AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 43 32.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 29.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 20.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.03%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-05, 23:44   Link #221
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
If I think back with that example in mind. Does flying = going to where her grandma is and does that mean Noe has been saying "Shin you can die!!!"
That miiight be taking the analogy a bit too far, I think.
Old 2008-03-06, 00:04   Link #222
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, in a way, we're already getting that sense in this episode with her "Shinichirou, you can fly, you just can't fly from here" realization. She can still get her tears back, and it can fulfill the "whimsical" premise, but that doesn't mean it'll be entirely "happily ever after" either. In a sense, you could point back to Raigomarou and remember that it was only in death that he finally flew; until then, he was bound to the ground. I think that's the way things are heading here (except not literal death -- it's more the realization that "when Shinichirou flies, that means he'll fly away". In other words, it's about "letting go".).
This is a great point here for a good while now we all have been focused on the end result being who ends up with who as a happy ending or sad ending depending on who you are rooting for. But there is another element and that is growing up aspect of the show. Noe seems to live with her head in the clouds but in reality shes actualy more grounded than majority of characters in the show. Getting her tears back in HER ultimate goal. Now when she said she had a feeling that Shin could help her back when they first met, we shouldnt have assumed it would have to be in a good way. We cant have everything we want in the world and sometimes we have to chose. Even if Noe and Shin didnt not happen but she got her tears back there is still a positive Noe shedding tears shows that she has grown and in fact maybe she can fly on her own as well. Im hoping that the show however it ends we end on a potentially positive note for all involved. I would really like to walk away from TT with the feeling that these characters that I have invested a heavy amount of time, sleep mental capability have learned from their experiences and have grown. Nobuse is already showing signs of what i hope will happen with everyone else.

Grey_Moon you got me thinking about Jun being an obstacle in the progress of Hiromi and Shin. I think this is a good point as Jun even as cool as he thinks is needs a bit of growing up himself. Jun could possibly repersent the last hurdle that Shin and Hiromi must climb over if they are meant to be. Jun serves a very real purpose and his character gives an opportunity to see what the other is feeling. Whenever Jun is around a big emotional stir happens usually within the characters mind that he happens to be interacting with. I wouldnt have a problem with a possible Jun and Hiromi ending if it was not for one thing. I feel nothing when they are together i mean nothing and its hard to imagine Hiromi with him him when all we have seen from her when they are together are surprised looks, fake smiles, and calm tone after a bike wreck i cant feel she cares about him. Iv honestly tried iv watched each episode at least twice and it just doenst happen for me. Some of these truths maybe harsh for all the characters especially Noe with her unique personality but fairy tales dont always work out whats important is what life lesson did you take from the story and did you stand back up again and give life another shot. Noe has the potential to see all the beauty in the world in its purest form but first she needs to find herself not Jun not her Shin and not her dead grandmother herself.
Old 2008-03-06, 00:56   Link #223
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
The heart is a weird thing! Isn't it? Common sense will be for Aiko to stay with a guy that adores her [Miyoshiki] and Shin with a sweet girl like Noe. But when it comes to the heart, common sense doesn't apply, you can force your heart to do what it doesn't want. IF you can do it, then you can settle for a passionless relationship!
If you wait long enough heart and common sense tends to converge. Making impulsive decisions amid uncertainty is what can really damage you and those around you.

As for Aiko and Miyokichi, they probably need a "time out" from their relationship for the time being... who knows that the future holds for them. And as for Shin and Noe, either Shin will grow up and become a person deserving of Noe's love or prove himself to be utterly unworthy - the jury is out on that one as well.

Hiromi may eventually shape up but she seems to be damaged goods at this point. Usually the better bet is to wait for her recovery and test the waters afterwards; plunging in prematurely and trying to play "hero" is a recipe for disaster...
Old 2008-03-06, 03:02   Link #224
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

dont think there is much i can really say that I hasn't .... i finally noticed a fellow animesuki name in the editor's list... silly me ...

As for the episode... while it is kinda strange, I really liked N inflicting pain on Shin by pressing the wound on his nose... its weird, but then again she is that way... but I think it was a good play really....

hmm... I dunno what to think at this point about what the future will bring.... if what happened is what I thought happened.... doesnt that make the future even more complicated then it was? Hopefully I am mis-understanding what happened in the end of this episode.
Old 2008-03-06, 05:49   Link #225
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by todkapuz View Post
As for the episode... while it is kinda strange, I really liked N inflicting pain on Shin by pressing the wound on his nose... its weird, but then again she is that way... but I think it was a good play really....
That part was sad and beautiful at the same time. Noe already realized that Hiromi is the one that Shinichiro really likes and she has come to accept it. I think that was a mature way for her to let him go like that.

slightly off-topic:

Just got the True Tears OST and track 19 is the BGM for that beach scene, it's very emotional track. ;_;

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-03-06 at 06:01.
Old 2008-03-06, 07:10   Link #226
golthin

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait to watch episode 10. Just to see if my take of the preview comes true! After episode 10, I will be just happy if all my predictions come true! I won't care what happens after episode 10. I won't worry anymore about pairings.[even though I was not very worried anymore, with Aiko out of the competition]
Old 2008-03-06, 09:17   Link #227
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
I don't know about everyone else, but I can't wait to watch episode 10. Just to see if my take of the preview comes true! After episode 10, I will be just happy if all my predictions come true! I won't care what happens after episode 10. I won't worry anymore about pairings.[even though I was not very worried anymore, with Aiko out of the competition]
Im also quite excited as well Glothin yet a little nervous i think a lot of us are wondering just how much of their predictions will come true and im one them. Im so glad TT forum has finally calmed down its nice discussing things in here again. I have been a nervous wreck about episode 10 ever since i saw the screens and will be till its aired. Iv also got some emotion invested in H2O right now because of the screens from the next episode of that series. Its going to be an emotional weekend for me.
Old 2008-03-07, 22:09   Link #228
FatalMemory

Anyone else get the feeling that in the next episode that Noe's brother will end up telling her that he asked Shinichirō to go out with her ?

Just seems a lot like they'll end up talking about it.
Old 2008-03-07, 23:45   Link #229
JCMS

EP10 should be broadcasted soon right?
Old 2008-03-08, 00:23   Link #230
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMS View Post
EP10 should be broadcasted soon right?
less than 12 hours from now
Old 2008-03-08, 00:57   Link #231
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@rf - Sorry I couldn't help myself but take it too far

@sin - Oooo nice expansion on Jun and Noe being obstacles for a Shin and Hiromi ending. I like your description of Jun's purpose in the story. Also your point about Jun x Hiromi I have to agree with as what you say does kinda put it on ice, but right now I personally am considering Hiromi to be in reset mode. So I think the next epi is going to show us what a non-crapped on Hiromi is going to be like. <- I'm very excited...

I could also do with some closure or development of the Ai situation too
Old 2008-03-08, 08:17   Link #232
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Tough for me to figue out who Shin will end up with in the end. Obviously right now Hiromi is in his heart but we'll see how much of an effect Noe will have on him. Feel bad for Noe though
I like both Hiromi and Noe so it's hard to choose which one I would prefer to end up with Shino.
Old 2008-03-08, 09:00   Link #233
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-genius View Post
Tough for me to figue out who Shin will end up with in the end. Obviously right now Hiromi is in his heart but we'll see how much of an effect Noe will have on him. Feel bad for Noe though
I like both Hiromi and Noe so it's hard to choose which one I would prefer to end up with Shino.
With TT I'm not too sure about feeling sorry for a girl or not.... The reason why is they all seem to have an issue that is weighing them down. I think I would be happy for them if they resolve it and are able to move on. If Shin for Noe is just a tool* for her to regain her tears and then able to move forward; as long as the story is well told I don't mind her not ending up with him.

*I don't mean tool in a bad way, I just can't think of a better description other then plot device....
Old 2008-03-08, 09:15   Link #234
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I see what you mean but Noe really does love Shin so even though he is a 'tool' to retrieve her tears that's not what Noe is or was thinking. She's was so happy to see that Shin liked her because she developed romantic feelings for him. She probably never even thought once about retrieving her tears during that time. I think for Noe to move on Shin is neccessary so that's why I feel sorry for her because she thought she found the right person but it turned it he loved Hiromi all this time.

Strangly I don't have a preference to who he ends up with either because as I said I like both Hiromi and Noe. Possibly a slight preference to Noe but only slightly. Usually I would have a preference like in Clannad, Elfen Lied, Bleach etc. but this time I don't. Like you I don't mind as long as it's well told.
Old 2008-03-08, 09:32   Link #235
grey_moon

Quote:
I see what you mean but Noe really does love Shin so even though he is a 'tool' to retrieve her tears that's not what Noe is or was thinking. She's was so happy to see that Shin liked her because she developed romantic feelings for him. She probably never even thought once about retrieving her tears during that time. I think for Noe to move on Shin is neccessary so that's why I feel sorry for her because she thought she found the right person but it turned it he loved Hiromi all this time.
OOOooo good point about her really loving Shin and I do think that too! If she is able to put Shin's feelings above her own (which she has started doing) and can resolve her issue and end up happy I would rate her love as one of the greatest of the trio. Of course you can't really quantify love, but for me selfless love always makes me sniffle more then the other forms.

And I now get your point about feeling sorry for her. I guess to be honest right now I am feeling sorry for her, but deep down I feel like there will be a good ending for her with or without Shin
Old 2008-03-08, 09:47   Link #236
grey_moon

Quote:
I agree with your last point because its been stated that Noe is strong but I wouldn't throw ShinNoe pairing out the window until its over. All is well as long as it's well told though Her face is too cute to be rejected anyway
I'm here waving my ShinxNoe flag too
Old 2008-03-08, 10:44   Link #237
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I'm here waving my ShinxNoe flag too
A lot of Noe shippers! I really don't mind either Noe or Hiromi winning! My girl is out of the fight!
Old 2008-03-08, 11:32   Link #238
grey_moon

Quote:
A lot of Noe shippers! I really don't mind either Noe or Hiromi winning! My girl is out of the fight!
Well I've always liked Noe (as you prbly can guess from my past posts), but I can realistically say I think that Hiromi is going to win. Although my posts putting Ai down might say otherwise, I do actually like her as a character. I actually like all 3 girls, but I much prefer what Noe represents to me then the others.
Old 2008-03-12, 19:27   Link #239
FuzzyWuzzy

Can't believe this guy. He is an idiot. How can you not like Noe.
The girl might be weird and say stuff that is totally out of reality but she has absolute faith that shin is someone special. A lot of guys would like their gf to believe in them like that.
She cheers him up when he is down, feeds him, supports him in his decisions, supports him in his dreams and she believes in him so much.
I can't believe what the writers are thinking. It makes me hate this episode.
Old 2008-03-13, 10:41   Link #240
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Can't believe this guy. He is an idiot. How can you not like Noe.
The girl might be weird and say stuff that is totally out of reality but she has absolute faith that shin is someone special. A lot of guys would like their gf to believe in them like that.
She cheers him up when he is down, feeds him, supports him in his decisions, supports him in his dreams and she believes in him so much.
I can't believe what the writers are thinking. It makes me hate this episode.
It sucks to see realism in anime when you watch it to escape reality huh xD.

OT: Sometimes I rewatch some episodes of TTGL just to get that high from watching Kamina and his awesome out-of-this-world GARness. But when it ends I am reminded that having his mentality in the real world would be disastrous for my life xD.

Last edited by w00tness; 2008-03-13 at 18:40. Reason: EDIT: My comment that it sucks to see realism in anime was in sarcasm. I was derepped for this, so just a clarification :(
Closed Thread