AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-07, 19:20   Link #301
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I think it's fair to say that the ending was a way of showing the "collective consequence" of each character's "sins." kotonoha's "lust" for makoto, sekai's lies upon lies, makoto's greed. Each of them paid for what they did, so to speak? Should that have happened to them? No, they didn't deserve what happened to them so to speak, but they did what they did without giving a damn about the consequences, not thinking of anything but what THEY wanted, and they paid for that.
Old 2009-09-07, 20:57   Link #302
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Honest question: what were Sekai's lies upon lies, again?

Old 2009-09-07, 22:59   Link #303
coderlan
Student

in Makoto? Anyway, IMO Makoto does deserve to die, because of his absurd qualities.
Old 2009-09-08, 00:22   Link #304
fukarming

I would like to modify the question a little bit:

If you don't think Makoto deserve to die, is there anyone in anime that you think they deserve to die?

After all, it is a moot point if you think "everyone deserve a 2nd chance so no one deserve to die"

Villians in anime nowadays tend to have good reasons to back up their evil act. Some may be pure psychos but we shouldn't kill those suffering mental dieases, right?

I would say that I don't think Makoto deserve to die, but he deserve to be castrated.
Old 2009-09-10, 21:02   Link #305
asena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
I would say that I don't think Makoto deserve to die, but he deserve to be castrated.
Agreed

I was actually enjoying it when everyone was ignoring that pig until Kotonoha showed up and ruined it
Old 2009-09-11, 20:21   Link #306
Naximillion
94 Animes Watched

Send a message via AIM to Naximillion Send a message via MSN to Naximillion
I dunno even though he did all those horrible things he finally came to his senses after seeing Kotonoha. I would have liked to see how they continued on but he died lol
It was pretty sad when I saw him die but then seeing Kotonoha go crazy again hugging his head ROFL funny and nasty.
But then again thats how far someone would go if they love you way too much friggin much.
Old 2009-09-11, 20:43   Link #307
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naximillion View Post
I dunno even though he did all those horrible things he finally came to his senses after seeing Kotonoha.
How exactly did Makoto come to his senses? I mean, every girl he knew began to ignore him and he didn't want to face the responsibility of raising a child, so he conveniently ran into the one person that could give him what he wanted. In the end, the kid still didn't "come to his senses" from what I could tell.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-09-12, 02:39   Link #308
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think he may came to his senses when sekai stabbed him. He seemed to wanted to apologise or something like that. But oh well...far too late Makoto.
And when he met with Kotonoha at least he started to take responsibility even if he still was dumb tothe ground.
I think he never imagined his deeds can hurt people that much.
Old 2009-09-12, 15:19   Link #309
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
I think he may came to his senses when sekai stabbed him. He seemed to wanted to apologise or something like that. But oh well...far too late Makoto.
And when he met with Kotonoha at least he started to take responsibility even if he still was dumb tothe ground.
I think he never imagined his deeds can hurt people that much.
Please tell me how Makoto took even the least bit of responsibility with Kotonoha. Obviously it frightened him to see her in the state she was in but if you closely look at his situation, isn't it just far too convenient that after every girl he knew began to ignore him, he all of a sudden decides that he did Kotonoha wrong, that he should have been more responsible about their relationship, I see it as his way to escape from his real responsibilities. To me, it just looks like a weak attempt to disguise his selfish desires.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-09-12, 16:24   Link #310
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, you'Re right. He would ditch her as soon as he have an opportunity to. But maybe not. Well, even if he tries to be more responsible he would probably fail.
But when sekai stabbed her he condemed himself or something like that. That's why he said "thank godess" or "Sekai".
Either of them shows regret. While the former more of a relief he's paid for his deeds the later is even could be a strange kind of confession.
But well...you're right. He wasn't a responsible person.
But I think he decided to take responsibility or at least clear things. Even if he did a bad job.(because he really can't)
(well, notonly his fault. Kotonoha took every way possible to torment sekai and brag about her newly reformed relationship with makoto)
Old 2009-09-15, 08:25   Link #311
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Death made things better for Makoto. IMHO, Sekai should have made Makoto's life a living hell because of what he had done to the point that he was begging her to end her life. And it's better that she didn't fulfill his request. And I think if Makoto deserves to die, then Kotonoha and Sekai should have died along with him too.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2009-09-15, 08:39   Link #312
Cipher

nobody deserves to die...not even a horny cartoon character or hitler....now punishment is a different matter.
Old 2009-09-15, 08:50   Link #313
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, at ep 12 the main characters needed:
Kotonoha: a good psychiatrist.
Sekai: a father for her baby. OR Setsuna(Aka a good friend to support her)
Makoto: Someone slapping him to his senses.

But it never hapened and things are really going wrongly. He was pretty mean to both and he did the bad moves even in the end. So he's been killed.
He didn't deserve it, but he had brought it on himself.
And yes for him dying was a shortcut to run away from his responsibilities. Learning to stop himself, taking care of Sekai's baby or really doing something for her(giving a number for a doctor is kind of cold), etc...

Anyways, he pretty much messed up the things then so it needed a miracle for him to change and another to have a happy ending(neither did happen).
Old 2009-09-15, 23:46   Link #314
asena

Now that I think about it, I'd blame their parents for being absent
Old 2009-10-09, 05:45   Link #315
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by asena View Post
Now that I think about it, I'd blame their parents for being absent
Lots of people do not have their parents around and they grow up just fine.

Many of you said that Makoto repent at the end thus he is not as bad as people make him. I disagree as Makoto only repent when he sees death. Lots of murderer/ rapiest...etc.. ie people alot more evil than Makoto repent just when they are about to die. That didn't make their acts less evil or forgivable. If you want forgiveness, you should try to repent when you are still very much alive.
Old 2009-10-12, 19:45   Link #316
TheWin

I don't like him and am a happy he died. He is a crazed *cough* guy that chased anything in a skirt. He tramatized and cheated on those two girls. He was innocent in the beginning, but ended up becoming tarnished.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:34   Link #317
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

No, he didn't deserve to die. IMO the only ones that deserve to die are the ones who sexually abuse children, period.

I would have liked if they choose a game ending for it.

Spoiler:

There's also an ending where Sekai kills Makoto in the game, however it's entirely different. She kills him at the beach because she was pregnant and he choose Kotonoha. However, Kotonoha is also pregnant and talked to Makoto about having a baby before. In the end it's revealed that Sekai gave birth and ran away from home, Hikari got pregnant by Taisuke as well, and Kotonoha's child is not Makoto's but Taisuke's.
Old 2009-10-17, 20:25   Link #318
MiniLisa

Makato, for my part is a jerk! yes he's a kid but having sex wit almost every girl in the school! dont u find that is over doing it? an that girl he met he liked from the train, i dont get her wrong for killin the girl at the ending cuz she all deserved it.... but wow talk bout obssessed... lol
did u see wat happened at d very endin?? i was like wth...... well gud ting it's just an anime lolz
Old 2009-10-18, 01:07   Link #319
icab
Moe Moe Kyun~

If i were him i would have just stayed single.
Hes a Straight player. haha
He doesn't need/deserve a girlfriend.
Old 2009-10-31, 19:21   Link #320
Arina-desu
Alena-chan :)

Personally, I think he deseved it :/
I had a good laugh in the last episode xD

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/clubs/1/6938.jpg
Classic.
Closed Thread