Old 2010-10-04, 22:38   Link #4721
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

lol 9 foreign votes for Mio.

Also, way to be one one-sided. :|
Old 2010-10-04, 23:16   Link #4722
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Something tells me Saten is getting a bunch of fakes as her line is virtually a perfect slope.
Old 2010-10-04, 23:40   Link #4723
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Sadly, I think it's Fate that's getting all the fakes.

I don't even think she's leading.

I mean, unless Saten is being stashed with a handful of fake-votes every hour.
Old 2010-10-04, 23:46   Link #4724
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Will the Fake Vote Victims Club welcome a new member today? If so, who will be that new member? This is getting very interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Fumino is trying to not get bussed. Guess Overrun characters have a dedicated fanbase to some extent.
And try she did. The bus has caught up with her though, because there is no running from the inevitable bus of doom. There is no escape.
Fumino is pretty much overrun now that everyone seems to have forgotten her at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Yes, I am implying what you are thinking.
Don't look at me, I'm innocent.
Old 2010-10-04, 23:46   Link #4725
rblox

Quote:
Sadly, I think it's Fate that's getting all the fakes.

I don't even think she's leading.
I have to agree. While I still expect Fate to advance, her supporters will need to get aggressive here.
Old 2010-10-05, 00:09   Link #4726
nicky_008
Fate-Chan FC

A little worry about Feito-chan but it's controllable situation.

I think both Saten and Feito-chan have some fake votes but in the first few hours, Feito leaded Saten in many votes (40+). So this is still be acceptable (for who really like to vote Feito-chan) now.

I don't like to judge who will win in the rush hour votes (from my long experience in saimoe). Instead, judge from the difference votes in each hours is more precise (or best).
Old 2010-10-05, 00:16   Link #4727
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

That was certainly an interesting match to watch, and while it may seem like Azusa's the favourite to win now, I wouldn't be too sure of that. After all, the contestant with the highest vote count in a single match in 2007 didn't exactly do too well in the end if I recall correctly.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2010-10-05, 00:30   Link #4728
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
2006. The year Yuki was fresh. She so could have won the whole thing. But she didn't.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-10-05, 00:49   Link #4729
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

has anyone with the highest Vote count ever won?
Old 2010-10-05, 00:57   Link #4730
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
has anyone with the highest Vote count ever won?
So far the only times where the winner did not get the highest vote count was 2003 and 2007. However, the catch is that most of the times the highest vote count occurred during the finals, so nobody can really predict who will ultimately get the highest vote count until it's all over.

Even the girls want her...
Old 2010-10-05, 01:01   Link #4731
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

And there goes Fate's lead.

Expecting to wake up tomm. in disappointment, orz.

/sleeps
Old 2010-10-05, 01:01   Link #4732
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
I watch anime for the fantasy elements, but I fully condone realistic characterization.
Nanoha and Fate don't act anything like realistic 9-year-olds. Watch Kyou no Go no Ni for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Something tells me Saten is getting a bunch of fakes as her line is virtually a perfect slope.
From what I've seen, it's the spikes that usually mean fake votes, not the slopes.
Old 2010-10-05, 02:26   Link #4733
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmmm.

So there are Less than 400 foreign voters (or there were more before the ban hammer fell during and after that match)? I know I have been able to vote with the aux thread until the Mikoto/Azusa/Mio match where I got 403 all day at the code generator. Since people outside Japan vote at a different time than the main Japanese thrusts, It could be the bulk decided the Azusa and Mikoto were ahead by a bit and thus to save either Mio had to fail here (as oppose to being assassinated last year). Also having just won in ISML, in which I assume most of those people also participate to an extent, Mio had won a tournement, thus didn't need to prove anything anymore. Though there was a chance (slim) to go for the triple crown to best Taiga and Desu's double crown wins.

The K-ON fans tend to like both Mio and Azusa (and Yui) at the same levels. The trick was to figure out who to support. The thought a year ago would have been Mio. Now after having most of a season based on how lonely Azusa will be with her seniors gone...the table has turned somewhat.

Also there is the Japanese trend to like Tsundere lolis more than scared busty girls (as seen by the results related to Mikuru in the past...Unless used against Kagami....than burned at the stake against a split vote between Ami and Taiga of all things).

So we will get to see if Azusa has a big target painted on her back in the Finals, or if others have bigger targets painted on them based on eariler match results. (or in Nodoka's case, two large ones on her chest)
Old 2010-10-05, 03:39   Link #4734
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Nanoha and Fate don't act anything like realistic 9-year-olds. Watch Kyou no Go no Ni for that.

Already have. Well, Fate's realistic to me in her reaction to things. And it's also the difference between comparing a child in a slice-of-life comedy to one in a mahou shoujo. Because of the fantasy elements of Mahou Shoujo there is no way to make a character entirely realistic, but I think they made a nice attempt at it.

________
Fate is toast. I dunno why she's getting so few votes, but there is no hope for her.
http://ranobe.sakura.ne.jp/src/up66959.png

Well, barring she doesn't have a huge last hr. rush...Though Fate hasn't had much rushing power in her previous matches.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-10-05 at 03:58.
Old 2010-10-05, 04:15   Link #4735
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Oh right, I was discussing Saimoe somewhere else and decided to check the data mining for yesterday.

Total
Azusa 1052
Mikoto 1026
Mio 172

Y codes (most of foreign votes)
Azusa 240
Mikoto 101
Mio 9

Yes, I am implying what you are thinking.
BIRI-BIRI COULDVE WON?!?! DAMN YOU FOREIGN VOTERS! (wait I'm a foreign voter)
This is kinda like the 2007 finals wherein foreign votes decided the match. I HAVE NOW LOST ALL MY BANNER CHARACTERS. I ATE MY CHAIR YESTERDAY. I guess i'll root for Azu-nyan to win.
Old 2010-10-05, 05:32   Link #4736
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

It is kind of ridiculous how much foreigners sided with Azusa. I wonder if the foreign votes are scattered, or most comes from a particular country.
Old 2010-10-05, 06:31   Link #4737
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Fate is toast. I dunno why she's getting so few votes, but there is no hope for her.
http://ranobe.sakura.ne.jp/src/up66959.png

Well, barring she doesn't have a huge last hr. rush...Though Fate hasn't had much rushing power in her previous matches.
Wait what? That's a very different graph to what I've been looking at. Just updated the link for ando's tracker on the wiki since nobody else did it.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2010-10-05, 06:47   Link #4738
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Wait what? That's a very different graph to what I've been looking at. Just updated the link for ando's tracker on the wiki since nobody else did it.
A random guy in 2ch who just happened to get Nanoha-Shana right back then apparently.

Signs do point to Fate having more fakes, but their last hour rushes are annoyingly strong.

Never forget
Old 2010-10-05, 07:15   Link #4739
nicky_008
Fate-Chan FC

Seem they know what important to do in the last hours now.

Hate rush hour and fake vote.
Old 2010-10-05, 08:05   Link #4740
hinakatbklyn

Since Fumino was already out of contention and without the railgun to lead the charge, it would be a matter of time before Fate would win her match against Saten. Instead, I find out Saten is still in the match. It would lead to interesting results (good or bad) to see if Mikoto's inspired match against Azusa gives Saten the motivation and support to get further than she should have.

Tags
2010, saimoe