AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-01-04, 14:38   Link #241
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

err... when I said 14-15 and 16-17, I meant the characters' age, and possible continuation of the story. the show ends at ep13.
Old 2005-01-04, 15:51   Link #242
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
err... when I said 14-15 and 16-17, I meant the characters' age, and possible continuation of the story. the show ends at ep13.
It is really important to read dreamless's first part of the post, "I mean, people rarely settle with someone when they are only 14-15..."

Futakoi was done well, I'll say....
Old 2006-09-29, 09:44   Link #243
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Watched the entire series In the end he didn't make up or say who he really likes. Then again, I guess he was too kind because he's well aware of the Ichijou's and Sakurazuki sisters' feelings.

--> Mmm, what is Nozomu? a twin magnet?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-09-29, 14:26   Link #244
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Watched the entire series In the end he didn't make up or say who he really likes. Then again, I guess he was too kind because he's well aware of the Ichijou's and Sakurazuki sisters' feelings.

--> Mmm, what is Nozomu? a twin magnet?
That's what I liked about the series when it ended. It would have been really strange if he had chosen who he likes since there were so many and they were not really what I'd call old enough to, how do I say, dedicate themselves to it

The series started as young, it ended as young. I like that

You know, if Nozomu was a twin magnet, he'd have male twin rivals as well
Old 2006-09-29, 14:34   Link #245
monir
cho~ kakkoii

By the end of the series, I was so annoyed by "twins" that I refused to baby sit my nieces who are also twins, before giving up near the end of the week in front of relentless insistance and phone calls from the 4-year-olds. Fortunately, for me, my faith on the twins would be restored soon there after in Futakoi Alternative.
Old 2006-09-29, 14:40   Link #246
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
That's what I liked about the series when it ended. It would have been really strange if he had chosen who he likes since there were so many and they were not really what I'd call old enough to, how do I say, dedicate themselves to it

The series started as young, it ended as young. I like that

You know, if Nozomu was a twin magnet, he'd have male twin rivals as well
I guess the anime wants to preserve its innocence in any way possible....not that it's not good anyway, I like how the story flows. But they should also emphasize on the other twins as well, instead of just the Ichijou and Sakurazuki sisters.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-09-29, 15:07   Link #247
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i hate futakoi alternative ;___;
Old 2006-09-29, 23:03   Link #248
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
i hate futakoi alternative ;___;
I'm watching it and beginning to like it. It's a major overhaul from Futakoi but it's definitely interesting. It's just full of random stuffs though

--> Back to the topic, if Nozomu, for example, chooses the Sakurazuki twins, will he marry them both? Both Kira and Yura are acting like one person anyway.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2007-02-20, 19:53   Link #249
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished this...and what can i say

ranting and venting incoming

Another f*****g ending that does not resolve anything even in the slightest way imaginable. Why the hell did they have to ruin an otherwise perfect anime with a god damn open end. Why? Why? Why ?

Why must it shoot itself in the foot ? AARGH.

Nicely set up characters, good climax, fitting drama, properly used side characters (for a harem anime) near the end, dumping the reality on the main guy and making him think about his feelings... and it all amounts for NOTHING! HAHA! *smashes head on the keyboard*

God damn, just...why ? I am so disappointed i want to cry a river and drown in it. Compared to most harem anime this turned out to be unexpectedly good stuff, but the ending killed it for me.

I was praying to whatever demons i worship for this not to happen while watching ep12 - it was set up perfectly for a dramatic finale.

And in the end the harsh reality that most script writers are not capable of finishing a good story gets slapped in your face. I was hoping all the way in ep13 that "please don't do it that way"... and then "NOOOO, they are actually going for that type of end".

Why the hell all the setup, all the hinting towards a particular girl, all the good stuff has to go to waste ? WHY? RAWR! Wasted potential ? HELL YEAH!

And all the much more disappointing because this could have been a perfect entry in the harem anime genre.

Aaahhh, i feel much better now Sorry for the rant.

Well, for an open end it was not that bad, and i gues i could understand why they chose to go with it, but this type of ending is something i utterly despise. It makes me feel that all that wonderful buildup was for nothing. *sigh*

It was more than worth the watch, and it delivered much more than i expected from the first eps, and it is a somewhat unique harem anime, but it could have been that whee bit more with a proper ending.
Old 2007-02-20, 20:25   Link #250
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Another f*****g ending that does not resolve anything even in the slightest way imaginable. Why the hell did they have to ruin an otherwise perfect anime with a god damn open end.
Ah, what? No.

Even without the open ending, this thing was riddled with flaws. Boring characters, gimmicky premise, pointless episodes, a few pointless side characters, bland animation, etc, etc. The worst thing about this, though, was it was just so inoffensive. Every single plot point was executed in this weird, tempered fashion, almost as if they were trying to minimize any dramatic fall-out in any given scene. Never mind the ending, even from towards the very beginning I found this thing boring.

Totally forgettable series, IMO.
Old 2007-02-21, 10:40   Link #251
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ah, what? No.

Even without the open ending, this thing was riddled with flaws. Boring characters, gimmicky premise, pointless episodes, a few pointless side characters, bland animation, etc, etc. The worst thing about this, though, was it was just so inoffensive. Every single plot point was executed in this weird, tempered fashion, almost as if they were trying to minimize any dramatic fall-out in any given scene. Never mind the ending, even from towards the very beginning I found this thing boring.

Totally forgettable series, IMO.

Well, the "otherwise perfect anime" was an exaggeration, as was the rest of my post, obviously But with a proper ending it would have ranked relatively highly on my list for an anime of this type.

Aye, the vet twins were pointless, as was the episode dedicated to them , but i can live with one filler episode. If nothing else, it showed how much of a "nice guy" Nozomu is, that can't help but attend to what is in front of him at first.

Shirogane twins were probably not needed as well, but at least i enjoyed their ep quite a lot, compared to the vet twins.

The characters did not seem boring to me. The Ichijou sisters, who seemed to be the same at first, turned out to be different with their respective flaws. The Sakurazuki sisters did act as one person, but it was fine for me (Even if their Nozomu-Kuuun! did get a bit annoying with time ), - i don't mind if one set of twins act as one as well.

It started on shaky grounds, but managed a very nice buildup for a possible finale. - it definitely delivered more than i expected at first (which was a simple anime that seemed to try to kill me with cuteness overload). And a nice dilemma about the problem when twin sisters are in love with you.

Aye, the whole thing was pretty much "inoffensive", but i liked it. Not everything needs to be angst ridden. I was surprised that it had next to nil fanservice as well. I saw a dozen of scenes that were perfect for a panty shot, or some other embarrassing cliche situation. I was kinda pleasantly surprised that they didn't "explore" those possibilities. It was cute and innocent, and i fail to see how that makes it any worse.

The animation was simplistic and cute as well, and suits the series quite nicely, and is pretty much to my liking.

While i find the animation of BgI completely hideous on its own, it suits the series as well, so i am not complaining about it.

All in all, i enjoyed this one quite a bit, and despite the sloppy ending, it ranks quite above something like Shuffle in my book.

Cheers.
Old 2008-08-08, 01:56   Link #252
Tran225

i just finished this series like not so long ago lol any chance of season 2 for this
Old 2008-08-08, 02:30   Link #253
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
i just finished this series like not so long ago lol any chance of season 2 for this
Futakoi Alternative?
Old 2008-08-08, 10:06   Link #254
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just for the record, even though the anime seemed to end in an open note, there's enough clues for me to declare a particular girl (not a particular set of twins, mind you) as the winner, ala Da Capo II.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-08-08, 10:20   Link #255
Solafighter
Hige

Well Futakoi and Futakoi Alternative are not realy related. Its just like the titles says an "alternative" anime to the twin characters.