AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-12-31, 20:53   Link #21
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Fate/Zero, Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, Momo e no Tegami
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Kokurikozaka kara, Fate/Zero, Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Fate/Zero, Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Fate/Zero, Natsume Yuujinchou Shi, Momo e no Tegami
-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Tsuritama, Aquarion Evol
-{B3}- [Best Horror] Another
-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Hyouka, Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
-{B5}- [Best Drama] Sakamichi no Apollon, Momo e no Tegami, Kokurikozaka kara
-{B6}- [Best Romance] Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] K-On! Movie, Hyouka, Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
-{B9}- [Best Sports] Chihayafuru, Kuroko no Basket, Major: World Series

-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Fate/Zero, Chihayafuru
-{C2}- [Best OVA]
-{C3}- [Best Movie] Kokurikozaka kara, Momo e no Tegami

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Ayase Chihaya / Chihayafuru, Mine Fujiko / Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, Mizutani Shizuku / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Emiya Kiritsugu / Fate/Zero, Lupin Sansei / Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, Oreki Houtarou / Hyouka
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Count Luís Yu Almeida / Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, Kotomine Kirei / Fate/Zero
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Bungaku Shoujo / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Jigen Daisuke / Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, Ooe Kanade / Chihayafuru
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Nisemonogatari OP3
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Fate/Zero, Sakamichi no Apollon, Tsuritama
-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series] Uchuu Kyoudai, Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199, Initial D Fifth Stage

Last edited by Scab; 2013-01-07 at 17:05. Reason: Added Ongoing Series and corrections
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 20:55   Link #22
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's not like I expected any of those three named series to win, I was hoping to raise awareness around those series and their characters. But here, the rules just cockblocked fans.
Historically there's another reason for the (only series that have ended) rule and that's to avoid declaring a series as "Best of anything" when there's the possibility it might completely screw itself over in the next cour (in particular when it comes to story and plot, which can affect quite a lot of the genre categories too). Now I consider Psycho-Pass to be of too good budget and writing to screw up in any spectacular way, but I can not say the same for most series out there. For a lot of series what is recognized as a "masterpiece" may very well still only be promises by the half way point, and so there's always the possibility the series will fail to deliver; in which case all the hype will turn on it's head. Even if a series has somewhat proven itself, there's still the fact that half of it's plot is unfinished therefore "half of it's greatness" is still merely in the mind of it's fans—or the speculation discussion. This is not fair towards series that have fully proven their worth.

To give an example take Guilty Crown, based only on the first 3-4 episodes, you'd think it's somewhat on the same level as Psycho-Pass or some other relatively deep show. By the 8-9 episode though for a lot of people it had turned into a circus with very poor character development choices. Of course not saying that everyone hated it after that, but that's the point of the rule. All series are voted on when they are completely exposed for what they are, so that when people vote, they vote on their good parts and their bad parts, not just their good parts, and promises for more good parts.

On that note I don't see any alternative rule that is more fair at this time. We have no intention of making series eligible in an unfair way, such based on some branding, fandom, time slot or otherwise.

Since the whole split season deal seems to have become somewhat of a trend as of late I suppose these particular issues need to be resolved. A rule to allow ongoing series to be eligible to some ongoing (misc) category would be entirely possible, and I believe we did discuss this but no proper category was ever proposed. But as I explained, a rule to allow a series to be eligible in the standard categories is completely unfeasible (breaks too many rules, and principles). The category would have to be discussed, be completely dedicated to ongoing series, and the rule and it's scope would have to be discussed. As for it's merits I suppose it's merely "expose good series that are ongoing" as you put it (albeit slightly differently).

Feel free to VM or PM Haak with suggestions for such a category/rule to show recognition for ongoing shows. It's entirely within his power to make such a category happen either effective imediatly, next year, or never :P At this point it's also his decition what will happen on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
If we take that rule into account starting this year, then how eligble are series that have a sequel instantly greenlit after the last episode, without actually knowing if that sequel will start airing within 1 cour.
An example would be K or Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You

later edit: or series that have their 2nd season announced, but it takes more than 3 months after the last episode of the first season to air? Like Haiyore! Nyaruko-san or chihayafuru (mentioned in Qilin's reply below)
Haak pretty much calls it on all rule ambiguities so you'll have to wait for his final word on it, but...

Unless I'm mistaken the answer to all your questions is that a series is not counted only if the second season is a very direct continuation. So if the last season had a very clear ending (eg. K) or the next season is specially called out as an unrelated story, then the rule does not apply and the series is eligible. A series simply having a second seasons isn't enough to discount it. I think the easiest way to think about it is: in the absence of the other part can the series be considered a full story, with a clear ending. In the case of K, all main story arcs where closed and it had a very clear ending, so there shouldn't be any problem. I can't speak for HnG since I haven't really been following it.

In the case of series like Fate/Zero the issue was that the series did not end and the second part (second season) was just a literate continuation. This annoyed quite a lot of people last year because the vote felt dishonest, since obviously nobody knew the second half. If Psycho-Pass was eligible, the exact same would happen.
Old 2012-12-31, 21:12   Link #23
aly_angelflight

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] AKB0048, Mirai Nikki
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Hyouka, Chuunibyou

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Oda Nobuna no Yabou
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Shakugan no Shana F, Zero no Tsukaima F
-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Symphogear, AKB0048 First Stage
-{B3}- [Best Horror] Mirai Nikki
-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Hyouka
-{B5}- [Best Drama] Sukitte Ii na yo
-{B6}- [Best Romance] Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Chuunibyou
-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Yuru Yuri S2, Teekyu
-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Chuunibyou
-{B9}- [Best Sports] Chihayafuru, Saki Achiga-hen
-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Dog Days', Oda Nobuna no Yabou
-{C2}- [Best OVA]Detective Conan Magic File 6
-{C3}- [Best Movie] None

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Nagisa/AKB0048, Shana/Shakugan no Shana F
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Cinque/Dog Days', Hayate/Hayate no Gotoku
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Kayaba Akihiko/SAO, Fine/Symphogear
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character]Onjouji Toki/Achiga-hen, Hanbei/Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Yukikaze/Dog Days'
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] AKB0048, Dog Days'
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Symphogear ED#2, Hayate no Gotoku ED#1
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Mirai Nikki, SAO
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 21:27   Link #24
Dawnstorm

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Natsuyuki Rendesvouz, Fate/Zero 2, Mirai Nikki

-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Tasogare Otome X Amnesia, Sakamichi no Apollon, Sengoku Collection

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Mouretsu Pirates, Fate/Zero 2, Medaka Box

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Natsume Yuujinchou Shi, Tasogare Otome X Amnesia, Kyousogiga (2012)

-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Mouretsu Pirates, UnGo:Inga Ron

-{B3}- [Best Horror] Wasurenagumo

-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Hyouka, UnGo: Inga Ron, Tasogare Otome X Amnesia, Persona 4

-{B5}- [Best Drama] Sakamichi no Apollon, Tari Tari

-{B6}- [Best Romance] Nazo no Kanojo X, Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun, Natsuyuki Rendesvouz

-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Joshiraku, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Kill Me Baby

-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Hidamari Sketch X Honeycomb, Yuru Yuri, Kimi to Boku 2

-{B9}- [Best Sports] Chihayafuru, Saki Achiga Hen

-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Nazo no Kanojo X, Sakamichi no Apollon, Joshiraku

-{C2}- [Best OVA] Kyousogigia, A Channel + Smile, Arata naru Sekai: Mirai Hen

-{C3}- [Best Movie] UnGo: Inga Ron, Momo e Tegami

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Urabe Mikoto / Nazo no Kanojo X, Mizutani Shizuku / Tonari no Kaibutsu kun, Watashi / Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Yoshida Haru / Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun, Mishima Taichi / Chihayafuru, Shimao Atsushi / Natsuyuki Rendesvouz

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Serizawa Kamo / Hakuouki Reimeiroku, Deishu Kaiki / Nisemonogatari, Unzen Myouri / Medaka Box

-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Fukube Satoshi / Hyouka, Shiranui Hansode / Medaka Box, Tachibana Miya / Amagami SS+

-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Sakamichi no Apollon, Kyousogiga (2012)

-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Joshiraku ED, Mouretsu Pirates OP, Kill Me Baby ED

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Nazo no Kanojo X, Sakamichi no Apollon, Sword Art Online

-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series] Shin Sekai Yori, Shirokuma Café, Robotics;Notes

[Feedback]If you were to allow ONAs, I'd vote for Kyousogiga, twice for 1 point (fantasy and setting)[/feedback]

Last edited by Dawnstorm; 2013-01-04 at 23:18.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 21:31   Link #25
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Feel free to VM or PM Haak with suggestions for such a category/rule to show recognition for ongoing shows. It's entirely within his power to make such a category happen either effective imediatly, next year, or never :P At this point it's also his decition what will happen on this matter.
I vaguely remember a category of 'Best New Show/Newcomer' that covers all ongoing shows (minus the long running ones). But that might have been a different site. I guess a better name would be 'Best Ongoing Show' or 'Most Promising Show'. But if it's just to promote Psycho Pass, then it might not be worth it.

I'll vote later.
Old 2012-12-31, 21:38   Link #26
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
But if it's just to promote Psycho Pass, then it might not be worth it.
There are different situations here:

Two-cours: That involves a lot of good shows this year, other than Psycho Pass (Shin Sekai Yori, Robotics;Notes, Sakurasou, Magi...)

Delayed episodes: Girls und Panzer

Long Running shows: Shirokuma Café, Uchuu Kyoudai...

I'm fine with two-cours and delayed episodes. But the longrunning shows can get you into strange situations. For example, if I were to vote for the ED "Bamboo Scramble" from Shirokuma Café, I'd have to vote for it next year, even though it ran for a month (March) this year. It also pretty much excludes never-ending shows (such as Naruto). (Not that I personally mind, since I don't watch those anyway.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 21:46   Link #27
Sphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post

I'm fine with two-cours and delayed episodes. But the longrunning shows can get you into strange situations. For example, if I were to vote for the ED "Bamboo Scramble" from Shirokuma Café, I'd have to vote for it next year, even though it ran for a month (March) this year. It also pretty much excludes never-ending shows (such as Naruto). (Not that I personally mind, since I don't watch those anyway.)
Well, I should make mention I'm happy to have shows wait until when they finish before nominating them too. But the point about music is true. If I remember correctly, I have voted for OPs/EDs from long-running shows before, like Fairy Tail (a couple great EDs this year too). I even like OP1 from Shirokuma Cafe. Would be a shame to not count them.
Old 2012-12-31, 21:54   Link #28
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Fate Zero
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] K, Guilty Crown, Hyouka
-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Fate Zero, Lupin III, Jormungand
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Natsume Yuujinchou Shi, Kyousogiga, Shakugan no Shana III
-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Jinrui wa Suitai wa Shimashita, UN-GO episode:0 Inga-ron, AKB0048
-{B4}- [Best Mystery] UN-GO episode:0 Inga-ron, Hyouka, Another
-{B5}- [Best Drama] Tari Tari, Sakamichi no Apollon, Ano Natsu de Matteru
-{B6}- [Best Romance] Ano Natsu de Matteru, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte Ii na Yo
-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Jinrui wa Suitai wa Shimashita, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Binbogami-ga
-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Tari Tari, Hyouka, Natsuiro Kiseki
-{B9}- [Best Sports] Tsuritama, Chihayafuru

-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Tari Tari, Hyouka, Fate Zero
-{C2}- [Best OVA] Kyousogigia
-{C3}- [Best Movie] UN-GO episode:0 Inga-ron, Hotarubi no Mori e

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Wakana Sekai / Tari Tari, Watashi / Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Kuroyukihime / Accel World
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Oreki Hotaru / Hyouka, Kiritsugu Emiya / Fate Zero, Takashi Natsume / Natsume Yuujinchou Shi
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Kotomine Kirei / Fate Zero
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Satoshi Fukube / Hyouka, Rider / Fate Zero, Sentaro Kawabuchi / Sakamichi no Apollon
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Accel World, Lupin III
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Hyouka OP1, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita ED, Tari Tari OP
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Guilty Crown, Sakamichi no Apollon, Tari Tari
-{D8}- [Best Ongoing] Shin Sekai Yori, Psycho Pass, Space Brothers

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2013-01-13 at 10:24. Reason: Changed and added choices.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 23:21   Link #29
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Just wanting to make sure, the reason Mardock Scramble isn't eligible is because the 3rd movie isn't out on DVD yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It's not like I expected any of those three named series to win, I was hoping to raise awareness around those series and their characters. But here, the rules just cockblocked fans.

I am disappointed. Really.
You can do it next year, Cross Game was a spring 2009 4 cours show so it wasn't eligible for the 2009 awards but its fans made sure that it took right about everything in the 2010 awards.
If you want a more recent example take a look at how chihayafuru is getting plenty of nominations this year after not being eligible last year.

Trust me,I'll be sure to remember Jojo next year

Last edited by totoum; 2013-01-01 at 05:37.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 23:53   Link #30
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Fate/Zero
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Hyouka, Sakamichi no Apollon, Nisemonogatari

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Fate/Zero
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Mouretsu Pirates, Jinrui Wa Suitta Shimashita
-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Mouretsu Pirates
-{B3}- [Best Horror] Another, Future Diary
-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Another
-{B5}- [Best Drama] Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Ano Natsu de Matteru
-{B6}- [Best Romance] Mysterious Girlfriend X, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Ano Natsu de Matteru
-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Dansei Koukousei no Nichijou, Jinrui wa Suitta Shimashitta, Chuunibyou
-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Hyouka
-{B9}- [Best Sports] Chihayafuru, Saki: Achiga-hen

-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Chihayafuru, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Hyouka

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Urabe Mikoto/MGX, Mizutani Shizuku/Tonari, Hitagi Senjougahara/Nisemonogatari
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Houtarou/Hyouka, Taichi/Chihayafuru
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Gasai Yuno/Mirai Nikki, Miyanaga Teru/Saki: Achiga-hen
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Yamagushi Kenji/Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Satoshi Fukube/Hyouka, Rider/Fate/Zero
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Mouretsu Pirates, Sword Art Online
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Mysterious Girlfriend X OP, Polar Bear Cafe OP, Mine Fujiko OP
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Rinne no Lagrange, Mysterious Girlfriend X

Thoughts:
This list would change a lot if Hunter X Hunter was eligible. I love Nisemonogatari but there weren't many categories that I could place it in (If there was a best scene or like best dialogue then). This year was fairly thin in comedies but the ones that I did nominate were really good ones. I honestly didn't finish as much anime as I wanted to this year.

Last edited by ahelo; 2013-01-02 at 23:42.
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 00:38   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It does seem logical to exempt OP end ED songs from the restriction, though. If, for example, you wanted to vote for Hunter X Hunter's first ED - which aired in 2011 - the earliest you could vote for it would be 2013? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Perhaps we could make a single-category exception.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 05:29   Link #32
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd just like to ask a favour: If you're not going to use the feedback system and want to discuss the rules then please wait until after the Nomination Phase or Voting Phase. For all immediate questions about a series eligibility that you're unsure about then please PM me or felix.

We wanted to avoid discussing rules for the moment in order to avoid people getting dragged up into a discussion about rules and then not having enough time to consider their votes. For the time being let me clear up questions about the rules and why we have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
EDIT: Girls und Panzer is not qualified and so is Medaka Box Abnormal. So I vote for its first season instead.
Medaka Box Abormal is not ineligible. Since both seasons ended airing in 2012, they have been combined.

Quote:
If we take that rule into account starting this year, then how eligble are series that have a sequel instantly greenlit after the last episode, without actually knowing if that sequel will start airing within 1 cour.
An example would be K or Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You
We are very unlikely to see an anime airing within one cour after a greenlit announcement so we can assume they count as separate seasons.

Quote:
later edit: or series that have their 2nd season announced, but it takes more than 3 months after the last episode of the first season to air? Like Haiyore! Nyaruko-san or chihayafuru (mentioned in Qilin's reply below)
Those are considered separate second seasons and do not affect the eligibility of the first season that ended airing this year.

In the case of Haiyore! Nyaruko-san and Chihayafuru the next season will air a whole half a year or more after their first seasons aired.

This is different to those that have a second season airing with only one cour because in those cases it is easy to see what has happened production-wise: They were originally meant to be a whole season and were just split up, and not simply due to seeing how sales of the first season would go before green-lighting a second season.

Felix has already covered why ongoing series are ineligible but just to reiterate, if we were to allow ongoing series' then that would mean letting shows that have finished compete with shows that haven't which could constitute as an unfair competition since we clearly judge unfinished anime by different criteria to finished shows so some might gain an unfair advantage over others. This might not be the case in a clearly impressionable series such as Psycho-Pass but there are plenty of of other lesser ongoing series that are actually quite good but have been held down due to not finishing, for example.

Quote:
So how is that fair , if series that have their 1st half or even their 1st cour (incase of an announced split cour) aired 2011 like Guilty Crown, Fate/Zero etc. are allowed for 2012's nomination?
Because then it means all anime that are eligible have finished airing in that year: They all begin at the same starting line. There might be an issue with people remembering anime which have aired over the year and finished in March but this issue already exists with one cour anime that started within the year and finished in March and as totoum pointed it out, there's not a lot of evidence to suggest this is a significant factor anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Just wanting to make sure, the reason Mardock Scramble isn't eligible is because the 3rd movie isn't out on DVD yet?
This is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It does seem logical to exempt OP end ED songs from the restriction, though. If, for example, you wanted to vote for Hunter X Hunter's first ED - which aired in 2011 - the earliest you could vote for it would be 2013? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Perhaps we could make a single-category exception.
It's certainly worth considering, but this could end up running into issues with the automated counting system, so we'd have to check to make sure.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 06:26   Link #33
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Color me quite puzzled about the ongoing series and/or series with an incoming second season being denied like that. Frankly, 12 episodes within the same year should be plenty enough, but that's just me (there go my votes for Jojo, Shin Sekai Yori etc...). That makes me wonder why do we even include Fate Zero again, since it is paradoxally the only series that actually benefit from this new rule but oh well.

Anyway:

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot]
  • Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
  • Fate Zero

-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation]
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
  • Hyouka

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure]
  • Fate Zero

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Hyouka

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
  • Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life]
  • Hyouka

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Fate Zero

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead]
  • Takanashi Rikka / Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
  • Watashi / Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
  • Tachibana Gin / Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Tenzou Crossunite / Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
  • Oreki Houtarou / Hyouka
  • Emiya Kiritsugu / Fate Zero

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Kotomine Kirei / Fate Zero
  • Gilgamesh / Fate Zero

-{D4}- [Best Side-Character]
  • Satoshi Fukube / Hyouka
  • Rider / Fate Zero

-{D5}- [Best World Setting]
  • Sword Art Online
  • Accel World

-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme]
  • Sword Art Online OP1 : Crossing Fields
  • Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! ED1 : Inside Identity
  • Fate Zero OP2 : To the Beginning

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Guilty Crown

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-01-01 at 08:54.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 06:37   Link #34
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Quote:
It's certainly worth considering, but this could end up running into issues with the automated counting system, so we'd have to check to make sure.
The problem is as follows. To allow you to vote for OP/ED songs for ongoing shows means to forbid you to vote for them next year. So that means we have to take into account the timeframe in which the OP/ED aired. We might even have to take into account if the OP/ED was changed. It's honestly very stupidly complicated. If you have a OP/ED that covers the whole show, does that mean if it's illegible now, it's illegible next year? We would then have series that in the year they are eligible have no eligible OP/ED songs. What about OP/ED that are a remix? do those count as one, or two separate ones. What about opening that turn into endings and vice versa.

From technical standpoint I can make it happen (with a little bit of work). But it would be extremely troublesome to verify by hand; and I'd like to always keep that as an option at our disposal. I also don't want to have to explain such convoluted logic when people start asking why they can't vote for OP/ED of series X that is eligible that year.
Old 2013-01-01, 09:18   Link #35
Chandela
Straight Chillin

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Bakuman 2, Chihayafuru
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Hyouka

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] BTOOOM!, Oda Nobuna no Yabou
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Sword Art Online
-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Ano Natsu de Matteru
-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Hyouka
-{B5}- [Best Drama] Sakamichi no Apollon
-{B6}- [Best Romance] Sukitte Ii na yo., Kamisama Hajimemashita
-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Yuru Yuri♪♪
-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Kimi to Boku 2, Tari Tari
-{B9}- [Best Sports] Chihayafuru

-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Chihayafuru, Sakamichi no Apollon, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
-{C2}- [Best OVA]
-{C3}- [Best Movie] K-On! Movie

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Chihaya Ayase / Chihayafuru, Oda Nobuna / Oda Nobuna no Yabou
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Moritaka Mashiro / Bakuman 2, Yoshida Haru / Tonari no Kaibutsu Kun
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Atsushi Shimao / Natsuyuki Rendezvous
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Natsume Asako / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Eiji Nizuma / Bakuman 2
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Sakamichi no Apollon, K, Kamisama Hajimemashita
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Sakamichi no Apollon OP1, Hyouka OP2, Sukitte Ii na yo. ED1
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Sakamichi no Apollon, Kimi to Boku 2
-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series] Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Zetsuen no Tempest, Psycho-Pass

Last edited by Chandela; 2013-01-10 at 14:00. Reason: Best Ongoing Series added.
Chandela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 09:19   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Fate/Zero, Chihayafuru, Tsuritama
-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Tsuritama, K, Hyouka

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Fate/zero, Jormungand
-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Natsume Yuujinchou shi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Mouretsu Pirates
-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Another, K, Tasogare otome x amnesia
-{B5}- [Best Drama] Chihayafuru, Sakamichi no appolon
-{B6}- [Best Romance] Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai
-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Gintama', Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Yuru Yuri
-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Tari Tari, Hidamari Sketch x honeycomb, Hyouka
-{B9}- [Best Sports] Chihayafuru

-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Chihayafuru, Tari Tari, Hyouka
-{C2}- [Best OVA] One off
-{C3}- [Best Movie] Momo e no Tegami, K-on

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Watashi / Jinrui wa suitai shimashita, Shizuku Mizutani / Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Momo Belia Deviluke / To Love-ru Darkness
-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Gintoki Sakata / Gintama, Taichi Mashima / Chihayafuru
-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Kirei Kotomine / Fate/Zero, Deishu Kaiki / Nisemonogatari
-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Misogi Kumagawa / Medaka Box, Satoshi Fukube / Hyouka, Rider/ Fate/Zero
-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Mouretsu Pirates
-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Sakamichi no Appolon OP1, Tsuritama OP1, Tasogare x Amnesia ED1
-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Fate/Zero
-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series] Jojo's bizarre adventure, Shin Sekai Yori, Psycho-Pass

A few suggestions, if I may: a best seiyuu category would be nice, as would a best studio. As discussed earlier, a category to reward on-going shows is also a must (how are we ever going to reward very long running shows otherwise?). I'm so sad I can't vote for Jojo anywhere...

And what happened to the fanservice/ecchi category? There are far more anime you can put in this category than in horror every year, so it doesn't make sense to remove it. Like it or not, it's a major "genre".

Last edited by Kanon; 2013-01-13 at 17:01.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 10:27   Link #37
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Unfortunately, there's just no perfect way to handle the "2 Cours show that begins in the Fall" situation. Each solution has its own distinct pros and cons.

Let's look at the possible solutions:

1) Let a show be nominated in every year that it's airing. Reckoner already explained the serious problems with this. Having the exact same two-cour show win the same category(s) two years in a row would just look bad, imo. Not to mention I think it's a bit unfair for some shows to be able to win two years in a row while other shows are only able to win one year. If a show is an actual sequel, then that's different of course, but that's not the case for new two-cour shows that start airing in the Fall.

2) Shows are only eligible in the year that they started airing. This obviously would be silly, since then some shows would never be voted for on the basis of their entirety.

3) Push back the awards until Spring, after two cour Fall shows end. It was felt that this would seriously disadvantage one cour shows for last Winter, since those shows would be over a year old by the time people could vote on them. Plus, it just seems more fitting for annual awards to be situated as close to January 1st as possible. Also, even with this solution some shows could "fall through the cracks" (like a split cour show that starts in the Fall).

4) Shows are only eligible in the year that they finished airing. This is what we opted for. It is unfortunate in some ways - I myself would love to nominate Psycho-Pass and Shin Sekai Yori in some categories - But those shows will have their chance next year.
Old 2013-01-01, 10:40   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Or you could just make a "Best on-going show" category. Easy and simple. This way, even never-ending shows like One Piece will finally be able to be rewarded.
Old 2013-01-01, 10:45   Link #39
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Unfortunately, there's just no perfect way to handle the "2 Cours show that begins in the Fall" situation. Each solution has its own distinct pros and cons.

Let's look at the possible solutions:

1) Let a show be nominated in every year that it's airing. Reckoner already explained the serious problems with this. Having the exact same two-cour show win the same category(s) two years in a row would just look bad, imo. Not to mention I think it's a bit unfair for some shows to be able to win two years in a row while other shows are only able to win one year. If a show is an actual sequel, then that's different of course, but that's not the case for new two-cour shows that start airing in the Fall.

2) Shows are only eligible in the year that they started airing. This obviously would be silly, since then some shows would never be voted for on the basis of their entirety.

3) Push back the awards until Spring, after two cour Fall shows end. It was felt that this would seriously disadvantage one cour shows for last Winter, since those shows would be over a year old by the time people could vote on them. Plus, it just seems more fitting for annual awards to be situated as close to January 1st as possible. Also, even with this solution some shows could "fall through the cracks" (like a split cour show that starts in the Fall).

4) Shows are only eligible in the year that they finished airing. This is what we opted for. It is unfortunate in some ways - I myself would love to nominate Psycho-Pass and Shin Sekai Yori in some categories - But those shows will have their chance next year.
I would have to point out that such things like "it won twice in a row" should not matter. If the show was that good, than it deserves to win both times.
Old 2013-01-01, 10:51   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Indeed, especially that if a given fall series managed to remain fresh in people mind the next year, that either means 1) this series was THAT good 2) the second year was just quite poor in some aspects.

Tags
choice awards