5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-06, 00:36   Link #81
jtrog

I gave this one a 5, saw raw, waiting so long to see what happened after ep 17, (i know nothing of manga or game storyline).

It seemed too fast, ended too fast. not to mention what they did to "MY sakura..."
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 04:49   Link #82
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I think the outfit is uneccessary and did not give anything to the story except for fanservice. That is my take.
Old 2006-05-06, 05:26   Link #83
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
I think the outfit is uneccessary and did not give anything to the story except for fanservice. That is my take.
I'll rather they do away with the fanservice. It spoilt my image of Sakura!!!!!!! Anyway, I think Sakura looks bad in em. She's better off with her casual clothes. But I'll think twice if its Rin wearing em
Old 2006-05-06, 05:29   Link #84
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
I agree with this - I greatly preferred her outfit from the game. This outfit just feels like it's trying too hard and just ends up being slutty, which was not what I was expecting to see from Sakura.

I have mixed feelings about this episode - it seems like they tried to "cover" most of HF - or create a replacement for HF - in just one or two episodes. That and I hated the scene when they were fighting skeletons - reused fight footage just makes me think Destiny, which isn't a good thing.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 07:40   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You just know that crap outfit they but Sakura in was for all the people who just wanted fanservice - the scene would have easily gone a lot better if she was kept in the cloths that she was captured in.

And TS - i'd say its more like a replacement for HF.. more along the lines of a HF for the anime.
Old 2006-05-06, 07:56   Link #86
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

Nooooooooooo, what's with those graphics again??? It really lacks regularity in this episode. Saber's profile at 14:08 really shocked me and her divergent eyes at 18:15 were really painful. And God knows I love Saber.

Otherwise, I admit there are really good parts. Especially the part with Assassin I really love. The plot is moving fast and the pace is really good in the latest episodes.

Had the graphics been better at some moments, this eppy would have scored a 10. Now, I'm shivering: 8 or 9?

I'm gonna get a bit biaised there: this eppy made me recover from that very bad hangover... For that, the 9 gets the upper hand.

That aside, I really believe we're gonna see Shirou's UBW in this anime. The plot is really inclined to go in this direction. Or so I hope...

GIL POWAAAA!!!! I'm really getting 1Mp4t13nt NOW!
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 08:27   Link #87
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrog
not to mention what they did to "MY sakura..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
It spoilt my image of Sakura!!!!!!!
Please don't ever play HF if just her outfit upset you that much

An 8 out of 10 from me. Animation's a little off but the short fight scenes were pretty well done. It's nice they put some of Sakura's story in, but I think this is the end for her involvement. They even went so far as to include the dark tendrils as a reference back to HF. Not to mention her scene with Rin, which seems to hold more then a few parrallels to an HF scene...

I'm both dreading and eagerly anticipating the next episode...
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 09:42   Link #88
ordnance11

I just watched the subbed intro scene between Kazuki and Caster. It was romantically moving. Here she was, dying at the foot of the temple. He took her in when there was no reason to. Specially when you see, she not human. And I think she was wary of just about any man by then, given her past history of betrayal. And he gave her a choice. Stay or leave. Her decision.

Kuzuki may look, act and speak coldly, but it just shows that even "rotten killing machines" (his description of himself) have moments of grace. And wonder of wonders, I think these two are in love with each other..or at least the closest thing to it.

That makes these two a great pairing, next to Saber and Shiro. I hope an OVA showing their backstory comes out.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 10:34   Link #89
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11
I just watched the subbed intro scene between Kazuki and Caster. It was romantically moving. Here she was, dying at the foot of the temple. He took her in when there was no reason to. Specially when you see, she not human. And I think she was wary of just about any man by then, given her past history of betrayal. And he gave her a choice. Stay or leave. Her decision.

Kuzuki may look, act and speak coldly, but it just shows that even "rotten killing machines" (his description of himself) have moments of grace. And wonder of wonders, I think these two are in love with each other..or at least the closest thing to it.

That makes these two a great pairing, next to Saber and Shiro. I hope an OVA showing their backstory comes out.
i want to see the a HA oav with caster trying to learn how to cook
Old 2006-05-06, 10:39   Link #90
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
i want to see the a HA oav with caster trying to learn how to cook
Caster cannot cook? *g*
Old 2006-05-06, 11:01   Link #91
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Lol, they decided it would be funny to make Caster quite clumsy XD
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 11:40   Link #92
Max Demian

Finally saw the episode. Best part was Assassin vs Saber. Thats probably the best fight scene in the series so far, next to archer/berserker battle. Also helps that I just realized Assassins seiyuu is the same as Creed's from Black Cat, which is an added bonus.

Caster's flashback was indeed poignant, but would make no sense unless you knew Medea's story from mythology

Kazuki was insanely badass, yet Shirou also had his moments. Nice to see him actually be able to do something.

The Sakura and Rin part seemed really weak and need more episodes to fully flesh it out. Yes, Sakura's outfit was unnecessary, but was still hot.

and finally, YAY FOR GIL-SAMA! introduce the most badass male character next time.
Max Demian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 11:52   Link #93
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichy
Caster cannot cook? *g*
Caster was a princess why would she learn how to cook. The cloest to cooking she ever done is probably making potions form her calduron.

Edit: I just realize something Anthy form Utena is a character very much like Caster. How her entire life is one been betray by her brother and betraying others. And she was also call the witch as well. never made the connection till just now.
Old 2006-05-06, 12:14   Link #94
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Next episode, Gil-sama Gil-sama Gil-sama
I second that too ^-^ I can't wait!!!!LOL looks like he as a fanclub too.

Do they have like a figure of him??? I totally want !
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 12:23   Link #95
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Pfft...Sakura fanservice=nothing compared to Rider...speaking of whom...will Rider ever be coming back, because she got absolutely shafted with her master (coward, wuss, berated her, etc...) cuz it'd really suck if she were truly dead. Then there'd be no Rider XXX Saber bath scene .

Medea's storyline? Looks like she had a terrible life =/. Poor her. I'm still hoping someone can resummon Rider...someone more gentle and caring, so we can see Rider in her casuals. (Ala KiNa avatar)
Old 2006-05-06, 13:12   Link #96
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wait a minute! Halt the Presses!!!

Where's Lancer?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 13:17   Link #97
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis
Wait a minute! Halt the Presses!!!

Where's Lancer?
Don't worry.., he will show up sooner or later.., after all.., he "needs" to show up.
And I'll just leave it at that
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 13:20   Link #98
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

I have to say this episode was average.

The only vaguely interesting parts where the main fights: Saber vs Assassin, Rin vs Sakura, Shirou vs the-teacher-guy-with-glasses
Shirou with Archers swords again.. when will he realise huh?
Learning about Assassin not being a proper hero was interesting.
Rin really went to town with the spells this ep, I almost expected Rin to shout Rasengan when she hit Sakura with the energy ball

What I didn't like about this ep is it wasn't great and I can't help but think of it as an inbetweeny episode before the good stuff also flashbacks gave us some info about Sakura and Rin but flashbacks in general are pretty uninteresting...

Tbh the preview was more interesting than that entire episode.
"The Golden King" screams Gil enters the fray.
What Im interested to see if he wastes everyone or just some of them.
Cause of the preview I can't wait for the next ep.

What I want to see more of is Shirou owning, maybe a huge mana boost super-saiyan style for the fight or unleashing UBW, so everyone goes ZOMG that power hes 1337
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 13:42   Link #99
NeoSlicerZ

Shirou is gradually growing to resemble Archer more and more now, seems Rin is finally picking up on it too. C'mon Shirou, slick that hair back . Saber vs Assassin was quite impressive, the movement was sublime, looked like Soul Caliber heheh. Rin was pretty cool this episode, more spells than just point finger and fire stuff ^^. Had a G-Gundam déja vu moment during World's End, thought Sakura would explode.

I get the feeling Gil is gonna waste Caster.
NeoSlicerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 14:14   Link #100
beecho

can someone tell me the relation between tohsaka n sakura??
beecho is offline   Reply With Quote