AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-12-08, 21:22   Link #38581
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

This scene gave me some ideas for Athena:
AI

...and a way to make Inami being the primary choice of the Minerva Project not a coincidence, it has been planned all along since the IS' debut.
Old 2012-12-08, 21:28   Link #38582
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What are the chances that a kid born from a one night strand and his single parent mother who is the town bike can live happily as a family?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 21:58   Link #38583
DarkJak2050

If that's about the Motorcycles posts in this thread, then I asked because I was thinking of having my guys use motorcycles for their personal transportation. Sport-Touring motorcycles preferably.

I want to make sure if they fall under the requirements to legally own and ride a motorcycle in Japan...

And they do happen to meet the requirments.

NOTE:
This was a reply to the post quoting the thread rules (before it was taken down)

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2012-12-08 at 22:44.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 23:16   Link #38584
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
What are the chances that a kid born from a one night strand and his single parent mother who is the town bike can live happily as a family?
Depends, if such thing happens a lot in the story, then why not. (= everyone x everyone)

Otherwise, milk the hell out of angst and drama as much as you can. (No, I'm not joking)
Old 2012-12-08, 23:55   Link #38585
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm thanks.

Now I need a weapon's suggestion. Give a weapon thats not directly lethal. Other than tasers and airsofts.
Old 2012-12-08, 23:59   Link #38586
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Rubber baton, depend on how you use it.

But it's illegal in UK
--------------------------------------
Anyway, I need help with the new bunny for the crack fic. Can you remind me of Ryutarou's multiple personalities in order and color? I'd like to do the same thing with Ichika....'s clones.
Old 2012-12-09, 00:16   Link #38587
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Momotaros - violent thug. Red.

Urataros - womanizer. Liar. Blue. Sleazy.

Kintaros - samurai. Narcoleptic. Bonehead. Yellow.

Ryutaros - childlike. Whimsical spoiled. Airhead adhd. Violet.

Sieg - noble bonehead. White.

The rubber baton could work... Any other suggestions are still welcome.
Old 2012-12-09, 00:25   Link #38588
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Momotaros - violent thug. Red.

Urataros - womanizer. Liar. Blue. Sleazy.

Kintaros - samurai. Narcoleptic. Bonehead. Yellow.

Ryutaros - childlike. Whimsical spoiled. Airhead adhd. Violet.

Sieg - noble bonehead. White.

- "How about some Deneb Candy, to brighten your day?"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 00:35   Link #38589
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Ichika (Original) - Normal but dense. Scariest when serious. Black.
Interest: Houki (maybe)

Ni-sama - Hotheaded delinquent. Red.
Interest: Lingyin (Slap slap kiss) Madoka (masochism tango)

San-dono - Manipulative kid anova, tallest. Blue.
Interest: Cecilia (the money... at first), Tatenashi (flirting game), Autumn, Squall (for the Lulz)

Yon-san - Polite old school civalry. Yellow.
Interest: Charl (Empathy... at first)

Go-chan - Hyperactive, chaste Keet. Shortest. Violet.
Interest: Laura, Kanzashi (VERY insecure about his height)
Roughly like this...

Quote:
Pepper spray
Old 2012-12-09, 01:42   Link #38590
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sounds hilarious. Haha approval ratings are up.

Pepper spray in the midst of battle... Kinda like a flamethrower?
Old 2012-12-09, 01:58   Link #38591
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Of course, it then boils down to some marty stuish OC beating up the girls in combat and win their hearts... not exactly what I had in mind.

I really need to revamp the scenario much, much farther than canon that what I did before. it does help that this is total crack and doesn't even pretend to be serious like the novel. (Ichika and Chifuyu's mostly lighthearted response to him being cloned, for starter)

For the pepper spray, most soldiers are actually trained to resist it's effect (tear gas too), so nope.
Old 2012-12-09, 02:10   Link #38592
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Of course, it then boils down to some marty stuish OC beating up the girls in combat and win their hearts... not exactly what I had in mind.

I really need to revamp the scenario much, much farther than canon that what I did before. it does help that this is total crack and doesn't even pretend to be serious like the novel. (Ichika and Chifuyu's mostly lighthearted response to him being cloned, for starter)

For the pepper spray, most soldiers are actually trained to resist it's effect (tear gas too), so nope.
Well that's just great...

Another problem for chapter 9. Then there's this...

"So that sums up everything up to this latest chapter.

To quote a certain famous ace pilot of WWII, "The pilot with the most experience will whip your a** no matter what you're flying!"

If the ex-Alpha Squad guys and Ichika's group will fight, I'll place my bet on Alpha Squad given the quote above. They might be outnumbered (4 vs 6) but their experience as bloodied soldiers who already killed somebody before puts them on an advantage. As for Ichika and his harem, none of them received a taste of real battle (I don't know for Laura but I bet she hasn't killed anyone yet) on the war zone which puts them on the disadvantageous side (Seriously, the only reason why Ichika and the girls are capable of defeating enemy IS units like the unmanned IS is due to their high-tech IS units. Without them, the unmanned IS have probably roasted their rear ends by now). Besides, the Silverbacks have a potent IS weapon that will HURT A LOT for the IS. Over all, the hypothetical battle between Thunder Crash and Ichika's group is like a battle between a group of Special Forces operatives against a group of militia.

Hmm... Now that I thought about it, I bet the world's gonna experience something like a Cold War if word gets out that the Silverbacks are also flawed with the same limitation like the IS although its the opposite one. Tezla's going to get a lot of funding from various groups who resent the IS if this becomes public knowledge. I also wonder how Tabane is going to react to this.

I also noticed that Thunder Crash seem to resemble the Razgriz Squadron from Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War for the following reasons. One, there's four of them. Two, they're awesome soldiers. Three, they lost a comrade (Phantom Pain's a real b*tch group). And four, they share a tight-knit brotherhood bond.

This story deserves to be followed. Hope you update soon."

That's the latest review I got on Fanfic.net. The bolded part is something that I overlooked, unfortunately...
Old 2012-12-09, 02:11   Link #38593
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I said resist, not immune.

99% of soldier are human, the 1% is fictional.
Old 2012-12-09, 02:14   Link #38594
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I said resist, not immune.

99% of soldier are human, the 1% is fictional.
I mean, Original Characters fighting and beating the canon characters...
Old 2012-12-09, 02:18   Link #38595
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't say it's bad, it's just that a lot of them done it BADLY.

Your OCs are beaten the crap out first time they use the shiny-all-new-suit, by a mysterious figure (I presume you use a canon character but I'm not certain who), and it takes time for them to adapt and fight back... Stratos's OC are fifty fifty, and perfectly justified, he doesn't even FIGHT the heroes. And Eras' OC... well...

In contrast, many of other fic had the guy in question beat Cecilia and/or Ling and done with it, flawlessly, fabulously, stuishly. This is what caused this fandom's downfall, as Eras complained. I don't want to repeat this mistake because I'm not confident enough.
Old 2012-12-09, 02:25   Link #38596
DarkJak2050

I also have another issue that I overlooked. Take a look at my post before the last one.
Old 2012-12-09, 02:29   Link #38597
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Dang. This is one heck of a conundrum.

When I was writing Houki's OC antithesis, all I thought was that Houki should have more finesse. The OC reflects someone who is like her, a kendo practitioner only the polar opposite as someone who isn't ruled by the urge to hurt others.

Cecilia's bodyguard OC felt more balanced as I wrote him. Mostly because his role wasn't about putting Cecilia in her place. He was supposed to be Cecilia's foil. While Cecilia does have the IS, Alfred is a far better hand to hand combatant. While Cecilia acted like a princess in her own little world, all Alfred did was put up with her and nudge her in the right direction. At least that was the theory.
Old 2012-12-09, 02:31   Link #38598
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Jak
Indeed, that issue is a good plot material. In fact, many, if not all 'rival machine' plot has that as final goal, either to push I.S. back evenly or flatly destroy the system to the roots. I myself will eventually use this in both ST and TLR X-over.

As for how Tabane react, it's up to you to decide. But since you want to keep the status quo, I think your OC will not accomplish their main goal, but instead a quest that affect their life more than it affect the rest of the world. (a bittersweet ending, If I may)

@ Demi
Exactly why I had to whine since yesterday
Old 2012-12-09, 03:23   Link #38599
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Cuz your vision always involves them curbstomping the girls?
Old 2012-12-09, 03:33   Link #38600
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No

The British prince supposed to be the sidekick, but every time I panned out a scenario, he take too much spotlight for my conscience's comfort.

However, the multi-clone scenario is even less hopeful, I'm going to cage that bunny for now.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest