AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-06-13, 23:54   Link #1
aahhsin

NBA and College Basketball Thread

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things NBA related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all NBA fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz is crap" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like players or teams without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a player or team you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone.

It's over for the Lakers! Down 3-1 and so far with no way to stop Rasheed Wallace, especially with Malone out.

It's about time that the East won a Championship.

Last edited by xris; 2008-11-09 at 03:50.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 00:18   Link #2
Jn183

aye...*speechless after watching the game* -_-. <--- Tear of joy
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 00:24   Link #3
ToiletDuck

DETROIT:
1). Well rounded team. All players can play defense and offense equally well.
2). They can shoot 3 point shots. (this is key)
3). They have good players on the bench ready to come in and sub.

LAKERS:
1). Only 2 real players on that team. Kobe and Shak. Since kobe is being double teamed the whole time that leaves it all in shaks hand. We all know one man can't win a game.
2). They can't shoot worth shit. I've never seen so many missed shots in my life.
Even the completley open shots they bricked.
3). They have no one on the bench. Rick fox? Luke Walton? Those guys are way out of their league. Kareem Rush is good, but he can't play defense, only offense.
ToiletDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 00:31   Link #4
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

it's rip making all those baskets... he's takin out the lakers... though i wouldn't count the lakers out... they can still do this...
Old 2004-06-14, 00:32   Link #5
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
errr, violating the rules? there is a thread about this, mr troublemaker, post there!

the truth is... I hate sports and anything sports-related (wich obviously include extra threads about it in the forums)

now everyone is going to hate me because of that

EDIT:

damn, I searched in google and these are basketball teams (yes, I am that ignorant about sports, I told you) just ignore my rantings then sorry.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 01:45   Link #6
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
errr, violating the rules? there is a thread about this, mr troublemaker, post there!

the truth is... I hate sports and anything sports-related (wich obviously include extra threads about it in the forums)

now everyone is going to hate me because of that

EDIT:

damn, I searched in google and these are basketball teams (yes, I am that ignorant about sports, I told you) just ignore my rantings then sorry.
There's an NBA thread? I see NHL and "football" but haven't seen an NBA one

Lakers aren't missing on purpose. If you saw the Indiana/Detroit series, that was an ugly game. Both defenses shut each other out. I think the average of that series was like 68 points for both teams.

Tyshawn Prince is shutting down kobe with his long ass arms. Rip hamilton and Billups are shutting down Payton and who ever the #3 spot is on lakers. Rasheed is destroying the #4 spot. And ben wallace is actually doing a mighty fine job on shaq.

Kobe can't guard Hamilton because hamilton will tire him out. so lakers are going home in game 5!!
Old 2004-06-14, 01:53   Link #7
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Lakers will be able to bring it home to Game 6, and while I still have faith, things are certainly looking grim. Credit go to the Pistons for what they've done...the Lakers are just thoroughly embarrassing throughout the four games so far. But of course, being a Laker fan, I must go with the mandatory "the refs helped the opponents" argument. All joking aside, I do find the officiating to be slightly biased in the Pistons' favor for whatever reason; generally I agree that the refs are on the Lakers' side, but this time they aren't...so THIS is how the rest of those Western Conference team felt. Regardless, credit the Pistons for their nasty pick-n-roll, consistency, offensive rebounding, and aggressive defense; they played hard and great team basketball, and as a basketball fan I admire that.

Tthe Pistons have definitely put a dent to the West's supremacy; the Lakers have not embarrassed the West on its own...it's about time we give props to the underdog for winning, not blame the favorite for losing.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 11:55   Link #8
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Ive stopped watching. its painful.

its all larry brown's fault.

the lakers just have to get back to the triangle- they are going to try a team of the 5 players that have been with jackson during the 3 peat...

hope it works
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 13:03   Link #9
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

AHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!
Teh Lakers are LOSING!!!! I can't help but be happy.
It's sort of weird, because everyone else in my family loves the Lakers. However, most of my friends agree with me: it's about time the Lakers lose.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 14:42   Link #10
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Never! Winners should keep winning! >_<

Long live the Yankees! I'm not a Yankee fan, but I love how they kept on winning (well, up until recent years) and haters kept on whining...I love dominance (by a team I like, of course). ^_^
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 18:21   Link #11
wnkryo
HainShodan

Pistons are taking it. I don't feel to bad for the lakers though, becuase their rings are already very filled as it is (well, maby not Carl Malone )
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 00:52   Link #12
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

PISTONS! NBA CHAMPIONS!

I'm so happy....so so happy...

Unfortunately I couldn't see the faces of kobe and shak when the last second passed. I feel kinda bad for the poor Karl Malone, but, that's what happens when you become desperate for ring.
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 01:04   Link #13
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon The Cat
PISTONS! NBA CHAMPIONS!

Unfortunately I couldn't see the faces of kobe and shak when the last second passed. I feel kinda bad for the poor Karl Malone, but, that's what happens when you become desperate for ring.
bhahahahahahah lakers those losers.

Man I can't believe lakers lost in 5. At least 6. Well the East deserves it, it's aobut time the two conferences match up.

Good for Larry Brown too he deserves it. Although I really would have liked him to win it in Philidelphia.
Old 2004-06-16, 01:26   Link #14
Zyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon The Cat
PISTONS! NBA CHAMPIONS!

I felt sorry for Karl too. But the Pistons deserve it. Great defence by them. I guess it's time that Larry gets his ring after 21 years of coaching.

Phil and Kobe will most probably say sayonara to the Lakers. It will be interesting to see where Kobe lands next season as it will change the landscape of NBA somewhat (could land in jail though).
Zyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 08:37   Link #15
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
bhahahahahahah lakers those losers.

Man I can't believe lakers lost in 5. At least 6. Well the East deserves it, it's aobut time the two conferences match up.

Good for Larry Brown too he deserves it. Although I really would have liked him to win it in Philidelphia.

yeah same here. It would have been so cool if Larry had done it in Philly in 2001. That stifling Detroit defense reminded me of the Sixers in 2001 when they reached the Finals against the Lakers. Great hustle and collective teamwork. I hope Allen Iverson is taking notes because Larry Brown just did it his way.

Congratz to Larry Brown and the Detroit Pistons... We miss you Larry
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 12:36   Link #16
mah_damey

lakers didnt even put up a freakin fight... it was a pathetic series..
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 19:43   Link #17
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah_damey
lakers didnt even put up a freakin fight... it was a pathetic series..
Now lakers are gone forever. Shaq is gone!!

Lets see next year whose a true fan or just a bandwagon hopper.

McGrady and Yao is going to be strong in 2 years or so
Old 2004-07-14, 21:32   Link #18
Technovia_EX
o[-_-]o

Tomorrow's the day when FA can start signing =D. I hope KB doesn't pick the wrong team and stays on the Lakers.
Technovia_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 05:09   Link #19
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

My home team Raptors are gonna suck ass even more if they trade away Vince... he's a good player and brings in the fans.... too bad the damn politics in that organization might make him leave...

about Shaq to Miami... I firmly believe that Shaq is the best player in the NBA right now... him going to Miami is good for that team... but... I don't see Miami going to the finals with Shaq and Wade alone... they're gonna need more support... the Lakers with Odom, Payton and Kobe can still be a good team... but without Shaq and Phil... they're gonna hurt...
Old 2004-07-20, 16:04   Link #20
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Iverson was going to get traded to Toronto a few weeks back.

BUT that fucking GM messed it up.

VINCE CARTER + ALLEN IVERSON = GAME OVER , RAPTORS OWN THE NBA.

Sigh.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote