AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 157 46.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 26.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 17.01%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 6.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.19%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-22, 09:47   Link #301
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Its been three years but now it seems Haruhi-ism is back in full force. The animation was not as crisp as i had hoped but it honestly didnt bother me that much after about 3 min i was over.it and just enjoyed everything that makes me love the series. Kyon was and is still one of my favorite male characters of all time. His timing for his remarks are just dead on and his interactions with our lovable goddess is always cause to cheer. Kyons constant "kawaii" remarks towards Mikuru was one of my highlights and he was so right. We got grown up Mikuru as well who is just god awfully hawt the little Mikuru who is cute good mix if you ask me.

Was I the only one that awwwwwww seeing Chibi Haruhi? Then she spoke lmao and we knew that her personality has not changed one bit lol. Kyon realized it too and hes right a normal person would have been terrified of middle schooler who acted like that. Im glad they used Tanabata as a kick off to the season.

Throughly enjoyed it.
Old 2009-05-22, 09:50   Link #302
Chadauw

Good episode. Glad to see Kyon and the others again.
Old 2009-05-22, 10:34   Link #303
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadauw View Post
Good episode. Glad to see Kyon and the others again.
Same here, though I miss the chibi Haruhi-chan and Nyron~! Tsuruya-chan.

Kyon - So when we first met I was sleeping in the next room?
Nagato - ... *nods*

lolz
Old 2009-05-22, 10:43   Link #304
Starlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post

Nagato - ... *nods*

lolz
That made me LOL the most

I haven't got to reading the light novels/manga yet, so I watched this without knowing the plot --- I have to say I loved it. Good to see Yuki saving the day.
Old 2009-05-22, 10:49   Link #305
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
Good to see Yuki saving the day.
Go, Miss Plotdevice!
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-05-22, 10:55   Link #306
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Same here, though I miss the chibi Haruhi-chan and Nyron~! Tsuruya-chan.

Nagato - ... *nods*

lolz
Sometimes Yuki is such an asshole. And that's why she rocks. It's good to see her saving the day AGAIN. In the series everyone talk about how Haruhi could do that, how she's like this, but they should really be afraid of Yuki, seems there's nothing impossible to that girl.
Old 2009-05-22, 11:40   Link #307
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Yuki wouldn't even be bothered about it, unless it's about Haruhi. Then everything is an emergency.

So yes, she's powerful, but no, all of you can't have her.
Old 2009-05-22, 11:42   Link #308
hai_san

Oh dear god after 3 year finally the new Haruhi serie, the kick of is really really good, feels like there was no gap from season 1 to 2. I miss the seiryuus so much, Kyon is still fantastic, my favorites seiryuus of all time in all anime are in Haruhi, Honey and Clover and Lucky Star and lastly Macross F. I like the narrators styles of Kyon and Takemoto so much!

Cant wait for the OP in next ep, ED wasnt as "good" as in s1 but still very good in my opinion.
Old 2009-05-22, 11:42   Link #309
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakae View Post
(Yes, I know KyoAni uses this kind of angles heavily in a later episode of Haruhi and also in their newer productions. I just compared this episode with the first episodes of the first season).
The episode that comes to mind would be "Someday in the Rain".
Old 2009-05-22, 11:42   Link #310
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
no, all of you can't have her.
Finally, a voice of reason...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-05-22, 11:44   Link #311
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
. . . Excuse me? Could you please clarify what you mean?
I think margafred meant the OS flavour. Nagato upgraded her OS, didn't she?

(Just joking.)
Old 2009-05-22, 11:52   Link #312
Crazy_O

we had to wait 3 years, for an anime that is almost exactly as broadcasted 3 years ago... its like... experiencing a time travel of 3 years... smells like a conspiracy. But no, they really wouldnt do that... or would they?
Old 2009-05-22, 11:55   Link #313
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I am kinda surprise they didn't boardcast this ep in july and fit in with the overall Haurhi Religion.

Still first ep in May makes the crew eligible for SAIMOE.
Old 2009-05-22, 11:58   Link #314
Kloran

First of all, what's Tanabata? I get kind of lost when they discuss Japan related stuff just like the first series when they talk about Haruhi's hair and Golden Week.

The funniest part of the episode was how Haruhi brings up the Special Theory of Relativity and then tosses it away a moment later by saying that God will have a 50% off sale. And also the tags on the bamboo tree were hilarious as well.

As an anime only watcher, the time traveling part just made be go Holy ****. What a mind screw, but everything just clicked at the end. So that's why Haruhi enrolled in North High and asked if Kyon they've met before. It's also the reason why there's no sliders in the SOS. However, this leads to a interesting observation: if there was a slider in the SOS, then Kyon would have told Haruhi three years ago and she would have recruited the slider. It's a time loop: the reason why aliens, time travelers and espers are in the SOS was because Kyon told Haruhi about it in the past which lead them to be recruited in the future, which caused Kyon to go back in the past and...... Also the fact that Kyon was sleeping in a room when Kyon first visited Yuki just blew my mind.

I loved this episode. It has a perfect blend of Science fiction mind screw mixed with excellent humor.

On the topic of time travel in Haruhi, when Mikuru first confessed her secret to Kyon by the river, she mentioned that time was like a series of frames, just like animation. She can go to one frame, do whatever she wants to it, but it wouldn't affect the next frame at all. Just like how scribbling on one page of a flipbook won't affect the pictures in the following pages. However, this means that the time loops in Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody are just coincidences and doesn't have to occur. Is Mikuru's description of time correct?
Old 2009-05-22, 12:04   Link #315
yura`

Wow. It feels like coming back to an old friend, watching this episode and hearing the familiar voices (kudos to the VAs!) and watching their antics. This really came out of nowhere, didn't expect this "second season" - I have to say, it's quite a sly gimmick that was pulled off - 3 years in the making, anyone? (As a couple of people before have mentioned previously!)

It's been awhile since I read the light novels, but I remember being quite taken in by this particular chapter, since it sort of signals the 'beginning'. Which makes it a beautiful way to segue into this 'new' season.
Old 2009-05-22, 12:29   Link #316
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Honestly... I didn't really like this one all that much. For the first new episode in nearly three years, this fell a bit short of my expectations. Sure, it had a few amusing parts(mostly involving Mikuru freaking out), and loli-Haruhi was cute, but that hardly makes up for the wait.

I'm not going to apply a rating, as I might be giving it a bit too much criticism, but for right now, it isn't really high on my list of favorite episodes. Sorry if I've offended anyone with my negativity.
Don't worry, you're not alone on that one.
3 years of wait takes a toll on you from a series so backlash is understandable.

And after rewatching this episode with subs, the least I can say was that...it was very interesting I'm no expert on time-traveling and the terms they used confused the crap outta me but I can sorta understand their explainations. I thought that bit was the good part to the episode
And out of nowhere, I'm starting to like Yuki.

Duno if it's the fanboys obsession rubbing on to me ( finally? )/seeing her everywhere in this forum or this episode just intrigued me into her.

I really hated her before though...I think my tastes are changing drastically, heh.
Old 2009-05-22, 12:36   Link #317
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
And out of nowhere, I'm starting to like Yuki.

Duno if it's the fanboys obsession rubbing on to me ( finally? )/seeing her everywhere in this forum or this episode just intrigued me into her.

I really hated her before though...I think my tastes are changing drastically, heh.
What is it that made you hate Nagato?

*e* Er... I'm hoping my heavily Nagato-themed forum presence doesn't send the wrong message here
Old 2009-05-22, 12:42   Link #318
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloran View Post
On the topic of time travel in Haruhi, when Mikuru first confessed her secret to Kyon by the river, she mentioned that time was like a series of frames, just like animation. She can go to one frame, do whatever she wants to it, but it wouldn't affect the next frame at all. Just like how scribbling on one page of a flipbook won't affect the pictures in the following pages. However, this means that the time loops in Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody are just coincidences and doesn't have to occur. Is Mikuru's description of time correct?
It means time travellers don't understand time as much as Nagato's bunch.

Yuki described their time travel as primitive.

Anyway I love this prologue to my favorite arc in the Haruhi series.

There are noted changes in the animation. Present day Yuki looks like Kyou of Clannad with her hair cut to me.

I'm in great anticipation for this season. Character development and it focuses on somebody else not Haruhi.

In fact Haruhi has little to do with the plot.
Old 2009-05-22, 12:43   Link #319
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
What is it that made you hate Nagato?

*e* Er... I'm hoping my heavily Nagato-themed forum presence doesn't send the wrong message here
It was for a stupid reason.
I thought she was quite the boring character because she didn't really say much and it ticked me off. Sure, she has those "cool factors" but that's all she had going for her character, to me.

But now I'm starting to acknowledge her quiet-ness just from watching ONE new episode. Sometimes I don't understand myself...

And not really. You just favorite her....unless you're one to worship her as your second goddess next to Haruhi or something, secretly in your closet
Old 2009-05-22, 12:44   Link #320
typhonsentra

On the positive side, my favorite bit in the episode was Kyon's contemplating taking Big Mikuru up on her offer.

"Shikashi-ya-demo."
Closed Thread