AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-04, 23:07   Link #161
SQA

I liked ep 1. As I don't know the manga, I don't know what's coming, but a "buddies save the world, maybe" series could be a lot of fun.

But, I must say, this is the first series that got me thinking "Would going to Google and typing in "How to make an Astrolabe" solve most of this problem?". Granted, since its the same guy as Spiral, he probably thought that bit through. Without some special magic tricks, you probably can't get past the barrier, leaving her stuck there. (And I did like Castaway the movie, haha)

If Ando-san can keep Okada Mari in check, this could be interesting. Or, if she goes nuts, it could be really interesting. Either way, it'll be interesting, I just hope for good reasons.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:23   Link #162
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
I liked ep 1. As I don't know the manga, I don't know what's coming, but a "buddies save the world, maybe" series could be a lot of fun.
At the end of the episode I expected them to go- "Carry on my wayward son~ !"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:33   Link #163
SQA

I'm not sure any anime has the budget to license that...
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:42   Link #164
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

One can dream... It would have been awesome...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:56   Link #165
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

First ep is....pretty good surprisingly

Keep this pacing and I don't forsee any problems.

Atmosphere is good. Fitting of the whole overarching plot....lol actually the atmosphere somehow gave off Masada vibes for some reason...

Voices; I think Mahiro's was ok....He isn't the type that is 100 percent calm and rational especially when you consider how broken those two guys are...

I like Kana Hana's Aika and Nana-chan's Fraulein.

BGM is soothing at times and at others may be a bit too dramatic but coupled with he visuals it becomes quite a nice effect overall

Quote:
Aika's face! What have they done to Aika's face!?
Lol that's my biggest issue with ep 1 actually...

And that scene of Aika's corpse.....I wonder, did they just finish up this ep barely a week or so ago? Or most probably it is advance reception of the latest chapter...

Also...Mahiro's fight against Fraulein....lol Accelerator
Old 2012-10-05, 00:14   Link #166
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And that scene of Aika's corpse.....I wonder, did they just finish up this ep barely a week or so ago? Or most probably it is advance reception of the latest chapter...
Goddess, perhaps you have forgotten. Aika's death scene was shown back in volume two.

Yoshino and Mahiro felt a lot more extreme in the anime. Mahiro is more aggressive now with various facial expressions, and at various point I felt Toyonaga was trying too hard either.
But I think I like Mahiro this way more.

While Yoshino is a lot more gloomy and vicious. He does not have the same laid back demeanor on the exterior. And then topped with Uchiyama's voice, I was getting some emo vibes....

Last edited by shmaster; 2012-10-05 at 00:46.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 00:21   Link #167
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Goddess, perhaps you have forgotten. Aika's death scene was shown back in volume two.

Yoshino and Mahiro felt a lot more extreme in the anime. Mahiro is more aggressive niw with various facial expressions, and at various point I felt Toyonaga was trying too hard either.
But I think I like Mahiro this way more.

While Yoshino is a lot more gloomy and vicious. He does not have the same laid back demeanor on the exterior. And then topped with Uchiyama's voice, I was getting some emo vibes....
Oh? It was? Been quite a while since I read vol 2...

I find Mahiro's difference with his manga self less than Yoshino's so I'm not too bothered by it.

Yes, Yoshino is more emo here but if you set it with the rest of the ep, it fits quite nicely...

As for Yoshino, I think Yoshino's anime personality can be judged better once he comes into contact with Hakaze. Manga-wise, his personality really started to become clear when he came into contact with her through that doll anyway.
Old 2012-10-05, 00:45   Link #168
webkid94
*Author

I think Mahiro should have switched voice actors with Yoshino...hearing Mahiro constantly reminded me of a pissed off Mikado (Durarara), being the same voice actor for both while Uchiyama has already voiced a loony blonde haired guy before.., that bugged me more than the music , which was indeed a bit over the top. That short fight scene was well animated and the backgrounds look nice, typical of BONES quality.

Though it hasn't wowed me yet but fall has been full of surprises.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 00:48   Link #169
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

You are not the first, and probably will not be the last person who'll think those two should switch actors.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 01:12   Link #170
Terizent
Nonsense!

The first episode was good...though Yoshino acted, ah, a lot more emo and "beta." I hope fervently that he'll improve within the next two episodes.

Otherwise, the soundtrack and randomly interspersed Shakespeare quotes are wonderful. The classical music really does go well with the dramatic presentation.
Old 2012-10-05, 02:49   Link #171
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Old 2012-10-05, 03:50   Link #172
renari

Send a message via MSN to renari
I saw the first episode yesterday and it was nice but not my style. But I like the graphics and the characters.
Old 2012-10-05, 04:17   Link #173
Helius

Somehow I feel like I'm watching Maschera - Lamentation of the Fallen. Kuroneko would be proud.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 05:11   Link #174
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Watching this and Chuunibyou back to back was a bad idea. I kept unintentionally laughing at many of the scenes in Zetsuen since it felt like everyone had chuunibyou.
Old 2012-10-05, 05:53   Link #175
Bern-san

I don't know if I like the fact that they already showed Aika or was a bit too early.
Great animation, great seiyuu interpretation and I like the music but it felt like listening to your typical movie soundtrack.

Wasn't the how does a kiss feel flashback shown in chapter 13 or so?
Old 2012-10-05, 06:41   Link #176
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

It's interesting so far. I recognize most of the VA's here, especially the VA of Samon and Hakize.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:30   Link #177
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
You are not the first, and probably will not be the last person who'll think those two should switch actors.
Not that that would improve anything much....Yoshino doesn't fit that kind of yankee voice
Old 2012-10-05, 07:44   Link #178
kuromitsu

I don't know the manga but I thought Yoshino's voice was pretty good... From what I could see in this ep it's not an easy role, but Uchiyama did pretty well.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 10:07   Link #179
miketyson

Chaos2Frozen: welp, that's now how I'm going to try and pretend this episode ended, as it would've been just too perfect.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 10:15   Link #180
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, childhood friends being a couple in the very first episode only to have the girl killed off? Goddamit!

Quite interesting she was quoting Hamlet. Wonder does she have a Shakespeare equivalent? I mean, it's pretty fricking obvious Ms. Sorceress is THE tempest (a magic user trapped in an island and all), but not so obvious with Aika. Quoting Hamlet, does that make her Ophelia? Or is having a secret relationship with Yoshino makes her Juliet?

If either the case was true, maybe it wasn't a murder all this time but a suicide. Although it would be terribly ironic if the killer was Yoshino all along lols. XD

And for the record, anime Aika is like 100x prettier than manga Aika, having taken a quick peak from the manga. She just looked so bland in the manga version, while her anime version gives off more character by making her look like a haughty ojou.

Overall, I'm VERY impressed with the first episode. While it didn't have the awesome setting Shin Sekai Yori had, but man, those fight scenes were electrifying.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen