AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-13, 12:49   Link #2941
eavein18

Igurashi is the one that draw Saki achiga right? Saki achiga's release probably won't be disrupted.

I'm more concerned about saki ch 109... Dear (Whoever-It-Is-That-Live-Above) let saki ch 109 be released tomorrow (a vain hope, I know, but still hoping TT_TT)
eavein18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 12:55   Link #2942
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
We just need to wait and hope that Ritz will be fine and can do the next chapter already though it will be delayed right? with the announcement of her getting surgery or is it not confirmed a delay release?
They only annouced the main series to be delayed, actually.

Moreover, Achiga-hen is drawn by other person, Ritz only need to tell him the script.
Old 2013-02-13, 12:56   Link #2943
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

The scary thing about Both shizu and Saki is that we know there is more to them that what they showed , but don't know how much.
But if Shizu end up having multiple-abilty ...

For the 'montain theory' I couldnt help but thing this would be fun as Saki is " The flower atop the montain"
Old 2013-02-13, 13:01   Link #2944
fukarming

Thx for everyone to remind me the Chan-Kan Yumi pulls off on Saki.

Just a sudden thought: maybe Saki should bring a stronger player to the final (if she still has the luxury to choose in the semi-final) instead of a weaker one. Even in the prefectual final Koromo don't really ron directly from Saki, but keep on getting scores from the weakest player (Kana) and or course Haitei. Since Saki will not dealt into a hand (for the past 7 years she only dealt into a hand once unintentionally), and Awai seems cannot Tsumo when activiting her double-richi ability (all her hands on rons), Saki will only have a hard time if someone keep on dealting into Awai. If the other players are strong, they can even out the table so Saki don't need to go for a crazy Yakuman hand at the end.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 13:26   Link #2945
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
They only annouced the main series to be delayed, actually.

Moreover, Achiga-hen is drawn by other person, Ritz only need to tell him the script.

a...all my dreams
Old 2013-02-13, 16:27   Link #2946
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Saki the only other thing that can rival horizon in boob size!
Old 2013-02-13, 19:04   Link #2947
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Saki the only other thing that can rival horizon in boob size!
I think the shear size of boobs in horizon is still much bigger than in saki. Plus there are many of them in horizon that its like a norm that neito and masazumi are rare creature. At least in Saki there are still normality even though some are huge but at least its not the majority.
Old 2013-02-13, 20:09   Link #2948
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off View Post
For the 'montain theory' I couldnt help but thing this would be fun as Saki is " The flower atop the montain"
Yeah... on the finals, it would be something like...

Harue: "So, Shizu... do you see those three girls... do you think you can conquer those three mountains? Can you make your way through the finals?"
Shizu: "Yes, I have an excellent view... I can see so clearly that I see flowers along the mountain ridges... I think we're screwed! "
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 20:20   Link #2949
Marina2

Think reverse: By conquering the mountains, everything on it will be conquered too.

Saki: Look, there are flowers blomming all over the mountain
Shizu: So, what? entire mountain is mine. Do I have to tell you that's I'm actually standing on the tree atop the montain???
Old 2013-02-13, 23:19   Link #2950
eavein18

(just for fun)

Harue: "So, Shizu... do you see those three girls... do you think you can conquer those three mountains? Can you make your way through the finals?"

Shizu: "Yes, I have an excellent view... I can see a flower fairy making flowers bloom!!!"

Harue:
Old 2013-02-14, 00:15   Link #2951
orangejuicetang

After reading chap 19, to touch on an earlier topic of discussion, but I actually like how they handled Harue 'noticing' Awai's ability. Because unlike FunaQ and even Yumi/Hisa, who review their opponents by simply going through a record of their opponents hands during the games they played, Harue actually takes the time to watch the videos of the player's playing, and noticed the one player reacting in a similar way that Saki reacted to Koromo when Koromo first activated her powers, an 'oh god I'm screwed' type feeling. And even then, it's not like Harue figured out the whole corner's weakness or what exactly the power was, but it was more like 'When Awai does a double riichi, you should play super careful up to the part where she makes a Kan, because she's probably using some kind of ability.' Which is a strategy that FunaQ also realizes within just seeing Awai use the supernova one game, and which thinking about it makes logical sense.

Onto Shizu's ability, I sort of do like how Koromo mentioned she failed twice. Because the first time it happens, the ability user in question like Awai and others might just put it up to a 'fluke' or 'losing focus', but on the second time, when Koromo was paying attention and 100% focused and still couldn't manage it, that's when she probably realizes that something is happening.

Interested in the fact that Teru mentions that there are about 10 high schoolers who can break Awai's ability. I wonder if we've already seen a few of these players, maybe a few 'monsters' over on Kiyosumi's side of the bracket?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 01:38   Link #2952
eavein18

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
After reading chap 19, to touch on an earlier topic of discussion, but I actually like how they handled Harue 'noticing' Awai's ability. Because unlike FunaQ and even Yumi/Hisa, who review their opponents by simply going through a record of their opponents hands during the games they played, Harue actually takes the time to watch the videos of the player's playing, and noticed the one player reacting in a similar way that Saki reacted to Koromo when Koromo first activated her powers, an 'oh god I'm screwed' type feeling. And even then, it's not like Harue figured out the whole corner's weakness or what exactly the power was, but it was more like 'When Awai does a double riichi, you should play super careful up to the part where she makes a Kan, because she's probably using some kind of ability.' Which is a strategy that FunaQ also realizes within just seeing Awai use the supernova one game, and which thinking about it makes logical sense.

Onto Shizu's ability, I sort of do like how Koromo mentioned she failed twice. Because the first time it happens, the ability user in question like Awai and others might just put it up to a 'fluke' or 'losing focus', but on the second time, when Koromo was paying attention and 100% focused and still couldn't manage it, that's when she probably realizes that something is happening.

Interested in the fact that Teru mentions that there are about 10 high schoolers who can break Awai's ability. I wonder if we've already seen a few of these players, maybe a few 'monsters' over on Kiyosumi's side of the bracket?

Hisa is watching their match, hopefully Hisa will be able to figure it out + a very useful hint from Koromo about Shizu'a ability, ganbatte Kiyosumi~

Awai is first year and first time she play at national right? I wonder how Teru come into conclusion 'about 10 player can break it' when Awaii has never play at national before...

Toyone and Kasumi probably would be able to...

Toyone using pursuit riichi and Kasumi hoarding 1 suit

Hmmm... wonder if Sae's tenpai-blocker can work... probably can if and only if Awai's starting hand isn't in tenpai already

Awai declaring Riichi means she can't change her hand, so Toki will be fine.

If Saki can build her hand faster then awai's kan, awai would probably get ron-ed by Saki (because Awai discard the tile she got from dead wall *which saki is waiting for*)

Since we have no idea about rinkai and uzu-something, that's the only one I can think of...

(Ritz why u have to be hospitalized....)
Old 2013-02-14, 07:02   Link #2953
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Thx for everyone to remind me the Chan-Kan Yumi pulls off on Saki.

Just a sudden thought: maybe Saki should bring a stronger player to the final (if she still has the luxury to choose in the semi-final) instead of a weaker one. Even in the prefectual final Koromo don't really ron directly from Saki, but keep on getting scores from the weakest player (Kana) and or course Haitei. Since Saki will not dealt into a hand (for the past 7 years she only dealt into a hand once unintentionally), and Awai seems cannot Tsumo when activiting her double-richi ability (all her hands on rons), Saki will only have a hard time if someone keep on dealting into Awai. If the other players are strong, they can even out the table so Saki don't need to go for a crazy Yakuman hand at the end.
if i remember it right saki also got ron'd against maho (using hisa ability) at training camp.

but looking at awai i really hope she able to do consecutive kan like saki or got more than 4 ura dora

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 09:56   Link #2954
Fragment off
Reader or Writer

Quote:
Think reverse: By conquering the mountains, everything on it will be conquered too.

Saki: Look, there are flowers blomming all over the mountain
Shizu: So, what? entire mountain is mine. Do I have to tell you that's I'm actually standing on the tree atop the montain???
Saki is the flower that Top the tallest montain , where no other can bloom.
If the mountains are the strong player Saki is the one Atop the strongest , no matter who it is she is atop, you can't run away , she will alway be here
Old 2013-02-14, 12:41   Link #2955
NeutralZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragment off
...you can't run away, she will always be here
That line kinda make Saki looks like a stalker...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 19:46   Link #2956
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
That line kinda make Saki looks like a stalker...
And what's funny is that Saki can never be a good stalker... she always had a hard time locating a stationary toilet and have the habit of tripping herself...

I say who else here would agree to let Igurashi~sensei to do the art for the main manga as well? I know there will be some changes from the art style but we've been following achiga-hen for quite some time and we're used to its style by now... the downside is the drop on boobs quality and I know a number of people here loves their boobs toned to perfection... what? don't look at me like I'm one of those oppai-loving bunch... seriously now... we'll have a drop on boobs quality but we might get double the number of pages or maybe even more... not to mention a lot of progress in the main story... not bad, right?
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 19:58   Link #2957
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarajis View Post
A
I say who else here would agree to let Igurashi~sensei to do the art for the main manga as well? I know there will be some changes from the art style but we've been following achiga-hen for quite some time and we're used to its style by now... the downside is the drop on boobs quality and I know a number of people here loves their boobs toned to perfection... what? don't look at me like I'm one of those oppai-loving bunch... seriously now... we'll have a drop on boobs quality but we might get double the number of pages or maybe even more... not to mention a lot of progress in the main story... not bad, right?
In my opinion, Achiga manga have so much better artwork compare to Saki while Ritz's artwork is getting worst (i.e. Characters looks younger as time passed). So, I would gladly welcome if Igurashi~sensei work for main manga too.
Old 2013-02-14, 20:43   Link #2958
morli

Quote:
In my opinion, Achiga manga have so much better artwork compare to Saki while Ritz's artwork is getting worst (i.e. Characters looks younger as time passed). So, I would gladly welcome if Igurashi~sensei work for main manga too.
Between 15 pages and 70 pages? Of course I will gladly welcome Igarashi than Ritz. Although the main character will switch to Shizu maybe...
Old 2013-02-14, 21:19   Link #2959
teja208
Critical fanboy

With some arrangement and the fact that Achiga is ending, I welcome the idea of having Igurashi-san reigning over the main manga art for a while at least. That way the manga can continue without putting much strain on Ritz-sensei until she fully recovers. And while I enjoy Ritz's obssession with big boobs but with her current condition, I'm more than willing to go with this for the time being.

EDIT: Moreover, if the main manga speeds up in the progress then we maybe able to have Side B semifinals adapt for the new season.

Last edited by teja208; 2013-02-14 at 21:44.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 21:20   Link #2960
Sumeragi
Banned

No, I would be completely against that.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri