AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-02, 02:17   Link #21
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wow, she looks completely different. Does she not wear glasses in the manga?

Which thread are you referring to?
In the image thread, where else? Lost My Music posted a chart a while back. I first saw it on a blog some time ago, and I haven't read more than the first chapter of the manga. Even so, quite a few scenes were different from the anime's, so the changes do go beyond just the character designs.

That aside, I'm somewhere in the middle when it comes to choosing between the anime and manga designs. I've been a fan of Noizi Ito since Haruhi days, though I'll readily concede that her style tends to be very simple, tending more towards cute than lavish. Anime-Mei is more moe to me than manga-Mei, for example, despite its simpler design.
Old 2012-03-02, 10:02   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Thanks! I should have guessed

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

I like the anime design better on the whole as well. The manga's artstyle is gorgeous, but the anime design is cuter, and as I said before, cute suits my taste the best. In Reiko's case, however, I think I prefer the manga where she looks so stunning... maybe a little too much. She's pretty much a model
Old 2012-03-02, 10:15   Link #23
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
^Thanks! I should have guessed

Spoiler for manga spoiler:

I like the anime design better on the whole as well. The manga's artstyle is gorgeous, but the anime design is cuter, and as I said before, cute suits my taste the best. In Reiko's case, however, I think I prefer the manga where she looks so stunning... maybe a little too much. She's pretty much a model
Spoiler for Manga spoiler:

I generally like the Manga design better. The different looks give them a lot more character and as said before: They lost a good part of their individuality in the anime. (both look and character wise). The only Exception here is imho Izumi. her manga design would Imho look better with longer hair, but thats probably a personal opinion.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-03-03, 07:51   Link #24
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Gawd, I hope she doesn't die from one of her headaches or some shiet. :0
Old 2012-03-20, 01:51   Link #25
kikomarine

In the past 11 episodes I watched. Well heres a fact that we know now from the anime, Reiko paints pictures. So that could mean that she is also Mikami-sensei. Mikami-sensei is an art teacher, right? Reiko likes art so that means that she could be Mikami-sensei. She could teach art at school while being an art teacher. Also Mei asked Kouichi if Reiko paints or not. This proves that Reiko = Mikami. Having the same hobbies proves that Reiko = Mikami.

Picture Below proves it Left - Reiko : Right - Ritsuko

Old 2012-03-20, 03:30   Link #26
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I think you mean Ritsuko = Mikami, not Reiko, as Reiko is shown to be living with Kouichi and Ritsuko is dead. Even if Reiko was dead, why would she be both herself and Mikami if she rose from her grave?
Old 2012-03-20, 04:40   Link #27
AC-Phoenix
Detective

What twisted logic is this?
Two woman having the same hobby and are automatically the same person then?

So every girl in a tennis club is one and the smae person just dressing up as another?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-03-20 at 20:53.
Old 2012-03-20, 13:00   Link #28
Hakuromatsu

I agree with AC-Phoenix that that's faulty logic.

Spoiler for novel & maybe episode 12:
Old 2012-03-20, 14:31   Link #29
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

At any rate, it's at least quite odd to see Reiko, one of the major suspects of being the another, suddenly disappearing from the picture in the decisive battles stages of the story.

When that old photo of Reiko and Ritsuko was shown, I couldn't help but think how similar Ritsuko and Mikami sensei are. Basing on the picture, try to figure Mikami with tied hair and you sort of get Ritsuko and viceversa.
Old 2012-03-21, 08:43   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Here's a real piece of evidence from the anime that Mikami = Reiko that I completely missed (you had to look frame by frame to catch this in episode 7):

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kanon; 2012-03-21 at 16:43.
Old 2012-03-21, 16:33   Link #31
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Here's a real piece of evidence from the anime that Mikami = Reiko that I completely missed (you had to look frame by frame to catch this in episode 7):

Spoiler:
Spoiler for regarding one of the mysteries, click on own danger; ALL clues in here were already shown up to EP 8:

Old 2012-03-21, 17:05   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's not my picture. It was originally posted on 2ch, so credit to whoever that anonymous poster who made it was.
Old 2012-03-21, 19:37   Link #33
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Spoiler for regarding one of the mysteries, click on own danger; ALL clues in here were already shown up to EP 8:
Just because I want to contribute a little if we are already there and trying to search for clues, I'm hinting in a certain direction, I'm not outright saying what the hint is, I'm merely giving a vague time in a very early episode:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-21, 19:45   Link #34
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Just because I want to contribute a little if we are already there and trying to search for clues, I'm hinting in a certain direction, I'm not outright saying what the hint is, I'm merely giving a vague time in a very early episode:
Spoiler:
I just checked it. Are you talking about...
Spoiler for Specific scene and why I don't see the spoiler:
Old 2012-03-21, 20:21   Link #35
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Spoiler:
We were definitely talking about two different clues in the other thread.
I can see several hints there, with one of them being circumstantial.

The one I was talking about is more
Spoiler for :

]

Old 2012-03-21, 21:06   Link #36
Hakuromatsu

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for another Another name clue:
Old 2012-03-22, 02:28   Link #37
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:

Spoiler:
Talk about a hidden (though important) clue, I'm surprised someone managed to notice this bit ... wouldn't be surprised if the person who stumbled upon that knew what he was looking for in advance. That said, it certainly allows one to look at some past events in different light, so you can say the show has been winking at this all along, though in a rather obscure manner.

Spoiler for Mussings with the above in mind:
Old 2012-03-22, 09:02   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-22, 09:13   Link #39
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Spoiler:
Yes that's probably it. You get over-sensitive once you know an answer and don't want anything to spoil the same fun of finding out to others
Btw. concerning their seiyuu:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-22, 09:22   Link #40
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Btw. concerning their seiyuu:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for seiyuu: