Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-01-25, 21:21   Link #8341
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I think we've found the perfect fit for our LEO in Dee Ford.
I agree, however, Dee Ford is now on other teams' radar now as well. He is now a borderline first rounder. Lets hope he is there in the second round. Though I am hesitate of not drafting Swanson to be our future center. Maybe we can trade back. Though many draft boards still have us selecting Clowney.

Edit: Actually I take that way back, mock drafts and draft boards been updated. Dee Ford is now a middle first rounder across many boards.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-01-25 at 21:34.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 21:33   Link #8342
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Clowney+Ford would be a revelation. We'd have the best D-Line in the AFC South instantly....maybe even in the league. Like just imagine...Clowney at 5T and Ford at LEO.

But I don't think Ford will shoot up all that much, only a handful of teams will see the value in him because of his size and skillset, and we're one of them. Seattle is the other, but I don't see them drafting a DE in the first round this year especially when they already technically overdrafted Irvin last year. Another team who may like him could be the Packers but I think they go TE in the first round...just knowing them.
Old 2014-01-25, 21:36   Link #8343
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Edit: Actually I take that way back, mock drafts and draft boards been updated. Dee Ford is now a middle first rounder across many boards.
You'd have to show me those mocks. what they're probably not taking into account is that the team has to have the right scheme fit for Ford. The reason he probably did so well with us is because he's a perfect LEO, but only us and Seattle use the LEO concept and as far as pure edge rushing or pass rushing goes, there are better guys more specifically suited to those that can be drafted in the first round than him.
Old 2014-01-25, 21:58   Link #8344
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
You'd have to show me those mocks. what they're probably not taking into account is that the team has to have the right scheme fit for Ford. The reason he probably did so well with us is because he's a perfect LEO, but only us and Seattle use the LEO concept and as far as pure edge rushing or pass rushing goes, there are better guys more specifically suited to those that can be drafted in the first round than him.
I probably spoke too soon, it is just the prospect rankings that has come out. Mock drafts will come tomorrow. However, it is noted that prospect rankings has Dee Ford around 14-19 overall. Many analysts are debating whether is Dee Ford is ahead of Ealy or not.
Old 2014-01-26, 23:06   Link #8345
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

The prowbowl was dope...
Old 2014-01-26, 23:31   Link #8346
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

yeah probowl was actually decent this year. Also, I'm even more sure that Foles is the real thing now, seeing him outside Kelly's system.

tbh I see a lot of Foles in Garoppolo except Garoppolo is more mobile (and shorter but at 6'2'' that doesn't matter that much). Garoppolo could be really good sitting for a while to learn. Clowney+Garoppolo for the Jags please football gods.
Old 2014-01-27, 22:26   Link #8347
Yye1
Wide Right

Ok time for a major SB bet:
I take the Broncos under, Broncos will score first, Sherman will have an interception, Sherman having a taunting penalty and parlaying that with the Jets over the Canadiens, over 28.5 Omahas for Manning, a yellow gatorade bath and that Kimi no Iru Machi ending with Haruto getting back together with Yuzuki who has a kid

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 10:20   Link #8348
GDB

Thank goodness, Castillio isn't going to be the next Ravens OC; Kubiak is! This will either be amazing or a disaster. Most are leaning towards amazing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-29, 12:18   Link #8349
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Can someone explain what is going on in Texas? There is a billboard saying to draft Manziel and there is even a website DraftJohnnyManziel.com.
Old 2014-01-29, 12:26   Link #8350
GDB

Probably because a year or two ago Jerry said that Johnny Football was the greatest QB prospect ever.
Old 2014-01-29, 12:46   Link #8351
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Thank goodness, Castillio isn't going to be the next Ravens OC; Kubiak is! This will either be amazing or a disaster. Most are leaning towards amazing.
The only way I see it being a disaster is if the FO completely ignores the o-line, which obviously won't happen. With that said, a high-upside WR or TE is another priority.
Old 2014-01-30, 00:11   Link #8352
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Who does ASuki have winning on Sunday ? We should have a poll
Old 2014-01-30, 09:19   Link #8353
GDB

Going Broncos, full tilt.
Old 2014-01-30, 13:12   Link #8354
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Caldewell GOAT GM
Old 2014-01-30, 20:22   Link #8355
sky black swordman

I'm going with the Seahawks to win the SB.
Old 2014-01-30, 22:56   Link #8356
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Its very quiet here despite Superbowl weekend is coming very soon. Anyone doing some BBQ before and watching the game like me?
Old 2014-01-30, 23:03   Link #8357
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Going Seahawks! ..... Just love that team, but at the same time I wouldn't mind if Peyton gets a ring.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 23:11   Link #8358
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

As previously stated, I'm really not siding with anyone in this year.

One results allows Peyton to win in Eli's yard to return the favour and even the ring count. The other allows Pete Carroll to achieve what many thought was well beyond him.
Old 2014-01-30, 23:15   Link #8359
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am going for the Seahawks. While Peyton deserves the ring, I really think the Seahawks will win. Despite their dismal offensive performance in the post season, they are getting back guys like Percy Harvin whom I believe will have a good game.

Also, the Seahawks has the best defense. The Broncos have weapons, but I think they will be hard press to get open with the secondary of Seattle. As well, Seattle's pass rush is very good.
Old 2014-01-31, 07:32   Link #8360
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Its very quiet here despite Superbowl weekend is coming very soon. Anyone doing some BBQ before and watching the game like me?
Indeed.
Unfortunately, not this year. Due to my dad being stationed overseas in Afghanistan. For the last couple of years, my dad would have BBQ at his place before the game started.

Tags
american football, sports