Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-06, 11:07   Link #8041
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Yeah well I'd have hoped that atleast in the original they had plans to develop Schneizel, Marianne and Charles. As it stood they are about as shallow as a kiddy pool in terms of development. I am curious as to where they intended to go with Suzaku's geass connection, and whether Kallen's backstory would have gotten her development in the direction of accepting both sides of her blood rather then denying one part of her.
In my opinion, they mushed in Kallen's development towards understanding her own roots somewhere in the time she was captured. Mostly from Nunally, and partly from how the Gino conversation ended. She did not reply to him with 'Kozuki', she replied with Zero. In that her actual allegiance or identity was not tied to her bloodline and which side she picked, but to Lelouch. Further this that she became friends with Nunally, and how she managed to bring up her brother as a way to try and help Lelouch in Ep.19, I'd say they developed her understanding of both sides in a rather unorthodox way but still fit it in there.

As for Suzaku, I doubt his Geass connection would have actually amounted to anything other than a more indepth explanation of what makes someone affiniate with Geass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And now everyone's complaining in one way or another...
Welcome to humanity, check your coat at the door.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:10   Link #8042
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Well, nothing we can do about Charles and Marianne's development now since that is definitely over, but I am still holding some hope that we will get enough Schneizel in the next couple episodes for us to get a good amount of development for him. Hopefully to make up for how bad they botched Charles.
I was more outraged at how they botched Marianne, likely because maybe I was taken in my the breasts , but really because she has been built up on this shining pedestal of all that is holy. Everyone and their mothers worshiped or for some reason and I just thought they could have done more on her character after all that hype as it were.

Well I hope atleast Schneizel does not go the way of the cardboard mustache twirling villain with a doomsday machine and maniacal laugh.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:13   Link #8043
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I was more outraged at how they botched Marianne, likely because maybe I was taken in my the breasts , but really because she has been built up on this shining pedestal of all that is holy. Everyone and their mothers worshiped or for some reason and I just thought they could have done more on her character after all that hype as it were.
Indeed. I don't know what they were thinking there... I still think they could have written around it instead of her returning and getting the same outcome...

Quote:
Well I hope atleast Schneizel does not go the way of the cardboard mustache twirling villain with a doomsday machine and maniacal laugh.
Luckily, that doesn't appear to be very in character for Schneizel... But if they somehow screw it up and do something like that (or give him Geass) I will break something in rage.... <.<
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:14   Link #8044
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Luckily, that doesn't appear to be very in character for Schneizel... But if they somehow screw it up and do something like that (or give him Geass) I will break something in rage.... <.<
Uh oh, looks like even your support for the plot is starting to run aground.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:15   Link #8045
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Uh oh, looks like even your support for the plot is starting to run aground.
I think that something I break will be Var's face too.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:17   Link #8046
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
In my opinion, they mushed in Kallen's development towards understanding her own roots somewhere in the time she was captured. Mostly from Nunally, and partly from how the Gino conversation ended. She did not reply to him with 'Kozuki', she replied with Zero. In that her actual allegiance or identity was not tied to her bloodline and which side she picked, but to Lelouch. Further this that she became friends with Nunally, and how she managed to bring up her brother as a way to try and help Lelouch in Ep.19, I'd say they developed her understanding of both sides in a rather unorthodox way but still fit it in there.

As for Suzaku, I doubt his Geass connection would have actually amounted to anything other than a more indepth explanation of what makes someone affiniate with Geass.
Good point, and we have seen her more accepting of Britannians largely thanks to her association with the Student council, and I'd like to credit Lelouch for dragging her in to the activities for the class as well in the haunted house thing. But I was more interested in her development with her Britannian side particularly accepting her Stadtfeld name and perhaps what her father did for her and perhaps even being grateful enough to use Stadtfeld as well as Kozuki as her name.

Well I was wondering about his supposedly supernatural reflexes and how that would come into play. Oh well no point in wondering about that now.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:17   Link #8047
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Lost beyond words its almost here and the time for destiny is soon

*puts on kalulu gear*

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:21   Link #8048
Kusaja

Of those three, I have far more problems with Marianne too, because she barely lasted two episodes before being sent out of the way, than with Charles or Schneizel really.

Quote:
That will have to do, but a lot of people were also hoping to see the issue of her father come up during her captivity...that would have been more interesting than the whole Refrain and Suzaku beat 'em up sideshow, I'd think, as well as Gino's whole conversation. The Nunnally bits were fine as is.

Quote:
That was more or less what I was expecting too, but hopefully we eventually get more information about the original plans at some point, to put some of these speculations to rest or confirm them outright.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:21   Link #8049
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Oh, and I can't wait to hear the cries of outrage and the 'I'm dropping this series' statements if Kallen doesn't get a good resolution...since many a viewer seems to be watching the show just for that to happen.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:23   Link #8050
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Oh, and I can't wait to hear the cries of outrage and the 'I'm dropping this series' statements if Kallen doesn't get a good resolution...since many a viewer seems to be watching the show just for that to happen.
if it does happen what would you do?
Anyways this is simply not true this is just disruptors jargon.
Thus way to generalize!
WOuld you like me to lump all Cc fans with DAnn?
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:25   Link #8051
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Good resolution does not have to be romantic.

Blowing up in her Knightmare to protect Lelouch for instance...that would leave a lot to be desired. I mean, she was ready to that in the second episode of the season. We have seen that she is willing to do that several times. I think that would be a pretty unsatisfying end for her.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:25   Link #8052
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Quote:
My reasons for Code Geass

1. Character development but at season 2 it went to Kalulu
2. Geass plot and Lelouch's battles and determination for his sister.
3. Mecha fights I love Debut episode due to hax power.
4. Its like watching a empire movie in a anime with all imperial clothes.

o.o

Old 2008-09-06, 11:25   Link #8053
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Dann's a special case. But all of a sudden many a Kallen fan is abruptly pissed at the show because now they're all predicting that Kallen will be botched.

And I wouldn't care, because I care more for the plot myself.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:25   Link #8054
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
That will have to do, but a lot of people were also hoping to see the issue of her father come up during her captivity...that would have been more interesting than the whole Refrain and Suzaku beat 'em up sideshow, I'd think, as well as Gino's whole conversation. The Nunnally bits were fine as is.
I agree with you really, that the entire Gino conversation could have been thrown out and replaced with her thinking about her family. It could have even been tied to Nunally and how kind she was, making Kallen rethink her own family. But instead we got a picture show. Given, though, that the picture show will likely be why Kallen understands Suzaku and Lelouch working together. But that, still, could have been done with less than three seconds of screen time and by Nunally talking about them as being friends.

And... again... this brings us full circle to just how inconsequential and pointless Gino's character is.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:47   Link #8055
zalem

Quote:
Nah, while I do hope for a good resolution to Kallen's story I am in this series for Lelouch's story more than anything else.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:50   Link #8056
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Nah, while I do hope for a good resolution to Kallen's story I am in this series for Lelouch's story more than anything else.
This is the truth. Hence "Lelouch of the Rebellion," not "Kallen of the Rebellion"
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:52   Link #8057
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I'm aware. But still others are, essentially, saying, 'If Kallen doesn't get something good out of this, that's it'.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:53   Link #8058
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Dann's a special case. But all of a sudden many a Kallen fan is abruptly pissed at the show because now they're all predicting that Kallen will be botched.

And I wouldn't care, because I care more for the plot myself.
Agreed, the series will not deteriorate in quality if Lelouch doesn't end up with her or C.C., there are much bigger things fish to fry like SAVING THE WORLD!!!
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 11:53   Link #8059
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Gah this is not the end of the world I'm hardcore Kalulu and I don't think its the end x.x

Lancelot Albion vs Bismark!

Old 2008-09-06, 11:53   Link #8060
eaglei3

Quote:
I'm aware. But still others are, essentially, saying, 'If Kallen doesn't get something good out of this, that's it'.
Yea, I know. I just see that as funny. If I said this line for a certain character in every anime I watched, I don't think I would have completed watching many anime...
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote