AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-07, 14:47   Link #2001
Cryonosis
~Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
I also wonder if reversed-gender Ouran could work...
I would love to see a reverse Ouran, would be wildly entertaining. My main gripe with Ouran was that it really made women out to be shallow and inept. Even the protagonist, Haruhi, with her strong will was always being reprimanded for being independant and in need of well to do men to accomplish anything.

Anyway, my own addition is Gundam00. . . I don't see the love for this show at all, The second season was better than the first by far. But it was still a group of psycho ward escapees, literally; running around bullying the people of the world into living in their own preconcieved notion of a perfect world. Throughout the entire series I frequently found myself rooting for the antagonists of the series and wanting to completly disregard the shows repeated attempts to evoke sympathy for the protagonists as being the good guys because to me, they were never anything but the bad guys.
Old 2013-01-07, 16:30   Link #2002
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
It could, but it would be two things:

A regular harem.

And a brothel.

Old 2013-01-07, 17:21   Link #2003
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
If the girl Haruhi was posing as a man, then this genderbent Ouran will have Haruhi as a trap. Plus points if they make this Haruhi a mentally mature shota trap and all the other host club members became onee-san maids.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:39   Link #2004
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
That's a bad, bad idea. It just won't work at all. I would hate it as much as I hate the real thing. It doesn't change what I hate from real Ouran even if the hosts are busty hostesses. It may getting off-topic but I just can't help myself to make a simple genderbent version of Ouran but I also adds my own black comedy to show you how bad the real Ouran is. Ouran fans and those who dislike my previous criticism are free not to push that spoiler button down there.

Spoiler for Ouran High School "Hostess" Club:

I know I went too far especially with "topless" part but that just an equivalent to the Bali theme in the real Ouran. I only saw at least 6 episodes of it and I can only parody the part which I recognized. It could be longer but I'm aware I'm making fool of myself of doing this.

As my own experience with Ouran I already dropped it twice. I saw first four episodes in 2006(prime-time) and two other in 2010. I just couldn't bring myself to see the 20 episodes more.
Old 2013-01-07, 21:31   Link #2005
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

^That's really make my day. Despite it's length I enjoyed your Ouran High School "Hostess" Club and thanks for sharing it here.

For me Ouran is just another copy-paste issue just like I said earlier to K. Say what you love to hate about ecchi harem shows and replaced it with pretty boys you got yourself Ouran. Say anything you love to hate about ecchi action shows like Sekirei and Manyuu Hikenchou and replaced them with pretty boys and you got yourself K.

I also hate to say this but both are just fan-pandering to the max. The only obvious difference between both are the marketing audiences.
Old 2013-01-07, 23:14   Link #2006
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Well to be honest romance isn't that well written in anime, doesn't matter yuri, yaoi or hetero.
That's not really true.
The hetero is written a good deal better than yaoi/yuri because the latter would rather rely on fanservice instead of realism in a relationship.
Old 2013-01-08, 01:58   Link #2007
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
That's not really true.
The hetero is written a good deal better than yaoi/yuri because the latter would rather rely on fanservice instead of realism in a relationship.
Well, hetero does get produced more than the rest two so, the chance of getting a good story out of it is much more.

There's also the budget and profit to consider for the studio producing the show. The easiest way to draw attention and minimize the risk for loses is fanservice.
That's just what I think.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:14   Link #2008
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
That's not really true.
True. Why? Majority of viewers are males. Now I say it's fishy. Why not "them" and instead, men? Weird huh, that's because it has erotic appeal to them. See most of them drool as they watch. Two pretty, moe, kawaii, young girls kissing each other...yeah, its hot, definitely right guys?

Plus the plot/setting, its VERY UNREALISTIC. Its either:

> all girl school without men ( even the teachers are lesbo, woah!!!!)
> parents, and oniichan doesn't exist ( not even mom)

What could you expect from it? Its FANSERVICE.

Regarding yaoi animes... though I don't want them, I'm still very impress that they continue to make some genres though their viewers are a fraction compared to the vast yuri fandom.

Well. That's only my opinion.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:16   Link #2009
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
There's some good yuri romances, but they're mostly either...

1) Heavily implied, but never confirmed.

2) In manga that have never been adapted into anime, or never adapted far enough to get to the best yuri parts of it.

If you're looking for a good full-fledged yuri romance (where it definitely goes beyond subtext or just joking around), I would say the best are Kannazuki no Miko and Strawberry Panic.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:20   Link #2010
Fuyuno
Banned

@NK_500

It's a well-written parody but too bad you seems to missing something like Honey could be flat-chested loli. I know what you try to show us there but at least in my opinion reversed-gendered Ouran could not as popular and critically acclaimed as it is now.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:21   Link #2011
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
That's not really true.
I suspect part of the issue with same-sex relationships not being portrayed seriously is political ramifications. There is one same-sex relationship that I can remember, and I believe it was Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora. I recall that having been a pretty nicely developed relationship for one that really lacked any screen time.
Quote:
There's also the budget and profit to consider for the studio producing the show. The easiest way to draw attention and minimize the risk for loses is fanservice.
That's just what I think.
You can fanservice any character to death as long as they're worth fanservicing. Having same-sex fanservicing just adds icing to a cake. Working without any concrete numbers here, I suspect that fanservice doesn't really have a huge effect on numbers since the industry is pretty nicely split between anime with and without fanservice. In fact, I've seen a lot of anime more recently that straight-up make fun of fanservice whilst fanservicing.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:25   Link #2012
Eragon
Still Alive

@Genji - Well that's because, IMO, that's the way society or Japanese think. That unless the girls are surrounded by girls and no man in site is the only time they will fall in love with another girl. As Triple_R said, yuri, at least in anime, is most of the time implied.

Sasameki Koto is probably the only anime I have seen where the girls are in a co-ed school and still develop feelings for one another.

And please, exemption of parents isn't strictly confined to yuri shows. Most shows don't show parents. And don't even get me started on them being realistic.

EDIT: @Traece - Well, I doubt yuri shows make that much money either way so, anything to get the audience maybe worthwhile for them. This is just speculation btw.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:26   Link #2013
Fuyuno
Banned

I also wonders why no girls in most yaoi shows as well...
Old 2013-01-08, 02:26   Link #2014
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I feel I'm living in some sort of parallel universe where the yuri shows I watch (Blue drop, Sasameki Koto, Aoi Hana...) aren't fanservicy.

I mean we are talking legit yuri here right?Not just subtext shows like Saki?Because to me those don't count as "yuri romance"
Old 2013-01-08, 02:37   Link #2015
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I feel I'm living in some sort of parallel universe where the yuri shows I watch (Blue drop, Sasameki Koto, Aoi Hana...) aren't fanservicy.
I forgot about Blue Drop. Yeah, that's another pretty good serious yuri show.

Aoi Hana's a good show in general, but I honestly found it's yuri to be a major tease (it's a shame it's adaptation didn't last longer...).

Sasameki Koto just didn't click with me, but I might give it another try some day.

Oh, and there is Mai HiME. Although that is arguably creepy yuri...
Old 2013-01-08, 02:45   Link #2016
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

I mean we are talking legit yuri here right?Not just subtext shows like Saki?Because to me those don't count as "yuri romance"
I wasn't saying every yuri show relies on it. Just saying if some of them did, there's a good reason for that.

*ignore if the post wasn't meant for me*
Old 2013-01-08, 02:50   Link #2017
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sasameki Koto just didn't click with me, but I might give it another try some day.
You might want to read the manga instead. They've got completely different moods and no points for guessing which version suffered from trying to change its identity.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2013-01-08, 03:01   Link #2018
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
I wasn't saying every yuri show relies on it. Just saying if some of them did, there's a good reason for that.
Oops,my statement might have sounded like a more serious statement than it really was

I'm sure you didn't mean to say that every yuri show relies on it but I got the impression you thought they relied on it more than hetero romance, sorry if that's not the case.

@ triple_R: As Akito Kinomoto said you're likely better off with the Sasameki Koto manga.
Old 2013-01-08, 03:17   Link #2019
Eragon
Still Alive

^ I said that 'fanservice' thing with regards to anime in general.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:25   Link #2020
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Oh, and there is Mai HiME. Although that is arguably creepy yuri...
So is Kannazuki No Miko UGH....very creepy....
Any yuri/yaoi pairings I really ship are mostly subtext...or they are side pairings that aren't completely focused on. It's much nicer when the director isn't trying to shove it down your throat. Somehow the appeal is lost when they do that...and I also prefer it when characters don't kiss in the first episode...
*kicks Gravitation and KNM*
Shameless fanservice is shameless! I find these two series so similar. One is yaoi, one is yuri and both have good things but are horribly executed when it comes to the main "romance" and they rely on pandering to draw people in instead of a good story between the two couples.
though Gravi isn't quite as offensive...

Last edited by Chiibi; 2013-01-08 at 08:38.
Closed Thread