AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-31, 20:58   Link #3581
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Argh, you're right. When I watch it again and consider the whole thing, it makes sense. Still, Kallen's going to end up taking it, since there's no one else around that's gonna be piloting the Lancelot. If she can match Suzaku, then she should be able to pilot something just as stressful.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:01   Link #3582
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
It doesn't make any sense. If he can pilot the new Guren and it's more powerful then the Lancelot now, then why doesn't he pilot that?

I think that scene was made to explain why no one is piloting the Guren during the fight for Tokyo and how Kallen is able to steal it.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:03   Link #3583
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
It doesn't make any sense. If he can pilot the new Guren and it's more powerful then the Lancelot now, then why doesn't he pilot that?

I think that scene was made to explain why no one is piloting the Guren during the fight for Tokyo and how Kallen is able to steal it.
read what i posted. The reason he is not because the Lancealot is being equipped with the Freya. Nina is entrusting her Freya to Suzaku. Which is the whole point of the scene.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 21:05   Link #3584
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
read what i posted. The reason he is not because the Lancealot is being equipped with the Freya. Nina is entrusting her Freya to Suzaku. Which is the whole point of the scene.
Yeah? Then install it on the Guren then. Not that hard..
Old 2008-07-31, 21:08   Link #3585
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

One's more reliable. Suzaku hasn't piloted the Guren before. Nina's probably thinking about symbolism, too, since the White Reaper is something they'll all recognize.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:09   Link #3586
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Yeah? Then install it on the Guren then. Not that hard..
maybe they can't. The lancelot has always been a unit that can have variety of weapons rather than the Guren. Again this still make sense in the big scheme of things.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 21:11   Link #3587
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
One's more reliable. Suzaku hasn't piloted the Guren before. Nina's probably thinking about symbolism, too, since the White Reaper is something they'll all recognize.
Nina is trying to pull everything that is related to Euphemia together. The Guren is not the KMF of Euphemia's knight, the Lancelot is.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 21:16   Link #3588
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Nina is trying to pull everything that is related to Euphemia together. The Guren is not the KMF of Euphemia's knight, the Lancelot is.
Better than I could have put it. Hopefully her attention to detail gets her killed, preferably by Lloyd for messing with his baby.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:16   Link #3589
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Okay so we now saying that Suzaku CAN pilot the Guren?
Old 2008-07-31, 21:17   Link #3590
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Okay so we now saying that Suzaku CAN pilot the Guren?
Yeah, it would seem. The scene can suggest that they meant only him, which would make more sense in context.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:19   Link #3591
Freya

Quote:
Yeah, it would seem. The scene can suggest that they meant only him, which would make more sense in context.
Well if you actually think about it, Suzaku probably does > Kallen. Yes she's also KoR level but for Suzaku NOT be able to pilot Guren did made me wonder when I first watched the sub.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:41   Link #3592
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It would have been more fitting where payback is concerned had he not been able to. Hax Suzaku has always been able to do impossible crap. It would have been nice to have him shown up at least once. Oh well, at the very least Kallen will get to show him that he doesn't hold a monopoly on the hax.
Old 2008-07-31, 22:17   Link #3593
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
It would have been more fitting where payback is concerned had he not been able to. Hax Suzaku has always been able to do impossible crap. It would have been nice to have him shown up at least once. Oh well, at the very least Kallen will get to show him that he doesn't hold a monopoly on the hax.
What are you talking about?

In most of the engagements they've had Suzaku has never been able to best Kallen completely. She's always been able to match him on the battlefield. The only time he actually had her on the ropes was in the finale but he was in berserker mode at the time.

The next time he engaged her his unit was higher up the tech tree than she was but once she got evened out they more or less were matched.

They haven't fought each other ever since.

Then you got Toudo who twice has sliced a piece of Lancelot.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 22:20   Link #3594
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

She almost always ties him, this is true, but I meant more in general of the ridiculous crap he pulls. Someone at least should be able to one up him on something other than intelligence. Even when he lost the float unit to Tohdoh, because he wasn't paying attention, he still managed to kick off the armor on Tohdoh's arm.
Old 2008-07-31, 22:57   Link #3595
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
She almost always ties him, this is true, but I meant more in general of the ridiculous crap he pulls. Someone at least should be able to one up him on something other than intelligence. Even when he lost the float unit to Tohdoh, because he wasn't paying attention, he still managed to kick off the armor on Tohdoh's arm.
Except for episode 24 while in his rage mode when he was able to disable her radiation arm for is arm and in turn was about to kill her until Gawain leered its ugly head, but other than that they've been pretty much even throughout their engagements
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 23:01   Link #3596
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Yes, hence "almost." Back to my original point, it would be nice to see a moment where Suzaku was like "Even I couldn't do that."
Old 2008-07-31, 23:11   Link #3597
raxel
rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
Except for episode 24 while in his rage mode when he was able to disable her radiation arm for is arm and in turn was about to kill her until Gawain leered its ugly head, but other than that they've been pretty much even throughout their engagements
hey hey i think gawain is pretty sick i mean the whole guren thing basically came from that i mean the heat radiation was somewhat like the hadron cannon from the gawain and i forgot where the float system for the guren came from but she took it either from the gawain or the arm of the guren
lol and yes i would also like to see where suzaku is bested :P it'd be pretty funny
raxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 23:12   Link #3598
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Yes, hence "almost." Back to my original point, it would be nice to see a moment where Suzaku was like "Even I couldn't do that."
He did in episode 6, though it was more of a "how could she do that?" moment than anything else also he had bigger things to take care of than to seriously engage her in battle
Old 2008-07-31, 23:12   Link #3599
lovecakecookies

I am guessing that she steals it, but Lloyd probably doesn't worry too much and probably says "only Suzaku can pilot that thing now" then BAM! she proves them wrong...
Old 2008-07-31, 23:13   Link #3600
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxel View Post
hey hey i think gawain is pretty sick i mean the whole guren thing basically came from that i mean the heat radiation was somewhat like the hadron cannon from the gawain and i forgot where the float system for the guren came from but she took it either from the gawain or the arm of the guren
lol and yes i would also like to see where suzaku is bested :P it'd be pretty funny
I would like to see Kallen bested thank you!