AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-28, 22:35   Link #281
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Can we just revive Negima sub-forum and re-name it as "Akamamatsuverse Series" or something similar, so we can get this inside and a new thread for discussions about UQ Holder and Negima Connections and Plotholes?
I don't think you can make a subforum based on the same author.

If you could, the Nasuverse should have a subforum before this, but it doesn't.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 22:56   Link #282
Dusk_
Forever Fallen

Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
About the whole Konoe lineage speculation...If Negi married Konoka, she would've taken the Springfield name. If Konoka married some other man, she would've taken his family name.

In other words, Touta could only be a Konoe if:

1) She and Setsuna adopted, and that's Touta's father.
2) Konoka had an illegitimate child (Lol).
3) The other Grandfather was the Konoe, and Konoka isn't even part of the direct family tree.
Dusk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 23:07   Link #283
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It doesn't quite work that way. Remember, in Japan, STATUS also has a say on whether or not a surname is retained. If the family of the bride has a higher social status (and the Konoes are pretty high in the totem pole) the groom "marries in" and takes on his wife's surname.
Old 2013-08-28, 23:08   Link #284
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post
About the whole Konoe lineage speculation...If Negi married Konoka, she would've taken the Springfield name. If Konoka married some other man, she would've taken his family name.
In Japan men who have a lower social status (poorer) than their wife can take the wife's family name.

Konoka's father himself is an Aoyama who took his wife's name. Its never been established how related he is to Tsuruko and Motoko.

Tsuruko and Motoko took care of Setsuna when Eishun brought her in to the Shinmeiryuu. This was before Motoko ran away to Hinata Inn.

Touta being a swordsman makes sense as he is descended from a clan of samurai exorcists.

Given his failure at magic something tells he'll learn Ki based techniques like Ku's kung fu, Shinmeiryuu style and Urashimaryuu style.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 23:09   Link #285
bludvein

I think people are really just overthinking the Konoe bit. Konoka may have been the main line, and Touta from a branch. Or maybe Eishun had another kid after Negima ended (I don't think he was too old yet).

Konoka doesn't have to be in his direct line at all.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 23:57   Link #286
Freeter
beyond

The pixiv movement begins...

Spoiler for dat Eva:
Old 2013-08-29, 00:16   Link #287
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i got to say i really look forward to when Touta finds what Eva really looks like.
Old 2013-08-29, 00:17   Link #288
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk_ View Post

In other words, Touta could only be a Konoe if:

1) She and Setsuna adopted, and that's Touta's father.
2) Konoka had an illegitimate child (Lol).
3) The other Grandfather was the Konoe, and Konoka isn't even part of the direct family tree.
Negi could've married into the Konoe family or their children could've taken on the Konoe surname, while Negi kept his own since it has it's own importance, so as to keep the lineage going. It's not an uncommon practice to do. A lot of the time it is mostly just about keeping family lineages going.

Or they had children and used the Springfield name and when one of those children grew up they took on the Konoe name for inheritance purposes. Which also isn't too uncommon to see in important families which focus on having someone to keep the name alive.
Old 2013-08-29, 01:20   Link #289
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Negi could've married into the Konoe family or their children could've taken on the Konoe surname, while Negi kept his own since it has it's own importance, so as to keep the lineage going. It's not an uncommon practice to do. A lot of the time it is mostly just about keeping family lineages going.
With respect to separate laws for the real world and the negima world, Japan currently doesn't allow keeping different last names after marriage. A few tried through legal action, and ended in failure, around May this year.

Tl;DR Japan doesn't allow married people to have different last names.
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 01:58   Link #290
Seitsuki
Onee!

And so Eva begins her attempted conquest of the third Springfield! Having learned that mature doesn't work and loli doesn't work, this time she goes for the cool Onee-san approach! Will she finally succeed? It doesn't matter, since she already has my heart ♥
Old 2013-08-29, 03:48   Link #291
Dusk_
Forever Fallen

Send a message via MSN to Dusk_
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
In Japan men who have a lower social status (poorer) than their wife can take the wife's family name.

Konoka's father himself is an Aoyama who took his wife's name. Its never been established how related he is to Tsuruko and Motoko.

Tsuruko and Motoko took care of Setsuna when Eishun brought her in to the Shinmeiryuu. This was before Motoko ran away to Hinata Inn.

Touta being a swordsman makes sense as he is descended from a clan of samurai exorcists.

Given his failure at magic something tells he'll learn Ki based techniques like Ku's kung fu, Shinmeiryuu style and Urashimaryuu style.
Right you are, completely forgot that Eishun took the Konoe name.
Dusk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 05:02   Link #292
Voceane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If you could, the Nasuverse should have a subforum before this, but it doesn't.
I just want to know about this manga so I read this topic. But, sorry for my ignorance, what's Nasuverse?
Is it an eggplant universe? or the generic title for manga with nurses? I don't see Eggplant nor Nurse, so I'm a little lost.
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 05:10   Link #293
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
I just want to know about this manga so I read this topic. But, sorry for my ignorance, what's Nasuverse?
Is it an eggplant universe? or the generic title for manga with nurses? I don't see Eggplant nor Nurse, so I'm a little lost.
Nasu is the name of the creator of Tsukihime, Fate/stay Night, between others. Nasuverse = Nasu Universe, because all his stories seems to happen in the same universe/multiverse.
Old 2013-08-29, 06:43   Link #294
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisemer View Post
Can we just revive Negima sub-forum and re-name it as "Akamamatsuverse Series" or something similar, so we can get this inside and a new thread for discussions about UQ Holder and Negima Connections and Plotholes?
Doubt it, since other anime in same timeline don't share sub forum
(Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes share same time line but only Steins;Gate have sub forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
With respect to separate laws for the real world and the negima world, Japan currently doesn't allow keeping different last names after marriage. A few tried through legal action, and ended in failure, around May this year.

Tl;DR Japan doesn't allow married people to have different last names.
Anime not same as real world
fate stay night > Kiritsugu Emiya marry Irisviel von Einzbern
have son name Shirou Emiya and daughter name Illyasviel von Einzbern
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 07:02   Link #295
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

Spoiler for dat Eva:
Liked that one, and also this one:
Spoiler for dat Eva:

And also on pxiv is an UQ Holder doujin coming! XD With the three lolis show on that character page (not Eva).
Old 2013-08-29, 08:25   Link #296
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Anime not same as real world
fate stay night > Kiritsugu Emiya marry Irisviel von Einzbern
have son name Shirou Emiya and daughter name Illyasviel von Einzbern
You have to realize that those were different circumstances (a whole slew of 'em). Plus, I am pretty sure that they weren't married in Japan but somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

Spoiler for dat Eva:
Ooooh...It finally begins.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 09:49   Link #297
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Negi could have just not married anyone. I mean he was an enemy of all women when he was 10. He could have gotten worse and have children from 31 different women and Konoka and Setsuna are just two of them. It's be funny if everyone in the group picture was a grand child of negi with different grandmothers.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 09:54   Link #298
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
You have to realize that those were different circumstances (a whole slew of 'em). Plus, I am pretty sure that they weren't married in Japan but somewhere else.

Ooooh...It finally begins.
Different circumstances = anime circumstances = Negi can have that too
+
so what if they marry each other else where?

Example:
Negi can marry Konoka in magi world or human world but he won't change his name since he is a hero in magic world ( too famous + higher state )but didn't give his to child his name so he can have easier life
(Negi hero > son of hero and queen)

Quote:
Negi could have just not married anyone. I mean he was an enemy of all women when he was 10. He could have gotten worse and have children from 31 different women and Konoka and Setsuna are just two of them. It's be funny if everyone in the group picture was a grand child of negi with different grandmothers.
That will be interesting
after all he is King in mage country so I guess he can have harem?
(he is direct son from previous queen so I think he should have higher priority than Asuna as next heir)
Old 2013-08-29, 10:20   Link #299
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Or more simply, Konoka and Setsuna got married, wanted a kid but needed a sperm donor, and Negi agreed. And Negi went on to marry someone else.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 10:41   Link #300
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Or more simply, Konoka and Setsuna got married, wanted a kid but needed a sperm donor, and Negi agreed. And Negi went on to marry someone else.
it will work if not for Negi know them + good person

Do you believe he will see his own blood child and feel nothing?
+
Will that child call him father/grandfather instead Setsuna?
Will Setsuna/Konoka accept that? or will they even tell him about his real father?

or maybe it was one father and 2 mothers family

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love