Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-04-13, 00:57   Link #21
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
2) Someone promised to go to the game with you, but he got into a car accident and is in a hospital hanging to his life. At the game, you are completely angry because you were betrayed.

I think the right term for that was you thought you were betrayed...
and then soon when he's at the hospital a unknown # texted you and said" your best bud's in the hospital and he said sorry for he cannot make it..."
after that you said to yourself "screw that".. you thought it as a phone scam...

then a few days after you were crying at a funeral...

well that's the saddest part.. I wonder if that has hapened before..

hmmmm anyway I don't remember being betrayed but I remember my friends getting betrayed...

like for instance my friend was talking to me saying how cool now because my friend has a new best bud.. I was happy for her...

then I recieved news about my friend's best bud was backstabbing her.... but she never knew and I think she would be shocked if I tell her that... so I didn't and ended up as a secret... I felt like I was the one betraying her cause I can't do anything...... I guess that's betrayal right?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 01:18   Link #22
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraidude View Post
I think the right term for that was you thought you were betrayed...
and then soon when he's at the hospital a unknown # texted you and said" your best bud's in the hospital and he said sorry for he cannot make it..."
after that you said to yourself "screw that".. you thought it as a phone scam...

then a few days after you were crying at a funeral...

well that's the saddest part.. I wonder if that has hapened before..

hmmmm anyway I don't remember being betrayed but I remember my friends getting betrayed...

like for instance my friend was talking to me saying how cool now because my friend has a new best bud.. I was happy for her...

then I recieved news about my friend's best bud was backstabbing her.... but she never knew and I think she would be shocked if I tell her that... so I didn't and ended up as a secret... I felt like I was the one betraying her cause I can't do anything...... I guess that's betrayal right?
It doesn't matter why you were betrayed really. What if he didn't get into an accident? Would something as little as breaking an appointment be that important?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 06:30   Link #23
black monster
i don't work for points

i don't think that count as a betrayal
black monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 06:34   Link #24
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
It doesn't matter why you were betrayed really. What if he didn't get into an accident? Would something as little as breaking an appointment be that important?

sometimes... appointments that are more important that just came up is more important than the ones you have already appointed to.. kinda like family related probs.... sometimes those are reasons of a friendship being broken..

yes I think so too that why you were betrayed is less the worries.... I just came up with something... ain't not making to the apponted appointment is just an excuse to hate the person??? isn't that a bit more like your the one betraying your friend than you being betrayed??

seriously.. this betraying stuff is very confusing..

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 08:42   Link #25
black monster
i don't work for points

who knows?
Old 2008-04-15, 13:25   Link #26
kyoji-kun
2DestroyU

a friend of mine in the past attacked and confronted me and accused me of betraying him in which I really didn't do. I already forgive him but I will never forget what he did.

for me, being betrayed is to intentionally break a trust or a promise...
kyoji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 14:30   Link #27
black monster
i don't work for points

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoji-kun View Post
a friend of mine in the past attacked and confronted me and accused me of betraying him in which I really didn't do. I already forgive him but I will never forget what he did.

for me, being betrayed is to intentionally break a trust or a promise...
that is the worst thing someone can ever face
Old 2008-04-16, 04:41   Link #28
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I was never really been betrayed or anything like that. I'm not really at that age yet where I make big commitments and the girls I have gone out to date haven't cheated on me.

I do have people who break of promises what I dislike, but those promises aren't anything big though.

I'm also fairly good at character judgement, I don't make commitments with people I know they will break.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 11:04   Link #29
kyoji-kun
2DestroyU

Quote:
Originally Posted by black monster View Post
that is the worst thing someone can ever face
I still think of having some revenge against that guy whenever I remember what he did. does anyone have this kind of feeling against someone who betrayed them?
kyoji-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 11:07   Link #30
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoji-kun View Post
I still think of having some revenge against that guy whenever I remember what he did. does anyone have this kind of feeling against someone who betrayed them?
Hm, no. I mean yes, I might want to tease him/her later on, but I never use betrayal as a method of retribution, because that's just contradictory for many reasons. Depending on your form of revenge, it could or could not be wise. But yes, I am speaking from experience, but I am after all a "nice guy" (but wouldn't want to get on a nice boat!).
Old 2008-04-16, 13:28   Link #31
black monster
i don't work for points

yeah i alway think about that but i change my mind later becuse if i got revenged i will be like him or maybe worst
Old 2008-04-16, 13:59   Link #32
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

I was betrayed by someone.....

And now he is dead.

JUST KIDDING!

In all honesty, I don't remember any "betrayal" that has warranted me to become furious or anything. So I guess I can relate to the second poster.
Old 2008-04-16, 14:56   Link #33
strung_out

Send a message via MSN to strung_out
Betrayal can happen at any given moment, you can never really predict what others are about to do. Keep your guard up at all times and always be ready for it. People may say that they are trustworthy but I'll be honest... they only say that because they want to keep a good image of themselves. It's not wise to fully trust someone.

Everyone is out there for themselves. We can't expect anyone to be there for us or stick to our side. I'm not saying that everyone should just ditch their friends or anything, they're good to have fun with... but that's all they're good for. Aside from that we're all alone in this world. There's only one person that truly cares about you and that's you yourself.

This is all my opinion and I know that a lot of people will disagree with me, but that's to be expected because we all have different views.
strung_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 15:15   Link #34
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by strung_out View Post
Everyone is out there for themselves. We can't expect anyone to be there for us or stick to our side. I'm not saying that everyone should just ditch their friends or anything, they're good to have fun with... but that's all they're good for. Aside from that we're all alone in this world. There's only one person that truly cares about you and that's you yourself.
That's a pretty sad way of thinking. o_O I tend to believe since am able to be there for someone there are more people who do the same thing. While I do agree there are people you can't trust, but I'm sure people find someone they can confide everything with and know it's save with him/her. Atm I have my brother eventhough he's a son of bitch most of the time. But! He's pretty good at not screwing me over.
Old 2008-04-16, 15:34   Link #35
strung_out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
That's a pretty sad way of thinking. o_O I tend to believe since am able to be there for someone there are more people who do the same thing. While I do agree there are people you can't trust, but I'm sure people find someone they can confide everything with and know it's save with him/her. Atm I have my brother eventhough he's a son of bitch most of the time. But! He's pretty good at not screwing me over.
You may see it as a sad way of thinking, but ever since I understood how everyone really works I've never felt stronger. I can see myself through any situation without having to run to someone else.

I do have friends that come to me for help through tough times and I do see them through. However; I always lose a little respect towards them for being so weak. But like I said before, friends are always good for a laugh... I just don't expect anything more from them.
Old 2008-04-16, 15:44   Link #36
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
You may see it as a sad way of thinking, but ever since I understood how everyone really works I've never felt stronger. I can see myself through any situation without having to run to someone else.

I do have friends that come to me for help through tough times and I do see them through. However; I always lose a little respect towards them for being so weak. But like I said before, friends are always good for a laugh... I just don't expect anything more from them.
Not saying you have to run to friends for every little problem, but it makes things easier when you're faced with problems. Well I don't really see having problems and seeking help as something "weak." All people have them what's wrong with getting help? Though I admit it does depend on what the problem is.
Old 2008-04-16, 15:57   Link #37
black monster
i don't work for points

Quote:

so you don't agree with this " Humans were never meant to bring each other happiness. From the moment we are thrown into this world, we bring each other nothing but pain and agony. "
Old 2008-04-16, 16:55   Link #38
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Quote:

Guys Guys... this is what we call someone that is ARROGANT! I am led to believe that you are not all about betrayal anymore, but more on the fact that you are full of yourself. Lose a little respect? Please... you just lost mine. Looking down on people because they need help? Hahaha... Yes this clearly equates to the fact that you place yourself higher than others. I suggest you tone down that ego inside your head.
Old 2008-04-16, 17:13   Link #39
strung_out

Quote:
Originally Posted by black monster View Post
so you don't agree with this " Humans were never meant to bring each other happiness. From the moment we are thrown into this world, we bring each other nothing but pain and agony. "
No I don't agree with that, I just believe that everyone is out there for themselves and nothing more. Everyone wants to get what they want and if they happen to make people happy or sad (intentional or unintentional) along the way then they will. I don't think that everyone is here to hurt each other though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
Lose a little respect? Please... you just lost mine.
If you think you're important enough that I'd care about your respect for me, then obviously you have a little bit of an ego problem as well. Don't attack people here, it's a forum. I'm just expressing my opinion like I clearly stated. People will have different views on everything, you can't do anything about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Not saying you have to run to friends for every little problem, but it makes things easier when you're faced with problems. Well I don't really see having problems and seeking help as something "weak." All people have them what's wrong with getting help? Though I admit it does depend on what the problem is.
Yes it does help I can tell, but to me it just seems that people can't stand on their own two legs and I see that as a sign of weakness. But that's just me! Don't actually take offense to it and think that what I say makes everything fact, it's just an opinion. I'll just add that I've been betrayed enough to know that I should never let my guard down. I could describe every single thing that has happened between me and friends/ex-girlfriends/family and then maybe you may all understand why I think this way... but I don't even share that stuff with people I regularly talk to.

Phew you guys tired me out, I never type this much

Last edited by strung_out; 2008-04-16 at 17:27.
Old 2008-04-16, 17:14   Link #40
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Betrayal can happen at any given moment, you can never really predict what others are about to do. Keep your guard up at all times and always be ready for it. People may say that they are trustworthy but I'll be honest... they only say that because they want to keep a good image of themselves. It's not wise to fully trust someone.

This is all my opinion and I know that a lot of people will disagree with me, but that's to be expected because we all have different views.
First of all, I would like to say that this is just a perspective of someone, an opinion of the word betrayal. This is no different than two people liking and hating the same series, so no need to flame back and forth.

And while I disagree with 75% of what you say, there's the 25% that makes sense. For example, I do not completely trust most people. However, there are still a few, up to 5 people, mostly family members, that I do trust fully. From what you're saying, you don't place any trust in your friends, which doesn't make sense. That's like saying you would treat a random person on the street the same as you treat your friend. I do place some trust in my friends, not too much so that I will get depressed and suicidal if they betray me, but enough to have a special relationship that is more than just merely acquaintances.

I used to think that only I care for myself in the past, but my opinion completely changed after watching the masterpiece that is Haibane Renmei, so thank you anime.