AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-03-25, 11:54   Link #3821
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
More development with our favorite female trio?

Seriously, Cruz is technically the closest to those three than any other characters. Which also makes me realize that Blade is pretty much just as close to Seto and Solva... heywaitasec...

dammit, Cruz and Blade, you chick magnets! Blade has his GARness and Cruz... well, do I need to say anything about Cruz?

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 13:53   Link #3822
Homura7

"Someone is groping my butt" *Glares at Blade*

Blade: WTF, I'm not even there!!!

lol

Disk is overkill.

Anyway, do you have something to say about the matter of the DNA?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 14:44   Link #3823
Avvesione

I don't think Cruz will be back to male clothes as long as 'traps' are popular. I've noticed a lotta traps are popular on shows and Cruz's popularity has risen since he's become dressed like a Killer Girl. He might go back to male clothes (and different than before) once there's someone to have pantyshots of (and judging that Cruz wears striped, probably Setsuna).

About the DNA, I'm curious how similar the DNA would be to Aruka. I'm not sure how technical the explanations will be (Imai Kami seems to have a solid understanding of sciences) but I'd guess for the story purposes that Cruz and Aruka will have similar DNA. Perhaps that means that Arclight, Blade, Cruz, Eve and Aruka are all 'related'.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:28   Link #3824
Homura7

I don't think Cruz will go back to male clothes again... Not like it matters now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Aruka too has the DNA of the Second Christ. When confronting Blade she showed impressive strenght (destroyed the ground with a single kick), agility (capable to jump high distances) and resistance (seriously, she withstood a combination of LB+VS strengthened with the Fourth Wave!!!!!). Only Eden cells enhance human stats. That said, you never know, her DNA could differ from Cruz's.

Another example of the enhanced strenght,speed and resistance is Ishiyama. Dodged Blade's punch, got rid of Mio easily...

And of course, there's Cruz too, who survived the highest fall ever.

Another one with these traits is Saten.

And, of course, there's Riru too. Eden cells not only enhance human capabilities, fragments become stronger too. This can be noted with her Psichokinesis fragment or Arclight's PF.

But both Arclight and Saten have something that enhances exponentially their power: Eden Seed.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-03-25 at 15:46.
Old 2010-03-26, 01:29   Link #3825
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Doesn't Ishiyama also have Eden Seed?

And don't forget, there's a reason that Riru, Saten Aruka and Uten (well, maybe not so much Uten) were called the Four Strongest... I think being Missing Link level means more than just having a powerful fragment

as for Cruz and Aruka... well, something tells me we're not going to get much of a backstory on their family (though it is possible). However, think of it along these lines: both share the same DNA, being brother and sister. It is possible that the DNA had the trait of containing some sort of dormant trait related to becoming another Jesus Christ. After all, until the gang fought her, Aruka was known to have never left an opponent alive. But, circumstances made it so that Cruz was the one who, via Eve, came into contact with Eden Seeds, and it was the dormant trait in him that got awakened

Old 2010-03-26, 03:16   Link #3826
Avvesione

Setsuna, Mio and Kuchinashi are all Missing Link, too, so I don't think being Missing Link requires Eden Seeds (only the type of fragment they possess).

Anyway, going back to the DNA, I guess if Cruz has similar genetics to the Second, then he'll have similar genetics to Arclight (who absorbed the Second's body and therefore its genome). Perhaps Saten does, too, with the Eden Seed tattoo put on display. And maybe everyone with Eden Seeds. It'll be a while before we start to figure that out. I think we'll see some more info on Cruz in the next chapter (maybe Saten will explain to him why this memory is important to him (or he might just keep that a secret) and what Saten plans to use Cruz for).
Old 2010-03-26, 08:29   Link #3827
Homura7

Considering the situation they have been put, I don't think Saten wants to stay inside a lost memory forever, and thus, will tell Cruz a few interesting details, that I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Doesn't Ishiyama also have Eden Seed?
No, he doesn't. Up until now, only Arclight and Saten have been revealed to have possession of the Eden Seed aka mysterious mark. We have to take in count, however, that while Arclight has no more, Saten wears more bandages wraped around his right arm, neck and front, and knowing Imai, I don't think they are there just for adorn.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-03-26 at 09:24.
Old 2010-03-26, 16:56   Link #3828
Avvesione

Here's a list that'll help classify people:

Eden Seed Tattoo Needless (strongest):
Arclight
Saten

Eden Seed Needless:
Blade
Eve
Riru
Ishiyama
Cruz(?)

Missing Link Needless:
Aruka
Uten
Setsuna
Mio
Kuchinashi
Hatfield

And then everyone else is a below that with 'normal' Needless powers. Some people will probably move around as the series progresses, but this is a simple list for the time being to help classify people right now.
Old 2010-03-26, 18:13   Link #3829
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Still think we need full translations before we start making facts of everything, before ch22 translations everyone said Mio Setsuna and Kuchinashi wernt missing link. And earlier then that some people claimed Cruz's hair long hair was the result of Doppelganger, yet its clear from the text its hair extentions!
So before we get translations how about keeping it all theory instead of spreading facts that are just friggin guesswork.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 23:17   Link #3830
Avvesione

One of the reasons everyone is posting here with their theories and ideas are because we can't translate things ourselves. That's why this thread is always so popular. We can always go back and change our theories as developments happen. It's true it's confusing with all these facts, pseudo-facts, ideas and myths but we're all just trying out best to understand what's happened, what's happening and guessing (and almost always failing) on what will happen. I'm sure most here remember when 71 was released and people were debating if it was really Blade or not who came to save Cruz (some though Eve and others thought Saten) but it ended with the next month's chapter solving that problem. I don't think it's a bad idea but only if people are able to explain the difference between fact and theory.

Anyway, I'm kinda curious if we'll see Voras in the present (unless she dies in Blade's memory) somewhere in Blackspot. She has an interesting fragment giving her the ability to cloak herself and hide. Wonder how much older/different she'll look if she does appear.
Old 2010-03-27, 00:31   Link #3831
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Doing some thinking... I have a question: we know Ishiyama is part of the Triple Six committee, and that he was behind the funding of the AP (and Eve project as well, I think), but was it ever stated that he was actually the head of the committee?

Old 2010-03-27, 07:40   Link #3832
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
One of the reasons everyone is posting here with their theories and ideas are because we can't translate things ourselves. That's why this thread is always so popular. We can always go back and change our theories as developments happen. It's true it's confusing with all these facts, pseudo-facts, ideas and myths but we're all just trying out best to understand what's happened, what's happening and guessing (and almost always failing) on what will happen. I'm sure most here remember when 71 was released and people were debating if it was really Blade or not who came to save Cruz (some though Eve and others thought Saten) but it ended with the next month's chapter solving that problem. I don't think it's a bad idea but only if people are able to explain the difference between fact and theory.

Anyway, I'm kinda curious if we'll see Voras in the present (unless she dies in Blade's memory) somewhere in Blackspot. She has an interesting fragment giving her the ability to cloak herself and hide. Wonder how much older/different she'll look if she does appear.
Im only saying that people shouldnt act like their theories are facts. Its realy anoying since mostly its pure guessing and theories. Youll be in danger of building a theory opon a theory opon a theory. <- bound to colapse eventualy.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 17:03   Link #3833
Avvesione

I wonder if the new Eden Cells injected into Eve will allow her Doppleganger to become stronger. Might be interesting to see what she'll be able to do with the new Eden Cells inside her.

Perhaps she'll be able to transform like Arclight did with a belly mouth... ...oh wait.
Spoiler:
I'm hoping to see healthy and active soon. Been kinda sad with her kidnapped, under ESP virus, and injured for most of the series.
Old 2010-03-28, 17:46   Link #3834
Homura7

I don't think Eve will recover instantly. After the shot she will need some rest before entering the battlefield.

This arc is already wraping. The next one should take place again in the oppressed town, since Seto and Solva stayed there to defend it from future Simeon attacks.
Old 2010-03-29, 03:56   Link #3835
Kefit

Hey guys, I thought I'd give a bit of an update on translations for the St. Rose arc. Basically, our translator is busier with his job than he expected to be. With any luck the major project he is currently working on will finish up within a few weeks and he'll then have a lot of time to translate for us. I might be able to get a chapter or two from him in the mean time, but don't expect another rush of releases, at least for a little while.

I'm antsy to get back to work on this myself. I was so busy with school for a few weeks that I almost forgot how much I love the shoujo butai <3
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 16:10   Link #3836
Sekirei07

Glad ya stopped by, worried all those chapters I cleaned would go to waste lol
Old 2010-03-31, 20:47   Link #3837
Avvesione

Anyone think there might be a reverse trap later on in Needless? I was looking at Yamada and Mio together and thought that Mio might be able to pass as a boy with her short hair (w/o her bow) and flat chest. I wonder if she'd dress up like Cruz, say if Cruz is being stalked by Simeon, and some poor fool thinks they caught him only to get Mio-chan Punched and knocked out. Would be pretty funny. Hope we get to see Mio again soon... hope she isn't too badly injured or anything.
Old 2010-04-01, 21:15   Link #3838
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

BTW wonder how will this guy come into play in Needless?
Spoiler for demon dude:
Old 2010-04-03, 02:39   Link #3839
big_slick001
I...D...K...
*Artist

^ is that Adam Cyclops?
big_slick001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 02:45   Link #3840
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Yep that''s him. With the loli demon girl.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen