Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-12, 10:04   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
looking for "at-odds"??? manga

As the title says, I'm looking for a certain type of manga. Don't know if there is actually a proper word to use for it, but its basically the type where, out of two main protaganists(mostly one girl and one guy), "one" hates the "other" while the "other" likes the "one". Good examples of this would be Kaichou wa Maid-sama and Zettai Heiwa Daisakusen. Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 2008-06-13, 01:58   Link #2
jedinat

I'm watching the anime right now; you might take a look at Itazura na Kiss. My vague memory tells me the art of the manga was pretty rough, so you might want to watch it rather than read it. The female protagonist has unrequited feelings for the male lead. He treats her quite coldly quite consistently, though he seems to be gradually warming up to her.

Watashi no Ookami-san - A brief, hilarious fantasy comedy. The female lead is a dirt-poor level 0 "hero." The male lead is the demon king, enemy of all heroes, and in love with her. (he has a small door installed and left unlocked in his demon fortress specifically for her use when she comes on her quests to slay him... one of the funniest manga ever, lol)
Old 2008-06-13, 06:10   Link #3
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I'd suggest Urusei Yatsura. It is old but good, if I recall correctly it was the grandfather of the modern harm. The same manga creator--Rumiko Takahashi would go on to do Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha. The female protagonist, Lum, is in love with the protagonist male, Ataru, but the male...is the typical unfaithful male that would rather other people--though he's not completely unlikable. This serious has a large amount of randomness as well. It is kindly considered by many viewers and I've heard it even replayed the anime itself even replayed in re-runs that is something...unheard of.

Closed Thread