AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How Old Are You Really?
5 - 9 2 0.36%
10 - 14 51 9.11%
15 - 19 244 43.57%
20 - 24 169 30.18%
25 - 29 59 10.54%
30 - 34 17 3.04%
35 - 39 5 0.89%
40 - 49 9 1.61%
50 - 59 2 0.36%
60 - 69 0 0%
70 - 79 1 0.18%
80 - 99 1 0.18%
Voters: 560. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-04, 14:00   Link #241
Viperus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
And, hopefully, when I do get to be 80, I'll still watch anime, and still chat with all of you, old geezers to-be, about the wonderful times when Anime wasn't produced by computer-based AI systems and drawn by Venusians.
funny , i always thout it'd be Jupiterians

I'm 17 , and I wanna be in highschool forever (with my grades i might be able to do it ) jk , im not that bad at all ^_^. The thought of going to work every day kinda frightens me I hope to watch anime and play games 'till the day I die. Oh , and go out with friends and play paintball every now and then.
Old 2007-01-04, 16:44   Link #242
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
18 years old and in uni.. all of you younger than me better have fun before you get where I am!! IT AIN'T FUN.
Old 2007-01-04, 22:47   Link #243
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

OK, all you twenty-somethings that are feeling old here. I'm really 57 and have been watching anime for perhaps three years now. I'm a single dad with a fifteen-year-old daughter who started reading manga about age twelve. The first serious anime work we watched (leaving out Pokemon and Powerpuff Girls) was Mononoke Hime. I was struck both by how beautiful the artwork was and how serious a story Miyazaki tells in that movie. Then we discovered the Anime Network On-Demand service and starting watching anime. At the time ADV was running nearly all of its major series -- NGE, Chobits, Kurumi, Angelic Layer, Excel Saga, etc., etc. -- and showing the all the episodes to boot. (Now it's more of a teaser service to attract DVD sales.) At this point, I'm actually more of a fan than she is. After all, I 'm posting here on AS, and she's taking with her friends on IM.

I also play videogames, primarily RPGs like Final Fantasy and Shadow Hearts, with something like Ratchet & Clank thrown in every now and then for sheer enjoyment.

As you can imagine, having an interest in anime and videogaming is not something I have in common with other folks my age.

Oh, and just so you won't think I'm in my second (third? fourth?) childhood, I also play golf.

Despite the people who claimed ages in the 80+ range, I suspect I'm close to the oldest person who posts regularly on AS.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2007-03-19 at 20:57. Reason: Can't believe I spelt Miyazaki's name wrong!
Old 2007-01-05, 04:09   Link #244
Viperus

LOL , way to go , gramps just kidding

FF and SH are great series.

You should force your friends to watch anime , so you can casually talk about it during golf. ^_^
Old 2007-01-05, 11:27   Link #245
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel

Send a message via MSN to Red-Winged Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Red-Winged Angel
I am 17 turning 18 in Feb and well way to go SeijiSensei, glad to see people around your age are watching it, i have an uncle that is still into it and he is 45, and well he draws them too, and i agree with Viperus force your friends to watch it..lol that would be interesting
Old 2007-01-05, 15:45   Link #246
onepiecelover

I dont rememebr if I took this poll or not but oh well I am 18
Old 2007-01-05, 16:09   Link #247
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
OK, all you twenty-somethings that are feeling old here. I'm really 57 and have been watching anime for perhaps three years now. I'm a single dad with a fifteen-year-old daughter who started reading manga about age twelve. The first serious anime work we watched (leaving out Pokemon and Powerpuff Girls) was Mononoke no Hime. I was struck both by how beautiful the artwork was and how serious a story Misayaki tells in that movie. Then we discovered the Anime Network On-Demand service and starting watching anime. At the time ADV was running nearly all of its major series -- NGE, Chobits, Kurumi, Angelic Layer, Excel Saga, etc., etc. -- and showing the all the episodes to boot. (Now it's more of a teaser service to attract DVD sales.) At this point, I'm actually more of a fan than she is. After all, I 'm posting here on AS, and she's taking with her friends on IM.

I also play videogames, primarily RPGs like Final Fantasy and Shadow Hearts, with something like Ratchet & Clank thrown in every now and then for sheer enjoyment.

As you can imagine, having an interest in anime and videogaming is not something I have in common with other folks my age.

Oh, and just so you won't think I'm in my second (third? fourth?) childhood, I also play golf.

Despite the people who claimed ages in the 80+ range, I suspect I'm close to the oldest person who posts regularly on AS.
Well, there's several of us not too far behind you but yes, its unusual to find people in our bracket ... though I have a lot of natural "nerd" connections from the space industry and high tech of people in the 40+ bracket who either have the same hobbies or equally odd ones. People who were reading LOTR and sci-fi or launching small rockets in the 60s, who later played D&D and put together micro-computers in the late 70s, or worked for aerospace or high tech, or belonged to the SCA, or were the first ones on the Internet (or compuserve or ...) ... or started playing the first computer games and kept up with it.

Anyway, you get the idea. I will say you're probably the actual oldest one that has admitted it so far. Both my sons and their girlfriends are late teen/20-something (and also anime/manga fans as well as fans of most of the above items) so that helps a lot in having people to share discoveries with for myself. My wife lets me do all the preview filtering for her so she just watches the "cream".

Ah well, the majority of any age group is boring and stuck in a rut... but I find the "mundanes" of my age group particularly boring... My wife's profession is medical and even her coworker-friends are more interesting than the general crowd. I *loathe* going to parent meetings at school - it makes my head hurt to hear well-dressed apparently successful people sometimes younger than me unable to put simple logical thoughts together or that express opinions that have absolutely no factual basis.
Old 2007-01-05, 16:22   Link #248
Kvikveg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Well, there's several of us not too far behind you but yes, its unusual to find people in our bracket ... though I have a lot of natural "nerd" connections from the space industry and high tech of people in the 40+ bracket who either have the same hobbies or equally odd ones. People who were reading LOTR and sci-fi or launching small rockets in the 60s, who later played D&D and put together micro-computers in the late 70s, or worked for aerospace or high tech, or belonged to the SCA, or were the first ones on the Internet (or compuserve or ...) ... or started playing the first computer games and kept up with it.

I am 28, I read LOTR in ninety-few, long before the movies came, watched my brother using C64 and later adding an extra chip and making my father furious (and I cursed the fate for not being able to use it because of him ). The other ones were left out either because of living in the eastern block or other reasons. Being simply younger. I am also a sci-fi fan - Asimov, Lem, etc. (Not the kill the martians-brainless-style.)

For me it is also hard to find curious, open and thinking people. Interesting ones. I mean I tried some sign-language, make now iaido and jodo, just quit the choir because I need time, I am interested in a lot of stuff, but most people are not. Luckily since I learned math I know several mathematicians and some physicists, and through them some really "nerd" people. XD

Good to know people like you are out there.
Old 2007-01-08, 21:24   Link #249
yukiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvikveg View Post
I am 28, I read LOTR in ninety-few, long before the movies came, watched my brother using C64 and later adding an extra chip and making my father furious (and I cursed the fate for not being able to use it because of him ). The other ones were left out either because of living in the eastern block or other reasons. Being simply younger. I am also a sci-fi fan - Asimov, Lem, etc. (Not the kill the martians-brainless-style.)
I am 25, read LOTR for the first time 15 years ago... but I'm wondering why people are mentioning that here...lol... and just seeing someone mentioning eatern block here makes me feel kind of strange - means someone still remembers those times... and I also love sci-fi - Lem, Asimov, Dick, to mention just a few authors.

Quote:
For me it is also hard to find curious, open and thinking people.
it really seems we have a lot in common...lol

Quote:
I am interested in a lot of stuff, but most people are not.
anyway, 3 years after my first meeting with LOTR I got hung up on role playing games and been there ever since (a kind of "nerd" people, hehe)... with a few other strange-for-a-girl hobbies on the side, like computers (more "nerd" people), computer games (even more of "nerd" people), playing go (other kind of "nerd" people), one collectible card game (still more "nerd" people), dark side of star wars (guess what? lol), japanese culture... and finally anime... and I will not even try to list the rest... too many.

sometimes I'm just thinking what I'm doing among all those "nerd" people, and then, as a result, for a while I just have to stop wondering why 99% of people I meet online thinks I am a guy

oops... sorry... that was long... and I was just supposed to write I was 25... oh well... LOL
Old 2007-01-09, 17:47   Link #250
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody_br View Post
well...i'll have 20 in 17 of july...these are my last moments as a teen...
me too instead I'm earlier, 20 in June 13.......
Old 2007-01-09, 18:50   Link #251
x_Kotori_x
*Vice Captain Yuki*

18 here (19 in june) : Db
Old 2007-01-12, 17:17   Link #252
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
I changed age group yesterday, I fell old
Old 2007-01-12, 19:14   Link #253
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

25 yrs youg. Why do you ppl insist on being old?
Old 2007-01-12, 19:20   Link #254
soulsama

Send a message via MSN to soulsama
sexteen lol
Old 2007-01-14, 02:38   Link #255
Late Splinter
Sutherland Pilot

I turned sixteen on October 8th and unlike many of my piers, I really don't want to grow up. Only two more years until I get the boot...
Old 2007-01-15, 18:30   Link #256
Kaijin
かいじん

Seeing the results makes me feel old...........
Old 2007-01-15, 18:33   Link #257
Ryota Hayami
Ciel Blue

Im not gonna lie.

Im 17 as you can see under my avatar.
Old 2007-01-16, 04:12   Link #258
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
19 now, soon to be 20 (on 3rd march)
Old 2007-01-16, 05:07   Link #259
kyoji-kun
2DestroyU

I'm 19 but I'm tuning 20 this coming March...even if I'm getting older I still think like a 15 yr old kid! ahahahaha! ^^
Old 2007-01-18, 19:01   Link #260
Lavabyle
A Ninny Moose

Wow, i thought there'd be more people 10-14. I just turned 14 this december, so i guess i'm a part of the younger group here on a-suki ^.^
Closed Thread

Tags
how old