AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 3 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 20.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-15, 14:57   Link #21
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

At least I REALLY hope that it's going to pick up the pace now with the plot.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-11-15, 20:18   Link #22
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just finished watching. And I say, hooray for more Ichika-Houki moments!

And I believe the plot will finally progress next episode.
Old 2013-11-15, 20:37   Link #23
Phoenix6000
An Alternate Reality

Poor Laura got told.
Old 2013-11-15, 22:58   Link #24
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

not a bad episode...
Houki got a huge affection power added during first half... although Ichika got another deathflag because he'll dead for sure when the magazine is out

Kanzashi seems more interesting... a shut-out Otaku like her will totally be the best girl for Ichika in no time.

Poor Laura... she just got shot down by Chifuyu-nee...
Old 2013-11-16, 03:51   Link #25
Anime Online

Though Ichika doesn't seem to favor any girl more than the other, it is clear the story has a thing for Houki. Perhaps the writer felt that the readers would respond better if Ichika is paired with a traditionally minded Japanese.

Rin, Laura and Cecilia are just kinda there; I doubt they will ever have a chance with Ichika. Only Charlotte gets some rapport going with Ichika, but I think the highest she can get is "BFF" status.
Old 2013-11-16, 12:01   Link #26
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

What a rather interesting episode. I actually thought the previous ep was going to have some Kanzashi, nice to see she gets some spotlight this ep.

I was also a bit surprised by the Houki bits this ep, that poor locker, that should have been me I especially like the dress, though I found myself trying to get a look at her legs instead of up there

Very nice, I'm..... happy that she's happy I'm a bit perplexed though, if Ichika really did hear her... sleep talk. Half of me thinks it went in one ear and out the other, the other half of me thinks.... there was only centimeters apart from her mouth to his ear, no way he has that bad of a hearing

But Squall in a dress! I can see it now! Squall versus Houki!

Hey wait a minute, it's Tojo Jackal versus Hagiwara Sakura! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! The battle of the century, who will be the strongest in the world?

lol @ Laura getting tossed by Chi-chan. I've been wondering, this scene totally explains all the happenings in Incest Strategy, on why Laura was so intent on making it right with her "wife", being rude is a no-no now Looking forward to how she'll be in the tag battle, hope she's not traumatized by this XD

I am especially looking forward to a Kanzashi ep next week. I can sort of understand how she feels, getting her project cast aside in favor of a guy who can somehow use an IS. Maybe if she had gotta her IS, she'd be oneechan's vice prez! There must always be a megane vice president in the student council, manga dictates that

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
ehh houki is kinda annoying... she belives she is strong....WRONG her mech is strong she has very low grade in IS control "C" if I remember.... her current mecha is controled via mind and not controls so its way faster and easier then pressing lots of buttons inside that guntlet...
Oh my gosh..... here I go again. I'm going to try and be civilized for this because as much as Shirley gets her biased praise, Houki gets unfounded criticism, and this is starting to look very irritating

Now I'm not going to mention the part where she smashed the locker in, because I'm sure everyone saw that. No, what I'm going to mention is, Houki is a kendo girl. This is a girl who is strong in both mind and body. Not only is she the one who has been training with Ichika off-IS, she is the one who has been training him, and I should let you in on a little secret about kendo girls. Do you know why I like seeing them teased, and then heavily blush embarrassed? Kendo is not a joke of a, sport, it takes a calm, no-expectations mind, so Houki being able to mind control her IS is her strength. This is a girl who lived her life training on the ground, and she has to apply this in the air. Who here in this world would like to try that?

Quote:
I just hope one day ichika tells houki in face he hates girls who use brute force everywhere on everything....
Like the others aren't. Including Chifuyu-nee *dodges Chi-chan's iron hand*

Quote:
she is just Tabanes sister (tabane is the famous one while houki rides on her sisters fame... getting IS not becouse she is good at IS but becouse she has sister )....
Do you seriously think she is riding this fame? Are you forgetting an entire Season 1 of Houki being very irritated whenever someone mentions Tabane in the same sentence as her? Did you forget when the students said this while she was having lunch? Did you forget Houki was not happy to see Tabane back in Season 1? Did you seriously just forget that Houki has been turning down representative offer after representative offer down, perhaps because she hates how everyone is mentioning Tabane at the same time, and that Houki would like for once in her life prove that it wasn't Tabane that was teaching her Kendo, it was herself? Think about that for a moment.

Quote:
ichika is not better but he is the only guy that could operate an IS so he is famous on his own accord not becouse he is chifuyus brother....
Do you remember how he got the IS? anime only, no novel talk

Quote:
he knows he isnt really that great at IS piloting and doesnt hide it.... while houki is just selfish saying she is better at IS (while she is not if her mecha loses the mind control ability houki will fail so much)
Chifuyu-nee told him to RTFM. Houki trained with him in the dojo several times now. Yeah, I'd say he needs to work on his skills. There's no male protagonist in anime that's going to be able to pilot something mecha by simply sitting in it

Quote:
everyone else has skill which they gained by hard work and training not getting stuff the easy way...
Read above. The Bamboo Blade is no joke.
Old 2013-11-16, 12:31   Link #27
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
ehh houki is kinda annoying... she belives she is strong....WRONG her mech is strong she has very low grade in IS control "C" if I remember.... her current mecha is controled via mind and not controls so its way faster and easier then pressing lots of buttons inside that guntlet...

I just hope one day ichika tells houki in face he hates girls who use brute force everywhere on everything.... she is just Tabanes sister (tabane is the famous one while houki rides on her sisters fame... getting IS not becouse she is good at IS but becouse she has sister ).... ichika is not better but he is the only guy that could operate an IS so he is famous on his own accord not becouse he is chifuyus brother.... he knows he isnt really that great at IS piloting and doesnt hide it.... while houki is just selfish saying she is better at IS (while she is not if her mecha loses the mind control ability houki will fail so much)

anyway not like I hate houki but I just hope she will bite the dust and realize that she is the weak one and the one who has easy with her mecha controling... everyone else has skill which they gained by hard work and training not getting stuff the easy way...
Bullshit, all I.S. are controlled by combination of brain-computer interface and neuromuscular detection system.

Houki's problem is in the former, it's not even a matter of training. It's really decided how good your brain is at processing data, the fact that Houki went this far with such abysmal talent say something. And she flat out deride being put as her sister's shadow.

Imagine trying to run Crysis on 2007 computer, that's exactly what happened with her.

Houki get a lot of free gifts, but in the end it's the author's fault, not her as character. If you hate Houki getting such plot power, you'll get an aneurysm soon.
Old 2013-11-16, 13:58   Link #28
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Bullshit, all I.S. are controlled by combination of brain-computer interface and neuromuscular detection system.

Houki's problem is in the former, it's not even a matter of training. It's really decided how good your brain is at processing data, the fact that Houki went this far with such abysmal talent say something. And she flat out deride being put as her sister's shadow.
maybe but houkis IS is more in the control via throughts... s01e10 around 12-15minutes... tabane herself says... "it should move according to your throughts"... next houki "closes eyes" and the IS moves then starts to use weapons like a pro while her IS control grade is just C... so tabane had to improve the way to control the IS in the 4th gen which is more focused on the pilots throughts and what they want to do then just pressing buttons

anyway I just hope the current season starts to focus more on phantom task, madoka and more fighting then fanservice as its gets really tiring ;/ first season at least had more mecha fights and ichikas slow progress... in season2 not only his IS design was dropped to shift1 but he become weaker once again compared to first season ending ;/
Old 2013-11-16, 17:27   Link #29
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I almost feel bad for saying this but... Squall is beautiful... Kudos again to the animation team for integrating two completely different artist styles into their own. I REALLY want to see Chifuyu-nee in formal wear now, just to spite the blondie.

Or better yet, Chifuyu as the Major.... I believe if anyone can pull it off, she can.
Old 2013-11-16, 18:33   Link #30
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Or better yet, Chifuyu as the Major.... I believe if anyone can pull it off, she can.
- Only with swords instead of submachineguns. Actually, I think she's already got the wardrobe for it...
Old 2013-11-16, 20:45   Link #31
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Better than last time, but still no enough. 8 out of 10.
Old 2013-11-16, 21:24   Link #32
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Time to see whether the whore become a decent person she should be.

She's decent in V7, if she is not in the anime, I'll probably snap.
Old 2013-11-16, 22:04   Link #33
Anime Online

It's not that surprising Houki beats Ichika anyway. Ichika consistently struggles to master techniques that the other girls have gotten down pat. In addition, Houki's mech is a generation ahead of everyone else's.

Chifuyu-nee should just take back the mech and show him how it's done.
Old 2013-11-16, 23:09   Link #34
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Well , Ichika had no real combat training before , hell , even Charl know how to fight , plus Ichika only knows how to swing his sword , he also has 3 other weapons , the claw , the cannon and the shield , he rarely uses them .

So yeah , Chifuyu-nee should take back the suit and tells him that he is a loser for unable to improve himself .
Old 2013-11-16, 23:28   Link #35
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
So yeah , Chifuyu-nee should take back the suit and tells him that he is a loser for unable to improve himself .
PFFFFT

Ichika should tell the harem and Chifuyu they're uber hypocrite that can't teach him properly.

As much as I hate her, Ichika sticking with Tatenashi is 1000% more productive than them.
Old 2013-11-17, 00:04   Link #36
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

That's the first time I've seen Ichika get turned down.

It's oddly refreshing.
Old 2013-11-17, 06:44   Link #37
DarkJak2050

Okay, after watching the last 3 trainwreck episodes...

Finally! Acutal content from the Light Novels (following them, too). And for once, there's little to no fan service in this one.

Although...

I'll have to admit that Houki's a real cutie in that outfit.
Old 2013-11-17, 15:37   Link #38
Frontier

I'd say this episode was a definite improvement over last weeks, which makes sense since we're actually back into adapting the novels, and I found it enjoyable overall.

I've always had a soft spot for Houki, so it was great to see her finally get the spotlight this season. I thought her moments with Ichika were really cute, especially during the photo shoot, and she looked absolutely stunning in that dress .

She should wear them more often, though she should probably lose the heels .

Sure it's kinda disconcerting that she's perfectly willing to throw away her principles for the chance at a dinner with Ichika, but if it gets her in some nice wardrobe, lets her be a lot more Dere, and has her sleepily confess to Ichika, then I don't mind one bit . I'll be looking forward to seeing their dinner together .

We finally get to meet Kanzashi, and while I think I need to see more of her before I really form an opinion, I can relate to her as someone who cuts themselves off from others and finds themselves completely drawn into the fantasy of anime. And I agree with Playmaker2K, it was quite refreshing to see a girl not jumping at the chance to be Ichika's partner and with generally plausible reasons to boot .

These girls and their delusions of grandeur... first we have Houki inserting her name into Ichika's declaration of protection and then her and Cecilia completely believing that Ichika had picked them as his partner. Oh, the hell to come when the girls find out who he really picked... though Laura might still be too depressed to do anything, poor girl .

It's sad that no one on this show takes Ichika for a legitimate threat. When he's not getting beaten by his own harem, he's being belittled by others and turned into a damsel in distress for the girls to save. Remember when he was mildly competent in season one? I know I do .

All that medicine and the syringes in Madoka's room, and Chifuyu denying that she and Ichika have any other family, leaves me to believe she's a clone of Chifuyu suffering from the classic clone deterioration. Or there's always the case of Chifuyu lying, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now. The key may be in what really happened to their parents.

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-11-17 at 21:43.
Old 2013-11-17, 17:05   Link #39
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I did not dislike this episode like the other previous before. That's because this episode didn't depict content with such level of slapstick idiocy, though I beg your pardon for the use of the word.

The best moment came with Ichika carrying Houki on his back on the way home after the photo shoot. The scene itself display such tender chemistry that made the intimacy moment between two osananajimi spontaneous and personal.

The second best moment obviously comes whenever Orimura Madoka, a.k.a. M, is onscreen, and Ichika attempted to make a slight dig onto his family asking Chifuyu.
What I dislike is Chifuyu treating Ichika like a child, although I should be understandable that for the time being Chifuyu doesn't want to riddle Ichika with giant problems with whatever such potential revelation might have a bad effect on Ichika.

Last but not least is Kanzashi Tatenashi, the student coucil president's little sister. So far, I do understand her personality, and whaever quality time Ichika is made to spend with her not only will be worthwhile but also very well spent regardless of any slapstick comicity thrown into.
Old 2013-11-17, 20:16   Link #40
princeofcups

Quote:
Hehehe. Wait for next week, if I read the previews correctly.
Closed Thread