Old 2008-02-23, 00:19   Link #21
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoulover View Post
Can't really wait for this one ^^;;

hmm...it's today when the RAW ver will come out isn't ^^
Yup, raws will be coming out roughly around 7 to 8 hours from now, though the actual broadcast will air 4 hours from now.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 00:41   Link #22
ckthye86
Almost 24/7 busy >.<

Won't be able to see ep. 20 that fast from my place here, so make sure you guys DO post awesome screenshots...heheh
ckthye86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 00:53   Link #23
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Last I checked the people involved in designing the gundams aren't 20 years old nor they do any of them go by the name of Papaya so I don't see how you can determine what constitutes a good gundam 00 design.

Basically it's just your own opinion.
Duh it's my opinion. 99% of the posts in this forum... nevermind, the entire board, is opinion.

As my English professor says, it's worthless to say something is your opinion when, since it's coming out of your mouth, and it's on a medium for discussion, it's pretty obvious you're stating your opinions.

Besides, it's pretty funny, because if all these little one-line "I love Gundam it's so cool" posts get 100% ignored, but someone comes in with a minuscule bit of criticism or negative opinion and he instantly gets negative-repped and a few follow-up replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Are we talking about the thing that looks like a Freeza Transformation?
This is an excellent example of what I mean. It doesn't look like something that belongs in a Gundam series. All the previous MS designs so far are very radical for a Gundam series, but they have a really nice sense of belonging. I don't think there's a single person on these forums that doesn't think the Flag is badass. It's also pretty obvious from reading peoples' opinions on viewing the preview pics and lineart of the GN-X that not everyone thinks it's the most beautiful piece of MS design in 00.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 01:17   Link #24
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Duh it's my opinion. 99% of the posts in this forum... nevermind, the entire board, is opinion.
What part of
Quote:
I'm not sure "What constitutes a good Gundam 00 design is something that looks like it belongs in the universe." is an opinion. (Afterall it's the director and designers that come up with them because that's what they want in the show) We were asking him how it doesn't fit in the universe.
Did you not understand? That was what I was pointing out. You were saying it as a fact not as an opinion which Lowegear addressed. And basically in the previous post I was also clearing out any potential misunderstandings by pointing out that it was an opinion so take it easy.

Quote:
It's also pretty obvious from reading peoples' opinions on viewing the preview pics and lineart of the GN-X that not everyone thinks it's the most beautiful piece of MS design in 00.
Uh yeah its obvious from the start even before seeing the pics that not everyone is going to have the same opinion.

I'm thinking it's meant to look like that due to its role as an "anti-gundam" unit so its not something we should all adore though we'll see it in action yet.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 01:31   Link #25
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
What part of

Did you not understand? That was what I was pointing out. You were saying it as a fact not as an opinion which Lowegear addressed. And basically in the previous post I was also clearing out any potential misunderstandings by pointing out that it was an opinion so take it easy.

Uh yeah its obvious from the start even before seeing the pics that not everyone is going to have the same opinion.

I'm thinking it's meant to look like that due to its role as an "anti-gundam" unit so its not something we should all adore though we'll see it in action yet.
How is that a "fact"?

Do I have to put "IMO" before saying anything here or people will misconstrue it?

Here you go: IMO, what constitutes a good Gundam 00 design is something that looks like it belongs in the universe.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 01:38   Link #26
EXEs
Hallelujah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yup, raws will be coming out roughly around 7 to 8 hours from now, though the actual broadcast will air 4 hours from now.
Nah, sometimes they come out in like 1 hour after airtime . If you search hard enough.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 02:32   Link #27
kyoulover
He who despise the world

Send a message via Yahoo to kyoulover
Quote:
Then i'll really waiting for this one just as usual...

and hey...from some spoiler i read....looks like there will be many big thing's going on later episode...
kyoulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 02:35   Link #28
highvision
A.O.S.A.

Its great if we do get to see the new suits in this episode but the question is how are the blocs pumping out these suits so fast when these drives have JUST been given to them?
highvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 02:43   Link #29
Marsala
Delurker

The suits probably came with the drives.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 03:46   Link #30
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
The suits probably came with the drives.
As seen in the preview, the suits DID NOT come with the GN drives installed, instead there was a hole in the MS's chassis (Mecha hollow anyone? ). GN Drives seem to slot into the MS.... I'd expect like a 1 month timeskip or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvision View Post
Its great if we do get to see the new suits in this episode but the question is how are the blocs pumping out these suits so fast when these drives have JUST been given to them?
Well only the HRL has suits... as the result of sunrise stereotyping china's manpower surplus.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 03:55   Link #31
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkpenalty View Post
As seen in the preview, the suits DID NOT come with the GN drives installed, instead there was a hole in the MS's chassis (Mecha hollow anyone? ). GN Drives seem to slot into the MS.... I'd expect like a 1 month timeskip or something.
So some assembly was required... however, the suits were probably provided at the same time from the same source.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 03:56   Link #32
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Besides, it's pretty funny, because if all these little one-line "I love Gundam it's so cool" posts get 100% ignored, but someone comes in with a minuscule bit of criticism or negative opinion and he instantly gets negative-repped and a few follow-up replies.
Well it's not like you did anything wrong....

I don't know, maybe I've just seen what real bull criticism is like in my journeys, but I thought you just didn't like the design. Maybe if you had acted like it was the end of the world and it was going to bring down the whole show (I know a couple of people who have probably already decided how to attack the show in general from that avenue. Some people like to generalize traits across entire studios and shows these days when discussing rather specific attributes of the show. In this case it's the mecha designer one would want to be asking the questions to and not the guy who's forced to animate the design in the show if he wants to keep his job), but your pretty reasonable. Plus I don't really like the design either. Maybe it's just not painted yet or something, but it looks kind of bland and like it belongs in a Super Robot show as a Kaiju Beast.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 04:03   Link #33
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Lowe's Weekly Screencaps Episode 20

MISSION START!!!!!

Spoiler for For our first screens:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-23, 04:04   Link #34
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
MISSION START!!!!!

Spoiler for For our first screens:
she suicide?
Old 2008-02-23, 04:07   Link #35
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Saji's visions:

Spoiler for Three Leaders Together:

Spoiler for Alejandro Corner:

Spoiler for Guess who shows up once again...:

Old 2008-02-23, 04:14   Link #36
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I bet the thing about louise is her deteriorating arm.... and the exposure to the Red GN Particles...
Old 2008-02-23, 04:19   Link #37
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Spoiler for Saji's visions:

Spoiler for Three Leaders Together:

Spoiler for Alejandro Corner:

Spoiler for Guess who shows up once again...:
*shudders*

Is it just me or does Alejandro have evil vibes?
Old 2008-02-23, 04:19   Link #38
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Strike 1: Katagiri and some blueprints:

Spoiler for GN-X Blueprints:

Spoiler for OverFlags:

Old 2008-02-23, 04:21   Link #39
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Spoiler for Strike 1: Katagiri and some blueprints:

Spoiler for GN-X Blueprints:

Spoiler for OverFlags:
Dear sunrise, please dont discontinue flags and make them have a GN drive.
Old 2008-02-23, 04:25   Link #40
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Katie and Patrick Show:

Spoiler for Kinue and Ali:

Spoiler for Kinue....: