AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2010-12-26, 04:59   Link #501
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
There isn't any _good_ way, but one not so good way is to open it up in avisynth with a directshowsource and an fps = 120 (or, 119.XXX)...

Then encode that as Constant frame rate intermediary, then use a filter like dedup to get a vfr timecodes file and mux into a reasonable container like mkv.

It depends exactly how screwed up the vfr is in the wmv. If it's something reasonable that should work fine
ok, really - thank you. though the key word was "Noob". i lol'd. cause i don't know about half or more things you are talking about. avisynth creates panic in my soul, just by me reading that name.
but honestly, thank you for your help. the thought is what counts, not the result.
one last try - is there any step by step tutorial to do this for stupid ppl? like "avisynth for idiots " or smth, lol))
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 05:40   Link #502
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiffer View Post
ok, really - thank you. though the key word was "Noob". i lol'd. cause i don't know about half or more things you are talking about. avisynth creates panic in my soul, just by me reading that name.
but honestly, thank you for your help. the thought is what counts, not the result.
one last try - is there any step by step tutorial to do this for stupid ppl? like "avisynth for idiots " or smth, lol))
No, there is not.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 09:56   Link #503
Rodub

Help !!

With megui and starxrip can encoder on format .FLV ? which is best FLV encoding?
With can any program?
Thanks !
Rodub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 12:13   Link #504
Blanchimont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
There isn't any _good_ way, but one not so good way is to open it up in avisynth with a directshowsource and an fps = 120 (or, 119.XXX)...

Then encode that as Constant frame rate intermediary, then use a filter like dedup to get a vfr timecodes file and mux into a reasonable container like mkv.

It depends exactly how screwed up the vfr is in the wmv. If it's something reasonable that should work fine
I might be off here, and it's been a while since I last encoded anything, but back when I did experiment with wmv-files among others, I do remember been able to extract timecodes directly from wmv-files, to specify I used a commandline tool called wmvtimes.exe (two versions, difference mainly one would output timecodes in v1 and the other in v2). It wasn't entirely reliable, had to edit them manually afterwards on more than one occasion...

I did share the same problem as idiffer in the beginning as the first encodes I ever did were re-encodes of vfr wmv-files. In the end, If I remember correctly, after the advice given I used directshowsource with convertfps. Which had the unfortunate effect of leaving some portions, OP especially, a little jerky... (though I think I will eventually make new encodes for the release in question from a lot better source than wmv...)
Blanchimont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 02:12   Link #505
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
I might be off here, and it's been a while since I last encoded anything, but back when I did experiment with wmv-files among others, I do remember been able to extract timecodes directly from wmv-files, to specify I used a commandline tool called wmvtimes.exe (two versions, difference mainly one would output timecodes in v1 and the other in v2). It wasn't entirely reliable, had to edit them manually afterwards on more than one occasion...

I did share the same problem as idiffer in the beginning as the first encodes I ever did were re-encodes of vfr wmv-files. In the end, If I remember correctly, after the advice given I used directshowsource with convertfps. Which had the unfortunate effect of leaving some portions, OP especially, a little jerky... (though I think I will eventually make new encodes for the release in question from a lot better source than wmv...)
Way to respond to a three months old question, bro.

That said, FFMS2 should support all WMV files in both VFR and convert-to-CFR mode. If it doesn't, there's a bug; please report it in that case (and remember to provide a sample file).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 17:04   Link #506
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Not sure if this has been posted in here before, but how do I delay subs in Aegis? I want to slap some scripts onto BD encodes but the timing is off slightly, and I heard this can easily be fixed in Aegis by delaying the subs' times so I don't have to re-time the entire script.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:32   Link #507
max2k

Click the timing tab > select shift timings

Time Should be selected and ure enter the time you want to shift ure Script in H:MM:SS.ms

Select Forward if your lines should start and end later (delay). Backward if they should start/end earlyer.

Use on All Lines should be selected.

Start and End timing should be selected.

> Click ok.

Last edited by max2k; 2011-06-29 at 20:44.
max2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 14:55   Link #508
ara-kun

Can be there a method to make a sign in aegisub, when original clip is shaking, or moves by some curves, or changing its sizes ect? I mean, I know that there is a solution to create static sub per each frame. But, to do manually even a few second requires a hours of work! Is there a some kind of automation for this?

For example, in case when there is a sign which moves inconstantly, in many cases it just looks so. Because if I pick a single point, and manually track it's coordinates using a3r or even aegisub, and then make a plot of it, I'll clearly see 3-5 periods of constant speed. And then I can just write 3-5 string with \move tag, so that's all. It takes much less time than do it frame-by-frame, but still, it's a large of work!

If anyone have found some solution, could you please share it?

added later
There's some investigation I made.
1. I supposed that a program which used to make a hardsubs, could export data about moving pixels. Because MPEG means moving pictures, and it's compression is based on motion tracking and replacing the source RGB data. So, tracking must be pretty simple, I guess.
AE has no such option, or I couldn't fond it. The "PathMaker" do some mistakes. I meant, it makes some right. Maybe there is a problem in me. Anyway, even wrong motion data I couldn't fond here too.
2. Looks like the "MVTool" plugin for Avisynth is able to track for objects. But, the manual itself makes me sad. I already worked with Avisynth, but I did for example, make hardsub, or fix VFR video, splitting or extracting frames png. Can MVTool trace for few picked pixel's coordinates? If so, I'll definitely find out how.

Last edited by ara-kun; 2011-08-30 at 15:53. Reason: write a bit more
ara-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 23:15   Link #509
Plorkyeran

With practice doing things manually frame-by-frame isn't horribly slow; I can do a simple moving sign in <5 seconds per frame, which is reasonable for anything up to a few seconds of motion.

The popular* way to do things these days is to motion track the sign in After Effects or Mocha, then use a script to generate the subtitle lines.

*By popular I mean there's under five people that do this.
Plorkyeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 17:55   Link #510
ara-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plorkyeran View Post
With practice doing things manually frame-by-frame isn't horribly slow; I can do a simple moving sign in <5 seconds per frame, which is reasonable for anything up to a few seconds of motion.
Sure? For example, I need to make a sign moving with background, and some people walking in front of it sometimes. So it's not just copying last frame and moving it for a bit, but also changing \clip tag. Another examlpe, when the sigh is shaking (big boom!), ot floating with a boat, it's not that easy to make its moving exactly the same as original sing. One more example, and it is very popular, is resizing a sing like \t(25,800,\frx50), a lot of practice is necessary to do it by eye, and in case when those effects must be combined,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plorkyeran View Post
The popular* way to do things these days is to motion track the sign in After Effects or Mocha, then use a script to generate the subtitle lines.
Thank you very much! I've just tried to use Mocha, and that's it, thats what I looked for!
Also there is a lua script available (thx author, torque), which can import tracking data saved with mocha directly into Aegisub. That's really great thing.
ara-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 17:14   Link #511
ReinWeiss

I've been getting an error when trying to load some videos into Aegisub.

Quote:
ffmpegsource factory: FFmpegSource video provider: Failed to index: Can't create decompressor: Unsupported compression method. avisynth factory: AviSynth error: FFVideoSource: Can't create decompressor: Unsupported compression method.
I have the most recent CCCP, but no other codecs installed. Any ideas?
ReinWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 19:24   Link #512
TheFluff

You're trying to open a MKV with header compression, and the FFMS2 included with Aegisub 2.1.8 does not support that. You need a newer FFMS2, but since the API and ABI have changed you can't just update the DLL; you need to update Aegisub as well. Go grab one of the 2.1.9 builds.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2011-10-04, 19:42   Link #513
ReinWeiss

Awesome, I had no idea there was a newer version out. Thanks, thats got it fixed.
ReinWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 22:05   Link #514
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
You're trying to open a MKV with header compression, and the FFMS2 included with Aegisub 2.1.8 does not support that. You need a newer FFMS2, but since the API and ABI have changed you can't just update the DLL; you need to update Aegisub as well. Go grab one of the 2.1.9 builds.
Speaking of which, does ktiming autocommit in 2.1.9 work the way it did in 2.1.7? I'm still running 2.1.7 because I do a decent amount of ktiming and the lack of autocommit in 2.1.8 (or the change to its functionality, if it was intentional) is kinda a game-breaker.
Old 2011-10-05, 07:54   Link #515
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Speaking of which, does ktiming autocommit in 2.1.9 work the way it did in 2.1.7? I'm still running 2.1.7 because I do a decent amount of ktiming and the lack of autocommit in 2.1.8 (or the change to its functionality, if it was intentional) is kinda a game-breaker.
K-timing autocommit? If it was changed I don't know what the change was. Whatever it is, it has, to my knowledge not been touched between 2.1.8 and 2.1.9. It has not been reported as a bug or a feature request and this is the first I hear of any issues with that particular function.

(hint: if you want it changed, you need to tell someone about it)

Old 2011-10-05, 08:23   Link #516
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
From my changelog.txt for 2.1.9:
Code:
* Audio: Fix regression with autocommit in karaoke mode
It was a bug introduced from the fixing of something else. I never use autocommit (and neither should you) so I didn't notice anything had broken.
(One reason not to use autocommit is how undo works in 2.1.x, you create a new undo point, which is a complete copy of the entire file, for every change you make. This causes the undo buffer to fill very quickly, and makes undo almost useless.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 17:23   Link #517
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Are there any video tutorials on how to make .lua automations....in english?
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 12:11   Link #518
gilcohen

I don't know where the problem is... so I'll write here:
This is my problem:
http://up353.siz.co.il/up2/2mc5tuty3ntn.jpg
As you see [ ] (Not that, but those in the anime itself) it seems like Squares for some reason... until now it work great and I don't know what happen ><
I checked the font and it's not that... and more some fonts and ain't good...
Thanks for the help
Old 2011-11-03, 13:23   Link #519
ender
*yawn*

Looks like there's something wrong with your fonts (either the encoder forgot to include a font in the file, or you have a font with the same name as included one which is missing some characters).
Old 2011-11-03, 15:25   Link #520
jfs
Aegisub dev

Windows may also pick the wrong font or otherwise (try to) use wrong glyphs if you have not set the Font Encoding correctly. Usually the Default setting is good enough but sometimes you need to override it. (It's a property for the Style.)
Otherwise it probably is a missing font.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aegisub, help thread