AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-05, 01:47   Link #1681
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
The last volume comes out June 7th. The last episode of the TV Anime should be at the end of June I believe. I'm not sure when the last 3 episodes of the OVA will air/be released, but supposedly it should be some time soon after the TV Broadcast finishes.
They're releasing the OVA episodes with the volumes of the series' BD/DVD release just like they did with the first season.

But if the release of the last novel is really being timed with the release of the final TV episode, then I'd think that means the OVA ending will be different from the novel and TV series' ending. Otherwise what would be the point of timing the novel volume release with the ending it doesn't even match?
Old 2013-05-05, 03:01   Link #1682
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
They're releasing the OVA episodes with the volumes of the series' BD/DVD release just like they did with the first season.

But if the release of the last novel is really being timed with the release of the final TV episode, then I'd think that means the OVA ending will be different from the novel and TV series' ending. Otherwise what would be the point of timing the novel volume release with the ending it doesn't even match?
Well, as with before, the episodes will be broadcast online before the release of the BDs/DVDs, and we don't know exactly how quickly that will be. That said, I think the insinuation so far has been that the OVAs will actually conclude the story. I don't think it will be an alternate ending. I think the timing is such that people will still want to buy the book first, and then see it animated soon thereafter.
Old 2013-05-05, 06:56   Link #1683
kentasaiba

Say, why wasn't the Ayase-handcuffs scene not in ep 5? °_°
kentasaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 07:17   Link #1684
jasonhan416

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentasaiba View Post
say, why wasn't the ayase-handcuffs scene not in ep 5? °_°
thats what i was hoping for.
Holy crap......
Sigh....
They are skipping a lot of ayase scenes here..
Volume 6
and volume 7
wtf?
Watch they gonna skip volume 8 ones too
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:01   Link #1685
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
They skipped volume 7 chapter 2!!!
My ayase. My angel wtf man?
Your angel called someone to her room, handcuffed him, threathen to destroy his public image and somehow got a copy of a picture that he clearly hide.
Your defination of 'angel' is quite mess up >.<
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 11:45   Link #1686
Solafighter
Hige

^It is all a matter of point of view.
Old 2013-05-05, 17:07   Link #1687
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
They are skipping a lot of ayase scenes here..
From an anime perspective, they just had a full Ayase-centric episode very recently. I suspect that placing that there was partly because they'd have to skip some Ayase scenes (among others) later on. Keep in mind that episodes are only 24 minutes in length and the goal is to arrange things to that each episode stands on its own and ends at logical points (usually either some sort of cliffhanger or clean resolution), so creating a full episode with a contained story is easier than trying to fit scenes in later episodes where the 24-minutes won't let it fit. There wasn't really a good way to insert that Ayase scene (among the others they skipped) and still end the episode on the nice cliffhanger of discovering the boyfriend (which connects back to the first half of the episode). Even stretching it the whole thing out into two episodes breaks the symmetry between the A Part and the B Part, so even if they had more time, it may not make sense anyway.

In the end, they will certainly cut things to fit all the remaining content into the time allotted. From this point forward, I suspect they're mostly going to concentrate on the central plot.
Old 2013-05-05, 17:20   Link #1688
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
From an anime perspective, they just had a full Ayase-centric episode very recently. I suspect that placing that there was partly because they'd have to skip some Ayase scenes (among others) later on. Keep in mind that episodes are only 24 minutes in length and the goal is to arrange things to that each episode stands on its own and ends at logical points (usually either some sort of cliffhanger or clean resolution), so creating a full episode with a contained story is easier than trying to fit scenes in later episodes where the 24-minutes won't let it fit. There wasn't really a good way to insert that Ayase scene (among the others they skipped) and still end the episode on the nice cliffhanger of discovering the boyfriend (which connects back to the first half of the episode).
Well,you are right.But its still sad,because they skipped scenes/story parts that in my opinion are important for the development of the indivdual Characters.Especially Ayase and Manami haven't much development in the Anime so far.
Densetsuhakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 17:35   Link #1689
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Well,you are right.But its still sad,because they skipped scenes/story parts that in my opinion are important for the development of the indivdual Characters.Especially Ayase and Manami haven't much development in the Anime so far.
Well, they'll have their scenes... but to be truthful, I'm not sure that this particular Ayase scene really tells us much about her that we didn't already know (or wasn't essentially shown a few episodes ago). I suppose every scene develops the character a little, but in terms of focusing on "the essentials", both Ayase and Manami will have scenes to come (as you no doubt know).

In the end, the anime won't be as comprehensive as the novels; that much is inevitable pretty much no matter what.
Old 2013-05-05, 18:01   Link #1690
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Well, they'll have their scenes... but to be truthful, I'm not sure that this particular Ayase scene really tells us much about her that we didn't already know (or wasn't essentially shown a few episodes ago). I suppose every scene develops the character a little, but in terms of focusing on "the essentials", both Ayase and Manami will have scenes to come (as you no doubt know).

In the end, the anime won't be as comprehensive as the novels; that much is inevitable pretty much no matter what.
Yeah,it wasn't really anything new about Ayase but I think it was still important,because even if Ayase herself isn't developing in this particular scene ,the relationship between Kyousuke and Ayase is developing further.They could have skipped the second Episode (because its not really Novel canon) and make this scene instead.But this is just my opinion.
Old 2013-05-05, 18:13   Link #1691
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
They could have skipped the second Episode (because its not really Novel canon) and make this scene instead.But this is just my opinion.
Well, it was written by the original author.

But that aside, it's a lot easier to budget an episode than to insert scenes here and there because they only have 24 minutes in each episode. So that's the real problem. If they could just stretch out each episode as long as they want and squeeze more things into it, then it might work. But 24-minute blocks, split into two halves that end on some sort of conclusion or cliffhanger... it's not an easy thing.
Old 2013-05-05, 18:22   Link #1692
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Well, it was written by the original author.

But that aside, it's a lot easier to budget an episode than to insert scenes here and there because they only have 24 minutes in each episode. So that's the real problem. If they could just stretch out each episode as long as they want and squeeze more things into it, then it might work. But 24-minute blocks, split into two halves that end on some sort of conclusion or cliffhanger... it's not an easy thing.
Sure it is not easy.Anyone who thinks that it is an easy job is kinda stupid...
But it would be way more enjoyable if they would have more than 24 minutes for each episode.Well,it isn't a thing that someone can change.We have to live with it.Anime is a different source than a Novel.And anyone who says that the Oreimo Anime isn't still enjoyable like it is now...well that person would just be a nitpicker.^^
Old 2013-05-05, 19:09   Link #1693
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Also, animated adaptations sometimes *re-arrange* material. You may get your 'handcuff' scene later in the series.
Old 2013-05-05, 22:56   Link #1694
jasonhan416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Also, animated adaptations sometimes *re-arrange* material. You may get your 'handcuff' scene later in the series.
erm they better because in one of the Openings, they showed kyosuke getting handcuffed lol
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 00:59   Link #1695
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
erm they better because in one of the Openings, they showed kyosuke getting handcuffed lol
Well, it could also just be a tease. They said that things that couldn't be fit in the anime itself due to time constraints could be included on Drama CDs, so that is another option. Anyway, time will tell.
Old 2013-05-06, 04:31   Link #1696
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Your angel called someone to her room, handcuffed him, threathen to destroy his public image and somehow got a copy of a picture that he clearly hide.
Your defination of 'angel' is quite mess up >.<
Eh, it's Kyousuke the one who call Ayase 'angel' (or to be precise, "lovely my angel") in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah, I get the feeling the Ayase chapter from vol 7, or at least the important dialogue/scene, will be combined with when Ayase calls Kyousuke the second time, when he's dating Ruri.

But of course, it's if that part isn't omitted as well
Old 2013-05-06, 10:56   Link #1697
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Eh, it's Kyousuke the one who call Ayase 'angel' (or to be precise, "lovely my angel") in the first place
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreImo Vol 10 Chap 4

“So how did it end between you and Sayaka?”

“I buried her body at the mountain.”
<=== What an angel
Old 2013-05-06, 21:31   Link #1698
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
<=== What an angel
Eh, you missed my point. You can go on and on but doesn't matter how hard you try to belittle/make her look bad with her bad traits, the official still markets her as 'angel' (as well as yandere character, of course). You know what one of her nick on Ore no Imouto Maker EX mini game? "Angel". Even GSC staff also used the nickname when she promoted Nendoroid Ayase.

I can't speak for the other, but for me when I refer her as angel, I just simply mimicking what Kyousuke call her. It's not that wicked when character A gives nickname for character B (and on this case several times) making fans start to call the character B with the said nickname. Another example that quickly come to mind is Haganai's Sena "meat"/"niku" nickname. On Sena case it starts as an insult though
Old 2013-05-06, 22:11   Link #1699
Sumeragi
Banned

You're just nitpicking at this point, GVN.Chaos. My Little Angel is an in-universe nickname, and as such regardless of what you think of her, such a nickname is valid.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 22:31   Link #1700
GVN.Chaos

It was a joke ~.~ though. I got your point, I just pretent to not see it ~.~

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings