AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-26, 10:36   Link #341
BlueDo

Wow, the new girl sure really loves to flip.
I don't think that's practical at all.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 21:58   Link #342
gameboy234

Flipping around in high heels.. Wonder when she break her ankle..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 22:39   Link #343
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I'm not so sure whether the girl Shioon saw in the hospital and current one really are the same. I guess the only thing comparable are the earrings, both wear the same pair, so, the question is: Did the illustrator decide to change her design slightly?

That's possible enough - maybe the artist decided he didn't like the old look (may have been barely apst the draft stage then) or maybe the old look was less practical cónsidering the change in pace for the author. Could also be that her current looks are a bit of a disguie, hence the difference. If she's supposed to protect Shioon while being incognito, it'd make sense.

Only way to know for sure would be to ask the artist...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 00:10   Link #344
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter 4 is ooout!!!:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/series/view/BREAKER2/4

Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-05, 08:01   Link #345
DarkLordOfkichiku

Triple-post... huh? That can't be good <_< . Still... The scanlation is out at A-team:

http://www.ipitydafoo.com/?p=800

Now we know the girls names
Old 2010-11-05, 08:21   Link #346
Lummie

The translated version is out as well

Huh~ this appears to be shaping up quite nicely. Out of the conversation between Sera and that guy, we can confirm a few things;

- The Murim is already preparing for the new dangers and therefore some groups want to ensure their place in the new "era" by allying themselves with other strong factions. Something big will happen sooner or later...
- Sera wants to eliminate Shioon not only due his potential as threat to the elder but she wants to have her revenge, so it appears 9AD killed her munju or something.

Furthermore, I get the impression that while the Sunwoo retainers hold Shioon in high regard, the top fighters find him more of a disgrace like the guy who called Shioon a twerp in the hospital and now Jinie who states that the Sunwoo clan sunk pretty low because of accepting a new head that is uncapable of doing martial arts. So it appears that Shioon's ultimate technique "the shoe" didn't leave much impression on the girl and seeing how she said "He's not the head yet" makes me wonder if Shioon will undergo some sort of test.

Anyway, he'll most likely have to showcase the same spirit he showed to the 9AD and Hyuk So-Chun, some way or another to earn his respect from the top fighters of Sunwoo.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 08:55   Link #347
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Furthermore, I get the impression that while the Sunwoo retainers hold Shioon in high regard, the top fighters find him more of a disgrace like the guy who called Shioon a twerp in the hospital and now Jinie who states that the Sunwoo clan sunk pretty low because of accepting a new head that is uncapable of doing martial arts. So it appears that Shioon's ultimate technique "the shoe" didn't leave much impression on the girl and seeing how she said "He's not the head yet" makes me wonder if Shioon will undergo some sort of test.
I actually get a different impression here. I'd say it's a little more fragmented than generalising it to just that.

The retainers, as in, those old guys, only see Shiion as a political tool. They're on Shiion's side, but only in name. I'd figure they're only trying to push Shiion into a position where his 'puppet leadership' could be used to push their Murim agenda as well as scapegoat him if need arise. A 'general' representation of everything Goomoonryong is fighting to destroy. I say 'general', because it doesn't apply to everyone, but rather the current political structure of Murim.

On the other hand, there are the loyalist to the Sunwoo and the legitimate position of Sosul. The likes Gyu-bum and Jinie. Just because Jinie doesn't think highly of Shiion doesn't really mean much, because really, with her attitude, Shiion will need to show his martial arts awesomeness thrice before she'll even mellow down a little bit. I guess Mamungi can be considered somewhat of a loyalist, even if it's more of a mancrush on Shiion.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 09:13   Link #348
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The retainers, as in, those old guys, only see Shiion as a political tool. They're on Shiion's side, but only in name. I'd figure they're only trying to push Shiion into a position where his 'puppet leadership' could be used to push their Murim agenda as well as scapegoat him if need arise. A 'general' representation of everything Goomoonryong is fighting to destroy. I say 'general', because it doesn't apply to everyone, but rather the current political structure of Murim.

On the other hand, there are the loyalist to the Sunwoo and the legitimate position of Sosul. The likes Gyu-bum and Jinie. Just because Jinie doesn't think highly of Shiion doesn't really mean much, because really, with her attitude, Shiion will need to show his martial arts awesomeness thrice before she'll even mellow down a little bit. I guess Mamungi can be considered somewhat of a loyalist, even if it's more of a mancrush on Shiion.
Hmm. If this is the case, Shioon may be threading a more fragile ice than he may suspect it to be .

Well, in Gyu-bums case, he did fight Shioon for himself and witnessed the events at the Alliance headquarters, so he knows the boys true qualities, but the same can't be said for the others...

As for Mamungi, he's not part of the Sunwoo clan as I understand it, so it doesn't much matter if he's a loyalist or not . Thoguh I'm sure he'll have a role to play here as well...
Old 2010-11-05, 09:29   Link #349
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Well, I stand by my speculation that Shiion will eventually flip the fragile ice anyway, and form his own faction within Sunwoo filled with mainly youngsters and allies alike to lead the 'new wave' of Murim, the one which Goomoonryong was once expected to have done before he got backstabbed and fell into the abyss of revenge/Black Forest Defense.

There's really nothing admirable about Murim aside from a select few of half-decent people, but BFD are also ultimately, the real bad guys who've had Goomoonryong played like a complete fool.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-05, 10:46   Link #350
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Okay, I'm calling it right now
Spoiler for we may not see it until 3[irl] years later, but...:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 10:50   Link #351
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Well, I stand by my speculation that Shiion will eventually flip the fragile ice anyway, and form his own faction within Sunwoo filled with mainly youngsters and allies alike to lead the 'new wave' of Murim.
That's probably what's going to happen, yeah . I expect him to be winning over the strong youngsters like Jinie and Hyuk So Chun as the story progresses...

Quote:
the one which Goomoonryong was once expected to have done before he got backstabbed and fell into the abyss of revenge/Black Forest Defense.
Well, yeah. Althrough I'd say it's more like he failed the ultimate test for that one. As seen in, say, chapter 12, Unwol was trying to teach Goomoonryong humility, forgiveness and the the like, but that ultimately didn't go so well...

Quote:
There's really nothing admirable about Murim aside from a select few of half-decent people, but BFD are also ultimately, the real bad guys who've had Goomoonryong played like a complete fool.
Darn right. Well, the Murim'll most likely have to be dealt with somehow - either the conservatives will have to pull away before the new wave of youngsters or the younger generation'll have to set up a compromise with them somehow. Either way, the BFD will probably be the final antagonists...
Old 2010-11-05, 11:16   Link #352
Lummie

Quote:
Well, I stand by my speculation that Shiion will eventually flip the fragile ice anyway, and form his own faction within Sunwoo filled with mainly youngsters and allies alike to lead the 'new wave' of Murim, the one which Goomoonryong was once expected to have done before he got backstabbed and fell into the abyss of revenge/Black Forest Defense.
In the end, Shioon will understand that he has finish what his master couldn't [changing the Murim] but there's still something else he needs to succeed.

While we're still far from this stadium but even Shioon will understand that he'll need more then spirit alone to be recognized by all the clans [and in case he'll face his master going berserk a second time]. That's why I'm rather curious if Shioon will be the first one to solve the Black Origin threshold's contradiction, something both Unwol and Chunwoo didn't manage to master because both fell into dark emotions. [chap 64] The legacy of solving it was passed from generation to generation, and while Shioon doesn't need it to be neccesary a strong martial artist, I do believe that he, as main character, will finally obtain the answer to create the greatest martial arts technique under the heaven and gain recognition from the entire Murim world while leading all the young'uns into the new generation.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 19:24   Link #353
KrimzonStriker

Good chapter overall, and I like most of the theories I'm reading on here, though I will make a point that it is still a bit early to tell what the inner political workings are like right now, both in the Sunwoo Clan and the Murim in general since the recent upheaval. Overall I am looking forward to what comes next however in terms of Shioon's inauguration and what exactly he'll end up doing with it, things are rather murky overall on where this series is going but I am excited about the possibilities nonetheless.
Old 2010-11-05, 19:59   Link #354
DarkLordOfkichiku

On another note, I'm so far rather liking the new girl - Jinie, that's it. Partly because she sort of reminded me of Goomoonryong as we saw him in the earlier chapters of the series. Also because I think we now have a more clear image of what she's all about: She hates to be seen as weak by others (this explaining her reaction to Shioons actions in chapter 1) and this may have a part in making her reckless, as she was using a technique she seems to not yet have mastered fully...
Old 2010-11-05, 20:05   Link #355
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Okay, I'm calling it right now
Spoiler for we may not see it until 3[irl] years later, but...:
Abit far fetch but you never know
Old 2010-11-05, 20:23   Link #356
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

although im enjoying the story right now, but i cant help but feel annoyed with the fact that just because you can't use your ki doesn't mean you can't lift your fist up and defend yourself.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 00:30   Link #357
Key Board
Carbon

I think the change to a new title did more than just move the storyline to phase 2

It also meant that the author had to re-acquaint the main character to new readers

This reset in almost everything (including losing his spine) is probably an unfortunate side effect

Perhaps New Breakers is less of a sequel and more of a new story. Think about it.. seemingly average boy is suddenly revealed to be heir of a martial arts clan! What cruel and dramatic adventures await him? This could very easily have been called something else and it would probably work
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 00:50   Link #358
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'd like to be a little more optimistic about the ratio of sequel : new story, but I think it works though. Just as long as the author underlines the importance that this is just as much of a sequel than a 'new direction' to the story.

Shiion, even back in part 1, despite being the main character, was pretty much dragged around by the real narrative of the undergoing events. And since Goomoonryong's pretty much sunk himself now, the series needs something new to push the story's agenda while not making the series a 'Shiion keeps getting his shit beaten half-dead by master-level fighters, but still manages to be badass about it.'

Old 2010-11-06, 00:54   Link #359
Key Board
Carbon

I understand that they're trying to redevelop Shiion once again.

But it bothers me that he's back to his battered wife... err. battered student syndrome. And I'm not talking about his encounter with martial artists either

Didn't he learn to stand up for himself in part 1?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-06, 07:39   Link #360
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Perhaps New Breakers is less of a sequel and more of a new story. Think about it.. seemingly average boy is suddenly revealed to be heir of a martial arts clan! What cruel and dramatic adventures await him? This could very easily have been called something else and it would probably work
I don't think of it like that. Remember that his situation as it is now is entirely a result of events in the previous part - including the reason for why Shioon is now the heir of a martial arts clan (all because Sosul gave him the Phoenix medallion for safekeeping).

Quote:
Shiion, even back in part 1, despite being the main character, was pretty much dragged around by the real narrative of the undergoing events. And since Goomoonryong's pretty much sunk himself now, the series needs something new to push the story's agenda while not making the series a 'Shiion keeps getting his shit beaten half-dead by master-level fighters, but still manages to be badass about it.'
True enough - Shioon was, for the most part, dragged around events that were related to or centered around Goomooonryong. Despite being the main character, he was being a butterfly thrown around by a templest, seldom getting to choose a direction for himself. So if the author wants to tell things differently this time around (which, as you say, he more or less has to with Goomoonryong out of the picture), he'll have to weave a different tale compared to the one we saw in Part 1. Part 1 was or felt like it was half Shioons and half Goomoonryongs story. But part 2 may be made to be soley Shioon's tale as such.

On another note, regarding the the other girl, Sera Noona and her pretty-boy co-conspirator, it seems like we have an interesting situation there. Pretty-boy seems to want to bring her to "his side" (whatever "his" side is to begin with) and thus, he has promised to help her get revenge against Shioon or at least do something about the protection he has. However, at the same time, he appears to have no idea that it's the Sunwoo clan that's protecting Shioon (indeed, he doesn't even recognize Gyu-Bum) so he may be betting off more than he can chew there.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves