AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 15:41   Link #481
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Scary Mouse View Post
Nah, they most likely don't. There is a good chance that there won't be a third season at all (the sales are not that good).

I would like a remake. Oh well, a man can dream.
You never know. Other series have had low sales and kept going, especially shounen shows.

That said, I don't think they have enough content for 3rd season for a while. There's not enough material in the manga at this point it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
You shouldn't ask women their real age . Especially a batsh*t insane one like Gyokuen.
Sound advice
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 17:05   Link #482
Big Scary Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
There's not enough material in the manga at this point it seems.
Yep, that's right. The manga is not so far ahead, unfortunately.
Big Scary Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 11:16   Link #483
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Heh well that's something. I've actually lost so much interest in this series now that i didn't even realise I was one episode behind. I started watching Episode 24 wondering what the hell was going on and only realised I must have missed an episode after a few minutes. XP

I guess that just underlines the biggest problem I have for this season now. Almost everything about this show has been so painfully lacklustre (especially the war scenes), incapable of engaging me in anyway. The only things I've truly appreciated out of this season was Hakuryuu's development and Aladdin's match with Titus. Everything else I've just been apathetic towards. Well to be fair, the last episode has managed to keep me engaged but only then I'd rate it as passably good.

I wonder what manga readers think of this adaptation overall. Do mangareaders also feel it's lacklustre compared to the original? I never bothered to read the manga but I heard quite frequently that the first season was a bastardization of the source material hence why it was so average. Is this the same as well?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 15:13   Link #484
Big Scary Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I wonder what manga readers think of this adaptation overall.
It is quite bad, to be honest. I would barely rate the anime adaptation as a 5, while the manga is a solid 8-9.
Big Scary Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 10:44   Link #485
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think it's that bad, but it does pale compared to the manga. The story is the same save for a few changes but the execution is severely lacking. The war was a lot better in the manga.
Old 2014-03-29, 11:21   Link #486
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think it's that bad, but it does pale compared to the manga. The story is the same save for a few changes but the execution is severely lacking. The war was a lot better in the manga.
It was a lot better, but Sinbad's lightening strike did have an impressive impact in the anime.

The war just seemed like, on a much smaller scale than in the manga. Like, less people, less happening. I'm not sure quite how to place it.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 13:44   Link #487
ginger02

The war in the manga seemed a bit more dynamic than in the anime, but I think that may be how it was drawn and paced (in the manga). Certain scenes seemed a bit more dramatic in the manga, but with that said, I still prefer the anime.
Old 2014-03-29, 14:48   Link #488
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

I wonder what manga readers think of this adaptation overall. Do mangareaders also feel it's lacklustre compared to the original? I never bothered to read the manga but I heard quite frequently that the first season was a bastardization of the source material hence why it was so average. Is this the same as well?
It does the job. "Here are your characters, in color and animated". Which is kinda damning with faint praise, but that's how it goes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 20:44   Link #489
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
After watching this episode, I was left with a big WTF when I realized the anime actually ended. I mean it was the 25th episode sure but for some reason I thought this was going to be one of those long-running series.

I personally greatly enjoyed this series as I've not read the manga, and the way this season ended left me for wanting more .. much more. So many things still to happen. Yet you say there's not enough of manga for a S3? ... I don't/can't wait for several years .. So sad right now.
Old 2014-03-30, 20:54   Link #490
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

To me, the only highlight of this final episode was Hakuryuu looking like a total badass.
Might as well pick up the manga now, I suppose. Doesn't seem like we'll be getting a season 3 anytime soon.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 21:29   Link #491
Dr. Casey

I thought it kind of amusing that Alibaba was so cheerful at the end, extending a hand to help raise Aladdin with a wide shounen smile spread across his face, and never even seemed to notice Yamraiha crying hysterically about five feet away from them.

The flashbacks to Yamraiha's childhood with Mogamett were nice. The late 70s and early 80s aren't typically thought of as youthful in any way, but whenever someone dies significantly later than that (in Mogamett's case the age of 98, though even just reaching the early 90s works), it does seem as though they had all the time in the world during those earlier elderly years when looking back.

A pretty nice season overall. I preferred Labyrinth's more open-ended, adventure-y nature, though it was pretty easy to tell that Kingdom was the more faithful adaptation. Hopefully a season three will combine the best of both worlds.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 21:39   Link #492
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
To me, the only highlight of this final episode was Hakuryuu looking like a total badass.
Might as well pick up the manga now, I suppose. Doesn't seem like we'll be getting a season 3 anytime soon.
y new arc just started, not even enough material for 13 episode. maybe next year.
Old 2014-03-31, 01:40   Link #493
ginger02

I'm surprised at the show. When I saw the first show it was enjoyable, especially that final fight, but didn't do much to hook me in. The 2nd season, however, made me a big fan. I really enjoyed the season, though i do miss the adventures.

I think the characters it introduced this season really made it nice. Kouha, Sphintus, Titus, and everyone else. I want a sin-off of Aladdin, Sphintus, and Titus.
I really enjoyed the episode and whole show and sad to see it go. At least there is the manga (though it's current arc bores me). The huge reunion of everyone during and after the battle was wonderful to see. I'm a sucker for those types of scenes. Also the 13 Extreme magic circle spell thingy was really cool.

4 final things

1. I wish we got to see more interaction between Aladdin and Kouha. I like those two together.

2. I wonder what made Hakyuruu the way he is now?

3. Kind of late, but for some reason Kougyoku's level of power always surprises me. Maybe since she acts so differently from other metal vessel users. I always like seeing more of her though.

4. Kouen trying to kidnap Aladdin and everyone's reactions was too funny XD
Old 2014-03-31, 02:01   Link #494
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

They didn't animated this important part
Spoiler for Important:
Old 2014-03-31, 02:02   Link #495
zero7090

what is the manga chapter that anime end at? or is this original end?
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 02:09   Link #496
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
They didn't animated this important part
Spoiler for Important:
I guess they could have, but they could if they make a season 3. We don't know if there ever will be one, but I guess maybe they didn't want to leave even more questions at the end of this season and wanted to give as complete an end as they could.
Plus, it could always be easily explained in a flashback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
198 i believe.
Old 2014-03-31, 07:27   Link #497
Flolan

I have to admit... i cried a little during this episode. T_T The scene with Mogamett was so sad... sniff

I dont understand why people are always complaining "how terrible magi anime is" its not terrible at all.

I hope they will continue the anime later when there is enough manga material because some of he best stuff is yet to come. xDD Oh god, its gonna be hilarious. We could call the third season "the exciting adventures of Alibaba"
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 10:23   Link #498
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

From the 3rd BD

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
No original end this time. They just omitted a couple stuff, but I guess they'll be able to somehow include them in the third season if they make one.

I thought the final episode was great. There were some very emotional moments in that one. Although I'm usually not a fan of characters resurrecting, I was happy Titus came to life. He deserved a second chance, and it would have been too sad for Marga if he had stayed dead.
Old 2014-03-31, 10:49   Link #499
ookamigirl

Final episode was epic!
So much power, yet it wasn't enough.
Who knew one talk could resolve more than a bunch of fighting.
This, 2nd season of Magi was much better than the 1st one.
I liked the increase in action and seriousness of things.
The best part was the amazing return of Titus.
I really like his character ^^
Hope it gets a 3rd season!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-31, 13:41   Link #500
ChampDream
Alive

I really like the scene at the end with Titus coming back to life.
this season was better adapted than the first season, even if they cut some parts out, it as a good adaptation, you can say they learn from their mistake from the first season.

Tags
shounen