AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-05, 02:17   Link #1
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Koko no Iru Yo!

I noticed that theres no thread about this series, so I thought I make one.

Summary:

This is about an 8th grader (2nd year Junior High Student), who spent her entire life being ignored. She never stood out and nobody ever notices her existence. She fights her loneliness by communicating with 2 online friends through a weblog. She desperately wants to be noticed. But, just as she was about to give up, one of the two most popular boys in school confessed his love to her, claiming to have been so since Jr. High Started. How will she handle this new situation?

Well, I read the first 7 chapters. So far, I'm enjoying it. The female lead is super cute, although the series described her as plain. The art work is well done, and I can't wait for more chapters!
Old 2008-09-05, 03:59   Link #2
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Finally There is Thread for The manga
I really Like This manga a lot ...I Loved Chapter 7 ..
I Hope more chapter Come Soon
Old 2008-09-05, 04:18   Link #3
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i´ve waited like 2 months for new chapters it really pisses me off, although sumino is supercute and that almost makes up for it
Old 2008-09-05, 04:47   Link #4
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yeah the chapters are extremely irregular, though judging from the size of the chapters its most likely a monthly or bi-monthly release. Which really sucks, since this is a great series so far. I hope the popularity picks up, so far I'm loving the female lead, she's like the "I want to hug her tight and protect her from everything" type of charcter XD
Old 2008-09-05, 05:20   Link #5
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
so far I'm loving the female lead, she's like the "I want to hug her tight and protect her from everything" type of charcter XD
Yep...me too...She is too Cute
Old 2008-09-05, 05:29   Link #6
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Just read all scanlated chaptes and i gotta say this is a real gem. The pattern is nothing new (yes i'm quite familiar with shoujo manga, i admit ) but i really like the pace the story progresses with and how everything is woven together to create an authentic mood (needless to say it's already on my list). And yes of course the protagonist is way too cute even though described as plain, that's typical for shoujo manga as well, after all the target group are girls who probably have similar problems as the female leads in those series so from an educational point of view it's encouraging and beneficial for the reader. About the magazine this series is released in, Nakayoshi is a montly issue but that's not the reason for the irregular releases yet since (taken the info at baka) there're already 4 volumes in Japan so i'm glad chapter 7 didn't end in a big cliffhanger
Old 2008-09-05, 05:38   Link #7
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i´ve waited like 2 months for new chapters it really pisses me off, although sumino is supercute and that almost makes up for it
It's funny how mangas like these make the heroine super cute in some panels, yet they describe her as plain and whatever. It's like, UHHHH, ARE YOU BLIND?
Old 2008-09-05, 05:38   Link #8
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

so its serialized on Nakayoshi? I suppose monthly isn't too bad, considering I'm keeping up with several monthly series already... I guess the "groups" are to "blame" for the irregular releases, no offense XD

anybody else feel that its pretty damn obvious who black bunny and megapig are? Although I think its opposite, as Teru is Black Bunny and Hinata is MegaPig.
Old 2008-09-05, 05:43   Link #9
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
so its serialized on Nakayoshi? I suppose monthly isn't too bad, considering I'm keeping up with several monthly series already... I guess the "groups" are to "blame" for the irregular releases, no offense XD

anybody else feel that its pretty damn obvious who black bunny and megapig are? Although I think its opposite, as Teru is Black Bunny and Hinata is MegaPig.
Perhaps, but it might also be only Teru, as the current chapters do not suggest Hinata knowing of anything happening to Sumino through the internet. I mean, if Hinata is one of them, then either he's faking it, or he's incredibly stupid. And it'd just be bad coherence in the story. Hinata would've known Sumino was being bullied before he heard from the class mates through the blog.
Old 2008-09-05, 05:48   Link #10
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

is it me ..or anyone Think That Hinata and Teru is The same people as megePIG & Black Rabbit ?
It Could be my Imagination
Old 2008-09-05, 05:53   Link #11
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Perhaps, but it might also be only Teru, as the current chapters do not suggest Hinata knowing of anything happening to Sumino through the internet. I mean, if Hinata is one of them, then either he's faking it, or he's incredibly stupid. And it'd just be bad coherence in the story. Hinata would've known Sumino was being bullied before he heard from the class mates through the blog.
You might be right, although Hinata could be feigning ignorance. Since I haven't read past chapter 7, and am too lazy to seek out raws. I'll go by what I know already.

MegaPig supported Sumino on seeking help, and that you shouldn't be afraid to do so. Which Hinata himself wanted to help her. While Black Rabbit, at first wanted Sumino to stand on her own two feet, just the way Teru has been telling her to do. Although he did have a change of attitude. And near the end of chapter seven, I noticed that Teru is starting to take notice of Sumino as well. Love triangle? Well, that wouldn't be surprising, whats a Shoujo without a love triangle? lol.

BTW,... I'm kinda lost... is Sumino, Teru and Hinata all last names? I mean... everyone in the school referrs to them by these names, with the occassion, calling Hinata by his other name...
Old 2008-09-05, 06:08   Link #12
MooMooFarm

Well, regardless, feigning ignorance and any other similar excuse will just make this a generic Shoujo with a very bad plot carried by it's art. I doubt it can be something great =/

Before these two chapters were released, it was kind of neat speculating. But now it just seems dumb.
Old 2008-09-05, 06:20   Link #13
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Actually i don't expect a triangle, in those kind of mangas you usually know right from the start there will be a triangle but Teru hasn't shown any interest in Sumino except that he is worrying about how their (Hinatas and Suminos) relationship is going to develop due to the fact he seems to be best friends with Hinata. There may be exceptions but i haven't come across one. As for the internet identities, well at the beginning i thought black rabbit clearly was Hinata but then he kinda switched roles with Megapig so i was confused and questioned whether Teru and Hinata are either of them or maybe if one of them is both.
Old 2008-09-05, 06:33   Link #14
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
Well, regardless, feigning ignorance and any other similar excuse will just make this a generic Shoujo with a very bad plot carried by it's art. I doubt it can be something great =/

Before these two chapters were released, it was kind of neat speculating. But now it just seems dumb.
well whatever the case may be with Hinata, I'll withold judgement until further development is revealed.

The plot so far is quite nice IMO. The art is a big plus for me, since I don't really care for the art much in Shoujo's. But the characters, particularily Sumino is quite charming. Its still too early though to say how its going to end up. Although, I quite enjoy that bitch Aya getting her just desserts.
Old 2008-09-05, 13:15   Link #15
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
There were too many times I wanted to smash that one bully girl's head through a wall.

I'm way too violent in thoughts these days.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Old 2008-09-05, 17:51   Link #16
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
I've heard about this manga from The Chaos and I'll read it soon.
Old 2008-09-05, 17:55   Link #17
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by She-Chan View Post
I've heard about this manga from The Chaos and I'll read it soon.
I hope you Enjoy Reading ...it Really one of The best Shoujo manga so far
Old 2008-09-05, 17:58   Link #18
She-Chan
Anime no Tono
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to She-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I hope you Enjoy Reading ...it Really one of The best Shoujo manga so far
I am reading Chapter one now, the story seems good.
Old 2008-09-05, 18:44   Link #19
yongshun

Finally got done with chaper 7 and I like to say go Sumino!!! that took alot guts to standup there and say what she had to say. Whoever Megapig and Black Rabbit is I wonder if they know how much they have helped her with her self confidense.
Old 2009-01-05, 02:35   Link #20
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

*shock* Hinata is Black Rabbit!!
Closed Thread