AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-06, 13:37   Link #101
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Cruz is a far less useful character as most of the later battlefields are Dawn or Night locked usually... You don't see Noon as often. And as mentioned there are far more Elena-only items (Masks, claws, crossbows, etc.)

Good ol' Flame. Nothing like some BBQ Griffons! Boost your GEN to boot!
Plus it roasts Undines fairly nicely.

Yeah bigger character art. This helps a lot for 99% of the cast, as only Milanor, Yggdra, and Gulcasa got full-body art I think.
Old 2007-12-07, 01:51   Link #102
Lord Ryo
Noblesse Oblige

Send a message via AIM to Lord Ryo
This game is gonna rock!! I have to buy a PSP! More body art, new characters, new chapters, it's like a dream come true.

And yeah, I tried to use Cruz, but found him to be much less useful than Elena, but then again, Bloody Claw is too awesome...

Also, how many new chapters are there? A good amount?...
Lord Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 13:48   Link #103
krisslanza

Unsure of how many new chapters really... Assuming one per new character (We've seen 3 so far) and assuming No.367 and the Soldier guy are separate levels... Could be at least 5 new battlefields.

Total shot in the dark though here.
Old 2007-12-07, 15:57   Link #104
krisslanza

Sorry double postu for updateu!

Things were added to the Special section. I however, cannot make out anything about them due to my extremely poor Japanese skills. Anyone wanna try that?

Rosary and Roswell added to the character roster! ^.^
Old 2007-12-07, 20:33   Link #105
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The specials are just comments by the voice actors. Today's specials are the voice actors for Rosary and Roswell.

Rosary - Heh~ That voice is pretty good. Especially the "Haa~~h?" part at the beginning.

Roswell - Still good. Is his field avatar a bit more blue now?...

Either way, cheers to the wonderfully useful staff users! May it be those self-destructive golems or the lazy skeletons!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 16:02   Link #106
krisslanza

Ah I see, I see. Glad someone here knows how to read Japanese

Although really Golems and Skeletons are pretty much only good as cannon fodder. Like Phantoms in Fire Emblem, their effectiveness is lessened later in the game. Mostly due to their god awful stats, they're next to worthless in the endgame.
Old 2007-12-12, 01:31   Link #107
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Update:

Character:

Ishiene- No complaints about her voice; poor girl... Her fate was set the moment she decided to protect the queen...

Tactic Card:

Blizzard/Diamond Storm - Just another basic element attack card; the freezing ability doesn't have much use later; though Nietzche gets items that gives her "Ice Attack Up". Blizzard/Diamond Storm + Ice Attack Up = Critical! (All but head, if I'm correct)

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-12, 15:17   Link #108
krisslanza

Oh yeah poor Ishiene... Although in Japan you could abuse a glitch with her Brave Ring to get cards up to well... As high as you wanted (By forcing the Ring's effect to activate, restoring Ishiene's morale. It caused a glitch to set her POW Up to 9999 or something. So you'd just fight her until you kill her or run out of cards, then mess up on purpose to Restart it over and over)

You got it right
Although when you have a elemental up item going with the correct elemental attack I think it's called 'Fatal Damage' or something, will kill all Units BUT the Head or the Head if it's alone. Of course if you have elemental up item, the right elemental card, AND the enemy is weak to that element you deal 'Overkill' damage which kills them instantly.
Old 2007-12-14, 15:31   Link #109
krisslanza

Double postu for updateu!

Emilia is added. Can't listen to her voice though since library computers lack sound unless you have headphones... She's 14 though. That surprised me.
Old 2007-12-14, 17:33   Link #110
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Emilio/Emilia (one of the few characters that had a name change)

Well... her voice fits.
I didn't know she used "boku" for I.

I knew she was 14 before. I think it was on lacrimacastle...

Well... Even if she is 14...
Spoiler for her fate...:

Gravity Chaos... It's really nasty! Especially that stage where you fight Eudy, Emilia, and Leon all at once near the castle (stage right before fighting Baldus and Gulcasa). The moment the battle starts, she attacks and unions. The worst part is that your units are set-up so they union too.
She'll definitely pull off Gravity Chaos at least once, unless you let her win and damage your morale... And it's worse if Durant/Nietzche gets sucked into the union. >_<

Old 2007-12-17, 15:40   Link #111
krisslanza

Yeah that IS a pain... Since I don't think there isn't a way to NOT get Nietzsche/Durant in the Union, unless you want to have all the Riders butcher a single unit >_<

But Gravity Chaos is a good card once YOU have it. ^^b
Old 2007-12-17, 17:38   Link #112
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Yeah that IS a pain... Since I don't think there isn't a way to NOT get Nietzsche/Durant in the Union, unless you want to have all the Riders butcher a single unit >_<
Hmmm... That is true, but there is one way.

*Note* I'm using a map from Gamefaqs as a guide...

If you have Rosary, you can place her next to the Griffons (the left most). If, and only if, the Griffons decide to attack Milanor, who is diagonally down-right two spaces, the union will be Milanor (getting attacked), Rosary (Chained by union), and Yggdra (Further chained by union), which would leave the other unit aside... I think.

Old 2007-12-17, 22:55   Link #113
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Tips to those who'll play Yggdra Union for the 1st time:
Use Nietzsche rather than Durant.
Power her up and you can have a 25% chance of survival on the game.
Old 2007-12-18, 15:11   Link #114
krisslanza

I've never had Emilia's forces attack anyone but Yggdra... I don't think they even move. The key is to finish the previous Battleground with a really good card (POW-wise) or with something like Shield Barrier, to block Gravity Chaos.
Old 2007-12-19, 00:23   Link #115
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Update:

Dort - He's the desert bandit leader (I messed up last time ). Just your average bandit who believes in a chunk of rock that any witch could summon... His voice fits... to the point that it can get hard to understand him... -_-

Thunderbolt - Nothing much to say... Average element card... Apparently Cruz's best friend... Who was weak to thunder again?... I think it was only golems...

Old 2007-12-19, 14:58   Link #116
krisslanza

Actually it's not even a chunk of rock... It's a guy wearing a Golem Suit, remember? :P
Fun level though... Hard to play since you need to meet the requirements and all.

Sounds correct. Fencers are immune to Thunder damage (Since they deal it out) and only Golems are weak to it as far as I recall. So largely useless.
Old 2007-12-19, 19:17   Link #117
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Actually it's not even a chunk of rock... It's a guy wearing a Golem Suit, remember? :P
Fun level though... Hard to play since you need to meet the requirements and all.
Oh? I don't remember clearly, but I recall a "Golem Suit" item or something.
Doesn't that make those desert bandits even more stupid? -_-

The second time I went through the game, I completely skipped the stage without noticing. Then, afterwards, I found out about the requirements...

Old 2007-12-20, 14:56   Link #118
krisslanza

I'm pretty sure one of the requirements of being a bandit is: You can't be smart.
Smart people would know challenging a girl wielding a big sword with an army: VERY BAD IDEA.

I think I went through the game three or four times before I even knew of that level at all
Old 2007-12-21, 14:15   Link #119
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Update~

Russell - His voice is good, but it feels really blunt at times. Like an air of "I said it. Do it."
Well, even though Yggdra is also a sword user, I always liked using Russel. Good guy, in battle and personality. He also can get a big morale boost from the item his fiance gives him. His card is useless though.

I remember reading somewhere that people like making parings of Russell and someone, even though he has a fiance.

Old 2007-12-21, 14:36   Link #120
krisslanza

Russel... Another example, for me, of: Good character, but never enough units to use in a map to use him...
His redeeming feature are any katana-type swords you find only he can use. Usually Yggdra can use the swords he can. Among the Russel only weapons the Shin-Zantetsu is a beast. Not only does it boost all his stats it inflicts Maximum Morale damage. Zantetsu isn't bad either, boosting all but 1 and giving him O against Golems.

And yes. That is highly true. I believe in Japan... One of the most popular, or well-known yaoi pairings is Russel and Roswell.
Must be the long hair. I'll note however, I don't know of any pairings involving Flone (Well aside from canon Russel and Flone).

Tags
psp, sting