AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 08:40   Link #30861
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Too hopeless

Because unless you have groundbreaking technology, at least one or two step behind I.S., the final design would be a real robot, a master of none. This assuming I.S. allows robot construction to be practical and less maintenance-heavy, such as simplified frame or actuator.

So they might not bother about military robot, on the other hand, I could imagine about civilian mecha, complementing stuff such as forklift or dozer.

The only idiotic things about this is the lack of military power armor, since U.S. troops in Canon still use their peashooter against M(adoka) instead of heavier weapon with CHANCE to damage I.S. or at least slow it down.
Old 2012-05-13, 08:52   Link #30862
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was thinking more for the civs yeah...

then there was the thought that a whole country's military resources are being funneled into choice machines. The idea bothers me that if they fund the IS so heavily, what would be left of the infantry and other facets of the military? Under budgeting?

If they are talking about military security, I don't think concentrating it on a handful of mecha is wise.

then again there was no canon statement that all resources of military are diverted to IS research and development
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 08:58   Link #30863
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Question. What's keeping every other country from developing a mech which isn't IS?
Knowing that the IS will kick its ass.
Old 2012-05-13, 09:04   Link #30864
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Will be shown in ST is two: working/civilian mecha and power armor. Those mecha are serving in the military, but in non-combat role most of the time (with some limited exception where they substitute IFV, NOT tanks)

No armed giant robots like Gundam or Armored Core, unless Tabane did it for the lulz.

Canon statement: I.S. development are expensive.

By this logic, less-wealthy country will have their military under-budgeted. This is why only major countries are mentioned most of the time, and USA, with the biggest ham and beef in their disposal, took a leading role in front of everyone else when it comes to I.S. development.

And yes, we already agree few hundred pages ago that if you put same resources and effort in I.S and conventional weapon, I.S.-oriented side WILL lose in battle of attrition, no excuse.
Old 2012-05-13, 09:08   Link #30865
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I rewatched the first episode of the anime and an idea struck me. What if a country actually stuck to the deal and decided to put IS research on priority two instead of one? I mean they still continue it but not in a way as frantic as other countries. Instead it decides to see if there is a way to legitimately increase the overall military power and the IS is designated as truly a sports machine. So that country's IS seriously has no lethal weaponry... as unlethal as possible anyway
Old 2012-05-13, 09:14   Link #30866
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Waste of resource.

It was crystal clear that I.S.-verse situation is similar to cold war, with I.S. = nukes + advanced military gadgets.

In this verse, the performance of their I.S. and quality of the Representatives is a portrayal of their military power. If a country is crazy enough to do that, well, tough luck with the national pride
Old 2012-05-13, 09:18   Link #30867
demino_hellsin
That one guy

... so it becomes my gun is bigger than yours vs Do you have enough guns?
Old 2012-05-13, 09:32   Link #30868
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Pretty much boils down to that.

It's even worse in TLR Stratos (mostly due to rule of funny), which boils down to "Which country's models is used by UN Space Force against alien invader?"

Yes, as said before United Nations has their own I.S. batch, since the total number of cores is 150% more than canon number, meaning that there's about 1300-1400 cores in existence instead of 460+.
Old 2012-05-13, 09:35   Link #30869
Eratas123

Are there any confirmed people in canon who.....play for the other team?
Old 2012-05-13, 09:37   Link #30870
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Squall and Autumn.
Old 2012-05-13, 09:46   Link #30871
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I imagine the sports model IS would have equipment more fit for events than firepower but it's interesting because the performance with each equipment would be as is.

sword/axe/or similar bladed weaponry - toughness and handling over sharpness; still undergoes sharpening.

shield - minimalizing damage

gun - accuracy, precision and ease of handling over muzzle velocity.

so basically the rafael but much more specialized...
Old 2012-05-13, 09:51   Link #30872
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Gladiator IN SPACE

Though in this case, MORE muzzle velocities is desired, but LESS wide projectile is used instead. Similar to concept of most hypervelocity projectile weapon IRL be it superdense darts or ferromagnetic bullets. More velocity means less air interference and bullet drop as well as tighter MoA = better accuracy overall & further effective range.
Old 2012-05-13, 09:54   Link #30873
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When I imagine that kind of IS in combat with the canon cast 1v1 then somehow pushing it into a stalemate. The other none IS mecha charge in and take care of the infantry... huh
Old 2012-05-13, 10:04   Link #30874
Eratas123

@ Box _ I meant other than the two psycho's.

@ Senpai - Is it ever stated how many chassis are produced? I find it hard to believe a corporation can get by on making those alone.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:06   Link #30875
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I'm calling it, Ichika plays for both teams.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:13   Link #30876
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I Imagine at most 100 unit per mass-produced type, 50 being generous estimation.

And yes, bisexual Ichika is hardly shocking
Old 2012-05-13, 10:27   Link #30877
Eratas123

So you're saying there's a corporation which makes 50-100 chassis for at most.......2-4 cores? Waste of resources.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:34   Link #30878
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What?

Military Industries works just like that.

Most of the money came from your own government (Military R&D Budget yo!), but if you're lucky, you can export the result of your research and get extra payment as result.

This is where 50-100 figure came from, most unit probably only have 1-10 copies of itself.

And I.S. undergo generation shift 3-4 years once, plus add-on packets and upgrades in-between, that's a lot of money circulating around your corporation.

And now you know why Dunois is throwing temper tantrum. A lot of resource simply stopped flowing in the moment they failed to do shit with G3 development.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-05-13 at 10:44.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 11:05   Link #30879
Eratas123

I know the military makes boatloads of weapons, but that's like making dozens assault rifles when you only have 4 clips of ammo. What about the money that went into making the other assault rifles? They just going to get scrapped?
Old 2012-05-13, 11:09   Link #30880
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If Dunois did succeed in their 3rd gen unit. Did anyone write about that yet?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest