AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 07:49   Link #31321
greedyspectator

@agetreme
In page 1565, are you posting about IS verse, or real life? Because in real life, especially in the middle east, women are at a disadvantage...

Anyway, I'm just debunking the claim that the male gender will die out. Not true.

@Demi
In order for the electric reactive armor to work, the first and last layer has to be electrically conductive and saturated with electricity. Unless the filing IS electrically conductive... in which case, ignore this post.

Oh, and STF liquid probably will fit. The liquid is not sandwiched within the Vectran, it's doused on the Vectran, just like how a normal shirt will get wet if doused in water. The difference being that the STF liquid is too heavy to evaporate.

PS: And Piezoelectric plates convert kinetic energy to electric energy. Perhaps it is possible to use the kinetic energy from an incoming projectile to recharge the plates?

PSS: Zero is right, the plates can explode inwards due to leftover momentum and kinetic energy from the projectile. This is called spalling. A fourth layer of rubber should negate the spalling, as well as insulate the user from the electricity of the plates (unless you want the user to be electrocuted).
Old 2012-05-25, 07:50   Link #31322
demino_hellsin
That one guy

does charlotte's vent and garm count as light

EDIT: rubber works. I was initially thinkinh titanium though
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 07:57   Link #31323
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What do you mean pry?

He might consider to ask, offhandedly at that, as in, if they said there's no scar, that was an answer he will accept.
Old 2012-05-25, 07:59   Link #31324
Eratas123

Imagine seeing someone you know with a huge jagged scar on their back just before they put their shirt down, so you saw it for just a second. Would you just accept it if they just say "Oh no, you were just imagining."
Old 2012-05-25, 08:07   Link #31325
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Vent is a medium rifle so it'll pierce straight through, Garm however counts, especially the 'cluster' type munition (bullets that pack smaller pellets/darts)

@ Eras
This is Ichika we're talking about (remember M's case? yeah, that), unless you plan to 'fix' Ichika.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:10   Link #31326
greedyspectator

@Demi:
Do you want me to run the math of whether or not your design will work against a .61 Vent Assault Rifle round?

Well, the formula is quite simple, actually:

To calculate projectile piercing: Momentum of Projectile - (Layer 1 relative Mass*UTS + L2 relative mass*UTS + L3 relative Mass*UTS)
Note: UTS stands for Ultimate Tensile Strength, or how much newtons of force can the material withstand without deforming.

To calculate shock damage: (Kinetic energy of Projectile - Electrical Charge by reactive armor)/Spherical Explosion Area
Note: Spherical Explosion area = Pi*r^2
r= Distance between first layer and second layer * Tan (angle of spherical Explosion)

PS: I did a mistake in my calculations a few pages ago. The formula for spherical explosion should be the one above, not r^2/4.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:16   Link #31327
Eratas123

@ Senpai - No, not planning to fix him. I just need to know since he takes a group bath with his male kids in that big hot springs bath in school and sees Kazuma has a huge scar before he quickly drops in the water to hide it. The plan for now is he's curious and tries to outstay Kazuma in the bath.

3 hours later and he leaves since he can't take the heat anymore while Kazuma's not even moving.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:27   Link #31328
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Greedy
Vent rifle I assume has, at least (and that's putting boldly) has the same kE as 30mm Russian autocannon (not the american ones), 370 gram projectile at usual autocannon velocity of 860 m/s. Demi's armor not going to work. Momentum-absorbent filling can only do so much before giving up.

Even if the armor somehow usable, I advise not taking that gamble. This fandom is very, very volatile.

@ Eras
A good snippet I'd say. Ichika might try for alternative method.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:36   Link #31329
Eratas123

Alternative method?

Side note - I made Chifuyu a bit too much an Instructor from Hell Does dunking Ichika's head underwater to simulate a realistic CPR experience count as too mean?
Old 2012-05-25, 08:38   Link #31330
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the filings are magnetized so thy are pretty conductive, you can even take some shrapnel and turn it into part of the first layer. the key is the piezoelectric plate. when the flow reverses, the filings are blown outwards so a small expansion of first layer occurs. the outter layer gets chaffed of in the process. If the force of projectile is strong enough, the electroity pours into the pojectile causing it to disintegrate.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:39   Link #31331
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Well, I can't think of any examples, some method that is not too conspicuous.

Yes, that's too mean even for her. "'For Ichika's future' fuck my ass" level of mean at that.

@ Demi
Wish you luck then.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:41   Link #31332
greedyspectator

@Zero
Oh, I assumed the vent rifle is roughly equivalent to the American 30mm 425 gram projectile at 1070m/s velocity. The same one used for the GAU Avenger Minigun.

Did the numbers. You're right, the armor is unlikely to hold much, unless you can saturate 200 000 volts of electricity to the armor at a constant rate, which is impossible.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:43   Link #31333
Eratas123

How is it any meaner than telling Charlotte to shoot at him?
Old 2012-05-25, 08:46   Link #31334
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Is it plausible to be using the idea of "ghost particles", where by the particle is made up of entirely positive and negative atoms orbiting around a hollow "gravity core" where a nucleus should be?
Old 2012-05-25, 08:47   Link #31335
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Absolute defense duh

Being shot during I.S. training is frankly, less dangerous than dunked into water just because. Ichika taste those bullets on almost daily basis, just this time, without any counter. Ichika not forcibly drown on daily basis (at least, by people that is not Houki or Rin maybe).

On personal level, I still hate that punishment, but drowning him on purpose is plain... gah
Old 2012-05-25, 08:51   Link #31336
Eratas123

Alright, is there an easy way to hold your breath underwater?
Old 2012-05-25, 08:52   Link #31337
demino_hellsin
That one guy

just explaining the finer points of the armor. if it can only survive stray garm shots then that's good enough.

@stratos: the only suh thing I know would be a blackhole or a gravity well :|
Old 2012-05-25, 08:56   Link #31338
greedyspectator

@StratoSpear:
Just my opinion here.

It depends on how much you want to obey physics. But it probably is plausible (notice my tone of being unsure, here) as an idea while still obeying physics.

Since gravity is really just the bending of space around massive objects, you can make the core of the particle a mini neutron star or something of equal density. As long as the gravitational effects of the core allow the positive and negative atoms to orbit around it without problem, it should be okay, although no equivalent particle can be found in real life.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:57   Link #31339
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well I'm thinking of an IS that is able to manipulate charged particles the same way the Mysterious Lady does with water.

Unlike most canon IS units where they are mostly bent on penetrating barriers, the IS in question specializes in barrier attenuation via controlled yet potentially extreme discharging of charged particles. "Potentially" being the key word as its output is variable.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:59   Link #31340
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Take a deep breath, do not let your body move too much and keep your heart rate stable (panicking is not going to help), people often call it 'rock technique' or 'playing dead'. Using efficient amount of air stored in your lungs AND diaphragm, you can hold it as few as 20 second and upward to few minutes if you're well trained.

@ Demi
It could hold few stray shot, but that's about it.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest