AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2015-01-27, 11:26   Link #2181
Vokoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
I think a PS4 version would't be any different but just be the exact same. I dont think its late ether because Final Fantasy X|X-2 Remastered got announced to have a PS4 version worldwide even though its been more than a year since the game came out in Japan. Then again Alchemist are not really known to be re-releasing a port later like Square does so who knows.

There isn't much more you can do with Higurashi at this point. Higurashi Sui is basically Higurashi HD Collection having all of the arcs from the Matsuri and Kizuna games with one new one when you complete the final arc so you have 20 arcs.
I know it'd be the exact same, I'd just like it since I sold my PS3 at the end of 2014, so now I can just get it on my PS4 or Vita. And I'd prefer it on a big screen since small text is my enemy (especially with japanese). Still, getting it on the Vita at least if no PS4 port is announced till release.

Also, after thinking about it a bit more, the と at the end is probably just meant to connect it to the next video showcasing the next arc they'll release later, since these videos are a countdown to the release date - so we can probably expect one video per arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
You should always strive for the highest quality possible. Not putting the effort into making a good quality translation (in this case, proper spelling and grammar, and making sure the sentences flow naturally in English, basically just using common sense) using the excuse that nobody else is doing it is just sheer laziness.
This. And if you can't deliver, either get someone to help you, or don't do it at all.
Vokoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 12:18   Link #2182
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikou View Post
A new gameplay video was uploaded half an hour ago. Im not sure why they put in a "to" in the end of the video. Secret message?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkx_EGAM55M
Seems like we're getting a commercial video for each arc. Isn't the "to" at the end the one of "to be continued" to say there is more videos to come ?
The zoom sprites are used way more than I expected tough. We only saw Rena's in the creepy moments for now, wonder if we'll have that for scenes like Satoko crying in Tatarigoroshi, or Rika's smug face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Well, I'm with Gura on this one. Its actually the main reason I started this sort of thing, because it wouldn't get done otherwise. Games and media in general sit around for years untranslated, and even though people may be interested in them, nobody lifts their arses to do anything, so to speak. I'd generally accept anything, even Chinese to English as long as its readable, because even if it may not be worded correctly and the like, you are still able to understand the story and what is happening, which to me is what counts, not the perfect wording of things. Anyhow, that doesn't necessarily mean I approve of low quality translations, but I'd accept it if there's nothing else, because I and most people cannot read moon runes.

Anyway, progressing into the current arc a little, and it seems Satoko pairs up with Rika for wiping the windows with their butts in Angel Mort uniforms, interesting to note. Mion's punishment is also different, she only has to teach the class for an entire day while wearing a swimsuit, which is pretty tame compared to its anime counterpart. Banzai anyone? Shion too, she only has to wear PE clothing on top of a swimsuit and then take off only the underwear, pretty tame Ryukishi07. I can even think of better punishments off the top of my head, involving whipped cream and a bananna that is.
It... kinda lose most of its argument when you're the one saying it. Doing your best while having limited understanding is one thing, just laziness is different. As said earlier, proofread is still unthinkable to miss for me. Tough as a not english native person, errors bothers me way less, basic stuff like "your" instead of "you're" still makes me cringe tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokoca View Post
Kind of hoping that'll turn into a PS4 version announcement, since I'd prefer getting that over the Vita one, but I doubt they'd announce that this late.

Maybe some more content? But do you really need more than 19 arcs?

More like who need NEW content ? It's mostly just a 1080p update, besides new musics, one new filler arc and a full voicing. Making Hinamizawa Bus Stop and Outbreak wouldn't be so much.

Quote:
I know it'd be the exact same, I'd just like it since I sold my PS3 at the end of 2014, so now I can just get it on my PS4 or Vita. And I'd prefer it on a big screen since small text is my enemy (especially with japanese). Still, getting it on the Vita at least if no PS4 port is announced till release.

Higurashi Sui will be in 1080p like Umineko, so there wouldn't be any change for a ps4 release.

Last edited by TheGuraGuraMan; 2015-01-27 at 12:41.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 12:32   Link #2183
Vokoca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
More like who need NEW content ? It's mostly just a 1080p update, besides new musics, one new filler arc and a full voicing. Making Hinamizawa Bus Stop and Outbreak wouldn't be so much, basic stuff like "your" instead of "you're" still makes me cringe tough.
Uh... what does this have to do with anything?

I'm already surprised they're fitting all of this into one VN as is - 19 fully-voiced arcs with HD art... this has to be huge. Not sure how big the Vita cards are, but they might be pushing the limits here.
Old 2015-01-27, 12:34   Link #2184
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Uh... what does this have to do with anything?

I'm already surprised they're fitting all of this into one VN as is - 19 fully-voiced arcs with HD art... this has to be huge. Not sure how big the Vita cards are, but they might be pushing the limits here.

For some reasons I wrote it here but wanted to place that line at the end of the english translation part of XPearse that was just before.

And it's not that huge since most have already been done in Matsuri and Kizuna.

Also, seems like we're getting something in less than 3 days, found that on the official website :
http://higurashisui-cp.com/movie/

Quote:
「ひぐらしのなく頃に粋」発売記念『カウントダウン動画キャンペーン』がスタートしました!
全19編のダイジェストムービーに隠された謎を解き明かしてください!

https://twitter.com/higurashi_sui/st...66963238064130

Last edited by TheGuraGuraMan; 2015-01-27 at 12:46.
Old 2015-01-27, 12:59   Link #2185
Vokoca

Quote:
For some reasons I wrote it here but wanted to place that line at the end of the english translation part of XPearse that was just before.

And it's not that huge since most have already been done in Matsuri and Kizuna.

Also, seems like we're getting something in less than 3 days, found that on the official website :
http://higurashisui-cp.com/movie/

https://twitter.com/higurashi_sui/st...66963238064130
Ah, I see.

As for the announcement, they're just saying that they've started the pre-release campaign, in which they will release a summary video for all 19 of the arcs. It also encourages people to try and solve the riddle spread across all of them, which would explain the と at the end of the video. It's a part of the riddle.

A rough translation for anyone interested:

Quote:
「ひぐらしのなく頃に粋」発売記念『カウントダウン動画キャンペーン』がスタートしました!
全19編のダイジェストムービーに隠された謎を解き明かしてください!
To celebrate the release of 'Higurashi no naku koro ni Sui', we've started the 'Video countdown campaign'!
Please solve the riddle spread across the summary videos of all of the 19 arcs!
Old 2015-01-27, 13:12   Link #2186
TheGuraGuraMan

Oh damn, didn't see that this morning because I was on my phone, but the last commercial video is in 360p compared to the usual 720p, why the hell ? And here I wanted to make screenshots of the Rena zoom faces.
Old 2015-01-27, 20:02   Link #2187
xPearse

Quote:
It... kinda lose most of its argument when you're the one saying it. Doing your best while having limited understanding is one thing, just laziness is different. As said earlier, proofread is still unthinkable to miss for me. Tough as a not english native person, errors bothers me way less, basic stuff like "your" instead of "you're" still makes me cringe tough.
Although that has been fixed and I now know the proper usage of both, my mistake for my countries education system not teaching me that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
This rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not interested in translating titles from Japanese to English because of my incompetence in both of these languages, that's why I don't lift my "ass". Some people prefer quality over quantity and I'm one of those people.
Well, I was just speaking in general, so it wasn't aimed at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMBDADELTO View Post
xPearse you are doing a great work, personally i read higurashi hou with your very first patch and i love it nwn
cant wait for this one, thank you so much my friend nwn
Thanks, nice to be appreciated. I also saw your comment last time, thanks for that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
Are the punishment games in the visual novel just part of Keichi's imagination like in the anime?
Yeah, its the same except they're all thinking it out in Keiichi's bedroom as opposed to the school. But I think they may also take place the following day or something, I haven't got to that part yet so I'll have to see on that.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 20:04   Link #2188
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
As for the announcement, they're just saying that they've started the pre-release campaign, in which they will release a summary video for all 19 of the arcs. It also encourages people to try and solve the riddle spread across all of them, which would explain the と at the end of the video. It's a part of the riddle.
So I was right about it being a secret message. The exact same thing happened before The 3rd Birthday was released in Japan giving us clues at the end of TV ads to unlock a special gift from the official website giving us a special PSP theme and background. I was fortunate enough to get it while everyone else were busy pulling out their hair lol.
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Shikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 21:52   Link #2189
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

All this secret message stuff makes it slightly more probable that there's some of the Hou arcs or something similar to be announced, but I'm not holding my breath. As Shikou says, it's likely a special theme for the PS3 or something similar.
Old 2015-01-27, 22:02   Link #2190
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
As Shikou says, it's likely a special theme for the PS3 or something similar.
In The 3rd Birthday's case back in late 2010 there was a website asking you to input a password to unlock the special gift (PSP Theme and PSP background) which is what every TV ad for the game had a piece of it. This is something similar but in this case there is nothing on the website for Sui that asks you to input a password so Im just assuming its just a secret message to the fans or something about the game they are keeping under the radar about.

I would agree not to assume/think they are adding the Hou arcs. I think if they wanted to I think they should be as DLC for later because it JUST came out a while ago didn't it?
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-01-28, 19:05   Link #2191
GrAVit

Ooh! A countdown! How exciting...

Also, regarding amateur translating, I prefer to have some translation of a VN existing rather than none, but good quality should always be striven for, and yeah, there should be complaints of a shabby translation, since if nobody ever complains, the quality will stay the same.
The good thing that xPearse is doing here is the fact that he's actually correcting the mistakes he made and learning in the process.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 19:45   Link #2192
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
Also, regarding amateur translating, I prefer to have some translation of a VN existing rather than none, but good quality should always be striven for, and yeah, there should be complaints of a shabby translation, since if nobody ever complains, the quality will stay the same.
The good thing that xPearse is doing here is the fact that he's actually correcting the mistakes he made and learning in the process.
Yeah, and I'll try my best to ensure quality and silly mistakes won't happen again. Thanks.

Anyhow, I'm currently reading through Minagorashi-hen and noticed something completely ridiculous. When Rika and co are trying to steal the van and Hanyu pauses time... okay, she can do that now, although maybe that's how and why Rika and her talk and nobody notices.. then everyone is conscious and can talk but not move as time is paused... what? They all see the bullet paused in time and cry that it will hit Keiichi, not the fact that "Hey, time is paused, wtf?" or anything realistic. Then Keiichi's just like "I can't move out of the way! Time is paused!", he just accepts the fact, did anyone else find this scene ridiculous?
Old 2015-01-29, 08:53   Link #2193
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Yeah, it's cheesy.

My own interpretation is that they have such understanding towards one another that they could guess what other people were thinking in that span of seconds.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-29, 10:23   Link #2194
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Yeah, it's cheesy.

My own interpretation is that they have such understanding towards one another that they could guess what other people were thinking in that span of seconds.
I highly doubt that, we know time pauses at that moment and everyone is aware of it. Then Hanyu unpauses time and it continues, but yeah, that entire scene is very cheesy.

Quote:
I remember reading through that scene in the manga and thinking everything you just said (except for the part about time stopping every time Rika and Hanyuu talk, because I remember Satoko overhearing Rika seemingly talking to herself in the Yakusamashi arc). It's utterly ridiculous. None of them were fazed that time stopped. This is not how humans would react in such a situation.
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. Anyway, Satoko hearing Rika talk to Hanyu in Yakusamashi is from the games, except I guess they didn't have pause time to talk privately since she was asleep. In the sound novels, no one says anything when Rika talks to Hanyu in the clubs presence elsewhere. So I guess they pause time to do that, or something, although you can guess why that part was left out of the anime. Including pausing time when Takano fires at them.

Quote:
The club members all imagining it together? Or are you talking about the "soul brothers?" I imagine the club members would beat him up while he was talking if he told them about his ideas.
The Soul Brothers, they think it out the day before Keiichi beats them all and acts it out. Of course as a delusion though. The punishments are also slightly different, disappointed there was no banzai.
Old 2015-01-29, 14:19   Link #2195
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Yeah, and I'll try my best to ensure quality and silly mistakes won't happen again. Thanks.

Anyhow, I'm currently reading through Minagorashi-hen and noticed something completely ridiculous. When Rika and co are trying to steal the van and Hanyu pauses time... okay, she can do that now, although maybe that's how and why Rika and her talk and nobody notices.. then everyone is conscious and can talk but not move as time is paused... what? They all see the bullet paused in time and cry that it will hit Keiichi, not the fact that "Hey, time is paused, wtf?" or anything realistic. Then Keiichi's just like "I can't move out of the way! Time is paused!", he just accepts the fact, did anyone else find this scene ridiculous?

To be fair, between "know what, your leader is gonna die, certainly" and "time just stopped nigga", priority would obviously go to the first, it's more that they just didn't have time (lolol) to think about that.
Old 2015-01-29, 15:08   Link #2196
07th

Hey, the characters in this series ignore every other "unrealistic" aspect it has, after all.
Plot convenience, bringing physics gets catgirls killed, blah-blah.

BTW, adding to my previous post about Hou's translation (No. 2501), it was disappointing to find the images weren't fixed.
07th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 00:20   Link #2197
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

New gameplay video. Today's character is "ga". So far we have "to ga"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVRGYYsVf8
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled
Old 2015-01-30, 02:55   Link #2198
TheGuraGuraMan

Seems like we're indeed getting a video for every arcs (still in terrible 360p quality tough...), so something made of 20 characters in the end ?
Old 2015-01-30, 05:15   Link #2199
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Hmm that is interesting and oh, they deleted the first video.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 08:08   Link #2200
Shikou
ex-Hinamizawa Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsu Koneko View Post
Hmm that is interesting and oh, they deleted the first video.
Heh, too bad for them cuz we'll be able to figure out what their recret message is. They cant hide from us if they even made an effort to
PS3 0/2 PSP cancelled