episodes without it being an issue,there's plenty of very long SoL.
Old 2012-06-28, 22:49   Link #217
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Oh no no no no... HSI's time wasting on pointless shenanigans were legendary. The meaty characterization and drama, the good stuff, could've been condensed into 1 cour. In fact HSI could've been a great show if it was 1 cour with the stupid crap cut out.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 23:47   Link #218
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The point of SoL is that it's made of filler,
That's true for shows that are purely Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, but more dramatic SoL shows like HanaIro or Usagi Drop need to keep the plot moving forward and the characters developing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Oh no no no no... HSI's time wasting on pointless shenanigans were legendary. The meaty characterization and drama, the good stuff, could've been condensed into 1 cour. In fact HSI could've been a great show if it was 1 cour with the stupid crap cut out.
I still think the show suffered more from the order of the episodes than their actual content. The whole thing with Enishi wasting money on the bogus film, for example, would've worked fine in the early episodes to flesh out his character, but since it came so late everyone was expecting it to be a big plot point to lead into the final arc of the show.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 04:06   Link #219
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Oh no no no no... HSI's time wasting on pointless shenanigans were legendary. The meaty characterization and drama, the good stuff, could've been condensed into 1 cour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
That's true for shows that are purely Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, but more dramatic SoL shows like HanaIro or Usagi Drop need to keep the plot moving forward and the characters developing.
This is the part where I say that if it actualy has stuff like a plot that needs moving forward and drama then it's not a SoL show,"SoL" is really not the first term that comes to mind when describing either HSI or Usagi Drop and Tari Tari looks a lot more like a drama to me than a SoL show.

Then there's maybe the part where you reply,this thread would then be hijacked by a "what is SoL" debate that's been had quite a few times before.

So since I don't want to go there,yes,I know not everyone uses the term the same way I do and there's nothing I can do about it,normally I don't say anything anymore but when I hear stuff like this: "Given its a SoL,1 cour should remove a significant amount of filler potential." I can't help myself.

So I'll just leave it at that but if you want to discuss the topic we'd be better off discussing in via private/visitor message rather than hijacking the thread.
Old 2012-06-29, 05:40   Link #220
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

These argument are weird, Bebop and Champloo should not became 2 cour show too then, geez...

HSI is just another episodic show with some little "arc" here and there, undestand it already.

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works