AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 23:20   Link #241
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Bleed and consume solids (food).
I was going to say anything x-rated but... they are capable of feeling aroused, only thing missing is the parts. That can be remedied by porting their software into a life size body (like Hand Maid May), and viola, you have yourself a Shinki girlfriend.
The last time they tried to do that, said life-sized Shinki went beserk and nearly blew up a top secret R&D site

Also daaaw Master and Ann; managing to pick out Ann with no hesitation from amongst the all those Arnvals.

"I dunno. But I guess that's what makes a master, right?"

Ann flag tripped.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 23:24   Link #242
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The last time they tried to do that, said life-sized Shinki went beserk and nearly blew up a top secret R&D site
Well, that one was built as a weapon (if you're referring to what I think you're referring to). If a life-sized one was built for everyday life, it would be different.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 01:19   Link #243
novalysis

Actually, those "Job" Shinkis, if they are going to cause Mass Unemployment seems to imply that the world of Busou Shinki are heading for a Matrix Style or Quarian style worse case scenario, UNLESS their system of society changes.

Else, those with the Capital to buy and maintain the Shinkis are going to be the only ones with incomes, along with the few who can work with Shinkis directly. Then again, perhaps THERE is a huge Shinki Market emerging, and producing Shinkis are infinitely preferable to the Japanese, compared to importing Immigrants. Shinkis do not replace humans, they supplement an aging human workforce. Which means the doomsday scenario will not materialize, but we'll rather see an expansion of the economy. Then again, education too must then evolve to take into account a Shinki based economy where A.Is can upload information into their minds and likely learn far faster than any human.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 01:35   Link #244
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Well, that one was built as a weapon (if you're referring to what I think you're referring to). If a life-sized one was built for everyday life, it would be different.
Have you never heard the song "Sex as a weapon"? We would be at the mercy of our shinki overlords >_<
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 01:45   Link #245
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Even though the episode meant to be a serious episode, I laughed a few times such as evil Arnval mimicking and pro wresting Hina. In the end it turned out to be security training, pretty good episode.

Guess I should stop hoping the show would get darker like the OVA and just enjoy the show as it is.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 03:10   Link #246
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The fact that Shinkis are confirmed to have actual jobs is an exciting prospect, and shows just how far this particular setting has accepted AI's into daily life.

But this episode... TOO MANY ARNVALS

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 03:31   Link #247
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The fact that Shinkis are confirmed to have actual jobs is an exciting prospect, and shows just how far this particular setting has accepted AI's into daily life.

And 1 of the "enemy" Arnvals seems to be fighting at 3 times the poten- UWAH!! *Is shot*

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-11-10 at 03:46.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 04:04   Link #248
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

Imagine the Quarians freaking out. And of course:

Xen: "Studying one of these AI dolls is no different from surgery on a childhood toy."

Master Shepard: "My Shinki is not for research. Shinki are our friends, not our research subjects."

Xen: "But the potential benefits-"

Master Shepherd: "Are off the table."

Flashing Paragon AND Renegade interrupts.

Also there is no such thing as too many Arnvals! There's only too many Arnvals to carry! Also dat was the cutest security team with MP5s ever. Though I suppose Kampfgruppe Ankou has them beat.

And again, the bond between Shinki and Master isn't one way.

He stands in front of her. Surrounded by her sisters, her counterparts, they all look identical. They are all Arnval-type Shinkis, afterall.

But only one of them is Ann.

Rihito doesn't hesitate or think twice. His hand reaches out, and grasps Ann, and he lifts her to his shoulder.

He doesn't know which one is her. Using his head, he can't tell the difference. He can't explain just how or why he choose that specific Arnval. But his heart knows: this is his Shinki.

The bond between Shinki and Master is not one way.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-10, 04:16   Link #249
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Imagine the Quarians freaking out. And of course:

Xen: "Studying one of these AI dolls is no different from surgery on a childhood toy."

Master Shepard: "My Shinki is not for research. Shinki are our friends, not our research subjects."

Xen: "But the potential benefits-"

Master Shepherd: "Are off the table."

Flashing Paragon AND Renegade interrupts.
This could be the ideal foundation for a Mass Effect x Busou Shinki crossover Reminds me of that AU fic there it was the Geth that made first contact with humans before the latter discovered the Mass Relays.

So... the premise is the same as canon, except for the fact that Humans had already lived with Shinkis for centuries now, and take AI's for granted... which causes all sorts of problems when they encounter the Council, and especially the Quarians...

Quote:
Also there is no such thing as too many Arnvals! There's only too many Arnvals to carry! Also dat was the cutest security team with MP5s ever. Though I suppose Kampfgruppe Ankou has them beat.

He stands in front of her. Surrounded by her sisters, her counterparts, they all look identical. They are all Arnval-type Shinkis, afterall.

Rihito doesn't hesitate or think twice. His hand reaches out, and grasps Ann, and he lifts her to his shoulder.

He doesn't know which one is her. Using his head, he can't tell the difference. He can't explain just how or why he choose that specific Arnval. But his heart knows: this is his Shinki.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-11-10, 04:24   Link #250
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:

This! Have a cookie...

Quote:
This could be the ideal foundation for a Mass Effect x Busou Shinki crossover Reminds me of that AU fic there it was the Geth that made first contact with humans before the latter discovered the Mass Relays.
I wouldn't mind having that crossover... How about this?

Ann will win in a fight where a Shinki uses her funnel attack, and this is the reason.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-11-10 at 06:14.
Old 2012-11-10, 04:35   Link #251
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

So... the premise is the same as canon, except for the fact that Humans had already lived with Shinkis for centuries now, and take AI's for granted... which causes all sorts of problems when they encounter the Council, and especially the Quarians...
It was a random idea in my head that I decided to run with. Instead of VI assistants, humans have Shinki assistants...

...enter Udina being much less of an ass because he has a Shinki, he loves her, she loves him, and he can actually de-stress at the end of the day because he isn't the same lonely person who everyone hates in canon...also because he has the secret identity of being a respected member of the first cross-cultural extranet Shinki forum. Udina's job is to put humanity first... CitadelMaster's passion is to share the joy of Shinki with the universe!

...what have I just done?!?!

Quote:
clap.gif
Thank you! Too bad it's not long enough to up on FF.net Somehow, I felt happier, compared to my usual kind of writing. Universe sending me a message - move away from war, and head to peace and love. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
I wouldn't mind having that crossover... How about this?

Ann will win in a fight where a Shinki uses her funnel attack, and this is the reason.

Ann is the X-Divider?!?! @__@

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-10, 04:43   Link #252
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It was a random idea in my head that I decided to run with. Instead of VI assistants, humans have Shinki assistants...

...enter Udina being much less of an ass because he has a Shinki, he loves her, she loves him, and he can actually de-stress at the end of the day because he isn't the same lonely person who everyone hates in canon...also because he has the secret identity of being a respected member of the first cross-cultural extranet Shinki forum. Udina's job is to put humanity first... CitadelMaster's passion is to share the joy of Shinki with the universe!

...what have I just done?!?!
Somehow, I imagine Udina having a Strarf for some reason

Also, I wonder what model Shepard would have... inb4 Arnval

Quote:
Ann is the X-Divider?!?! @__@
Unicorn

Old 2012-11-10, 05:13   Link #253
Lukeman1884

Spoiler for Thoughts on ep 6:
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 05:17   Link #254
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Somehow, I imagine Udina having a Strarf for some reason
Udina with a Starf? USO DA- wait.

... Udina has the only Straf in the universe who actually prefers diplomacy to combat, and the only Starf ever who has taken an extranet degree in counselling

Spoiler for To get to my Master, you must pass through me!:

Quote:
Also, I wonder what model Shepard would have... inb4 Arnval
Arnval is the bestest, she does everything and doesnt afraid of anything!
- Graffiti found stenciled in Zakera ward.

XP

I think Engineer Shep would have an Arnval, Destroyer Shep would have a Zelnograd, Shadow shep has a Fubuki... FemShep has a Werkstra

But yeah, my shep has an Arnval named Chihaya. *shot*

Quote:
Unicorn
D'oh! My gundam-fu has grown weak.

... So if the Unicorn has Destory mode, powered by fear and hate, then Unicorn!Ann has Defend mode, powered by love? I totally approve. XD

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-11-10 at 05:33. Reason: Corrected typo, loving to living.
Old 2012-11-10, 05:22   Link #255
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
D'oh! My gundam-fu has grown weak.

... So if the Unicorn has Destory mode, powered by fear and hate, then Unicorn!Ann has Defend mode, powered by love? I totally approve. XD
But the form is still NT-D(Ann version)... used to turn every funnel used on her back to the enemy.
And yes, powered by love from master, and friendship from her fellow shinkis. *Beam rifled*

Though, you wouldn't want a Hyper Mode!Ann right?
Old 2012-11-10, 05:32   Link #256
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
But the form is still NT-D(Ann version)... used to turn every funnel used on her back to the enemy.
And yes, powered by love from master, and friendship from her fellow shinkis. *Beam rifled*
"Watashi no Mastah no tame ni!"
-Transmission recorded during the Skyllian Blitz, from a Shinki on-site. Commander Shepard's Shinki was instrumental in coordinating local Shinkis for recon, and apparently flew into a berserker rage when he was wounded and seriously injured.

Quote:
Though, you wouldn't want a Hyper Mode!Ann right?
What's Hyper Mode fore? Sorry, my gundam knowledge has grown weak over the years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
1. Okay, so it was a false alarm. But what's to stop REAL terrorists using Shinkis to perpetrate their crimes? Seriously, bomb or no bomb, a single Shinki could probably take down one of those planes PRETTY easily. You don't even let us take bottles of water onto a plane, yet have no problems with miniature super-soldiers armed with very REAL weapons and programmable morals?
Because they were in the cargo hold. US laws allow firearms to be carried as part of the luggage.

Secondly, it appears that that is exactly the scenario that they were training for; I'm quite sure there are air marshall Shinkis in service, also note the counterterror Arnvals. They probably had a plan for dealing with this... But the Red Cell girls got onto the wrong plan, so the plan got scuppered.

Quote:
2. It occurs to me that Kurara has pretty much lost every battle she's been in so far. Crazy anarchy race notwithstanding. Just HOW many people did she have to pay off to get into the finals of that tournament?
There is a certain difference between fighting in a tournament and in real life. Also, I'd note that the Eukurante series, at least in Battle Masters, appear to be glass cannons; they aren't good at taking hits. Get in a good hit and they go down.

Quote:
3. Y'know, Ann's master probably only picked her because she was the Arnvel closest to the front. I also LOVE how he doesn't even react to the fact that there were, like, 10 Anns. If I load my cat onto a plane and 20 pop out at the luggage conveyer, I'd be slightly confused.
This is the funn-vee, the humdrum-vee is over there.

Also, having actually loaded my dogs into a plane for travelling, even next to other dogs I can still pick out mine. There are a gajillion pictures of Spitz-Daschund mixes out there - but I can always pick put which ones look like my Spitz-Daschund, and which one is my Misty.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-10, 05:34   Link #257
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
"Watashi no Mastah no tame ni!"
-Transmission recorded during the Skyllian Blitz, from a Shinki on-site. Commander Shepard's Shinki was instrumental in coordinating local Shinkis for recon, and apparently flew into a berserker rage when he was wounded and seriously injured.

What's Hyper Mode fore? Sorry, my gundam knowledge has grown weak over the years...

*My Quin Mantha Girl explodes*

NOOOOO!!!

To put it simple, Golden mode. (G Gundam)

Btw, who have the credits of episode 6 where 6 Kana Asumi are shown in the cast list?

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-11-10 at 05:47. Reason: Number error...
Old 2012-11-10, 05:52   Link #258
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
*My Quin Mantha Girl explodes*

NOOOOO!!!

To put it simple, Golden mode. (G Gundam)
Oh! that! *hits the appropriate music*

.. I think if ever an Arnval were to enter that stage, START RUNNING. Hell, any Shinki enters Hyper Mode, run like hell.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-10, 06:13   Link #259
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Oh! that! *hits the appropriate music*

.. I think if ever an Arnval were to enter that stage, START RUNNING. Hell, any Shinki enters Hyper Mode, run like hell.
An Arnval did that Hyper mode already......................

And if they ever mass produce this version of Arnval... I can say, RIP to all who dares to stand against her...

Quote:
Old 2012-11-10, 07:55   Link #260
novalysis

The WHOLE Mass Effect story should be retold with a Shinki. I'd think it'd make for an awesome crossover.

Of course, a Halo- Busou Shinki Crossover might work. Cortana as an A.I with a Shinki frame....
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishoujo, mecha musume, science fiction, slice of life