AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-23, 17:02   Link #1061
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

At least they're not calling it mind-rape. That was starting to get to me when I read through the Ep.11 discussion thread before joining. But mindwiping doesn't seem plausible, they probably have other things in store for her. Like... I don't know... getting the password for the Guren, perhaps?

Getting manipulated to fight against Zero is also too implausible. She's already had her faith in him shaken once by Suzaku, at the end of season 1. And even then, she chose to stay with Zero anyway.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:03   Link #1062
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Oh please, not this Kallen dying nonsense again. The only girl who ever has a shot of dying in his arms is C.C. and even that isn't going to happen. Kallen will not die. She will be fine in the end so stop worrying about it.
didnt she already die in his arms the first ep of both seasons (she got better)
plus kallen can tell suzaku if lulu really is zero (not willingly but still)
Old 2008-06-23, 17:04   Link #1063
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Are you saying that this way, Lelouch is Kallen "knight in shining armor"?

He is now in someways since he gave those words of encouragement during her capture. She is going to be waiting for Lelouch.
A bit. Lelouch isn't going to abandon her as things are at least. He made a promise after all. He'll find some way to confirm her whereabouts later on after
Spoiler for spoilers for future epispdes:
and then be off. We might have a mostly Kallen-centric episode a la episode 9 of season 1 where she meets her father, the rest of her family, etc - and then towards the end of the episode, Lelouch turns up and helps her, she confronts her father and her father might, if not giving her his blessing like her mother, at least maybe tell her something along the lines of that she can do what she likes, but that she shouldn't expect to be saved a second time. Then she and Lelouch is off back to the OotBK...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:04   Link #1064
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
didnt she already die in his arms the first ep of both seasons (she got better)
Die permanently. And she wasn't in his arms the first time. It doesn't matter either way.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:06   Link #1065
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
What is it with everyone and mindwipe? Just because there's Geass users it doesn't mean there's going to be mindwiping! This isn't Gundam every 50 soldiers isn't a blasted Newtype!
But no there is a possibility that Kallen could be manipulated to fight against Lelouch which means there's a good chance that she would end up dying in his arms. That would suck... I would cry. Really, I would cry.
And no, no Suzaku x Kallen. Suzaku isn't interested in women anymore. His hardcore lover died on him, he's not going to go down that road again.
okay do anyone think kallen will being captured will end up in a situation like how Rose from FMA got captured and then got ....
Old 2008-06-23, 17:07   Link #1066
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
A bit. Lelouch isn't going to abandon her as things are at least. He made a promise after all. He'll find some way to confirm her whereabouts later on after
Spoiler for spoilers for future epispdes:
and then be off. We might have a mostly Kallen-centric episode a la episode 9 of season 1 where she meets her father, the rest of her family, etc - and then towards the end of the episode, Lelouch turns up and helps her, she confronts her father and her father might, if not giving her his blessing like her mother, at least maybe tell her something along the lines of that she can do what she likes, but that she shouldn't expect to be saved a second time. Then she and Lelouch is off back to the OotBK...
I seriously hope not. I'm sick of having her involved in every damn episode of this show. I suppose this is possibly why they had her captured. They needed to have her gone so some other characters could actually get some screentime. Bah, you shouldn't care since she'll be the LI no matter what.

And Kallen won't be raped. The only kid she'll ever have will be Lelouch's.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-23, 17:09   Link #1067
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Getting manipulated to fight against Zero is also too implausible. She's already had her faith in him shaken once by Suzaku, at the end of season 1. And even then, she chose to stay with Zero anyway.
Plus she told him in episode 7 to litterally "go on deceiving them until the end" which basically implies that whether she trusts him or not doesn't matter much; he still (like Todou) has a dream he must try to make a reality for the people around him - or die trying, but at least let them dream until the end - and she's going to follow him until the end or realization of that dream, simple as that.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:09   Link #1068
Cherudim Arche

That seems like a very desperate option. I don't think it will go that far, even for rescuing.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:11   Link #1069
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
I seriously hope not. I'm sick of having her involved in every damn episode of this show. I suppose this is possibly why they had her captured. They needed to have her gone so some other characters could actually get some screentime. Bah, you shouldn't care since she'll be the LI no matter what.

And Kallen won't be raped. The only kid she'll ever have will be Lelouch's.
i wouldn't be to sure about that i mean she is in the enemy hands afterall
Old 2008-06-23, 17:11   Link #1070
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Meh, Kallen will be fine no matter what. She has more plot armor than anyone else in this show. She's also critical to it so she won't be going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
i wouldn't be to sure about that i mean she is in the enemy hands afterall
And I think you let you dislike for Kallen go to ridiculous levels. Nothing bad will happen to her.

Old 2008-06-23, 17:13   Link #1071
Var
Banned

Actually, the Emperor's never done anything to damage/hurt Lelouch even while fully knowing what he's been doing. The only time he ever acted was when Lelouch was caught and, in a way, he was sparing him from a far harsher end if he hadn't made use of him.

Look at it this way: V.V. knows full well Lelouch awoke, its safe to assume that Charles and his super-vision knows as well. Yet, he's done nothing. V.V. has finally taken action but his actions are a reply to C.C.'s own move through Lelouch. You have the battle between the Geass-givers, which is playing out in the background, but Charles himself hasn't opposed his son at all.

So, I don't really see any need for Charles to do anything to Kallen. It would hurt his son, something he's not done (more than once in the entire series), and it doesn't even serve the same purpose as when Charles Geassed Lelouch, which was to draw out C.C.. Geassing Kallen will draw out Lelouch, not C.C..

I mean its perfectly possible for him to Geass her, but what does he gain from it? Charles has shown no interest in stopping the Black Rebellion, heck, letting Nunally go to Japan ended up helping the Rebellion and he didn't even seem to bat an eye. He could have easily sent all the KoR to rape the Rebellion in less than a second but he hasn't and the only one who has is Suzaku, who simply brought his friends along.

Also, transfering Kallen across the Ocean to the Emperor... seems like a stretch for even a KoR to pull off. For one, I doubt Charles just does as he's asked of by his underlings, two whatever I said above, and three we saw in episode 6 that its not exactly the best idea to transport someone important with the OoBK wanting them.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:14   Link #1072
Traece
:cool:

Dann if you're so Anti-Kallen as you seem to be, maybe you shouldn't be speculating her fate with everyone else in the Kallen thread? At the least, you're being a bit rude here. Lighten up man, it's just talk.

Believe it or not though it is very possible that Kallen could die, Dann. There are animes where the mainest of main characters die at the end and everyone else lives on. There are even some animes where most of the cast dies, the main character goes crazy. Anything can happen in fiction. I will agree that Kallen will most certainly not die and will probably end up with Lelouch. C.C. will probably end up being the one that dies. But there's still a slim chance that she could die. What I meant by her being turned was that she could be FORCED to fight against Lelouch by a Geass user. Obviously she would take control of herself and fight it like Euphemia did. Kallen is a lot stronger than Euphemia was so there's a chance that she could surpress it. At the same time, it could lead to trouble with her living. There's a lot of possibilities that stem from her possibly being mind-controlled in to fighting the man she loves, and detailing them all would be too much typing and too much reading.

@VAR: That's also right. But I always thought it could've been a third person that wiped the memories, not V.V. or The Emperor. I don't think Charles would go walking around Area 11's schools wiping the minds of freaked out students. That would be pushing it, don't you think?
I said this once before: My theory is that Charles is grooming Lelouch to be the next Emperor after him. If you think about it, it's very possible. He hasn't done anything to stop Lelouch and he's let him kill off members of the Royal Family without so much as a care. Charles dictates under the saying: "Survival of the Fittest." Well folks, this is what he said. The fittest Royal Family member becomes the Emperor. Whoever isn't dead, gets the throne. I wouldn't be surprised if Charles himself had to take it in a bloody fashion.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:16   Link #1073
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
Meh, Kallen will be fine no matter what. She has more plot armor than anyone else in this show. She's also critical to it so she won't be going anywhere.

And I think you let you dislike for Kallen go to ridiculous levels. Nothing bad will happen to her.
why you say that and who's going to protect her suzaku?

i don't hate kallen, i just like CC more than kallen
Old 2008-06-23, 17:16   Link #1074
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
I'm sorry to say Dann, but I think that Kallen's capture will provide an opportunity to go back to Kallen's and Suzaku's relationship, so you will probably still see a lot of her (and Suzaku).

There hasn't been any scenes since season 1 where Kallen and Suzaku interacted off the battlefield, and I think Sunrise will try to milk that.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:18   Link #1075
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo
okay do anyone think kallen will being captured will end up in a situation like how Rose from FMA got captured and then got ....
She is of a powerful family and currently more or less under the protection of a KoR plus that she's a capable fighter by herself - you'd have to be someone VERY stupid to take the risk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday
She might not have any screentime in 12-14 from the looks of it - and then other characters (Anya, gino, C.C., Rolo, Shirley and many more) will hav esoem screentime. That's hardly "Every damn episode of the show" . Her getting her "own" episode might well make up for what screentime she'll be missing out though. It's hardly a guranteed fact though.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:18   Link #1076
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Dann if you're so Anti-Kallen as you seem to be, maybe you shouldn't be speculating her fate with everyone else in the Kallen thread? At the least, you're being a bit rude here. Lighten up man, it's just talk.

Believe it or not though it is very possible that Kallen could die, Dann. There are animes where the mainest of main characters die at the end and everyone else lives on. There are even some animes where most of the cast dies, the main character goes crazy. Anything can happen in fiction. I will agree that Kallen will most certainly not die and will probably end up with Lelouch. C.C. will probably end up being the one that dies. But there's still a slim chance that she could die. What I meant by her being turned was that she could be FORCED to fight against Lelouch by a Geass user. Obviously she would take control of herself and fight it like Euphemia did. Kallen is a lot stronger than Euphemia was so there's a chance that she could surpress it. At the same time, it could lead to trouble with her living. There's a lot of possibilities that stem from her possibly being mind-controlled in to fighting the man she loves, and detailing them all would be too much typing and too much reading.
I am anti-Kallen. Is there a problem with that? Just because I watch Code Geass doesn't mean I have to absolutely love her like many others. And you aren't going to tell me you actually expect her to die or be raped, do you?

No, it's not. She has her mother waiting for her and her general character type pretty much guarantees she will leave. C.C. will die and will not be the LI ever. Kallen will and live. That's all there is to it. She will be just fine no matter what happens to her.

Old 2008-06-23, 17:19   Link #1077
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
given what he did in ep 5 i wouldnt be surprised if he tells lulu (while they are at the school) that he captured kallen (they were talking about her in ep 8) and she was executed
just to see lulu's response
Old 2008-06-23, 17:20   Link #1078
NoLongerSane

As for Kallen's current fate, I do not think that Sunrise will attempt to have her personality changed. I am going to take a guess that the only reason for her to be released into her father's custody would be the doing of Suzaku and probably Gino since he seems to want to please Suzaku.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:21   Link #1079
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post

She might not have any screentime in 12-14 from the looks of it - and then other characters (Anya, gino, C.C., Rolo, Shirley and many more) will hav esoem screentime. That's hardly "Every damn episode of the show" . Her getting her "own" episode might well make up for what screentime she'll be missing out though. It's hardly a guranteed fact though.
No, C.C. is in China so she'll get no more screentime than she has now. And she has been in every damn episode of this show. And she's already so important so I doubt they won't give her own episode since there is apparently so many huge mysteries surrounding her. She's the LI anyway so she's guranteed tons of screentime.

Old 2008-06-23, 17:23   Link #1080
Dream_Traveller
Banned

11 really gave her screen-time, didn't it?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote