AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-04, 18:38   Link #11281
Eratas123

@ Senpai - It could either be a rom-com with older Ichika and younger Chifuyu trying to bond as they deal with their love lives or a more serious story dealing with the IS hierarchy and it's effects on the world at large. What sounds better?
Old 2011-12-04, 18:41   Link #11282
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The second idea is good, except that we still spend most of the time in I.S. academy so the point is rather moot. How about Ichika seeking for a wife because he thought she need a mother figure?
Old 2011-12-04, 18:44   Link #11283
Eratas123

@ Senpai - His candidates are Maya Yamada, Tabane Shinonono, and Natasha Fairs. Do any of these guys seem like good wife material? The problem is I need an overarching plot. Do I just copy paste the novels while replacing Ichika?
Old 2011-12-04, 18:48   Link #11284
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Once again, it's up to you, I think just one or two copypasta chapter is fine if you wish, and the changes is gradual that by the time chapter 5-6 out, the difference is striking yet doesn't break the flow of story. The Original plot can be anything (Chifuyu kidnapped, Phantom Task, shadow-like situation etc), but as I said, looking for social discrepancy in I.S.A. is rather moot.
Old 2011-12-04, 18:53   Link #11285
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Are you alright? The way your typing makes it seem like you're sad or annoyed. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you

Anyway, lets just test the waters first. If readers like it we'll continue it and olan more. If not, then it becomes less of a priority.

Side note - If people were to revolt over the sexism, what do you think they would do and what would happen in the end?
Old 2011-12-04, 18:59   Link #11286
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Are you alright? The way your typing makes it seem like you're sad or annoyed. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you
No, got a slight stomachache and can't think too much due to the complication with migraine... maybe lack of sleep

Quote:
Anyway, lets just test the waters first. If readers like it we'll continue it and olan more. If not, then it becomes less of a priority.
Yup.

Quote:
Side note - If people were to revolt over the sexism, what do you think they would do and what would happen in the end?
At best, great change, at worst, nothing. in Sacred Twins (IF the revolt plan can work) at the very least male can't be treated like a servant/ dog anymore, even though women is still superior, men can get all the job he excelled at. This of course happens in Japan, since other advanced country already realize the moot point of discrimination ("Waste of human resource")
Old 2011-12-04, 19:07   Link #11287
Eratas123

@ Senpai - I haven't even slept yet Stupid teacher never tells us if our project is due today or Thursday so all of us scrambled and lost sleep!

Side note - So at best nothing would change that much? It's to show some of the futility of some prejudices and how much it affects others. Ichika is torn between agreeing with them or not since they aren't exactly peaceful protestors with all their yelling and property damage (no killing), Kyuukai never experienced the sexism so he'll think they're just acting up, and Irish obviously thinks they're justified in doing so. The girls reactions vary from understanding to neutral to hateful of it. How do you think they should find out? My plan was for it to broadcast on the news in the Cafeteria while everyone's eating due to it being a major event.
Old 2011-12-04, 19:11   Link #11288
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If Ichika is wise as I thought, then he would not agree about how rashly they act.

He'll arrange it so they can bring it to political table, working slowly but surely (such as creating a newspaper article or a blog with the hidden message about anti-sexism). Of course politic analyst will soon found them, and since most of politician are still male....

EDIT: oh wait I messed up again...
Old 2011-12-04, 19:15   Link #11289
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Um, how would Ichika have enough pull to do this? This takes place in Shadow where, male pilot or not, is still a 15 year old student.
Old 2011-12-04, 19:18   Link #11290
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Um, how would Ichika have enough pull to do this? This takes place in Shadow where, male pilot or not, is still a 15 year old student.
Hence I said I'm messed up, sorry. Anyway, I think I'll out again, going to school.

(Damn headache...)
Old 2011-12-04, 19:30   Link #11291
Eratas123

@ Senpai - See you later

@ Meistah - Does Maximillian have any love interest that at no point screws him over, troll him, or physically injure him? As in, a regular girl who actually shows she cares for him by NOT screwing him over?
Old 2011-12-04, 19:54   Link #11292
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Don't start; this thread fulfils the purpose of chatting, so an IRC channel will only kill the discussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Wow you quickly managed to ID her Parents that fast?!
Who the hell do you think I am?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Since Kha already is talking partly about Gerard, i decided to detail a bit into the current expansion of his STRATOMAG empire.

Spoiler for Gerard's Empire Expansion:
IsType and Archangel may have been fluff mistakes on my part... I was thinking of Stratomag when I was thinking of Archangel.

But IStype as a spinoff focused on the machine, and Stratomag focused on pilots is wiser. This is what I use.

Archangel won't have enough material (if it does exist) until later as IS Idols don't take off until the 2nd year... And as I said I was thinking STRATOMAG when I mentioned Archangel.

@Eras: Surprisingly, Louise and Pillai both fulfil that role. Maya doesn't troll him, either... just doesn't notice him beyond colleagues.
Old 2011-12-04, 20:02   Link #11293
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Still, an IRC channel might help when season 2 comes around and admins start wondering why we post more than we write compared to other fanfiction threads.

Yet Max is interested the most in the older teacher who frequently trolls him and the 14 year old that sends him to the clinic on a daily basis. Is he masochistic or something?
Old 2011-12-04, 20:20   Link #11294
Setsuna Asuka

I sure hope you guys have the decency to keep off-topic dicusiion out of official theads.

Also what goes on in the fanfic thead stays in the fanfic thread, I can't count the number of times I've seen people replacing canon with fanon.
Old 2011-12-04, 20:42   Link #11295
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna Asuka View Post
I sure hope you guys have the decency to keep off-topic dicusiion out of official theads.

Also what goes on in the fanfic thead stays in the fanfic thread, I can't count the number of times I've seen people replacing canon with fanon.
Which is why Saint X's idea of an IRC sounds good. Better the thread slow down than posters get banned for posting off topic posts. Sorry if we offended you Setsuna Asuka, we just have a temdency to lapse into off-topic or fanon.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:22   Link #11296
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Technically, what we are posting in here so far *is* on-topic. Yes, when it spills over to other threads is a bother, that will be curtailed. But what's here has always been true to is purpose: the creation, review and discussion of IS characters, concepts and fics. While the 1 word + 10 chars thing may be a problem, its often a sign of the author needing help, that's where we kick in to gear.

One thing about ircs is that backlog cannot be logged. People who log on and off will be even more oop as conversations break down into little clusters. And things will eventually be not productive...

Fanfic threads across many worlds all died when the irc channel was created. I should have listened to Keroko back then. The trap foresaw dark times ahead in the thing I helped create... Now there only is regret, and a lot of dead threads.

I'm sorry to have to sound so firm, but irc sounds good only on paper... This I have seen with my own eyes.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:34   Link #11297
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

Well, I have some free time... So I'm waiting for people to show up.

Also, my new "relationship" is going well. I wonder if I can get her to join this thread...
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 21:43   Link #11298
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I made a spam thread if anyone needs it. Join the Outer Cadia Shock Troopers social group and the thread would be right smack there. Cant post links atm because my phones being wonky again.
Old 2011-12-04, 21:46   Link #11299
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Meister: Could you explain to me what's going on?

Is there a problem with our thread, and the way we're posting on it?
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 23:05   Link #11300
Eratas123

@ Rain - Got a list of traps already.

Kyuukai: Caged bird trap, Carousel trap, and finally the warehouse trap.

Ichika: Need help for first trap, Angel trap, Sadistic choice/wedding trap.

Irish: Need help for first trap, Hanging trap, warehouse trap.

Any suggestions?

Side note - Be careful about posting the status of your growing relationship here. Remember, anyone can access this page. Just some friendly advice

@ Meistah - What exactly is wrong with IRC? It's optional anyway.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest