AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-16, 05:37   Link #281
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Tsundere to the max.

I support the pairing.

Kotetsu thinks her only as a daughter. Though it seems Barnaby has met his approval to marry off Karina.

Not sure on the Kaede front yet.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 05:59   Link #282
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Well, it's obvious that Karina has a big crush on Kotetsu when Kotetsu think only of her as a "daughter". I'm rooting for this pairing too. It would be great if they canb end up together.

On Pixiv, KotestuXKarina piaring is getting more and more popular. I think we can say it's the second most popular pairing behind KotetsuXBarnaby one
Old 2011-05-16, 06:33   Link #283
Sebasu
~

Gah, I love this show. Kotetsu is such an awesome lead because he has great chemistry with almost everyone. From Bunny and Blue Rose, to Agnes and the costume-maker xD.

I enjoy the fandom and their pairings too. I gotta say Blue Rose looks better with Sky High (even though they're most likely just bros with each other). Pixiv even nicknamed the pairing as "Sky Blue". Unlikely to happen but who knows

And I totally support Origami Weaboo x Dragon Kid.

Old 2011-05-16, 06:44   Link #284
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebasu View Post
I enjoy the fandom and their pairings too. I gotta say Blue Rose looks better with Sky High (even though they're most likely just bros with each other). Pixiv even nicknamed the pairing as "Sky Blue". Unlikely to happen but who knows

Nah, nothing is better than that :

Oh and I'm glad we will see more of Origami in the next ep. Hope we can have an episode just for Dragon Kid too :3
Old 2011-05-16, 07:01   Link #285
Sebasu
~

^they're cute too, but more like father-daughter to me >.<

-
Just found this and it's so awesome - T&B/Persona 4 spin-off

Spoiler for gifs not made by me:
Old 2011-05-16, 08:58   Link #286
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I think the female TV producer, Agnes, is Kotetsu's ex-wife. That picture could be of her in her 20s. She's in his age range and she definitely hates his guts. She's at least an ex-girlfriend.

His daughter may not be living with her grandmother. It just seemed she spends time between homes.

It seems they've been treading around Kotetsu's private life until we get some background characters developed. We just know his career gets in the way of his personal life.

Kotetsu is around his mid to late 30s. He had a daughter very young. His daughter is in the 14, no? She's just a few years younger than Blue Rose.

Last edited by mechalord; 2011-05-16 at 09:21.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 10:28   Link #287
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I think the female TV producer, Agnes, is Kotetsu's ex-wife. That picture could be of her in her 20s. She's in his age range and she definitely hates his guts. She's at least an ex-girlfriend.
I think its fairly obvious they are two completely different people, Kotetsu is easily identifiable from his younger self to his current self. Agnes looks VERY different from Kotetsu's wife in the picture.

Also, wouldn't be so sure Agnes hates his guts.
Old 2011-05-16, 10:39   Link #288
AlaAlba

10 out of 10 for ep 7, the battle sequences are awesome, maybe just as awesome as Karas' (or a little less because Karas' was longer ^)

Count me in on Kotetsu X Karina pair's fans!
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 10:49   Link #289
TrueKnight

You guys DO realize Kotetsu's probably around his mid-late 30s, his daughter is around 12-13, and Karina is roughly in her mid teens probably 16, right?

So Karina's about nearly the age of his daughter only a bit older. Kotetsu is maybe twice or more of Karina's age. I think the pairing's a bit creepy/weird but thats just me... Kotetsu only sees her as kind-of a daughter or a kid, dunno about Karina's actual view on him.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 11:11   Link #290
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for seiyuu joke:

Spoiler for Pure WTF.:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 11:17   Link #291
TrueKnight

^ He's also done Layfon Alseif from Chrome Shelled Regios, Yoichi from Asu No Yoichi, Luke from Sacred Blacksmith, Takumi from Mayui Neko and the latest one Okumura Rin from Ao no Exorcist. Hmm one of my favorite japanese VAs...
Old 2011-05-16, 11:25   Link #292
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
You guys DO realize Kotetsu's probably around his mid-late 30s, his daughter is around 12-13, and Karina is roughly in her mid teens probably 16, right?

So Karina's about nearly the age of his daughter only a bit older. Kotetsu is maybe twice or more of Karina's age. I think the pairing's a bit creepy/weird but thats just me... Kotetsu only sees her as kind-of a daughter or a kid, dunno about Karina's actual view on him.
Think its fairly obvious Karina likes him after this episode.

Also, plenty of RL couples have age gaps within that range, a 10-15 year age gap isn't that immense.
Old 2011-05-16, 11:34   Link #293
TrueKnight

^ I don't mind the 15 year old age gap. But are you suggesting you've seen lots of real life 35 year old dudes dating or having a relationship with highschool girls?

Edit: Look I'm not saying I'm against Kotetsu x Karina or anything, I just thought its weird thats all. If anyone wants to ship Kotetsu x Karina then please be my guest. It's a much much better choice than Kotetsu x Barnaby anyway, if I had to choose.

Last edited by TrueKnight; 2011-05-16 at 11:46.
Old 2011-05-16, 12:54   Link #294
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I think its fairly obvious they are two completely different people, Kotetsu is easily identifiable from his younger self to his current self. Agnes looks VERY different from Kotetsu's wife in the picture.

Also, wouldn't be so sure Agnes hates his guts.
Kotetsu's daughter is 14-15 years old. He's anywhere from 34-40 years old.

It looks like he married young and had a child at a very young age. His wife looks very young in the photo. Kotetsu looks like he's 19-20 years old.

Agnes looks to be 34-40 just like Kotetsu but she wears lots of makeup and may dye her hair. Agnes works in TV, may be a former reporter, for all we know. TV women and super heroes...

The Gist of Kotetsu's character is that he's a dinosaur, the last of his kind... a true old school superhero forced to fight crime in a commercialized profession.

What if Agnes is the estranged Lois Lane?

Could be one of those stories where she falls for Kotetsu as a rookie reporter. They have a child. She eventually rises through the ranks. Kotetsu stays the same, he doesn't mature. He remains a man child. He's good at his job but his idealism costs him financial success. His wife ends up the main bread winner. She ends up working at Hero TV. She then decides she's tired of being the adult and divorces him. They split custody of their daughter. She ends up living with Kotetsu's mother half of the month and the other half with her mom.

Just saying, she works in TV and Kotetsu is a superhero.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 13:14   Link #295
Kusa-San

I think Karina is more around 18 and Kotetsu is around 30. Honestly, I don't care about that if, in the end, they love each other. And yeah, I like their relationship and it's obvious that Karina has a big crush on him :33 But it's also obvious that right now, Kotetsu see her as his second "daughter". To be honest, I know there is pratically no chance for this pairing ( ) but....

KotestuXKarina FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2011-05-16 at 13:25.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 13:24   Link #296
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 7 was great!

Seeing a shadowy vigilante who's aiming to kill criminals, but yet is much more a throwback to the classic superhero in that he works totally on his own, is very neat.

Tiger and Bunny has been a very good show so far, but it really took it to the next level with Episode 7.

You could say that this show is Superhero NEX! A fitting compliment to the cola drink that Blue Rose promotes.
Old 2011-05-16, 13:40   Link #297
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm all for Tiger x Rose too.

Gimme gimmeeeeeeeeeeee

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 13:44   Link #298
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
^ I don't mind the 15 year old age gap. But are you suggesting you've seen lots of real life 35 year old dudes dating or having a relationship with highschool girls?

Edit: Look I'm not saying I'm against Kotetsu x Karina or anything, I just thought its weird thats all. If anyone wants to ship Kotetsu x Karina then please be my guest. It's a much much better choice than Kotetsu x Barnaby anyway, if I had to choose.
I understand where you're coming from. I just don't see that pairing at all and also find it weird. 15 year old age gap is nothing when both parties are adults. I mean even if Karina has a crush on old Kotetsu, I don't see him having romantic feelings for her.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 14:03   Link #299
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeekHuntress View Post
I understand where you're coming from. I just don't see that pairing at all and also find it weird. 15 year old age gap is nothing when both parties are adults. I mean even if Karina has a crush on old Kotetsu, I don't see him having romantic feelings for her.
It's true it's not common but if they love each other then, there is no problem. Now it's clearly not the case for Kotetsu right now
Old 2011-05-16, 14:06   Link #300
Kenn
Stomp

Just got put up on the booru (link is danbooru, may be nsfw), and I don't remember seeing it in the thread earlier. Tis a thumnail btw.

Kotetsu gets no popcorn.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere