AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-27, 03:27   Link #141
Dr. Casey

I'm not sure Norie needs to, or even can, become more aggressive.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 03:39   Link #142
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Sure she can. She's losing very badly to Komachi in the race for the Kou-tan right now!
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 09:34   Link #143
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

A Norie vs Komachi escalation of aggression over Kou? LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 13:19   Link #144
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Episode 4:

Yes, Potte's ringtone finally has a whole song!

I wonder if we're going to get specific character-centric episodes at all in this season (e.g. a Norie or Maon episode). I'd love to see how the other girls besides Potte are becoming more aggressive as well.
We probably will. The Photography Club has been formed now. Its put on a successful performance. Tamayura can now focus a bit more on other areas if it wants to.

I like Norie, but her fondness for Kou is almost getting yandere-esque. Komachi seems to be a bit more practical and down-to-Earth about it. Plus, I found the brief scene between Kou and Komachi in this episode to be rather adorable. So I have to admit I favor Kou/Komachi right now, though I hope that Norie spends a bit more time pursuing Kou in vain just for the comedy value, lol.

The Photography Club performance was fun to watch, and the song was kind of catchy.

The Thousand Cherry Trees bit was beautiful, and I'll admit that the climax of it made me misty-eyed. It was quite touching.

Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ continues to be a wonderful watch. I look forward to more.
Old 2013-07-29, 21:33   Link #145
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
...The Thousand Cherry Trees bit was beautiful, and I'll admit that the climax of it made me misty-eyed. It was quite touching.

Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ continues to be a wonderful watch. I look forward to more.
Absolutely - couldn't agree more.
Old 2013-07-30, 17:25   Link #146
Dextro
He Without a Title

Kayano Ai is doing a fenomenal job playing Kanae. Every time she started stuttering with this "demo demo" I couldn't help but smile. So insanely cute! After the good performances as Muginami (Lagrange) and Saori (Girls und Panzer) she's quickly rising to my list of favourite Seiyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Absolutely - couldn't agree more.
Same here. And that wonderful song right afterwards just sealed the deal. It's so overwhelmingly happy and sweet. This third instalment of the show is quickly turning into my favourite. Now if only they dropped the whole Kou/Komachi/Norie thing...
Old 2013-07-31, 09:25   Link #147
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*listening to the full Hajimari no Umi song from the single*

While not quite as relaxing as the previous OP's, the song itself has that "step" in its melody that really denotes the increase in activity that one would associate with a... erh, "more aggressive" stance in life. Unlike the other OP's, it's the kind of song you can metronome your head with

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-08-01, 23:37   Link #148
Pen3

Kanae is way too cute to be a third year
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 02:21   Link #149
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I think I know whom Sayomi got her driving skills from...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Still, leave it to Sayomi to leave everyone breathless when they actually get to their destination. Ans yes, Kanae is too cute, although she didn't do her demo demo routine this ep

Old 2013-08-02, 08:58   Link #150
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Where there is Japanese taking photos there is food~

I want recipe for takenoko pie with bacon >_>
Old 2013-08-02, 09:00   Link #151
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Another sweet episode. Potte and Kanae didn't get to enter the contest, but their efforts were not for naught, for they got to experience and capture in their photographs a very precious and wonderful moment. Totally worth it.

Sayomi is really good at finding great spots, huh?
Old 2013-08-02, 21:10   Link #152
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Anther great episode Sayomi all way seem to know about the good spots
Old 2013-08-02, 22:21   Link #153
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Episode 5 is my favorite so far. Both in Tamayura and Aria, I particularly love the episodes where the characters go out of their way to discover (and marvel at) some kind of semi-secret, beautiful place.
Old 2013-08-03, 18:14   Link #154
Dextro
He Without a Title

Damn! Potte and Kanae together are a dangerous mix. The levels of Moe go off the scales with both of them on screen. I think I should get some insulin to withstand all the sweetness

Anyway, this third season just keeps getting better and better. The new photography club with our two new characters brought some much needed change to the shows pace and it's helping it immensely. The pace of the previous season felt so mellow and low key that at times it came dangerously close to moving into boring territory. I've actually been reluctant to recommend Tamayura because of its slow pace last season but now it seems to be getting some much needed momentum. It's still no Aria but it's getting closer. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Episode 5 is my favorite so far. Both in Tamayura and Aria, I particularly love the episodes where the characters go out of their way to discover (and marvel at) some kind of semi-secret, beautiful place.
You just reminded me of the Aria episode where Alicia takes Akari on a trip following some train tracks. I should go and rewatch it :-)
Old 2013-08-03, 18:59   Link #155
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You just reminded me of the Aria episode where Alicia takes Akari on a trip following some train tracks. I should go and rewatch it :-)
I was reminded of that too.

One of the things I liked in this episode was how Kanae was uncertain of her pictures and kept deleting the ones she didn't think had turned out well, while Potte, who's shooting film can't delete her 'bad' pictures and shows her mistakes.

On the trip out Kanae found more confidence, it seemed, with her pictures.

As a bit of a photographer AND someone who shoots film, I find this show has some bits of relevant photographic wisdom here and there.
Potte getting up close to take her shots reminded me of Robert Capa's saying "If your photographs aren't good enough, you're not close enough."
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:00   Link #156
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I was reminded of that too....
As was I ... the solo voice singing in the bg when they found the sakura tree was the clincher - a trademark of Aria scenes, as it were.

I must admit that part of me was also surprised that Maon seemed a little snarkier than usual this ep - not complaining, but I noticed it, and began to wonder if she has become like that over time and I simply didn't notice it?
Old 2013-08-04, 10:51   Link #157
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's kind of hilarious how she's clearly not the senior that she is in the group.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 06:14   Link #158
Enternal

Wow... this episode near the end... I was screaming on the inside "ARIA!!!!! ARIA!! ARIAA!!!". The vocal music and everything just completely... wow. I wonder how much influence Aria have on this because it was wonderful...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 17:01   Link #159
Dextro
He Without a Title

Just watched the sixth episode and I must say that it is a serious contender to the spot of my personal favourite episode of More Aggressive so far. I'll have to admit that having so much of the lovely voice of Hazuki Erino-san (Shihomi or, as I prefer to know her, the voice for Akari-chan from Aria) on the episode may be clouding my judgement.

Speaking of VAs: anyone can take a guess/know who's voicing the new character Harumi-san? The voice seems familiar but I can't quite put my finger on who it is.

But back to the episode: this was indeed a great episode. There was that feeling of discovering some fantastic scenery that was, imho, what really made Aria an outstanding show. Going on this short trip made me sit at awe just like Potte was and that's the kind of thing that I really was hoping from this show: I was expecting it to show me fantastic places through the lens of the protagonists camera and that's what we got this week (even if the camera was mostly held by Shihomi than Fu-chan).

That final scene in particular with all 3 of them on the bedroom brought me close to tears. It's such an emotional scene that it hit me rather hard. This show is getting better each passing week.
Old 2013-08-08, 17:50   Link #160
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a breathtaking episode. So emotional and heartwarming. It's definitely my favorite of the season so far, and maybe of the entire series. It was wonderful to follow Fuu on her journey to find out more about her father. He sounds like an amazing person. He reminds me of Akari, they're both the kind of people who are able to enjoy anything that comes their way and can instantly become friends with anybody. Fuu is the same, but she's still a little bit too shy to make full use of her "abilities".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Speaking of VAs: anyone can take a guess/know who's voicing the new character Harumi-san? The voice seems familiar but I can't quite put my finger on who it is.
Sayuri Yahagi. She was a bit hard to recognize here.

Tags
iyashikei, slice of life