Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-30, 23:00   Link #5941
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Spoiler for Further Speculation:
Well if Mars is uninhabitable then they would be desperate to move to earth, the whole point of Chao's plan was to make this possible by removing the distrust normal people would have against magic.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 23:05   Link #5942
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Spoiler for Further Speculation:
Spoiler for speculation:

So... Cosmo Entelecheia. The Eternal Garden. Interesting that this Zazie would have a card that could invoke it.

Spoiler for some 297 and maybe 298 stuff:

Anyway, will someone please rescue Asuna and Anya already? I'm getting quite tired of them not being with the group. Asuna especially has about 50 chapters worth of screentime to catch up on. As the primary female character, regular appearances are part of her contract. And no, Luna doesn't count towards that.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 23:06   Link #5943
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Spoiler for Hmmm...:
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 23:19   Link #5944
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Well if Mars is uninhabitable then they would be desperate to move to earth, the whole point of Chao's plan was to make this possible by removing the distrust normal people would have against magic.
I actually speculate the opposite:
Spoiler for casus belli:
Old 2010-07-31, 09:59   Link #5945
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Makie's Guideline to happiness: Take everything in stride

Chisame's Guideline to happiness: Throw away all that pent up anger by criticizing everything

Spoiler for Amusing Chisane:
A(nother) dig at Ken's fans, as he so loves to do. Think about it. Chisame's a card-carrying Netizen, and what makes your average Forum Rat happier than bitching and moaning at every little thing? Chisame's already in her own personal paradise...
Spoiler for 298:
Old 2010-07-31, 13:25   Link #5946
ErianMyra
Asylum Escapee

This may or may not be off-topic, but I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO note that the pages of discussion have now synchronized with the chapter number.
ErianMyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 14:22   Link #5947
typhonsentra

What the hell is going on in Akira's dream? Who is the blocked out person in between her and Negi? Kotaro? Why's he erased if it is him?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 14:39   Link #5948
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

When Negima hits the big 300, they better be some Asuna screen time. Her being the main female character is becoming an informed position...
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 14:32   Link #5949
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
When Negima hits the big 300, they better be some Asuna screen time. Her being the main female character is becoming an informed position...
For that matter,
Spoiler:

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2010-08-01 at 16:01.
TnAdct1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 21:28   Link #5950
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
For that matter,
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Of course, if Asuna could only control her powers consciously, she could probably end this whole mess by herself. Leaving aside the fact that it may be her power that's causing the disruption, most (if not all) of the enemy are not human. Which means she could erase them... if she only knew how.
Old 2010-08-01, 21:54   Link #5951
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Asuna was the lead for a while whos to say things can't change, they already did and the flows been nice with the whole fake Asuna thing. were obviously going to be seeing her soon seeing how when they crashed they saw Anya and Asuna with Fate theres. But by chapter 300? No were gonna catch glimpses maybe of a commotion going on up where Fate is on the top lvl but the others are gonna have to fight there ways up to the boss probably gonna be the same negi party vs fate group pairing as we say in Ostia. So I'm guessing after the those fights we might be on chapter 306 or something then maybe get to Asuna.

Seems likely doesn't it?
Old 2010-08-01, 21:55   Link #5952
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Asuna was the lead for a while whos to say things can't change, they already did and the flows been nice with the whole fake Asuna thing. were obviously going to be seeing her soon seeing how when they crashed they saw Anya and Asuna with Fate theres. But by chapter 300? No were gonna catch glimpses maybe of a commotion going on up where Fate is on the top lvl but the others are gonna have to fight there ways up to the boss probably gonna be the same negi party vs fate group pairing as we say in Ostia. So I'm guessing after the those fights we might be on chapter 306 or something then maybe get to Asuna.

Seems likely doesn't it?
Asuna is still the lead and as much as some of the fans of the girls like to change, Asuna will stay the lead.
Old 2010-08-01, 22:41   Link #5953
Random Wanderer

Asuna being lead girl in no way diminishes the other girls. There are LOTS of primary characters in Negima. I'd name them, but just off the top of my head I'm coming up with over a dozen, and I'm quite sure the number will jump much higher once I start really thinking about it.

Just because Asuna is the lead, I'm not saying she's the destined one for Negi, or the person the whole plot will always revolve around, or anything like that (although, amusingingly, we're finally in a story arc where the plot does revolve around her, and she's barely made an appearance! ). The Nodoka and/or Yue pairing with Negi still has good potential, as do several other pairings. And lots of the other girls have gotten focus and plot/character development, so they aren't suffering there.

I'm not even saying Asuna has to be in every chapter. I'm just saying that only having one appearance in FIFTY chapters is pushing it a bit.
Old 2010-08-01, 22:51   Link #5954
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I do agree not seeing her for a long time was annoying me but Luna did do a decent fill in for her and yes she does count until we started wondering why her powers were going all hay wire.
Old 2010-08-02, 03:32   Link #5955
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Asuna being lead girl in no way diminishes the other girls. There are LOTS of primary characters in Negima. I'd name them, but just off the top of my head I'm coming up with over a dozen, and I'm quite sure the number will jump much higher once I start really thinking about it.

Just because Asuna is the lead, I'm not saying she's the destined one for Negi, or the person the whole plot will always revolve around, or anything like that (although, amusingingly, we're finally in a story arc where the plot does revolve around her, and she's barely made an appearance! ). The Nodoka and/or Yue pairing with Negi still has good potential, as do several other pairings. And lots of the other girls have gotten focus and plot/character development, so they aren't suffering there.

I'm not even saying Asuna has to be in every chapter. I'm just saying that only having one appearance in FIFTY chapters is pushing it a bit.
*waves Yue flag while using Nodoka flag for a tablecloth* What?

But seriously, the lack of Asuna (the real one) is kinda wack.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 06:22   Link #5956
GreatTeacherKen

I used to be sure that Asuna was the female lead of the series. After all, she generally gets the most focus in the early chapters, but ever since Shiori 'replaced' Asuna, I'm a bit unsure. Actually, I'm not sure if there really is a specific female lead, it's more like an ensemble with characters taking turns in the spotlight.

That being said, I'm sure she'll get more focus later, likely after this arc is over with.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 21:33   Link #5957
Random Wanderer

Ooh, the phrasing in chapter 297 (assuming it's translated correctly) is a magnificent callback to the very beginning of the manga. "A little courage is the real magic." And so it is the key. Not only to escape the Eternal Garden, but to change the future: to make their dreams become real, all they need is a little courage. It's a message I've worried this manga has forgotten as time has gone by.

Now, let us see what is to come.
Old 2010-08-02, 21:43   Link #5958
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

I dunno, I thought it took real courage to go up against Rakan, and for Nodoka to outsmart Dynamis. Also when Ako was ready to give all her rights away to protect "Nagi" and all of these were fairly important in carrying on the plot.

I don't think it has been forgotten i just think people have been less vocal about it.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 22:29   Link #5959
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
I dunno, I thought it took real courage to go up against Rakan, and for Nodoka to outsmart Dynamis. Also when Ako was ready to give all her rights away to protect "Nagi" and all of these were fairly important in carrying on the plot.

I don't think it has been forgotten i just think people have been less vocal about it.
The fight with Rakan was about ridiculous training and superspells and hax. So very much not the right sort of message at all. Ako and Nodoka, on the other hand, I will accept your point for. But Negi has been focused for so long on becoming more and more powerful that I think HE had forgotten the message, even though he was the one who first said it back in chapter 1. More magic, more power to solve the problem, but that shouldn't be the answer at all.

That, however, was not really the point of my comment. First, I love it when something makes references like this back to earlier chapters, especially if it can take something from all the way back in the beginning, so very long ago that odds are most people don't remember it in detail. Second, I find it delightfully ironic that this phrase, which Negi has been told all his life is "the real magic" is really the key to this dreamland... to this perfect prison. And it makes me wonder if someone knew so long ago that something like this might happen...
Old 2010-08-02, 22:33   Link #5960
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Oh so it's nostalgia and irony, sorry I understand now. I take the point about insane powerups and hax though.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy