AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-07, 14:12   Link #1061
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
That forums purpose is video/pc games. (I'm not against the idea by any means)
I've read the rules you've linked to there, and don't see a single explicit mention that the forum is only for Electronic games. I think you're coming up with a non-existent interpretation. I had a thread about Tabletop RPG's before, and the moderators seemed completely fine with it.

Also, I think having a Mahjong thread in the Games forum would be much preferable outcome than the Saki thread becoming a Mahjong thread.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 14:19   Link #1062
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
I'll do it later today if nobody has done it by then.

Also, gg and wth Gonzo. They flew through 4 chapters, but lost some time because they had to retcon their own change to the series. Chibi koromo looks nowhere as amusing as she does in the manga either.
Spoil me. Explain the bold part please?

I'm assuming by the 4 chapters comment that the second round of the match finished in this episode.
Old 2009-06-07, 14:44   Link #1063
Midonin
Last Engage

That was a fun episode. Nice job by Ryoko Shintani as Kaori, stumbling her way to victory. And Kyoutaro continues to prove that he has a fine future as an errand boy.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 14:45   Link #1064
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep10:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 14:45   Link #1065
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
Spoil me. Explain the bold part please?

I'm assuming by the 4 chapters comment that the second round of the match finished in this episode.
He's referring to the change of Mako's family's store from a mahjong parlor to a "maid cafe with a mahjong table".

Gonzo decided they needed Nodoka to say "Yes, master" a few times, so they changed mako's family's store from a mahjong parlor where the staff dressed as maids to a full-blown maid cafe.

Hisa therefore has to add an extra line when she flashes back saying "Oh, but before mako's place was a maid cafe is was actually a mahjong parlor" wasting an entire line on that retcon.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 15:30   Link #1066
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
when you put it that way it almost sounds as if its not really important :P

anyway good episode, i can't wait for next week to see the captain annihilate everyone
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 15:48   Link #1067
Peanutbutter

How about having a Saki sub-forum and having its mahjong thread with it? There's still quite a number of episodes to go and I think there's a healthy response to the series thus far.

It's all up to the staff though.

Spoiler for Ep 10:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 16:05   Link #1068
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

There are other mahjong anime aside from Saki, so having a topic in the subforum wouldn't be appropriate.

I went ahead and made a topic in Games, and I've added some things and will add more, but I'm a bit pressed for time right now. Feel free to ask questions as those are less labour intensive than writing up a full blown beginner's guide to Japanese mahjong.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 16:12   Link #1069
ThoHell

Spoiler for ep10:
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 20:16   Link #1070
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Damn...must be pretty DAMN good for Mihoko to be THAT afraid of her. That last line was SERIOUS BUSINESS: "Please, don't attack her head on!". Man...even I'm getting into Mahjong now. DAMN YOU SAKI, one more thing to keep me from my studies.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 20:26   Link #1071
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Also, I think having a Mahjong thread in the Games forum would be much preferable outcome than the Saki thread becoming a Mahjong thread.
I don't see much problem really. When people watching Hikaru no Go they gona start discussing about Go. Since this show is centered around mahjong, everyone who are watching the show at one point or another will discuss about the mahjong part. It's basically the range of discussion this series has provide and a form of apreciation to the show also. I'm really sorry if it's too loud. ~_~
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 20:34   Link #1072
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
I don't see much problem really. When people watching Hikaru no Go they gona start discussing about Go. Since this show is centered around mahjong, everyone who are watching the show at one point or another will discuss about the mahjong part. It's basically the range of discussion this series has provide and a form of apreciation to the show also. I'm really sorry if it's too loud. ~_~
Of course, some discussion is fine and even on-topic. But keep in mind, for general questions like how-to-play, or specifics of the rules, and so on, you can't expect people to read through 50+ pages of the Saki thread to find that one time way back when someone mentioned some specific explanation. People will have different questions at different times, and the same questions will repeat themselves. (Some on-going discussion could even occur after the series is over.) So it's actually more convenient for general purpose questions to be organized in their own thread so they're easier to find. Of course, questions specific to things that happen in the anime itself belong here. I hope that clarifies the distinction.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 22:58   Link #1073
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Spoiler:

Old 2009-06-07, 23:20   Link #1074
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Of course, some discussion is fine and even on-topic. But keep in mind, for general questions like how-to-play, or specifics of the rules, and so on, you can't expect people to read through 50+ pages of the Saki thread to find that one time way back when someone mentioned some specific explanation. People will have different questions at different times, and the same questions will repeat themselves. (Some on-going discussion could even occur after the series is over.) So it's actually more convenient for general purpose questions to be organized in their own thread so they're easier to find. Of course, questions specific to things that happen in the anime itself belong here. I hope that clarifies the distinction.
Thanks that clears up alot, RelentlessFlame. I myself never played the game before watching this show. So alots what going on in the anime were quite confusing for me. I'm really grateful there are some really nice people here help explain the terms and game rules. Thus making the show alot more enjoyable. ^_^
Old 2009-06-07, 23:34   Link #1075
Peanutbutter

Mahjong is one game that you really have to be hands-on to know how to play the game.

The more it is explained, the more confusing it will get.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 08:08   Link #1076
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Its a shame that they didnt show Tomoki playing t_t But we got super-cute KoromoxPenguin, some funny scenes between her and Fujita Pro, some yuri between SakixNodoka and ED2 (!) so Im fine <3 Though removing the skirts was wtf.

But Kaori sure is cute <3 Blasting off everyone with a yakuman first round lol. I wished for a meganekko round last episode and I really got it \o/

edit: We also get more-or-less the reason for Hajimes chains (Hajime <3) so this episode was pretty cool.

Also Tsuruga should be aiming for Kazekoshi, judging from the last scene this is probably the worst thing she could do. You know youre going down when youre facing twintails as your opponent (lol) Episode 11 will be epic, I can feel it.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2009-06-08 at 08:24.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 08:10   Link #1077
scr
my sides are in orbit

Spoiler for saki eps. 10::

Is it just me, or is Koromo inhumanly white? Is she just pale-skinned, or is she really the white rabbit of Inaba?

Spoiler for uh, oh.:
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.

Last edited by scr; 2009-06-08 at 08:13. Reason: a little bit of formatting and addendum
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 09:08   Link #1078
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Mahjong is one game that you really have to be hands-on to know how to play the game.

The more it is explained, the more confusing it will get.
Yes, I couldn't agree more. ^_^ Just reading this thread, I got to admit I didn't get it at all. Until I actually tried the game, then it makes perfect sense. Having played the game also make me view this series in different light. Like in the beginning she was doing 'plus minus zero' I got the hint that was something cool she did. But after I played the game, I realized that is something really incredible to be able to stay plus minus zero. Even a veteran will have problem to pull that off. What a strange girl she is. >_<
Old 2009-06-08, 09:08   Link #1079
Taken

hmm why do they take off their skirts when they ermm take a nap?? lolz
Taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 09:18   Link #1080
Farplaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taken View Post
hmm why do they take off their skirts when they ermm take a nap?? lolz
And Nodoka still doesn't look like she's wearing any panties...
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen