AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-08-30, 03:37   Link #41
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm... I loved Gunbuster and FLCL's endings, liked Nadia's ending, but Wings of Honneamise... IMO it got to be the worst ending ever, I mean, suddenly it changes from a great show with realistic emotions and characters into some sort of a religious sermon for the last five minutes. Very lame IMO

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-08-30 at 19:26.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 08:36   Link #42
Altasia

Yumeria, worst ending ever.
realy had a bad feeling after this ending,
Altasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 08:49   Link #43
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch
Berserk ending was horrible, but then again it wasn't meant to be an ending. Anyone that watched it without knowing they would have to read the manga afterward to know what happens had to of been pissed, hell I knew it would just cut off and I was still pissed.
I let my friend borrow my copy of berserk a few weeks back and he was hooked. I didn't give him the last 2 disc's because I didn't know whether or not he would like it. He end up begging me for the last 2 disc and I gave them to him, with a warning. "This isn't going to have a happy, life is good, everything is going to be better ending. Plus you have to watch the first ep again to help you" is what I said to prep him for it. He watched the last part with his gf and the next time I saw him he was pissed. Surprsed, because I said it was a good series, I told him to read the manga to get a better understanding, but he said Hell NO, he didn't want to know anything about it afterwards.
Silent Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 10:47   Link #44
Ending

Outlaw Star. They bring all the characters back, mix them up, make sworn enemies friends (Harry), and bring out some utopistic machine. It all simply stepped over the line, IMO, and brought a disappointing ending to othewise great anime (excluding the strange/ignored parts, like the protagonist getting shot directly to chest in episode 2 or 3, Harry suddenly becoming a "friend" after trying to murder them all, Clan-Clan being actually a spy, etc, etc).
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 17:26   Link #45
Cthugua
正八位衛門大志

The worst, was Gundam SEED. The directors tried making it all philosophical and stuff, but what they did was just list some random words that sound cool. But I'm pretty sure that Ragnarok the Animation will have an equally horrible ending, if not worse.
Cthugua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 17:57   Link #46
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
The endings that piss me off are the ones where I was expecting something better, but the pull a rush job and make it lame or cheesey instead. Perfect examples are Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade and Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, both of which I enjoyed up until the disappointing endings.

note: I just realized those are both from Gainax, and that Mahoromatic had the same problem. Maybe there was so much backlash from Evangelion's weirdness and KareKano's lack of an ending, that they lost the will to end a series properly. After all, the pre-eva stuff is good; Honneamise, Gunbuster and Nadia all had great endings.
Well gainax isn't really known for good endings. The ending to nadia wasn't all that great either. Gunbuster and honneamise, I haven't seen, not quite sure how they slipped past me, as I've been meaing to watch them both for quite some time... Still I didn't think the ending to konomini was bad. It wasn't what I, or anyone else, wanted to see, but it was not horrible.
As for Mahoro, the last episode was the worst ending I've seen, at least that I can think of right now. I mean seriously, what was up with that? If you forget it exists, that series is a lot better.
Old 2004-08-30, 19:24   Link #47
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
Peace Maker Kurogane - i was going to drop this after seeing only the first couple of episodes but sticked to it cuz heard good reviews , but at the end it just was missing something , i probably didnt get it , but that was a crappy ending , just wasnt there for me.

Midori no Hibi - not a bad ending , but im just mad they stoped at 13 , i wanted to see more of midori and seiji .

Avenger - i actually stopped seeing this because after 5 episodes it was going nowhere , but already had downloaded it , so anyways , really bad ending.

Dragon Ball Z/Gt - not even gonna say anything
Anbu_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 20:56   Link #48
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
The worst anime ending is from Creamy Mami in my opinion. In fact it's so bad that I'll only tell you how it ends if you PM me.

The Pokemon movie ending sucked too. I hate FLCL's ending. It sucked out loud. Now I regret not giving it 2 stars when the review thing was still around.
Razer-san, which Pokemon movie? There are seven. ^.^;;

I didn't like the ending to Rave. It just...ended with nothing resolved. I mean, sure, Mashima-san didn't finish the manga yet--it's still going, actually--but maybe they can concoct a season three?
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 01:42   Link #49
junko
model bliss

I absolutely hated the ending of Ranma 1/2. I almost cried out of frustration. I mean, WTF was that?! Oh, and Angelic Layer. It was too goody-goody for its own good.
Spoiler:
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 02:40   Link #50
hooliganj
Team Player

The ending to Ranma was just like the rest of the series, really funny, but also really pointless.

Spoiler for Angelic Layer ending & manga:

As long as were talking about CLAMP endings, when is X going to end anyway?
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 03:15   Link #51
DekaMaster
Banned

Worst endings for me:

Saber Marionette J to X they just ruined the entire series for me with that garbage.

Tokyo UnderGround just stopped didn't care for it.

Flame Of Recca still needs a season 2

Groove Adventure Rave same reason as Recca
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 08:48   Link #52
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi-chan
Razer-san, which Pokemon movie? There are seven. ^.^;;
The first Pokemon movie.

Spoiler:

I can't believe I went tot pay for it at the movies. Thank God it wasn't out of my own pocket or this would be a travasty.

I've deided to let everyonbe know how Creamy Mami ends:

Spoiler for trueky the worst ending of all.:
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 09:34   Link #53
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
The first Pokemon movie.

Spoiler:

I can't believe I went tot pay for it at the movies. Thank God it wasn't out of my own pocket or this would be a travasty.
Yeah, I get what you're coming at. But I still very much enjoyed the movie. Especially the part where Satoshi turns into stone and all the Pokemon's tears resurrect him. Should this be spoiler-ed?
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 12:39   Link #54
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
I hated Berserk's ending until I read the manga. Then I realised that was a perfect time to end the series.
Huh? The anime ended right after Guts cuts off his hand, right? You think Berserk sucks after the flashback? So there is somebody else who also thinks the youth flashback is the best part of Berserk. Good to hear.

NGE's ending sucked ( I still haven't seen the movies ) and so did Hellsing's ending too. Luckily manga adaptations are still runing .
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 12:51   Link #55
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Thumbs down Late Anime review from Razer_2mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi-chan
Yeah, I get what you're coming at. But I still very much enjoyed the movie.
Spoiler:
Should this be spoiler-ed?

Yes, but you did save them from wasting 69 minutes of their lives by spoiling the ending of the movie. I think now would be a good time to bring up my review from long ago.

Title: Pokemon: The First Movie
Genre: Action
Year: 1999

Synopsis

Ash and his friends get called to a Castle in the middle of the ocean (no joke) by some unknown person who happens to be Mewtwo. Mewtwo is the villain who wants to kill all non-cloned Pokemon and create a race of unholy super clones. Now Ash and Pikachu must fight to save all of the non-cloned and cloned Pokemon. (Note: In the Japanese version, Mewtwo was not a violent psychopath for the hell of it, but on a spiritual journey of some sort.)

Review

Shoot me. Shoot me now for the love of God.

During this time years back, I’ll admit it. I was a Pokemon fan (and I kinda one right now.) I was getting excited to see the first movie and after I left, I was like, “What the hell was that?! That movie really sucked!” Let me explain.

Ash is the obligatory hero with his mascot, er..... Pokemon Pikachu. Ash is a 10 year old boy who is very hard-headed, but kind of an idiot. Pikachu is just a electric rat.
Misty is a whiny, loudmouthed girl who really annoys me.
Brock is the kick ass other guy who actually has a life. He cooks, cleans, makes sure to use things wisely. He’s also a pervert.

Mewtwo has the most f***ed up personality of them all from the original Japanese version from what I heard. He’s now a power hungry, destructive psychopath who thinks clones will rule the world. He’s completely out of character from his Japanese counterpart who just wants to find out why he exists here on this earth.

Team Rocket barely even exists in the movie itself. They dressed up like vikings. Jesse is the stuck up one, and James is the questionably gay one (who’s a guy). Meowth is their mascot who talks. Strange, I didn’t know cats had Brooklyn accents ^_~.

Mew just floats around like a little idiot who’s not important until later. Mew is a Duex ex Machina, but you didn’t need a spoiler tag to figure that out because that's just a gimme.

The English soundtrack burns my ears off. The music’s done by stupid stars who can’t sing (no offense to those who like it.) It’s still a dream if they can just leave the music alone.

Its lightly better than an average episode. It would get a 4 but God forbid they could make the Pokemon movies wide screen. The big chopping in a lot of scenes are just plain unforgivable. Not to meantion the subpar at best CG they used. This jut proves once again that anime shouldn't have CG if it sucks.

They messed it up so badly that they made it a been-there-done-that movie. Mewtwo is created by humans. He turns evil and kills all of them, then joins the leader of Team Rocket, Giovanni. Then later, Mewtwo finds out he’s being used again and goes insane for no reason. Mewtwo decides that all humans are evil and must die, so why not lure them to your death castle fortress? Fights break out and now insert the battle between Mew and Mewtwo.
Spoiler:

I hope this review changes your mind to not see this movie. I saved you a few bucks from buying it. I personally wouldn’t even rent it.

Characters: 2/5
Can’t give much credit to a kids show, there was barely (if any) character development.

Animation: 3/5
Slightly better than an average episode, which is still sub par at best, also it’s all choppy because 4Kids and Warner Brothers is too cheap for wide screen. I hate those jerks.

Plot: 1/5
Plot? Don’t make me laugh. I could’ve pulled out a better plot from my ass. This is one of the stupidest plots I’ve even seen, aslo the most messed up from Japanese to English version. Mewtwo was not a psychopath in the Japanese version, but just spiritually challenged about why was he created for whatever reason.

Music: 1/5
For the love of God make it stop. MAKE IT STOP! My ears are bleeding! I need a doctor!
Some of the music tracks are almost as bad as the song Busy Child and in some ways wore.

Overall: 1/5
This is a poor excuse of a movie. I’m ashamed to call this a Pokemon related thing. I can’t believe we even own this piece of tripe. The show is so much better. As if it couldn’t get any worse, God help us, there’s a sequel.

Audience Appropriateness

Little children. Sad little 7 year old children with nothing better to watch.

Recommended

Digimon, Pokemon: The Movie 2000, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Medabots, Beyblade, Duel Monsters, Pokemon Kanto League (On second thought, go watch that instead.), and every other monster anime out there.

Review by

Razer_2mb
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 13:01   Link #56
Antonik

Witch hunter Robin had a horible ending, very open.
Gungrave had a sad and stupid ending, if someone kills you and u get a chance to get him back do it,
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 15:54   Link #57
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoska
Huh? The anime ended right after Guts cuts off his hand, right? You think Berserk sucks after the flashback? So there is somebody else who also thinks the youth flashback is the best part of Berserk. Good to hear.
Eh, no. The Golden Age arc is probably the best, but I don't think Berserk sucks after that. I still think it's great.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 16:03   Link #58
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Well I didn't like the ending for hmmm I can't think very straight ^-^"

Um I know Saikano sucks ass...oh wait the whole anime sucked ass.... it was a pointless scream cliche .....

Hmmm i thought the Sailor Moon Anime ending sucked I was like 0_0 so then what.. I haven't seen enough bad endings.

I thought G-SEED was decent new season as well.

I guess I have seen to many real life movies that suck ass like "Them" man....
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 16:09   Link #59
SoulDrinker
wandering soul

Send a message via MSN to SoulDrinker
love hina again- the ending lefted a big opening, made me read the manga
SoulDrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 18:51   Link #60
Ending

Almost forgot that; they didn't even properly finish the relationships Keitaro had to the other "harem" members and otherwise it just felt too hastily pulled off. IMO, that ending should had come gradually -not suddenly by being "swooped to the sky" and "nice meeting ya! Goodbye!"
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote