4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.12%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-25, 01:10   Link #441
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
ROFL, gunslinger anyone?

just watched the RAW, OMG, WOW, WTF

rightfully 10!

Spoiler:

massive uprising for sure...similar thing happened in Rwanda T.T
Except they never intended on massacring the people in the first place. It was a way of taking the fight out of them and letting them live in peace and break the Black Knights by taking away their support. Schneizeil was in full support of this but he was horrified to watch the massacre.

Another thing is that the situation is quite volatile, sure they can kill the civilians but having so many in once place would open a giant can of worms. Strangely enough the soldiers didn't seemed to care about that at all. Following orders is one thing but it's another to follow an order that makes zero sense (especially after seeing Zero and Euphie together, you'd think something would be wrong, especially after she shot Darlton)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 01:13   Link #442
Juvyniled

She initiated the massacre. And they're soldiers. Following orders is their nature. And they're supremacists. They likely could care less. Add those two characteristics together with an order to kill, and you've got yourself a blood bath.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 01:25   Link #443
vhx

WOW definately NEVER saw that coming. I feel bad for Euphy and Zero, as they both didn't want all this to happen and wanted to go for a different approach. How will Brittania, Euphy explain or get out of this one?

Definately will look like to everyone else they announced this to gather as many Elevens into one area to mow them down. Since they broadcasted it on the TV networks and then quickly put it on the internet. The Order of the Black Knights is going to explode in popularity, people, and resources. And Brittania as well as Euphy support will be circling the drain. Euphy is completely different from herself, but no one will know, they will just see her mowin down Elevens with a machine gun.

My questions after the episode: I definately wonder why his Geass got out of control at that time? What causes it to grow out of control? Will CC abandon Zero now that it's out of control? How is Nunnally going to take this, if she finds out?
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 01:32   Link #444
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Except they never intended on massacring the people in the first place. It was a way of taking the fight out of them and letting them live in peace and break the Black Knights by taking away their support. Schneizeil was in full support of this but he was horrified to watch the massacre.

Another thing is that the situation is quite volatile, sure they can kill the civilians but having so many in once place would open a giant can of worms. Strangely enough the soldiers didn't seemed to care about that at all. Following orders is one thing but it's another to follow an order that makes zero sense (especially after seeing Zero and Euphie together, you'd think something would be wrong, especially after she shot Darlton)
Remember Clovis. Slaughter is never justified, not when it involves innocents. It almost makes them bloody good soldiers-Follow orders to a fault, never questioning, never disobeying. It could be a flaw in the portrayal of these Britannian soldiers. It's one thing to follow your common sense and stop taking the lives of others, but another to disobey royalty (the highest in the Britannian food chain) and to lose the lives of you and your family for so-called 'treason'.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 01:32   Link #445
RyUmasTer

Those soldiers did nothing less but to express their hatred, and miraculously( for them i mean) this order came and they just obey without a doubt, they would not tolerate being equals with the japanese, being equal with someone they consider inferior. As for situation with Suzaku is the same, alll the soldiers just hate him and they express their frustrations with the fact that Suzaku was the one selected for the rank of a knight. I think that they are almost having certain pleasure with Euphie's orders.

Last edited by RyUmasTer; 2007-03-25 at 02:08.
RyUmasTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 01:50   Link #446
Juvyniled

At the very least, a soldier should realize that he'll have to put his life on the line and may have to take the life of another. If they didn't want to kill innocents, those soldiers didn't have to join the army. But they did want to exercise their authority over them, and Euphemia let the jackals loose on their prey. Everyone else that's disagreed with their methods is likely not in the army, and those that still are look down upon non-Britannians.
Old 2007-03-25, 02:01   Link #447
rimaa

holy crap, that was shocking i registered just to say that
rimaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 02:16   Link #448
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
At the very least, a soldier should realize that he'll have to put his life on the line and may have to take the life of another. If they didn't want to kill innocents, those soldiers didn't have to join the army. But they did want to exercise their authority over them, and Euphemia let the jackals loose on their prey. Everyone else that's disagreed with their methods is likely not in the army, and those that still are look down upon non-Britannians.
Well, there's supposed to be the notion of honour, but apparently common riff-raff wouldn't care about that. It might as well be zilch when your own lives depend on what decisions you make. Soldiers don't all want to kill innocents. They can be drafted in against their will or willingly entering it due to ambiguous concepts like patriotism, or even just wanting to feed his family etc.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 02:34   Link #449
Juvyniled

Unfortunately, it's not a modern day army. Principles still do apply, but those principles are mainly driven by the values embodied in the empire. This is why I believe the Britannians who had any morals in not killing civilians are not likely to be in the army. The empire is going to use its soldiers to do heinous things. Any of its citizens should be very well aware of that notion, since their country is highly imperialistic. How heinous is dependent on the people in charge.
Old 2007-03-25, 04:00   Link #450
rem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He says, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! He's (She's) done it now!"
He doesn't say who he's addressing to, the subject is left out.
So it's not clear if he means he (Lelouch) or she (Euphemia). Although from the context, it's most likely referring to Lulu.
Which brings up the question... is Emperor aware of everything? The ultimate mastermind behind it all afterall?
Or it could be CC he's talking about.

Whew, my head's spinning after this episode
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 05:00   Link #451
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
well meer was pink headed...and yuffie must have got some of her genes
She wasn't a natural pink hime

No idea if Euphie would live or die yet but she's definitely out of Lelouch's hair with that "zomgz must killz0r jap" geass on her. With that, i guess Lelouch's coup d'etat plan will go on ahead next episode.
Old 2007-03-25, 05:04   Link #452
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Unfortunately, it's not a modern day army. Principles still do apply, but those principles are mainly driven by the values embodied in the empire. This is why I believe the Britannians who had any morals in not killing civilians are not likely to be in the army. The empire is going to use its soldiers to do heinous things. Any of its citizens should be very well aware of that notion, since their country is highly imperialistic. How heinous is dependent on the people in charge.
That may be so, and this may sound paradoxical; but I'd expect Britannia's royal system to make it less likely that Euphie's crazy orders would be followed, not more - because the "correct" thing to do is dependent entirely on the person who ends up passing judgement.

If I were a Britannian officer, I'd know that the Empire doesn't value human life. And despite the obvious irrationality of the orders, I'd be considering the possibility of getting shot for disobeying them. But I'd also be thinking about getting shot because the Vice-Governor might have eaten some dodgy mushrooms for lunch and I blindly obeyed her hallucinatory ravings. In that situation, I doubt Governor Cornelia would accept the excuse of "I was just following orders" for making her sister look like an untrustworthy murderer and irretrievably damaging Britannia's political position in Japan.

I'd expect the most likely course of action would be to appear to accept Euphemia's orders while stalling for time and referring the issue upstairs. ("Come back inside and sit down, Your Highness, we'll just round up these worthless Japanese so we can machine-gun them more efficiently--psst! Get Governor Cornelia on the line and confirm these orders, now!")

As for the rank-and-file soldiers hearing Euphemia's orders, if they're drilled to instant obedience then by rights they should be looking to their officers for direction; if orders from the Vice-Governor aren't filtered through the military hierarchy then you don't have an organised army, you have a mob.

To me, the fact that the troops obeyed so promptly and eagerly supports your other contention - that they (or at least their officers) really wanted to kill Japanese and would take any excuse to do so.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 05:10   Link #453
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Remember Clovis. Slaughter is never justified, not when it involves innocents. It almost makes them bloody good soldiers-Follow orders to a fault, never questioning, never disobeying. It could be a flaw in the portrayal of these Britannian soldiers. It's one thing to follow your common sense and stop taking the lives of others, but another to disobey royalty (the highest in the Britannian food chain) and to lose the lives of you and your family for so-called 'treason'.
Well, if we assume they were from the purist faction (Which is most likely the one that guards the Britanian nobility), i think they would have no qualms what so ever about shooting elevens.

We have seen how the "noble" Britanians treat elevens. It isn't hard to imagine at all one purist going trigger happy when he gets an official announcement that he can kill all he wants, with a smile from ear to ear, screaming "Euphemia-sama no-tameni!!!" in a maniacal voice

Quote:
No idea if Euphie would live or die yet but she's definitely out of Lelouch's hair with that "zomgz must killz0r jap" geass on her. With that, i guess Lelouch's coup d'etat plan will go on ahead next episode.
Quite ironical, isn't it ? This is the best imaginable thing for Zero, but a total nightmare for Lelouch
Old 2007-03-25, 05:24   Link #454
rtwesen

Damn that was cool. It would've been cooler if zero planned it from the start, style-wise. But this seems to be even more interesting as it gives birth to his geass evolving.

And I love that reporter guy (diethart?), everything zero does he's like 'muahah DD'
rtwesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 05:30   Link #455
Crazy_O

hmm...

Zero has to find her first, theres no other chance for him. If he doesnt and Cornelia or Schneizel find her first, they would know that Zero uses some Kind of Mindwriting, its too obvious now.

And i dont like the thought that Geass will be revealed to most of the Higher ups, its like another certain anime thats airing right now ^^ it takes the most fun of the anime...

So if Lulu wants Zero a little longer alive, he should kill/capture her first. If he doesnt, will see the end of Zero soon.

The Emporer is happy, his children battle trying to kill/disgrace each other, i think thats how he imagined it should be.
In the End the strongest one will win and get to be the next emporer repeating all of this
Crazy_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 06:10   Link #456
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_O View Post
So if Lulu wants Zero a little longer alive, he should kill/capture her first. If he doesnt, will see the end of Zero soon.
Well... her ordered his Knights to kill Euphemia... and we know that there was a squadron of his troops waiting right outside the stadium... so chances are high Euphie won't be making it imo.
Old 2007-03-25, 09:01   Link #457
smeg4brainsuk
Ayanami's Concubine

Send a message via MSN to smeg4brainsuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Well... her ordered his Knights to kill Euphemia... and we know that there was a squadron of his troops waiting right outside the stadium... so chances are high Euphie won't be making it imo.
Though you seem to forget Suzaku, he will defend her till the end (untill she tries to kill him i suppose) and CC/Zero arent in the best of conditions atm it seems, especially CC when Suzaku is close by.

Must say this series just gets better and better, gonna be an explosive/unpredicted ending to series 1 thats for sure
smeg4brainsuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 09:06   Link #458
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg4brainsuk View Post
Though you seem to forget Suzaku, he will defend her till the end (untill she tries to kill him i suppose) and CC/Zero arent in the best of conditions atm it seems, especially CC when Suzaku is close by.

Must say this series just gets better and better, gonna be an explosive/unpredicted ending to series 1 thats for sure
There is the contradicting of their Geass orders... besides - Suzaku alone will not be able to protect Euphie should the OoBK really attack - she is literally defenseless in that stadium. Even if Gawain does not participate in the battle, that still leaves Kallen to tie Suzaku up, and past that it is easy enough to take out Euphie.

And what do you mean that CC is not in a good condition when Suzaku is around ? 0_o.
Old 2007-03-25, 09:26   Link #459
seraphon

Damn, just saw the episode....

I know suzaku is a superman but how could he survive all this? I mean he was on openground with no cover surrounded by knigthmares who had orders to kill any japanese. He's just inhumane...

And really I cant stop pitying euphie and lelouch. Lelouch for having to live under such a burden and euphie for having her name soiled forever (I guess in the end lelouch will"win" so there is no way the general people learn the truth), remembered only by this horrible massacre.
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 09:29   Link #460
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I agree that CC is probably still concerned about what's going on with Suzaku and his connection to her and the geass. But that shouldn't really interfere with the battle.

All depends who runs into Euphie I doubt the entire order is going to be right there. They should be spread out trying to protect the civilians that are still alive. If it's just a few people Suzaku should be able to take care of it. Gueren will be a problem especially with both pilots dealing with all that's just happened.

If Suzaku is in the Lancelot I don't think his geass should be a problem. Since honestly even if she's firing an assault rifle it's not going to hit him while he's in there. Now if he gets out to try and stop her....it could get serious.

Don't think Suzaku is inhumane, I mean he's a pretty nice guy . But it is incredible that he wasn't killed by the knightmares as he made his way around. The guy has skills, and I wonder if it's possible for him to die in this show.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2007-03-25 at 09:50.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote