AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 11.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 23.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 25.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 17.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.99%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-01, 13:06   Link #281
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for you were warned ...:
Old 2011-06-01, 13:31   Link #282
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
Thanks Tom Bombadil for translation.

Spoiler for chapter 115 spoiler:
Nah Raki still human, he is just the same level as "The Black Swordsman" now.

Hmmm This sounds like a very exciting chapter, I wonder if we'll finally get to see these abyssal zombies yet?
Old 2011-06-01, 14:20   Link #283
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
you mean raftela conversation with mib ?

( A) Well, lets see….. how about awakened pris versus Teresa? it was clear that pris inner instincts rise up and ended killing Teresa.

(B )Still there are people saying that pris tricked Teresa. can you believe in that? after pris not wanted to kill her off guard like Irene wanted ( twice)

©After yagi says that awakened lose control of their body – when clare tries to kill helen after killing rigardo.

So, while the correct answer is priscila inner instincts acts(A), yagi disagrees(C) and there is still people thinking that pris has no honor (B). this is totally insane if we consider that clare is the one tricking pris by using the destroyer and so not facing pris in 1 versus 1.

So, extra explanations are always good.

you mean that the twins will protect everyone and raki may pay while cook stuff …yes?
I've agreed this many times myself, so I'll keep this simple.

Spoiler for responce:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Translation for some clarity: When Clare was close to awakening in Pieta, she was unable to control her awakened limbs. So comparing that situation to Priscilla's pre-awakening, it would seem that Priscilla was unable to control herself which resulted in Teresa's unspectacular death. This would invalidate all the speculations about Priscilla being dishonorable; she didn't trick Teresa.

At least, I think that was the general gist - correct me if I got it wrong.

TBH, when I first read that post, I had the same reaction - WTF? However, once I understood what rafael1932 was saying, it makes sense, as much as I hate to admit it. Up until now, I liked looking down on Priscilla, considering how she killed Teresa... but I find rafael1932's logic compelling and very well thought-out.
That has been argued many many times before and I agree with it (in fact I argued for it for almost 2 years straight ).

Wow... I didn't think anything interesting was going on this thread since the posts where so far apart, and so I didn't bother reading them. Feel bad now that I wasn't there to give rafael1932 back up.

It's quite simple Falcor, haters are going to hate and argue for it (consciously or not). While I too personally dislike Priscilla and Teresa is my all time #2 fav manga character I've chosen remain objective here and the only conclusion I was able to draw was that Priscilla was just overtaken by the monster side in those moments, just like she acted without thinking against Isley after he pierced her gut. rafael1932 did a decent job explaining the Clare losing control of her body is proof that Priscilla wasn't in a state to have planned anything either angle but we also do have other examples of Priscilla just acting, even after awakening such as Isley.

Hell, she’ll kill someone in a fair fight, or if she thinks they're gonna start a fair fight, or if they bother her, or if it’s over Raki, or if she's gettin guts; mostly only when she's gettin guts. But plotting to play dirty before she awakens, when does that get fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Well, maybe, but... I still have no idea how it's even remotely related to my post in general, and the part he quoted in particular.

Edit: I'm not trying to evaluate the validity of what he said, I'm trying to establish the relevance of what he said.
No idea either... to busy working on building my new patio in ~100 F degree weather (38C). Sorry so I'm just too tired to really think atm .

Anyways I hope this chapter comes out soon... I need new chapter to unwind to. Even if Raki is as stated in it
Old 2011-06-01, 14:47   Link #284
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Nah Raki still human, he is just the same level as "The Black Swordsman" now.

Hmmm This sounds like a very exciting chapter, I wonder if we'll finally get to see these abyssal zombies yet?
Raki vs shrimp twins??

*ahem* I sense this time Rakis truly gonna end up DEAD
Old 2011-06-01, 14:49   Link #285
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
*ahem* I sense this time Rakis truly gonna end up DEAD
you mean this might turn out to be fun?
Old 2011-06-01, 14:51   Link #286
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
you mean this might turn out to be fun?
Maybe... I just don't wanna mess up with those Raki fans though
Old 2011-06-01, 14:53   Link #287
haegar
mangaviking

oh.rite. damn I forgot. clarakiss is gonna kill me.
*starts running*
Old 2011-06-01, 14:54   Link #288
Mighty_frog
Hopeless Jean fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Mighty_frog
Spoiler for about Chap 115 spoilers:
Old 2011-06-01, 14:58   Link #289
haegar
mangaviking

the play statue trick is an interesting question. It depends if it is a "normal" batch of feeders or a "claymore-rebellion-failsafe-feeder-batch"...

ah ...that's to say, if they are the remnants of those used against Isley or Riful they ought to go for their scent only and "freezing" might work. However, if the org was cautious, and kept an "extra" batch of feeders locked away (those BIG HEAVY doors ...) and those "special" feeders were actually fed Claymore flesh and blood ... than they would go for the Claymores aggressively, standstill or not ... even worse, theoretically if even a small remnant of one of the Ghosts was collected - these feeders might go specifically for half-awakend Claymores ...
Old 2011-06-01, 15:17   Link #290
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Am I the first one to notice that the poll is for ch 113 on the ch 114 thread?

The things you notice when your so drained of energy that every post appears tl;dr
Old 2011-06-01, 15:19   Link #291
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

So easy priscilla will not get away with it.
I say it was priscilla's human side which did not want to die attacking theresa.

1. She recognised that theresa powered down and was off guard.
Why didn't she attack theresa when she still had yellow eyes and was powered up?
Was that only coincidence?
That isn't some reflex or swing of sword like clare did in rabona.
This is deductive thinking.

2. She grabbed the sword actively.

3. she disarmed theresa by dismembering her
(again not blindly swinging at her but targeting her arms. There is an idea/reason behind her action)

4. she got up on her feed ran to the helpless theresa and beheaded her so that she never ever could trouble her again.
She was out for the kill why else the beheading. Why not run her claymore through theresa. Even splitting her in half like denve
a strong warrior like theresa could have perhaps somehow survived. No, i think priscilla wanted to make sure that irene someday could say:
"There is no warrior alive who could kill priscilla."

It is true that clare for a moment swung her claymore at raki but this was one swing and she had her sword already in her hands not a chain of relatively complex actions like in priscilla's case. In pieta Clare's "arms" moved on its own like those of doc ock in spiderman. Like doc ock she needed all her strength to make them stop.
Priscilla murdered theresa as a human, not as a monster.
She wanted to live at all costs in the end and ignored theresa's warning before driven by her injured pride and her brainwashed mindset. That's the way i see it. I think she planed steps 1 - 4 at a time point chronologically before step one.

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2011-06-01 at 15:54.
Old 2011-06-01, 15:37   Link #292
Gooral
Banned

@Ryus, rafael1932 and Falcor

I would not want to discuss it again so let me sum it up: from trying to kill Teresa Priscilla went to killing Teresa. Even assuming that she was overtaken by youma, as a human she wanted to kill Teresa at all costs. IMO it would be too convenient for her to weep as a Claymore tell Teresa to kill her and shortly after, at the exactly right time youma would take over and use it to its advantage. She was already over her limit when she said that and we haven't seen any change until after she killed Teresa so I'm pretty sure it was all an act and it wasn't youma that was talking then. In all cases we know, Claymore who wasn't awakened could restrain himself. By definition Claymore who went over his limit but did not awaken was still a Claymore and was still fighting with youma inside.
With Clare it was a bit different but she was partially awakened then and all her limbs were weapons that seemed to have own consciousness. In Priscilla's case she needed a claymore to do that. Besides, Clare still managed to warn everyone that she doesn't have control over her body anymore. When Clare went over her limit for the first time she has almost killed Raki but she could restrain herself. Priscilla couldn't do it because in the end she wanted Teresa dead as much as a youma inside her. So even assuming youma took over earlier she's still guilty of not trying to stop it or warn Teresa and she's still guilty of trying to kill Teresa at all costs. Priscilla was the one who let the youma take over in order to kill Teresa or she was fully conscious then and wanted to kill Teresa. Either way it's bad, "lesser evil" at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Am I the first one to notice that the poll is for ch 113 on the ch 114 thread? :heh:

The things you notice when your so drained of energy that every post appears tl;dr :p
lol
You're right :D.

Edit:
Well said irvinethearcher. I completely agree.
Old 2011-06-01, 15:46   Link #293
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

......Maaaaaan.....I can't believe we went the entire month without realizing till now that the poll is for Chapter 113

Not even gonna say a word on the Priscilla awakening thing - I'm not a fan of "I told you so's" . I am more interested in that Raki is getting some more screentime this chapter -- the fighting though makes me wonder if Yagi has made up his mind whether he's gonna get powered-up or not because the back and forth is starting to annoy me.
Old 2011-06-01, 15:50   Link #294
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Spoiler for Sorry I'm too tired to reply... so accept this spam reply instead:
Old 2011-06-01, 15:56   Link #295
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Did you paint this picture, ryus?
I liked the trees and the lake in it

Ok, its well painted. nice work.
Old 2011-06-01, 16:10   Link #296
Mighty_frog
Hopeless Jean fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Mighty_frog
Yes ITA with irvinethearcher. From what ive seen with Claymores awakening I came to the conclusion that the degree of control an AB has over his/her actions is solely based on their mental state. Usually if a claymore is really focused or has a really strong emotional drive towards a certain goal they will remain in almost full cognitive control

eg.
Clare: needing to kill Rigaldo to save Miria et al.

Ophelia: needing to kill 'awakened' Clare and just her strong hatred of awakened beings in general

Jean: her need to die as a human
Clare only lost control after she acheived her goal. Priscilla's need to defeat Teresa was not just for the job, it was deeply rooted in her personal moral code and belief that Justice must triumph over evil. She became desperate and was willing to do whatever it takes, that was Priscilla's emotions in control not the monsters IMO.
Old 2011-06-01, 16:15   Link #297
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Did you paint this picture, ryus?
I liked the trees and the lake in it

Ok, its well painted. nice work.
No just added the glitter text

Work was done by number551. Must warn you huge Priscilla = HUGE Image .

EDIT:@irvinethearcher, Gooral, and Mighty_frog... Your theory really explains why Priscilla was still crying after killing Teresa. Oh wait... it doesn't Clare herself said it was the monster that killed Teresa, not Priscilla... choice of wording is very important. That was Yagi's way of saying what really happened, just like Deneve explaining why Clare reverted after trying to awake vs Priscilla; or Riful explaining the merger of Luciela and Raphaela that she didn't witness and admitted she was just speculating on.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-06-01 at 16:30.
Old 2011-06-01, 16:36   Link #298
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Spoiler was true! Chinese scan being uploaded as we speak...
Old 2011-06-01, 16:40   Link #299
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Spoiler for chapter 115:
Old 2011-06-01, 16:47   Link #300
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

it's out.