AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 37 35.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 39.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 17.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-15, 17:46   Link #81
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I was quite surprised at Shinka's casual remark about Rikka and Yuuta's relationship while the others were washing the dishes. I was under the impression that there was a bit of a spark between Yuuta and herself...
Old 2012-11-15, 18:08   Link #82
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hope Ishiki will get a chance with Kumin or Shinka , secondary char with romance will be a + .
Old 2012-11-15, 19:34   Link #83
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Hope Ishiki will get a chance with Kumin or Shinka , secondary char with romance will be a + .
Actually I disagree, The rest of the characters work well without any romcom, Kumin clearly prefers her Pillow and the girls. Shinka I'm not too sure I'm finding it hard to read her. So his only chance would be Shinka, but he probably doesn't see her thr same way after her true self is revealed. Shinka is also closer to him probably cause, he firstly isn't a chuunibyou and he is a classmate. Whether the feelings are platonic or romantic is much harder to tell.
Old 2012-11-15, 20:54   Link #84
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyta View Post
but Kumin… honestly? She’s older than the rest and isn’t a Chuunibyou victim. She has a firm grip on reality and has probably seen more than her fair share of relationships start with classmates around her.
Kumin, the sleeping beauty? I don't think she's seen much of what goes on in her class on the account of being asleep through it.
Old 2012-11-15, 21:43   Link #85
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

No one has mention it so far but I think that the person Touka and Rikka call mother is not their biological mother, she is probably the second wife of their biological father. Whether the original mom died or divorced is any ones guess, but I have a hard time believing that a biological mother would abandon to the family of her late husband the care of her two daughters, but if those are the daughters of another woman and if she is still young it is quite probable she would try to remarry again (and not all males are the caring type that says "the more the merrier") or return to a job in the career she studied in the university. Also, I do not know the law in japan but it would be quite surprising that they could prevent the biological mother from visiting her daughters.
Old 2012-11-15, 21:59   Link #86
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
No one has mention it so far but I think that the person Touka and Rikka call mother is not their biological mother, she is probably the second wife of their biological father. Whether the original mom died or divorced is any ones guess, but I have a hard time believing that a biological mother would abandon to the family of her late husband the care of her two daughters, but if those are the daughters of another woman and if she is still young it is quite probable she would try to remarry again (and not all males are the caring type that says "the more the merrier") or return to a job in the career she studied in the university. Also, I do not know the law in japan but it would be quite surprising that they could prevent the biological mother from visiting her daughters.

Touka did tell to Yuuta that their mom left them. Not their stepmom.
Old 2012-11-15, 22:16   Link #87
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

A great episode.
I totally despise her mother and how irresponsible and egoistic she handled the situation. Abandoning her children and that especially in their time of need after their father died. There is just no excuse for what she did.
Old 2012-11-15, 22:41   Link #88
ellessarr
Banned

for what i get when tooka was playing with yuuta youngest sister she say:
don't forget to "let me see them once per month"

this means who they mother give them to the grandfather maybe she was just a housewife(with no job) and after the husband dead she see herself hopless about what to do and rikkar started to go chuunibyou just on the same day of the death and she seeing her young daughter gona crazy make more hard to her handle with the situation then she thought it would be better to leave them with grandparents for a time until she can recover and asked if she can visit them sometimes but the grandfather being a jackass not allowed like "if i gona take care of them, then u can't see them" this make tooka very upset with her grandfather

something close to this happen with me 1 or 2 years after my birth mine father leave mine mother because my grandfather(father of mine mother) was tired of my father cheat on my mother and give him a car and some money and say to him leave her and never come back and let him take care of the family (me my 2 old brothers and my mother) and only alowed him to see me and mine brothers only when us already on teenager/adult age.
Old 2012-11-15, 23:16   Link #89
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Agreeable...

Now you just went full delusional.

There are even more chances of Shinka being attracted to the bro than of that happening.
I was just joking about the typical theme "The MC gets all the girls".

About Shinka, you're right, at this point, she has firmly taken a supportting role. The scene which she was doing dishes with other girls confirmed it.

However, it doesn't jibe with her earlier reactions to Yuuta. She had been really nice to Yuuta even before she knew about Deko joinning the club.

And what's the point of Shinka staying with the club anyway? All she does is pick a fight with Deko in every chance they catch sight of each other.

That is not going to help her get those notebooks back, is it?

Last edited by TimeSkip; 2012-11-15 at 23:41.
Old 2012-11-15, 23:27   Link #90
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well those where so great tan lines
Old 2012-11-15, 23:27   Link #91
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
However, it doesn't jibe with her earlier reactions to Yuuta. She had been really nice to Yuuta even before she knew about Deko joinning the club.
Considering her actions and manners towards Rikka's grandma this episode, I'd say her being nice to Yuuta before was just her standard faking as a goodie good girl in order to hide her Chuuni past, doesn't really mean anything.
Old 2012-11-15, 23:38   Link #92
broken270
Defying gravity

I wonder if the mole is star-shaped if it were zoomed closer.
Old 2012-11-15, 23:59   Link #93
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeSkip View Post
I was just joking about the typical theme "The MC gets all the girls".

About Shinka, you're right, at this point, she has firmly taken a supportting role. The scene which she was doing dishes with other girls confirmed it.

And what's the point of Shinka staying with the club anyway? All she does is pick a fight with Deko in every chance they catch sight of each other.

That is not going to help her get those notebooks back, is it?
Shinka is nice to everyone before they find out what her true personality is like. Also recall her reaction to Rikka feeding Yuuta earlier in the series. It wasn't really a react you would expect from someone who was in love with Yuuta.

I'm guessing Shinka is still around because she actually does like being in the club. Despite her best attempts, she hasn't completely left behind her Chuunibyou past and she is hiding her true personality. The club is a place where she doesn't really have to put up a front. Also, she's technically is an old friend of Dekomori and Rikka. All three of them use the same metaworld incantation.
Old 2012-11-16, 00:01   Link #94
Skane
Anime Snark

The club is a place where she can vent her frustrations. It cannot be easy to put on a fake smile all the time. In the club, she is free to... be herself.

Cheers.
Old 2012-11-16, 02:10   Link #95
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Slightly disheartened with Shinka falling to the support lines. I mean, sure, the opening made it clear where this series was going. The probable OTP pictured half by half makes a near guarantee. My kindle of hope in alternate scenarios is almost extinguished.

Shinka = Most of the leads for flags have been crushed now. Talk about a lead on with the facade. She's just around to fight with Deko at this point.
Dekomori = Deko has almost no interactions with Yuuta to begin with. Time is better spent serving her master.
Kumin = Zzzz......
Old 2012-11-16, 04:23   Link #96
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
Slightly disheartened with Shinka falling to the support lines. I mean, sure, the opening made it clear where this series was going. The probable OTP pictured half by half makes a near guarantee. My kindle of hope in alternate scenarios is almost extinguished.
Why would you want a love triangle in the first place?
I like the fact that this show is not the typical harem. There is a firmly established main couple (at least after Yuuta got to know Mori Summer's true personality) and no jealousy at all from the other girls.

I think that Shinka is not interested in anyone at the moment. She was kind to Yuuta in the beginning to keep her "good girl" image and she scolds Isshiki because she doesn't like perverts. From her reactions I don't think that she was the author of the love letter.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2012-11-16, 05:30   Link #97
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

The drama is executed well. Not surpraise here, given the studio history. The camera angle, composition, music, etc. really enhance the scenes. Rikka shouting her lines in the last scene is powerful (and a little embrassing as usual). It kept me rooted to the seat. The sparkle behind Yuuta and Rikka on their way to Rikka's old house is beautiful. BGM suddenly fade out when she see the "for sale" sign is perfect. And so on.

I'm not quite sure yet about the story itself though. My understanding is that Tooka want Rikka to accept her father's death, hence trying to get her to the grave. Rikka, however, refuse to accept that. She wants to go to the old home to see her dad. Now the strange thing is why Tooka went through such great lenght preventing her to do so. Wouldn't that be the right thing to do to let her see reality? The only explanation I can think of is that Tooka is willing to bring her sister there, but she is too afraid to let Rikka go by herself. Rikka, on the other hand, think that Tooka doesn't believe her story and she is interfering with her power to reach beyond the horizon. So she refuse to go with Tooka. And hence the tension between the sisters. If that is all there is to it, then I think it's a little weak. It's quite hard to believe that they're in that deadlock for this long.

But enough about that. The romance is finally in high gear, and I for one happy about that. Yuuta is just what Rikka needs--someone who will listen to her story and know how to play along with it. His shifting between DFM and "normal" Yuuta shows just that.

PS. Rikka slipping off her (pretend) character is so cute that she should get a term coined for her already. Like a "chuu-dere" or something.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:13   Link #98
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post

Shinka = Most of the leads for flags have been crushed now. Talk about a lead on with the facade. She's just around to fight with Deko at this point.
Dekomori = Deko has almost no interactions with Yuuta to begin with. Time is better spent serving her master.
Kumin = Zzzz......
No one should be surprised that anime-only characters added for flavor will not play an important role in the main romantic relationship which has been known since before the first episode aired. Didn't the director tweet something around the second or third episode when it was looking it might become a harem to the effect that it was absolutely a romantic comedy? If you haven't figured out Yuuta x Rikka is the canonical pairing by now, I'm not sure what to say.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:50   Link #99
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 7:

The only thing I know from this episode is the fact that Rikka's "Banishment... This World!" catchphrase makes a lot of sense.

Also, Kumin is so divine on this episode!
Old 2012-11-16, 08:07   Link #100
Warm Mist

So, there was something this episode that didn't click with me. I couldn't pinpoint what it was at first, but upon rewatching, I'm pretty sure that it's a problem of direction.

The episode was structured as such: a light-hearted scene, normally "antics" between the supporting cast, comes first, immediately followed by a scene with more tension, always regarding the three core people of the plot: Yuuta, Rikka and/or Touka. This happened throughout the whole episode, and while the serious scenes were getting progressively longer, there was always an interlude with a comedic relief part.
This made the mood of the episode switch too much and too fast, and I found it hectic. The comedy scenes weren't as fun because you just came from a more somber cut, and the drama could have had much more impact if it wasn't being diminished all the time with these interludes.

The scenes themselves were pretty good, the last scene being the most well done, with a nice use of music and storyboard. It was just that there were too many mood swings in the episode, as opposed to comedy+drama episodes of most anime that only transition once or maybe twice.

If the comedy was more condensed at the first half, and the second half was 100% open for plot development, I'm sure that the episode would have had much more impact and been more cohesive.
Not saying it was bad by any means, but I couldn't shake off that feeling when watching the ep. After rewatching though, it didn't bother me that much, probably because I already knew what was going to happen.

Also, one thing: I agree that Rikka's chuunibyou stems partly from denial over her dead father, but it seems there is more to it than just that: when her father died, her mother left and Touka left, she was all alone with her grandparents in an apparently isolated location, with not much to have fun, and probably with no friends due to the obligatory deppresion and isolation she developed due to her tragedy.

In that context of extreme boredom, Rikka had to be inventive to have fun and bear with it. Thus she developed a fantasy world. Think about it, when we are bored to death we can do ANYTHING to have fun or kill time. Mix that with what happened to her family, and typical anime exaggerations, and you have the Wicked Eye wielder.
I think that if she hadn't been left in that house, away from everything, she wouldn't have developed chuunibyou. She would just have been a depressed, socially awkward kid.
Closed Thread

Tags
chuunibyou, drama