AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-10-19, 23:11   Link #501
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Broncos' defense is the real deal. And Orton is better than expected too, though to be honest, he has much much better recievers in Denver than he did in Chicago.

Just cuz it's funny to me.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 23:33   Link #502
solomon

Nice defense, ugly costumes...flipped in and out between Phils taking win over the Dodgers
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 23:41   Link #503
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

now denver is 6-0 on with a 34-23 on chargers.

look like early favorites are now

colts 5-0
broncos 6-0
vikings 6-0
saints 5-0
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 18:07   Link #504
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

#1 Alabama survives against Tennessee after they block the game winning FG attempt. I was hoping Tennessee would win, but anything to keep Texas out the BCS championship slot won't make me too angry.
Old 2009-10-27, 09:01   Link #505
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I actually went to that bama game Dilla because my cuz plays for Bama (#23)…It was a great experience to say the least…We JUST escaped with that one…The only sour part is the speeding ticket I got in Mississippi coming back to New Orleans…Wish I could have escaped that…Speaking of escapes….

Almost forgot to scream to the rafters on my Saints super-sensational comeback win @ Miami Sunday…One of the greatest victories in Saints’ history…We’ve won every style of game and showed our true-grit….It’s still early, but we’re the best right now!! Ha, I love it!
Old 2009-10-28, 00:24   Link #506
monir
cho~ kakkoii

They are, right now, the team in NFL. I don't see who can stop them. Looking at Saint's remaining schedule, the only team that might give them trouble is the Patriots. They play Atlanta twice. They are also playing the Cowboys. Rest of the remaining team are far below .500 in winning percentile wise. Atlanta might pull up an upset but considering how the Saints are in sync behind Drew Brees, I'll be shocked if any upset is pulled. This team is poised for perfect season!

Then again, NFL is anything but predictable.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 01:54   Link #507
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Saints will not go undefeated. If the 2007 patriots didn't, the saints certainly won't. The Eagles on a good day will stuff them. Of course on a bad day, the Eagles lose to a tomato can (WTF EAGLES! RAIDERS?! REALLY?!!!!)...

What's interesting is that the NFC east is all tied up now, except for the redskins, who just plain suck.

But so long as that Eagles D keeps on hitting that blitz...
Old 2009-10-28, 10:15   Link #508
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Saints will not go undefeated. If the 2007 patriots didn't, the saints certainly won't. The Eagles on a good day will stuff them. Of course on a bad day, the Eagles lose to a tomato can (WTF EAGLES! RAIDERS?! REALLY?!!!!)...

What's interesting is that the NFC east is all tied up now, except for the redskins, who just plain suck.

But so long as that Eagles D keeps on hitting that blitz...
Hopefully with the Giants in a slump the Eagles can take out those Giants and claim first in the division.

P.S. Technically the Patriots did have an undefeated season (regular season anyways), and even with the super bowl loss they still won (if you count the playoiffs) more games than the undefeated Dolphins. As for the Saints going undefeated I don't see it happening.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 12:00   Link #509
Aershelelou
キラッ☆~

Just on my own note, as much as I love Philadelphia, I see no hope in the Eagles. My favorite team player is Westbrook... and it just doesn't look good for him. I really dislike McNabb because I feel like he is totally overrated and participated in a humiliating loss in the superbowl a few years ago. Vick... I just won't talk about him. Second chances? Yeah blah blah blah... but usually people who are sick are always sick. Just be glad he didn't go up the chain from small animals to humans XD

Nonetheless, go Philadelphia ^_^~
Aershelelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 16:57   Link #510
solomon

Philly being my second home is my backup sports market.

Consider yourself lucky that the Eagles are merely inconsistent. By comparison, my area team the Redskins have been consistently BAD!!
Old 2009-10-28, 18:17   Link #511
solomon

This summarizes the feelings of DC area football fans

http://i37.tinypic.com/23s9m3t.gif
Old 2009-10-28, 18:30   Link #512
Gin
*Artist

I'm looking forward to a Vikings vs Saints playoff game. The Saints and the Vikings are the top 2 teams Imo.
Old 2009-10-28, 19:23   Link #513
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aershelelou View Post
Just on my own note, as much as I love Philadelphia, I see no hope in the Eagles. My favorite team player is Westbrook... and it just doesn't look good for him. I really dislike McNabb because I feel like he is totally overrated and participated in a humiliating loss in the superbowl a few years ago. Vick... I just won't talk about him. Second chances? Yeah blah blah blah... but usually people who are sick are always sick. Just be glad he didn't go up the chain from small animals to humans XD

McNabb has always been my favorite QB (partially due to growing up watching him as an Eagles fan), but saying he is overrated I don't quite agree with. Maybe overrated a bit in the media, but not so much as an all around player. He has been quite an astonishing QB considering what he has had to play with. Eagles have been one of the most consistent winning teams under Andy Reid, and while their defense carried a good amount of the bulk through the seasons, McNabb (along with Westbrook) have been the only reason the offense does anything. McNabb has 200 TD passes, and is one of only 30 QB to have 30,000 passing yards and is one of only less than five QB whom have both those passing yards and 3,000+ rushing yards.

He also has less than 100 INT. Other QB who have 100 more TD than INT, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Steve Young. Now those six guys usually had great recievers on their teams. McNabb, for the most part, has made do with pretty much average talent. This is a guy who had back-to-back 3,000-yard seasons when his leading receivers were Chad Lewis and Charles Johnson the first year and James Thrash and Duce Staley the next. The season when they finally gave McNabb a receiver (Owens), he threw for 31 TD and 8 INT. That made McNabb the first QB in NFL history to throw for at least 30 TD and fewer than 10 INT in a season. It's been done only twice (by Brady and Manning) since then.

I think his major problem is that he is very lighthearted, even in big game situations. To sum it up, he sometimes isn't serious enough. Now injuries have defenitely been a bother to him the past few years and have made him less mobile (and less flexible a QB in the process) than his earlier years, yet he still plays pretty damn well at times.

Besides the media though I don't see many people praising the guy, so calling him overrated may be pushing it a little. Honestly sometimes I feel like the nicest Eagles fan alive. I'm pretty sure most people in Philly are okay with McNabb, but it seems more often I hear of all the hate towards him from Eagles fans.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2010-09-14 at 16:16.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 19:58   Link #514
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Well, Eagles' fans are notorious for booing Santa Claus around Christmas.
Old 2009-10-28, 20:57   Link #515
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
They are, right now, the team in NFL. I don't see who can stop them. Looking at Saint's remaining schedule, the only team that might give them trouble is the Patriots. They play Atlanta twice. They are also playing the Cowboys. Rest of the remaining team are far below .500 in winning percentile wise. Atlanta might pull up an upset but considering how the Saints are in sync behind Drew Brees, I'll be shocked if any upset is pulled. This team is poised for perfect season!

Then again, NFL is anything but predictable.
Honestly coming into the season our schedule looked tuff as hell..Nobody knew Tampa, Carolina, and Washington would suck this hard...I never thought we would sweep New York like we did (Buffalo, Jets, & Giants)...So the hardest part is over...I thought miami would get us just because it was a classic TRAPGAME, but the Saints insanley impressed me with winning that one...Drew Brees, in a game where he threw 3 INTs, played some of his greatest football ever...His leadership when we were down big is something we've never had here...When he got that QB sneak before half i knew win or lose, the mentality of this team was on another level...A level Saints fans have never seen...

So yeah I'm officially drinking the Koolaid, although I think we will go 14-2...We'll lose one to either ATL or Dallas (I think we're gonna bash the Pats and that pathetic secondary), and we'll lose to Carolina in week 16 because we'll be resting starters for the playoffs...Now I'm going to pick up an issue of Sports Illustrated with Reggie Bush on the cover...I have a feeling I'm gonna have a mag-cover collection this season^^...
Old 2009-10-28, 21:09   Link #516
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Nobody knew Tampa, Carolina, and Washington would suck this hard.
If you had visited the main Carolina Panthers' forum(Carolina Huddle) prior to the season, we knew that we would suck this hard. Members were calling this a failed season in the preseason.

The Carolina fanbase suffers from a major inferiority complex. And I know, because I'm one of them. In fact, this basically crosses over into other sports as well. Other than North Carolina college basketball and the Carolina Hurricanes, there always a sense of foreboding over our sports teams. It's ridiculous.

Edit: And this crap is why the fanbase is depressed: http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2009/1...zona/#more-892
Old 2009-10-28, 22:44   Link #517
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Still, I never thought the Panthers would erode this quickly...Seems like yesterday you guys were taking it to the GIANTS in that final regular season game last year...I've always had a special place in my football heart for Jake Dehlomme ever since he was with the Saints...Dude had one of the greatest post-season records and stats prior to falling off the planet against Arizona last year (Yall act like he been sucking for 5 years)...It's really sad to see him just lose all of his ability in the span of like 5 games....So yeah, i didn't see them stinking this bad (especially with that running game)...The aftermath of his Tommy-John surgery was the beginning of the end for Jake....
Old 2009-10-29, 02:15   Link #518
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aershelelou View Post

McNabb is hardly overrated. The problem is that he's always playing within an imperfect system, so the Eagles will always be a strong team, but at some point or another, will get unlucky.

I mean honestly, an O-line that allowed 6 sacks vs. THE RAIDERS FFS, Westbrook being made out of glass, and having no all-star receiver such as Moss or Ochocinco or Larry Fitzgerald or Plaxico (well, nobody has him now ). When we had TO, we went to the super bowl. Whether or not DeSean turns into our next TO has yet to be seen, but the guy is lacking about a foot in the height department >_<.
Old 2009-10-29, 02:30   Link #519
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
This summarizes the feelings of DC area football fans

http://i37.tinypic.com/23s9m3t.gif
LOL Clinton Portis is overated anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
If you had visited the main Carolina Panthers' forum(Carolina Huddle) prior to the season, we knew that we would suck this hard. Members were calling this a failed season in the preseason.

The Carolina fanbase suffers from a major inferiority complex. And I know, because I'm one of them. In fact, this basically crosses over into other sports as well. Other than North Carolina college basketball and the Carolina Hurricanes, there always a sense of foreboding over our sports teams. It's ridiculous.

Edit: And this crap is why the fanbase is depressed: http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2009/1...zona/#more-892
Well this is worse then it is but I'm feeling this were gonna lose to Julius Peppers for after the season when he's traded! But as Carolina fan, it never gotten this worse soon enough. Oh the Irony and Humanity!
Old 2009-10-29, 02:54   Link #520
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

To be honest, if Julius Peppers is tagged again and traded for a draft pick(s), I wouldn't be mad. He's playing well, but the entire front 7 is playing pretty decent as well. It'll depend if he changes his mind about playing here or not.

Tags
american football, sports