Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-04, 13:02   Link #4681
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
So, if Fate wins, the Quarterfinals will have..
Fate- former champ (17th J Saimoe match)
Nagi- former runner up (19th J Saimoe match)
Shana- former semifinalist (19th J Saimoe match)
Azu-nyan-block finalist (8th J Saimoe match)
KoroMOE- former quarterfinalist (9th J Saimoe match)
Nodocchi- former semifinalist (10th J Saimoe Match)
Ya Ma Da, and Mafuyu first timers
Fate was runnerup in 2006 not the champ.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:04   Link #4682
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
So, if Fate wins, the Quarterfinals will have..
Fate- former champ (16th J Saimoe match)
Nagi- former runner up (18th J Saimoe match)
Shana- former semifinalist (18th J Saimoe match)
Azu-nyan-block finalist (8th J Saimoe match)
KoroMOE- former quarterfinalist (9th J Saimoe match)
Nodocchi- former semifinalist (10th J Saimoe Match)
Ya Ma Da, and Mafuyu first timers
Why old one keep getting stronger and not let new one rise this time
Old 2010-10-04, 13:04   Link #4683
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Fixed, I got her and Nanoha mixed up It just worked out that way this time. Typically it is split pretty evenly between repeat and new characters. Well in any case, we still have not had a repeat winner (won't this year either). Nanoha has come the closest, getting back to the semifinals in 2007 after winning in 2005. DESU made it to quarterfinals in 07 after winning in 06
Old 2010-10-04, 13:06   Link #4684
SilveRR

Looks like we'll finally have a predictable match
Old 2010-10-04, 13:15   Link #4685
Kit-Tsukasa

Looks like we finally have another good saimoe after two or even three years in the slumps. Although I'm displeased with Nodoka still looking as strong as ever and Yamada taking out Tenshi a few days ago, I'm really happy that Azunyan pulled it off here. Hopefully that anti-votes don't come back to bite her later though, because if anything I'd say the biggest threat currently in the quarterfinals is Mafuyu. To take out Yui-nyan, Senjougahara, Hinagiku, and Saki as if they were nothing reminds me of the dark horse Miyako from 2008 that ended up screwing 90% of the matches over. Hopefully she is just a mere pawn like Miyako is/was.

As of current standings I'm for 4 (B, C, D, G) for 7 in terms of favorites by block...Hopefully Fate wins today so that we can have one heck of a one-on-one tournament. It's basically 2006 + 2007 mixed into one at that point. If it comes down to it, I'm hoping Azunyan wins it all as I've been supporting her since the beginning.

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:18   Link #4686
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Few more days to go and its ready to MoEble in SaiMoe. Featuring new participants such as Hitagi and Nadeko from Bakemonogatari, Kanade "Tenshi" Tachibana and Yurippe from Angel Beats, Poplar and Aoi from Working!!. There are lot of returnees as well. Don't forget those Hanamaru Kindergarten girls that reallys give me a good sign to start this year.

I can't call Anri Sonohara moe.........

Will my favorite Hinagiku Katsura until Nadeko Sengohara replaces her as my current favorite steals a win this year or one of the Kyo-AniMe girls bags this one?

My predicted top eight (in a random order) for Japan Anime Saimoe 2010

1. Kanade - Angel Beats eliminated Block E finals
2. Yui - K-ON !! eliminated Second Round
3. Nadeko - Bakemonogatari eliminated Block A finals
3. Yuki Nagato version 2.0 - Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (both of them deserves to be at the no.3 spot) eliminated Second Round
4. Rin Tosaka - FateXStayXNight Unlimited Blade Works (I miss this character a lot..) eliminated Round 1
5. Yuri - Angel Beats eliminated Round 1
6. Hinagiku - Hayate no Gotoku Second Season eliminated Round 1
7. Azusa - K-ON!! moved on into final eight

8. Hitagi - Bakemonogatari its actually 9, but I want to get her in. eliminated Block F Finals
I'm sad there is no space for Working!! in my predicted top eight plus one...Poplar eliminated Second Round

Hayate no Gotoku will have its 3rd season which has the "........." epic arc.
Finally my sole surviving favorite (with nine of my favorites eliminated, during round 1 ) have made it into final eight. Omedetto Azunyan and its the first Saimoe battle that reach 1000+ votes this year with only around 20+ lead against the Juggernaut Biribiri despite the almighty fake voters lurking around. Good thing K-ON fanbase made a right choice and go for Azunyan instead of making a split vote towards Mio Akiyama.

As for the final block pick goes to Fate-chan. Go for it.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:18   Link #4687
jorez
but the kid is not my son

Send a message via MSN to jorez
Hahaha.
Hahahaha
HAHAHAHAHA

WHAT SPLIT VOTE! I guess elevens can vote properly for once in their lifetime. Pleased with Azusa's victory, with the feeling that she would've done better if Mio wasn't on her final bracket. Now onto the best eight. Azusa has everything to go to the grand final. Come on now.

Old 2010-10-04, 13:34   Link #4688
Kit-Tsukasa

Quote:
Nanoha has come the closest, getting back to the semifinals in 2007 after winning in 2005. DESU made it to quarterfinals in 07 after winning in 06
Nanoha made it only to Quarters in 2007. She lost to Rena 1474 - 1436

Desu did not make it to quarters in 2007. Top 16 =/= Quarterfinals. Top 8 = Quarterfinals. Top 4 = Semifinals.
Regardless, Nanoha, Nagi, Shana, Louise, and Desu have been the most consistent repeats so far. One could even add on Azunyan to that list now. Rika on the other hand....

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:35   Link #4689
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

also of note is that we have the most diverse Top Eight ever (insofar as series representatives are concerned) since 2006. ah, the good times.
Old 2010-10-04, 14:03   Link #4690
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
also of note is that we have the most diverse Top Eight ever (insofar as series representatives are concerned) since 2006. ah, the good times.
Facts
Not quite with two of the Saki powerhouse still around in Nodocchi and Koromo.
Every finalist is short except for Nodocchi.
If Fate wins block H finals, this would be one hell of a loli Saimoe fight. (Again with the exception of Nodocchi)

Other notable contestants

Mafuyu of Seitokai no Ichizon - VA not well known (not even added in wiki), good in Play Station Portable, writing BL and Yaoi stuff, have a huge memory of online and RPG games.

Nagi of Hayate no Gotoku - Rie Kugimiya, 99% Otaku mind, 1% moeness, Loves to abuse Hayate (also shown in episode 05 of Second Season), works only once in her life time (episode 21 of second season), depends too much on Maria. (No need to mention Miss Flame Haze despite her return with the OVA alternate world/spin off/whatever, since they represent only one VA)

Yamada of Working!! - Ryo Hirahashi (She is the voice actor of my past favorite Tamaki Kawazoe of Bamboo Blade) , Knows how to play M as she wants to be. Feels like Doraemon Girl as she has wide arrange of equipments and even cross dressing items. Its still a mystery how can she live like that in the Restaurant. If there is a best to be imouto award she deserves it despite having no brother.

Azunyan of K-ON!! - Ayana Taketatsu (I like her recent role as Kirino Kosaka, evenreminds me of a certain Bamboo Blade character's name except it has teacher fetish), won't bother to mention anything aside from multiple glares towards her, she need to maintain focus despite the future problems (being a loner, with her gang graduated, the upcoming movie might give her some light of hope.)
Old 2010-10-04, 14:08   Link #4691
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Fumino is trying to not get bussed. Guess Overrun characters have a dedicated fanbase to some extent.
Old 2010-10-04, 14:17   Link #4692
00andz00
-.-'

147 votes Fete
109 votes Saten-san
61 votes Nyaa~

hey, level 0 trying to catch up /go
Old 2010-10-04, 14:20   Link #4693
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post

zZz @ Fate dull.

Though I've ntoiced it's always the ones who like the extreme tsunderes who call Fate dull. Must be a preference thing.
I like my characters' personallities to be vibrant and colorful. For example, I like Nanoha and, retroactively, I wish she beat Shana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
try A's

the original series could be put down as a 1st half character introduction Eps.
I'll get to that next. I've already heard that A's is the good part of Nanoha. I don't think my opinion of Fate will change too much from A's, but I'll keep an open mind.
Old 2010-10-04, 14:20   Link #4694
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Actually, she was really close to Fate 30minutes in, and then the gap started to increase.

Though Fate did have her largest % lead 10 minutes in.

Quote:
I like my characters' personallities to be vibrant and colorful. For example, I like Nanoha and, retroactively, I wish she beat Shana.
It just means you don't like kuuderes. I bet you think the same of Yuki and Tomoyo.

Either way, she has more personality to her in A's. Y'know, once she's no longer being a victim of abuse.

Would be extremely awkward and unrealistic for her to act all colorful in S1 considering the circumstances.
Old 2010-10-04, 14:35   Link #4695
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I love this Nanoha A's AMV (NSFW, some transformation nudity)
Spoiler for Kanon spoiler, and minor Nanoha A's spoilers:
Old 2010-10-04, 14:46   Link #4696
imbehindyou
turn around...

It's no surprise that Fate seems so dull in S1; because Nanoha S1 itself was rather boring. Then you get to A's and the fun kicks in.

On topic: I get 403 Forbidden yay.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2010-10-04, 14:49   Link #4697
nicky_008
Fate-Chan FC

Today will be the another one hell day of saimoe 2010 (SFBS). I'm ready for it with UVW. (Unlimited Vote Works haha~ XD)

Now... will Fate-chan (my waifu) be one of the hell-ish saimoe veterans who get twice QF ticket (White Devil, Nagi, Shana, Desu, Louise0, Balsamic, Oppai-chi, Laplace Koromo)?
Old 2010-10-04, 14:52   Link #4698
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post

It just means you don't like kuuderes. I bet you think the same of Yuki and Tomoyo.

Either way, she has more personality to her in A's. Y'know, once she's no longer being a victim of abuse.

Would be extremely awkward and unrealistic for her to act all colorful in S1 considering the circumstances.
"I like vibrant and colorful" was an intentional oversimplification in order to be pithy. My preferences aren't really that simple.

I like Tomoyo (Clannad right?) a lot. My biggest issue with Fate is how she puts up with the abuse and matyrs herself. I really hate that. Yuki is okay, but overrated. I like her more than Fate, for sure.

Satoko was both abused and colorful. I like her.
Old 2010-10-04, 15:02   Link #4699
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
"I like vibrant and colorful" was an intentional oversimplification in order to be pithy. My preferences aren't really that simple.

I like Tomoyo (Clannad right?) a lot. My biggest issue with Fate is how she puts up with the abuse and matyrs herself. I really hate that. Yuki is okay, but overrated. I like her more than Fate, for sure.

Satoko was both abused and colorful. I like her.
lol well no point going back and forth. Just difference in what we find appealing.

I'll just end it saying...She's only 9, and just wants her mother to accept her. It's not about being a martyr. Do typical children IRL fight abuse? No, they accept it. Until 1.) they're old enough to know better or 2.) The police... Some never recover entirely.

meh, maybe when you know everything about the situation you'll understand.

Being abused and colorful is fake. Just can't see the appeal.
Old 2010-10-04, 15:03   Link #4700
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Hmm, isn't she her husband?

Tags
2010, saimoe