Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-01-17, 20:33   Link #521
atividia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmani View Post
Spoiler:

I liked Misa as she was a thorough proof of Light's hypocrisy see the woman and world he's building won't be a utopia for the just but a world ruled by him that follows his ideas and worships him. He will make the world into nothing *but* Misa's able to be happy and the rest living in terror or frustration or to be controlled but he's too full of himself to realize that. He has other limits brought on by his ego and the main purpose of the

Spoiler:
I really hated the ending to the manga simply because I wanted Light and Misa to be together in the end. Instead of
Spoiler:

Maybe I'm just a sucker for romance. During the entire story, Light never loved Misa. It's not like that would ever change . Damnit, this ending has been giving me heartache for two nights now
atividia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 21:06   Link #522
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

If you like Misa, I'm surprised that you would want her to be together with Light. She's not a shining human being, but she deserves sooo much better.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 00:11   Link #523
atividia

I felt that Light was a good person before the DN reached his hands, which is probably the point of the manga anyway (lust for power is a bad thing). That's why I saw something like what I mentioned in my previous post being a reasonable way to snap him out of it. You know, it's like when a fat person suffers a heart attack; he suddenly has a reason to lose weight.
Old 2007-01-18, 11:53   Link #524
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Except that...

Spoiler:
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 14:50   Link #525
atividia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
If you like Misa, I'm surprised that you would want her to be together with Light. She's not a shining human being, but she deserves sooo much better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Except that...

Spoiler:
That's what happened? Damn. Yeah I'm not going to waste my time with the series then.
Old 2007-01-23, 15:55   Link #526
mydearself

Well, I think Kira was a very intelligent and cool guy until the time he got his note back. When he lost his memories he became quite whiny. Oookay, a superintelligent normal human, but still. And L! It was really lame how Light 'defeated' him. Really. And I liked his old pscyho smile better. XD
Takeshi Obata always sucks with completing the story... first Sai and Hikaru, now L and Light.... waaah!
mydearself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 06:57   Link #527
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

DN DS game finally here!! 15Feb07 XD

Yeah!! It is now confirmed!! The game will be released in Japan on 15Feb07!

" Well, now you can sit at your DS and scribble away the names of those you hate in the upcoming Death Note: Kira Game! The game is being released on February 15th in Japan, and is going for 4,980 yen, or $41.

They’re describing the game as “recreating the psychological warfare between L and Light.” From what I can understand, you start the game as either L or Light, and try to trick your opponent into revealing themselves. In Light’s case, that would be revealing what L’s real name is or just convincing him that you are not Kira, and for L, revealing that Light is Kira. You’ll be doing this through asking questions to the other character, trying to get them to slip up in what they say. I’m guessing that this game is going to play like Phoenix Wright, except be ultra-serious.

The game will rate you on 3 things: Reliability in what you say, level of doubt from your opponent, and power of your speech. With L, you must secure a definite find on who is Kira, while as Light, you have to kill people off in secret. Towards the end of the investigation, you can poll everyone on the team as to who they think is Kira, which I think is an interesting feature.

There will be 11 stories throughout the game that are available to play though, which should be plenty challenging. Beyond that, there’s a special settings mode, where you’ll get to play under various conditions (these aren’t explained), as well as a Versus mode. Hooray! I really want to see how the Versus mode turns out. I think this will actually be a pretty awesome video game, from the looks of it.

Also featured on the site was the Death Note trading card game. Ugh, it seems that Light is heading the way of Yugi. "

Source: http://www.japanator.com/death-note-...he-nintendo-ds

Hmmm... It sounds like a fun game to me...especially u can use stylus to scribble names... hmmm...

hehz! XD the game trailer can be found under the main game site.

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/deathnote/

*sorry if there is any existing post commenting abt the game. I m far too lazy to go n read the posts in every thread for it and pls help me to move this post to the correct thread if there is such a need. Thanks!!* XD - game game game!!
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 18:45   Link #528
InitialGT

Mello's chocolate eating habit

Mello occasionally has a chocolate bar in his mouth. Depending on his mood, he will take it out on the chocolate bar.

Does anyone here get an urge to eat a bar type chocolate after reading a chapter with mellow aggressively eating his chocolate?
InitialGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 08:26   Link #529
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

It has come. The part of the manga when people start to lose interest. I wonder how many viewers will be lost by the time it gets to chapter 50s.
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 19:39   Link #530
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialGT View Post
Does anyone here get an urge to eat a bar type chocolate after reading a chapter with mellow aggressively eating his chocolate?
Not really, know i am known for eating a lot of sweets while reading the manga - or watching the anime now. I wonder why that is.. :3
Old 2007-02-15, 13:29   Link #531
Kariou
Holder of Death Note

Send a message via AIM to Kariou Send a message via MSN to Kariou Send a message via Yahoo to Kariou
Wow, did no one read the translated versions?

Damn, I hoped I could have talked about the ending, and how it really just ubruptly ended....

Well, if anyone wants to talk about DN, feel free to IM me.

Last edited by Kariou; 2007-02-15 at 13:31. Reason: adding my message tags
Kariou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-20, 15:32   Link #532
Aalmost/DeathNote

Smile Yes.

I'm so mad right now, it's a song that never appeared in the OST.
The song is in many episodes, but watch EP.18, the song appears in 19.10
If you got that song, PLEASE SEND IT TO ME!
Aalmost/DeathNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 04:40   Link #533
Crazy_O

i dont know if anyone brought this up already...

but couldnt have light wrote his Death in the Death Note himself so that noone could kill him with a Deathnote, or even anything else?
He could then fake his Death and in a Moment of being unseen, use the DNpaper in his Watch to at kill those Non-Believers

Still i dont think he died
Crazy_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 12:39   Link #534
SebaZ

do anyone knows who's the girl on volume 12 last page?
SebaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 23:37   Link #535
Kirra
no, Im not the killer

Hey everybody
I love death note a lot (and yes my name is actually Kirra ^-^ )
I want to start reading the manga as soon as I finish the series, but from a friend that already read the manga, I heard that Death Note keeps going after L dies, and they introduce a new detective serving under "L"
since I haven't read the manga I cant judge, but I don't think that is a good idea! Ryuzaki was an amazing character and nobody can replace his weird (in a good way) look.
but did they pull it off?
One of the reasons I love death note is because of the L character, but now Im skeptical on reading further after he dies!
Kirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 18:46   Link #536
hermadelion

I found the ending kind of disappointing.
Spoiler:
hermadelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 15:55   Link #537
Northy

Send a message via AIM to Northy Send a message via MSN to Northy Send a message via Yahoo to Northy
The way he died just show that he is human afterall . . .
Northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 13:52   Link #538
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Quote:
do anyone knows who's the girl on volume 12 last page?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Azure22; 2007-03-21 at 13:56. Reason: Made a typo on the spoiler, and added something...
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 19:16   Link #539
kauldron26
Med Student

no it is not misa. the mangaka has stated time and time again. that is just a random girl.

misa committed suicide sometime after light died.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 22:09   Link #540
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
misa committed suicide sometime after light died.
Yep, that was confirmed in the special volume 13.