AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-19, 23:17   Link #1
Suzumebachi

Send a message via AIM to Suzumebachi Send a message via MSN to Suzumebachi Send a message via Yahoo to Suzumebachi
Shunsui and Ukitake's shikai

I just have a question about them. Sure they've got to be special since they use two zanpaku-to's, but what do they actually do?!?
Old 2005-12-19, 23:23   Link #2
Yachiru
fukataichou

No one knows. Kubo never showed anything about them except that they have poetic verses to 'open' the shikai.
Old 2005-12-19, 23:34   Link #3
carb

judging from their descriptions, i would think they are at par with yamamoto and aizen (before he used hougyoku) IF they both work together.
Old 2005-12-20, 01:04   Link #4
KiraDouji

I'd have to go with the "we just don't know" crowd, but I will say that if you take their sword's shapes and natural personalities into account along with the incantations you can come up with some possible vague ideas.

Kyouraku: More of a "get it done only when it needs to be done" and "with as little effort as possible" type of guy. His swords are offensively designed to do a lot of damage at once no matter which side of them is used. His incantation is all about flowers and earthy type things.

Idea: A largely offensive earth based shikai/attack/etc...

Ukitake: Does what he has to do, but also backs off a lot or is forced to do so because of his disease. His swords are based of jitte, which traditionally were used defensively against swords (they weren't actually bladed weapons) to trap and/or break the blades without causing a great deal of damage. His release incantation calls on water, but also lightening.

Idea: I would say he has mainly a water based, defensive zanpakutou considering not only his need to be able to fall back to defense at any point in the battle, but also to balance Kyouraku's zanpakutou, as the two seem to work in tandem. Although, I would not rule out there being an offensive side and would in fact bet on it being electric in nature, I don't think it would be nearly as damaging as Kyouraku's.

- Kira
Old 2005-12-20, 01:40   Link #5
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Speaking of which, if anybody deserved the Sanbon Zakura attack, it was Shunsui. It would have matched his flower motif perfectly. Oh well..
Old 2005-12-20, 10:19   Link #6
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraDouji
I'd have to go with the "we just don't know" crowd, but I will say that if you take their sword's shapes and natural personalities into account along with the incantations you can come up with some possible vague ideas.

Kyouraku: More of a "get it done only when it needs to be done" and "with as little effort as possible" type of guy. His swords are offensively designed to do a lot of damage at once no matter which side of them is used. His incantation is all about flowers and earthy type things.

Idea: A largely offensive earth based shikai/attack/etc...

Ukitake: Does what he has to do, but also backs off a lot or is forced to do so because of his disease. His swords are based of jitte, which traditionally were used defensively against swords (they weren't actually bladed weapons) to trap and/or break the blades without causing a great deal of damage. His release incantation calls on water, but also lightening.

Idea: I would say he has mainly a water based, defensive zanpakutou considering not only his need to be able to fall back to defense at any point in the battle, but also to balance Kyouraku's zanpakutou, as the two seem to work in tandem. Although, I would not rule out there being an offensive side and would in fact bet on it being electric in nature, I don't think it would be nearly as damaging as Kyouraku's.

- Kira

hmm interesting idea. perhaps when they combine one of them ges nto complete atk while the other into an ultimate defence
Old 2005-12-20, 10:25   Link #7
ichigo fans
Code Geass Lover

only two of them use two swords..
Old 2005-12-23, 09:32   Link #8
D-Technolife
-=Gwapohon=-

they're the coolest for me!!!! two best friends... with the only two twin blades in ss!!... really cool ... especially shunsui!! yeah!!!
Old 2005-12-23, 09:53   Link #9
real folk blues..

@D-technolife- what kind of medication are you on? kidding kidding :lol:
from the little that we do know of their zanpuktoh.. i think katen kyokotsu would be an absolute brute.. and sougyo no katowari.. looks like the kind of sword you can make calligraphy with
Old 2005-12-25, 21:58   Link #10
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

http://bleach.sega.jp/gc/chara_main_ukitake.html
and
http://bleach.sega.jp/gc/chara_main_shunsui.html

From the Gamecube game, looks like a hint to what they do to me.

Last edited by Illuyankas; 2005-12-26 at 11:33.
Old 2005-12-26, 09:27   Link #11
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I have the game and its pretty obvious Ukitake has a Electric type Zanpakutou, Shunsui's is wierd though...
Old 2005-12-26, 23:17   Link #12
FlyByNite

Shunsui's looks like some kinda flaming rose petal thing... Ukitake looks like the guy in the Naruto filler who carried around that kid on his back. He used two swords and had lightning. hell I thought he was put in Naruto by mistake and was supposed to be in Bleach.
Closed Thread