AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-14, 02:07   Link #1
Akamu
"The Fearless One"

Action/Romance Animes ( No sad endings! )

I'm just looking for suggestions for anime's with a lot of action/fighting and some romance, but none of that," They fall in love and one dies" I just hate that stuff -.-

So...any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 2008-01-14, 03:09   Link #2
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hm, I would recommend Rurouni Kenshin, Kaze no Stigma, Elfen Lied, and Chrno Crusade.
Old 2008-01-14, 08:21   Link #3
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hm, I would recommend Rurouni Kenshin, Kaze no Stigma, Elfen Lied, and Chrno Crusade.
Rewind on Chrono Crusade.

Spoiler for last I checked:
Old 2008-01-14, 14:20   Link #4
Saleh
Inactive

Seconding Rurouni Kenshin(TV series). Elfen Lied didn't have a happy ending either.

Perhaps Claymore, Noir, Shakugan no Shana I & II, Mai-Otome, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Trinity Blood, Get Backers, Tsubasa Chronicle, Angelic Layer, Murder Princess, Mai-Hime, Rozen Maiden, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Season I, II & III), Erementar Gerad... All of them have happy ending.
Old 2008-01-14, 14:39   Link #5
Akamu
"The Fearless One"

Thanks..and yeah, no clue how Chrono Crusade wasn't sad, it was almost the first time I cried. I'll take a look at a few of those, I've seen quite a few as it is. Rurouni Kenshin was a great series, although the ending left something to be desired with all of the hints...but the action made up for it.
Old 2008-01-14, 16:22   Link #6
EternalSin

seconding Claymore, Shakugan No Shana 1 n 2, Tsubasa Chronicles, Rozen Maiden and Elemental Gelade

Suggesting: Zero No Tsukaima 1 and 2, DN Angel, Busou Renkin

Also X, Fate Stay Night and Sola are awesome with the exception that the endings are bittersweet and tragic.
Old 2008-01-14, 16:45   Link #7
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Time for yuri

Blue drop ~Tenshitachi no Gikyoku~ (This is some-what bittersweet)

Simoun
Old 2008-01-14, 16:47   Link #8
Akamu
"The Fearless One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalSin View Post
seconding Claymore, Shakugan No Shana 1 n 2, Tsubasa Chronicles, Rozen Maiden and Elemental Gelade

Suggesting: Zero No Tsukaima 1 and 2, DN Angel, Busou Renkin

Also X, Fate Stay Night and Sola are awesome with the exception that the endings are bittersweet and tragic.
I love both those animes until I saw the ending, it was just too sad. I really don't like the overall story line for Fate Stay Night, the whole time traveling thing is really touchy.

And when I said Romance, I meant straight romance please.

Now that I think about it, I'm rather picky on my animes. XD
Old 2008-01-14, 16:52   Link #9
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Sorry, totally misread the title or something. That post was at 1 o'clock in the morning lol.
Old 2008-01-14, 17:22   Link #10
Akamu
"The Fearless One"

I don't mind, the first two were awesome Animes that I've already watched..the second two I hated because of the endings..I don't like watching sad animes, I feel like crap the rest of the week.
Old 2008-01-14, 17:25   Link #11
tbl
Affably Evil

The Rurouni Kenshin TV series didn't really have an ending, then they made an OVA, Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen which was quite sad unlike the manga's ending.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-14, 18:16   Link #12
Akamu
"The Fearless One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
The Rurouni Kenshin TV series didn't really have an ending, then they made an OVA, Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen which was quite sad unlike the manga's ending.
As far as I know it was him giving her a seashell or the other way around..I was dissapointed with the series after they killed shishio.
Old 2008-01-14, 18:26   Link #13
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamu View Post
As far as I know it was him giving her a seashell or the other way around..I was dissapointed with the series after they killed shishio.
It was all filler. I'd suggest reading the third arc in the manga.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-14, 20:20   Link #14
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

If you don't mind mecha, try Vandread and Vandread: The Second Stage. Also mecha, but you can try the Full Metal Panic franchise.
Old 2008-01-14, 20:24   Link #15
Akamu
"The Fearless One"

Thanks everyone, I just found a really good site for finding animes though So I think I can handle it from here. Thank you everyone who helped so far!
Old 2008-01-15, 00:37   Link #16
migus_parvus

Shakugan no Shana and Busuo Renkin both end happily.
Old 2008-01-24, 13:09   Link #17
MamoruUsagi

There are many series where the couples are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship during the series with sex, dating, break ups, lots of kissing, making out in hotel rooms, engagements, marriages, proposals and it shows the couples dating and in a relationship for a long time as a couple.

Wild Act

Couple is dating, having sex, in committed relationship.

Fushigi Yuugi

Fushigi Yugi

In Fushigi Yugi the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a committed relationship. In the manga, the couple has lots of kissing and sex scenes, they get married twice, there are two proposals, two weddings, a marriage and the couple has a child. They get engaged and get married twice.

Ceres Celestial Legend

In the manga, there is lots of kissing, lots of sex and the couple has a baby before getting married. There is making out and sex in hotel rooms.

Sailor Moon has a couple that gets married, is boyfriend and girlfriend and in a four year relationship, dates and is a couple for a long time. They get married, have a child and become king and queen. They are reincarnated lovers from a past life and are dating and in a committed relationship. Lots of kissing and making out. They are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in a relationship for a long time in the series.

Bokura ga Ita
Kare Kano
Mars
Happy Hustle High
Wild Act
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Fushigi Yuugi
Kare First Love
Ultra Maniac
Ceres Celestial Legend
The Devil Does Exist
Paradise Kiss
Absolute Boyfriend
Doubt!
Fushigi Yugi
Missile Happy!
Black Bird
Sensual Phrase
Sailor Moon
Land of the Blindfolded
Punch!
Mermaid Melody

are romance series in general

Wild Act, Fushigi Yuugi, Ceres Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yugi, Sailor Moon, Kare First Love, Happy Hustle High, Mars, The Devil Does Exist, Paradise Kiss, Bokura ga Ita, Ultra Maniac, Mermaid Melody, Sensaul Phrase, Kare Kano, Mars, Akuma De Sourou, Kare First Love, The Devil Does Exist, Punch!, Absolute Boyfriend, Fushigi Yuugi, Missile Happy!, Black Bird, Land of the Blindfolded

have couples that are boyfriend and girlfriend and dating and in relationships that have sex, date, have lots of kissing scenes, get engaged, get married, have kids.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-07-26 at 14:33.
Old 2008-01-24, 17:17   Link #18
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I have to agree with the other two people, that suggested the Tsubasa Chronicle. It has points where it can pull at the heartstrings, but overall, I think we'll get a happy ending, especially if OVAs or a third season is released. Its worth mentioning, that the series gets much better over time, the first two story arcs are the hardest to get through, in my opinion.
Old 2008-01-26, 10:29   Link #19
Noir_

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
this are all good, I like chrono crusades ending its was touching
Old 2008-01-26, 10:30   Link #20
Noir_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamu View Post
Thanks everyone, I just found a really good site for finding animes though So I think I can handle it from here. Thank you everyone who helped so far!
what site would that be?
Closed Thread