Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2011-12-31, 22:17   Link #102
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Not to bad and but wrestling moves with a robot
Old 2012-01-01, 01:07   Link #103
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Good first episode, I'm definitely hooked - the mix of mecha, some comic moments, and a little fanservice is reminding me of Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo a little. Madoka has an amazing ability to adapt to crazy situations too, a trait usually reserved for harem leads...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 01:49   Link #104
Dahak86
Classics never age

hm, not particularly digging the chara-designs. but, for a first eppy, I guess it was 'ok'. a bit too much by-the-book for my tastes, though.
It comes as no surprise that the only "good parts" (ie: the only ones to get a laugh or two out of me) were the fanservice bits. the robo-wrestling stuff only managed to make me /facepalm.
at any rate, let's give this another 2-3 eps. who knows... if they'll manage to step up their fanservice-game, I might even stick with it. otherwise, they'll lose me.
Old 2012-01-01, 03:44   Link #105
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ummmm ... well ... not quite my cup of tea. :\

Not horrible, mind you, and I do like the Madoka's personality and all, and I kinda like the deadpan alien friend Fin but ... hmm.

Well, let's give it a try with a few more eps - maybe things will pick up.
Old 2012-01-01, 05:57   Link #106
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Good first episode, I'm definitely hooked - the mix of mecha, some comic moments, and a little fanservice is reminding me of Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo a little. Madoka has an amazing ability to adapt to crazy situations too, a trait usually reserved for harem leads...
Sora wo Kakeru shoujo was pretty bad, especially toward the end, too much wasted potential. Shows with female leads are fresh, especially if there is Yuri involved. But so far Madoka seems too cheerful. This type of leads generally goes two directions, either they stay too cheerful and clueless, which is annoying, or they goes to the completely opposite direction and become too depressing and useless. Well, at least she has the name Madoka on her side, and let's hope the she pulls another Madoka Magica on us. The first episode is good, but her first battle was too easy to be very impressive.
Old 2012-01-01, 06:58   Link #107
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

The beginning of a x (x=generic) mechan tv serie is so clichè that everytime i start to watch a show like this seems the same thing over and over. Hope we will see something different in the next episodes, but all the characters are so much clichè too (the sister, the enemy, the partners, the hidden organization, etc...). Meh.

ps: for a 50% of the episode i was hoping for a female only cast (like Blue Drop), the entrance of the enemy ruin everything.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 09:42   Link #108
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Not too bad for a first episode.

Might be a decent watch aslong as the bad guys are interesting and not not a bunch of psychos who like to kill stuff

ps. the fan service is also pure win
Old 2012-01-01, 10:43   Link #109
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Has Viz announced yet when they will start releasing episodes? Their website is a bit lacking in information about the show.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 10:52   Link #110
Vena
Carpe Diem

I think this has promise.

An interesting personality for a lead in this genre type, the art is pretty good (I really like the mech designs I've seen in the PVs, and the fights could be great), and it looks like a big chunk of the show might actually be a romance story with giant robots fighting in the background.

Let's hope for the best; first episode was not great, not bad, so somewhere in the decent to good range. I could do without the fanservice but I'll let it fly for now.
Old 2012-01-01, 14:43   Link #111
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Has Viz announced yet when they will start releasing episodes? Their website is a bit lacking in information about the show.
They said they would simulcast when the show starts... on 8 January. So I am kind of confused why there is lots of talk about episode 01 now, and why the thread has been moved to the current series discussion section already.
Old 2012-01-01, 14:51   Link #112
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
They said they would simulcast when the show starts... on 8 January. So I am kind of confused why there is lots of talk about episode 01 now, and why the thread has been moved to the current series discussion section already.
there was a preair
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 15:20   Link #113
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Holy crap, this girl doesn't let anything get her down does she? OMG that guy's drowing! No worries, I have my swimsuit on! Some dick steals her uniform and she's like "no probs I'll just wear my track suit". She has a schedule full of all sorts of shit and she just breezes through the whole thing. Some random chick in weird clothes shows up and she's like "OMG lets be friends!" Then the random chick takes her to a huge ship and tells her she's an alien and she has to pilot a huge freaking robot whilst some bad guy starts shooting at the ship she's on and she just gets into the robot and fights the guy in the other robot like this happens every other day...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 16:50   Link #114
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
there was a preair
Ah justpassingby mentioned something about episode 01 on NicoNico. Still off hand I don't remember AnimeSuki moving the thread so early.
Old 2012-01-01, 21:41   Link #115
justpassingby

Quick translations from Official Site

Spoiler for Characters:
さあ,始まる丸で

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-01-02 at 05:51. Reason: school -> student
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 01:14   Link #116
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Some comments/observations for Episode 1

Spoiler for episode 1:

Endless "Perfect!" Soul
Old 2012-01-02, 02:05   Link #117
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
My take on Episode 1

Spoiler for Episode 1 Thoughts:
Old 2012-01-02, 05:44   Link #118
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Some comments/observations for Episode 1

Spoiler for episode 1:

Well for that part I guess it was a way to show us she is a semi pro, I mean, I usually see female players on sport channels who put their spare balls under the skirt. So I don't think there is a real connection between the two events.

For episode 1, nothing impressive, I will watch first episodes, but I hope for a strong (normal I mean, no yuri things) interaction between the male and female cast.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 12:23   Link #119
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well for that part I guess it was a way to show us she is a semi pro, I mean, I usually see female players on sport channels who put their spare balls under the skirt.
I see. I guess I don't watch enough tennis.
Old 2012-01-02, 18:54   Link #120
User165949
Disabled By Request

A M A Z I N G O.S.T.,

one of the best I've ever listened to during a single episode

never imposing, always enhancing the episode, always present, always changing styles,
if some musician is here can elaborate on the style and references, but in the continuous flow I heard really tiny bits and pieces of free jazz, classical, pop (but not your usual trivial pop: frequently unconventional and unpredictable, quite refined, sometimes warm, sometimes ethereal, sometimes slightly dissonant), everything fused with cinema music, military style band, etc.; at some point I'd swear I heard a nice reference to Morricone-style themes (during the cockpit transformation sequence)

seriously, it might be the late hour, but I'm sincerely in awe ... well it might really be the late hour ;P

It's been since Ghost Hound that a soundtrack has not thrilled me this way.

yeah, the OP is darn pretty, but the OST is several other leagues better.

who's the author?

..."tantaliazing".
User165949 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime original, mecha, science fiction, yuri